AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 18:42   Link #24221
Appel

couldnt find a bigger image, right? ;D
i think you should upload it somewhere else and submit it as a thumbnail. its just too big XD
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:45   Link #24222
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i think you should upload it somewhere else and submit it as a thumbnail. its just too big XD
You want me to post a bigger one? I'm sure I can find one. I mean it's the only 1 kit that I wish Bandai made...ya know? I got a lot of motivation/desire for it. :eye spin:
Old 2012-01-24, 20:05   Link #24223
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Oh, that big picture is the one that Bandai announced just a few days ago that they'll never make an MG of it ))))))))))))))))

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:13   Link #24224
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Apparently it can. Check out this review.
Thanks. I buying the Unicorn version of the Banshee then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Those clear blocks are only ever used by modelling magazines to prop prototype models on. Once the full gunpla are released, they are posed standing up without the clear blocks, or on a designated Base.
I see. I was thinking that the Assualt Shroud made the Duel unstable that it will need a stand when released, since the plain Duel was standing just fine as a prototype. I remember my old MSiA Duel Assault Shroud was a little unstable too.
Old 2012-01-24, 20:15   Link #24225
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Thanks. I buying the Unicorn version of the Banshee then.

I see. I was thinking that the Assualt Shroud made the Duel unstable that it will need a stand when released, since the plain Duel was standing just fine as a prototype. I remember my old MSiA Duel Assault Shroud was a little unstable too.
Given all that extra weight, I'd say an Action Base is needed to keep it steady or you'd be placing it against a wall or something like that.

But for me, I always use an Action Base 1 for my 1/100 No Grades or 1/100 Master Grade kits anyway. Just makes sense and it feels like the kit is more "complete"...

Weird I know. =P
Old 2012-01-24, 22:38   Link #24226
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
yup it does glow green

Bandai Hobby Online Shop: MG 1/100 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Ver ka [Final Battle Ver.]
(Pre-Order Begins: Jan 25th 2012, Release Date: Mar 2012, Price: 5250 yen)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...p-mg-1100.html
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:43   Link #24227
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Hm. I haven't read or heard anything of Bandai officially saying they would never make the MG Exia R2...

>_>

Quit your lame attempt at trolling... rofl rofl
Because you truly are my idol. I follow your footsteps towards the highest art of lame trolling

Oh wow, the exclusive MG Banshee just proves how popular it is. Usually, it takes time before they release one, but they just did at the same time they announced the regular version.

Now I wish that MG Age-1 and friends can actually have LED units. I mean, it would be a waste just to have those clear green parts T_T

@casval cehack I have the feeling that the MG Assault Shroud will just do fine, even though I haven't had it in any form. My confidence came from the fact that it doesn't look back heavy. Besides, if it had problems in the past, I have the feeling that Bandai will be able to fix it this time.

Old 2012-01-25, 06:54   Link #24228
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
@casval cehack I have the feeling that the MG Assault Shroud will just do fine, even though I haven't had it in any form. My confidence came from the fact that it doesn't look back heavy. Besides, if it had problems in the past, I have the feeling that Bandai will be able to fix it this time.
I guess some future promo photos of the actual MG will show it standing fine. I slightly prefer posing my gunpla without stands.

I'm currently building the HG Age-2. Bandai removed the extra red feet parts shown in the preview runners. But those four shoulder pegs are begging for mods; I'm thinking putting 00's GN Drives (Quad Drive Age-2) or Strike Freedom's wings (DFF Age-2).
Old 2012-01-25, 07:39   Link #24229
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

RG RX-178 MK II preview

RG Skygrasper
Old 2012-01-25, 08:18   Link #24230
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

That RG Skygrasper looks just sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
My HG 1/100 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud stands just fine. No balance problems there

Old 2012-01-25, 08:32   Link #24231
maknaedik

That RG Skygrasper loooooooks AWESOME! I hope it'll have an MG form :P

Old 2012-01-25, 08:48   Link #24232
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Feb-Apr wld be a huge wallet sucking mth....
Old 2012-01-25, 09:22   Link #24233
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
RG RX-178 MK II preview

RG Skygrasper
Looks like flexible tubes are in for the Mk. II backpack, kinda first for a RG. Which one is not the Bandai Online exclusive, the Titan's version?

The RG Skygrasper do look awesome, but I'm more excited for the RG Super Strike with all those packs.

@Sir Dearka - Thanks, that's assuring.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:30   Link #24234
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

definitely buying of means of doing this ^^

Old 2012-01-25, 09:37   Link #24235
casval cehack

more here -> http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=12904

Someone already did it using HG parts. Now imagine those packs in RG detail...
Old 2012-01-25, 10:34   Link #24236
firefox
Seed seeder

A question for all you model junkies.

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 10:40   Link #24237
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post

With the upstart of 1/144 RG line which are very close to MG except in size, do you think this will affect MG releases in the future as MG moves more and more towards PG quality wise?

Bandia can't maintain every model line financially, eventually recession will come.

I see 3 scenarios:

a) MG will become more rare with only a few releases a year, RG will become standard mainline modeller grade, PG will become exstinct, HGUC will stop.

b) MG will continue normaly, RG will be slower and just replace HGUC as general fanline. HGUC will see alot less releases. PG will remain, but just 1 every 3-4 years.

c) RG will fail and stop, more MG will come (min 2 per month), HGUC will go more general then just UC. PG remains mistery.

I'm a 1/100 MG man myself, i bought a RG strike because i'm a strike fan, but now i hesitate to get a RG freedom. So do we jump on teh wagon of RG or not?
Or~

The Real Grade will replace the High Grade. High Grade kits IMO seem like a total waste. They're decent and you get what you paid for, but when there's a far better quality kit in the same scale (i.e. the Real Grade), why would you want to get the High Grade version...ya know?

I'm more MG or 1/100 NG myself, but if I had to choose, I'd say the HG line will die out in favor of the RG.

And MG kits are getting less and less in the GunPla community. I'd say that eventually Bandai is going to only do lead Gundams in MG.
Old 2012-01-25, 10:56   Link #24238
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

I see 3 scenarios:

In my opinion, MG line will still be the primadonna of Gunpla since there are hordes of fans of MG in particular and fans of 1/100 scale in general. Also the MG quality is the most consistent compared to other lines such as HG 1/144, HG 1/100 (now apparently extinct) and PG.

Still, I can see that RGs will replace HGs to some degree. That’s coz most of the 1/144 fans will choose to buy RGs. I can see that later on, popular Gundams & other mechas will be made into RGs while HG line will be for the more unpopular mechas such as GMs and other ugly grunts.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:05   Link #24239
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:

I see 3 scenarios:

The way I see it; MG's will still continue normally as will RG's and HGUC's, though I still wish that they would expand it to other Gundam series like W and more X.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:06   Link #24240
evolution_ayu

Just completed my MG Wing Zero Custom.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy