AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 05
10: Amazing... 37 42.53%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 32 36.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 11.49%
7 out of 10: Good... 4 4.60%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 3.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.15%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-24, 12:53   Link #101
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I've been under the impression that he wants Frontal to gain as much of the glory from battle as possible. He was going on about how he himself desecrated Frontals battlefield earlier in the show (episode 2 I believe).
Yeah, Full frontal kill count will seem much more magnificent if Angelo doesn't destroy a single suit. Angelo pretty much the guy.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:36   Link #102
T-T-Thunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Banshee was the main attraction of this episode .Zulu was also nicely depicted but don't compare it with Banshee.
Way to miss my point.
T-T-Thunder! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:15   Link #103
Destined_Fate

Marida Cruz... Is a Gundam?! Oh gawd. Setsuna would be having a heart attack over this.

This was a great episode and I'm glad they showed Marida's struggle over her reconditioning and breaking free and remembering who she was. Though I have a bad feeling for her, she's supposed to be Banagher's Lalah so that means she may be dead very soon.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:59   Link #104
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Marida Cruz... Is a Gundam?! Oh gawd. Setsuna would be having a heart attack over this.
I loved it when she identified the Delta Plus as a Gundam as well. Is there a solid definition of "Gundam" in UC, by the way?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 23:38   Link #105
Destined_Fate

The Delta Plus is a wannabe Gundam. It's like... a Hand me down Zeta. So it's understandable she mistook it for a Gundam.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:46   Link #106
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I loved it when she identified the Delta Plus as a Gundam as well. Is there a solid definition of "Gundam" in UC, by the way?
Proper vfin more or less.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:38   Link #107
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Proper vfin more or less.
erm delta plus doesnt have v fin but do have Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor & Gundarium Alloy

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-001A1_Delta_Plus

Most logical explanation would be its IFF code term delta plus as gundam

Last edited by duotiga; 2012-05-25 at 10:29.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:03   Link #108
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
The Delta Plus is a wannabe Gundam. It's like... a Hand me down Zeta. So it's understandable she mistook it for a Gundam.
I was under the impression that Gundams were just testbeds for the newest experimental tech, which are then developed into mass production suits like the Delta +
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:06   Link #109
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I was under the impression that Gundams were just testbeds for the newest experimental tech, which are then developed into mass production suits like the Delta +
Yeah, they're just testbeds with the most expensive and newest stuff. The Mass Produced stuff take what works and is cheap and scraps the things that are too expensive or require too much specifics, like requireing a newtype or using tech that most humans couldn't understand or would crush their bodies and drive them insane.
Old 2012-05-25, 13:57   Link #110
Awrya
U mad?

Just watched, incredible episode. Full Frontal and Angelo to the rescue at the end, spectacular. I wasn't impressed with the idea of having 6 OVAs spread throughout 3 years, but the animation and story are definitely worth the wait.
Next one will be the last, I expect a grand finale

Edit: Did I miss the preview for episode 6 or wasn't there any?
Old 2012-05-25, 14:12   Link #111
Destined_Fate

It's 7 now, they decided on a 7th episode. Most likely we may get more than that as well.
Old 2012-05-25, 14:13   Link #112
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just watched, incredible episode. Full Frontal and Angelo to the rescue at the end, spectacular. I wasn't impressed with the idea of having 6 OVAs spread throughout 3 years, but the animation and story are definitely worth the wait.
Next one will be the last, I expect a grand finale

Edit: Did I miss the preview for episode 6 or wasn't there any?
They expanded the OVA to 7 episodes and there wasn't a preview for 6.

Frankly, I am glad there wasn't. Having a preview and have to wait a year to contemplate what the preview meant would make the wait even more agonizing than it already is.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 14:36   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Delta Plus is actually an offshoot of the original design for the Hyaku Shiki that never got put into place called Delta Gundam. Basically it's the offshoot of the testbed for the Zeta Gundam, while of course the Re-Zel is a distant cousin of the Zeta much like just about everything else in the Londo Bell arsenal.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:12   Link #114
pumpkins

i'm a bit confused why the general revil attacked the nahel argama.. what happened there? arent they all on the federation side?
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:31   Link #115
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
i'm a bit confused why the general revil attacked the nahel argama.. what happened there? arent they all on the federation side?
Maybe because they conspired to work with Neo Zeon remenants to free the Princess...?
Old 2012-05-26, 00:27   Link #116
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
According to Captain Bright's spies and informants the VIST foundation wanted to remove all witnesses related to the Laplace's box which was why the ship was ordered to be on stand-by during the whole time.

So regardless of whether or not they assisted they were slated to die apparantely.

I could be wrong though.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:07   Link #117
MFS3Kiryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
According to Captain Bright's spies and informants the VIST foundation wanted to remove all witnesses related to the Laplace's box which was why the ship was ordered to be on stand-by during the whole time.

So regardless of whether or not they assisted they were slated to die apparantely.

I could be wrong though.
I don't believe you're wrong, they do say in the anime that the General Revil is there to wipe out all witnesses.

As for Rozen Zulu and his aim, I think that's precisely why he bows. Full Frontal has likely been having Zimmerman and the other Garenceries crew members keep him up to speed on Banagher's no kill policy, and Banagher is still the only key to the Box. It seems likely to me that this was an elaborate deception by Full Frontal to both save Banagher but also gain his trust. I think Angelo bows out of the way and is regarded with a smile by Full Frontal because he did an excellent job putting on a show for Banagher. The poster who made the ceding the stage metaphor is perfectly correct I think, but I think they were actually putting on a show for Banagher.

Also oh my god yes, the OST for this is amazing. It's been playing in my car since I saw the episode, so many amazing tracks. Audrey, Banshee, Psycho-Field, Gundams. Unicorn is so good because they really aren't half assing the production values, the score for this series is magnificent.
MFS3Kiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:14   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Berltorchika! Kai! Amuro! These cameos were such a treat for Gundam fans.

That was a fantastic episode once again. I had been thinking about waiting until the series is done to watch the three remaining episodes but in the end I caved in and watched it anyway. I don't regret it one bit.

I was really surprised Zinnerman and Marida were reunited. Things rarely end well for cyber newtypes, so I thought for sure Marida would either die or kill her beloved master. Well, there are still two episodes left so they're not exactly out of the woods yet...
Old 2012-05-26, 08:58   Link #119
Destined_Fate

You really think Marida is going to get a happy ending? She's the Lalah of Unicorn, only sadness awaits her.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:06   Link #120
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You really think Marida is going to get a happy ending? She's the Lalah of Unicorn, only sadness awaits her.
If they continue the cliche of UC Cyber Newtype, then no. Besides, this OVA is a homage to UC.

But there could always be surprises.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion