AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-08, 18:29   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Kagari's death would be easy to cover up. He simply died from wounds sustained during his battle with Shogo's terrorists. Ministry of Health takes his body under protected custody, no one can see it, remains cremated.
It's as easy as you might think. Only Division 1 knows what is going on at Nona tower (or so they believe). Gino's team is already heading there and will likely be the first at the scene. The chief will not have time to prepare a proper cover-up that would explain the absence of Kagari's corpse.

Besides, what you suggest would seem a bit too fishy, especially to someone as keen as Kougami, since I doubt that's the procedure when an enforcer dies in the line of duty. He will want proof Kagari is dead, and this might lead him to the truth.

It's probably smarter to pretend Kagari bailed and give the team an entirely different bone to chew. That story wouldn't sound too far-fetched, especially since I assume that was the first time Kagari was not supervised by an inspector.
Old 2013-02-08, 18:40   Link #202
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
And so the next issue would be what Akane would do if Kogami became a rebel (but I can't see him freeing Makhisima, no way he would IMHO)? Would she follow him? Or would she fight him? Even if I find Akane being a bit dependent by Kougami I think that she would go for the latter.
I'm uncertain here.

I know what would be most entertaining and interesting, imo.

I think there's loads of potential in Kougami and Makishima having to work together, much to Kougami's chagrin but Makishima's amusement. It's almost too entertaining an idea to pass up!

But while I do think that Gen has a very good sense of what's entertaining and what's not, he never lets that totally take over. He's much more concerned with characters acting with consistency and in-character than he is with providing entertainment for its own sake (Gen is almost downright anti-fanservice in this regard, imo). If Gen doesn't think its plausible for Kougami and Makishima to work together, then it won't happen, no matter how entertaining such a thing might be.

So I'm leaning against it, but holding out mild hope it might happen anyway. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Makishima.
Old 2013-02-08, 19:01   Link #203
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
And so the next issue would be what Akane would do if Kogami became a rebel (but I can't see him freeing Makhisima, no way he would IMHO)? Would she follow him? Or would she fight him?
Even if their goals remained aligned, their values are already clashing. If she fights him, it will likely be over his methods. We're reminded of the difference between them when she doesn't kill Makishima despite Kogami pleading with her to do so. It seems to me that orders or not, Kogami never planned to let him leave alive.

Speaking of Akane's choice, I thought it was handled very well. The flashbacks themselves were cheesy, but the last few episodes have done an awesome job leading her to that choice. As someone mentioned, she's still never killed anyone, though perhaps she'd do so in the line of duty if Sybil ordered a lethal elimination. Even though I expected her to let him live, I was still riveted, and I think I actually mouthed "don't do it..." at one point. That's pretty impressive to get me that invested in Akane's values remaining intact, because I sure didn't feel any pity for Makishima.

Surely Akane's trials aren't over yet, and all of these tests of her personal morality are setting things up for at least one more huge decision. It may involve Kogami's fate, seeing as they're now plainly at odds over how to resolve this. She's fired on him once, in what may prove to be foreshadowing. The stakes are higher now, because I think Kogami's now on Sybil's shitlist. Blowing away that last helmeted lackey suggests that he was too far from Makishima, but plenty close to Kogami to be read. And we all saw how Sybil judged him. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood that scene.
Old 2013-02-08, 19:46   Link #204
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm uncertain here.

I think there's loads of potential in Kougami and Makishima having to work together, much to Kougami's chagrin but Makishima's amusement. It's almost too entertaining an idea to pass up!

But while I do think that Gen has a very good sense of what's entertaining and what's not, he never lets that totally take over. He's much more concerned with characters acting with consistency and in-character than he is with providing entertainment for its own sake (Gen is almost downright anti-fanservice in this regard, imo). If Gen doesn't think its plausible for Kougami and Makishima to work together, then it won't happen, no matter how entertaining such a thing might be.

So I'm leaning against it, but holding out mild hope it might happen anyway. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Makishima.
Yes, that's basically why I said that I can't see Kougami freeing Maishima. It would be not in-character for him. He became an enforcer because of him, so it would be hard to take seeing him working together with Makishima, willingly, actively. Adding to this that I found Kagari's last speech depicting not just his own moral, but somehow something more general, something that is shared by each enforcer, more or less. Don't know if I read to much on this by the way.
On the matter I fully agree with you btw, I would love to see it, them working together, so I also have a slight hope that it could happen in some consistent way, like him being forced to. It would be really interesting. Even if they would become an unstoppable team Surely it would be easier, narrative-wise, having them paired up, if not I think that Makishima will have less and less screen time.
But I could be pleased just having Akane fighting against him, and against herself, like ThereminVox has well pointed out.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-02-08, 20:08   Link #205
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yes, that's basically why I said that I can't see Kougami freeing Maishima. It would be not in-character for him. He became an enforcer because of him, so it would be hard to take seeing him working together with Makishima, willingly, actively. Adding to this that I found Kagari's last speech depicting not just his own moral, but somehow something more general, something that is shared by each enforcer, more or less. Don't know if I read to much on this by the way.
On the matter I fully agree with you btw, I would love to see it, them working together, so I also have a slight hope that it could happen in some consistent way, like him being forced to. It would be really interesting. Even if they would become an unstoppable team Surely it would be easier, narrative-wise, having them paired up, if not I think that Makishima will have less and less screen time.
But I could be pleased just having Akane fighting against him, and against herself, like ThereminVox has well pointed out.
yes it would be interesting if that happened, and imagine that it is done for the team to come ... Kagari death ... Makishima with Kogami ... so ... Gino with Masaoka and Akane with Yayoi?
Old 2013-02-08, 20:32   Link #206
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
yes it would be interesting if that happened, and imagine that it is done for the team to come ... Kagari death ... Makishima with Kogami ... so ... Gino with Masaoka and Akane with Yayoi?
Dreaming of yuri, I see.
Old 2013-02-08, 20:37   Link #207
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Dreaming of yuri, I see.
No no no no please I do not dream of yuri with them, I'm just saying as Kagari died when he will Kogami, Yayoi and Masaoka in executor and if after Kogami assumptions teamed with Makishima .. . Masaoka and it will remain as Gino looks to be reconciled with his dad (they Gino exchange Masaoka in team him ) so Yayoi will team with Akane

but I think Kagari is killed but what did he think was the usual compositions teams Masaoka would kill and not Kagari....

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-02-09 at 04:20.
Old 2013-02-09, 00:05   Link #208
deansfurnis

My thoughts on the latest episode. Truly great episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh6bcmsnf6w
Old 2013-02-09, 05:49   Link #209
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Here's some stuff from episode 17 :
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-02-10 at 06:19.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:10   Link #210
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

okayy...so it's true after all that sybil is like that. Nothing is surprising for next episode then.

by the way, it seems there's more than that
Spoiler:

dunno if it's true though.

Last edited by Reincarnated; 2013-02-09 at 10:21.
Old 2013-02-09, 10:51   Link #211
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Wait a second! What does that part mean?
Old 2013-02-09, 11:28   Link #212
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Blowing away that last helmeted lackey suggests that he was too far from Makishima, but plenty close to Kogami to be read. And we all saw how Sybil judged him. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood that scene.
The helmet of the guy was broken by Kogami (you can see sparks flying out of it). That's why he was able to shoot him.
Old 2013-02-09, 17:32   Link #213
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Here's some stuff from episode 17 :
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Then a team "Makishima and Kogami" could confirm?
Old 2013-02-10, 10:18   Link #214
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
As for Kagari... how many guys in jumpsuits were there?

Only 5 were taken out by Kagari and Kogami on screen, I think. There is at least 1 left.

Spoiler for Kagari:

Kagari's death would be easy to cover up. He simply died from wounds sustained during his battle with Shogo's terrorists. Ministry of Health takes his body under protected custody, no one can see it, remains cremated.
Does Kagari even have anything left? That thing he ate seemed to be the Decomposer mode...

Quote:
I'm uncertain here.

Why not. Once Sybil is taken down, they can resume killing each other afterwards
Old 2013-02-12, 00:51   Link #215
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Now with the death of Kagari I say that I hope Rina and his band will return in the next episode in the history, because yes in episode 12 it was a flashback to Yayoi ... but imagine have not review in the coming episodes Rina I would say that episode 12 I would have preferred to see the flashback / past Kagari and no Yayoi ...
:S
Old 2013-02-12, 15:44   Link #216
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Unless he seriously hates Akane for not killing Makishima, I seriously doubt Ko's going to turn on her like that. It just doesn't seem like him. Though, they might not work together for awhile and probaly will clash about what happened, but not in a 'I HATE YOU NAO FOR NOT KILLING THAT BASTARD' part of way.

I said this in another thread, but I totally get Mulder/Scully vibes from Ko and Akane.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:04   Link #217
Triple_R
*Author

I doubt that Ko will turn on Akane entirely. I honestly hope he doesn't, because that would hurt his characterization, imo. If nothing else, Akane did save his life, so that should calm his likely anger towards her at least a little bit.

I think Ko will give her a bit of the good, old-fashioned silent treatment, or maybe make a biting comment that amounts to "I thought we were good friends and colleagues that made a great team... but I guess I thought wrong".

It's hard for me to imagine them literally fighting each other.
Old 2013-02-14, 05:03   Link #218
Vito
Asshole.

Old 2013-02-14, 07:51   Link #219
RollingPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Seems like spoilers that MisaoFan posted were perhaps false?
Old 2013-02-14, 08:57   Link #220
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
Seems like spoilers that MisaoFan posted were perhaps false?
I don't think so, although they do include scenes that weren't present in the spoiler part, such as the romantic conversation between Kogami and Akane, though I didn't say it in a romantic way.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread

Tags
résume, spoil