AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-13, 03:30   Link #201
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Though does a series like EVOL even deserve the Movie treatment? Seeing how bad they dropped the ball with the series I don't have much hope they'll salvage it with an even shorter Movie. Though they just might use it as an excuse to bring Zessica up again just to torture her for loving Amata since she's not destined for anyone apparently.
Evol is fun.

All you need to do is fix the main drama.

maybe get rid of the love triangles (I know it's Kawamori's specialty, but linear romance would have been less annoying). The fuck fate pseudo theme needs to disappear as well. And Mikono and the love story being less central to the plot.

And no Zessica's sufferings going overboard, but if she stays in a mere friend role, it won't be a problem.
Old 2012-06-13, 03:46   Link #202
Destined_Fate

Reducing Zessica to a friend role if they made a movie isn't something that will happen. Not after all the effort they pushed her in the series and if it's like the Aquarion Movie they'll just bunch up everything they can from the series into the movie with changes(Example: Reika) to fit the shorter time frame. If anything the Quad will be handled much better there because they would have no reason to drag it out, though poor Zessica will ultimately end up suffering just like she has and continues to in the series. Though I have a feeling most of the side characters would end up being shafted to actually put enough focus on the Quad and the End Game pair which I would be fine with since the side characters got more than enough screentime in the Series and hey. Maybe Jin might get a happy ending!

Rewatching Aquarion and the pollon thing makes even less sense. Especially the last few episodes of Aquarion that show Apollo remembering that he's Apollonius and he(Apollonius) reaches out to Silvia(Celiane). Guess EVOL really isn't meant to be a true sequel at all, at least not for the TV series/plot that heavily pushed Apollo as Apollonius as it winded down to the finale. 2Episode 25 in particular that made it without a doubt that Apollo was Apollonius and he even remembered his time with Touma that Pollon wouldn't know anything about.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-13 at 04:33.
Old 2012-06-13, 04:35   Link #203
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

I didn't know anything about a Kawamori interview where he complained about the lack of support for Amata/Mikono, but hey you get what you give.
I extrapolated a bit about the line where Kawamori was complaining that Mikono was not a slut.
Basically I assumed that she was supposed to be perceived as a good faithful GF for Amata in Kawamori's mind.
Of course, it's not what most of the watchers perceives and it's not what I perceive either. Basically what we perceive is Mikono having stronger guenuine attraction to Kagura but still playing with Amata's feelings without really reciprocating them.

It appears it's not Kawamori intention. AxM is supposed to be the cute couple fighting against destiny (incarnated by Kagura) we should all be rooting for. (side note : that destiny thing makes no fucking sense).

Now maybe, Kawamori was just taking a shot at the otaku fanbases and its stupid and over-the-top expectations concerning the purity of the heroines. Basically it's alright if males characters are interested in/aroused by more than one girl, but if the heroine behaves the same way she's called a slut.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-13 at 05:56.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:21   Link #204
MasterVampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Like you said, it feels like some wires got crossed during the writing and development process with the main characters, their relationships, and the main story, and it shows and suffers. Okada may be in charge of writing it, but Kawamori is the head honcho and therefore has final say on what is final, for better or for worse

I just think that the romance in this series has been a complete fail.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:23   Link #205
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I just think that the romance in this series has been a complete fail.
I wouldn't say that the whole romance in this serie was a fail though, because i still liked the romance between Yunoha and Jin and the romance between Mix and Andy
Old 2012-06-13, 07:51   Link #206
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Evol is fun.

All you need to do is fix the main drama.

maybe get rid of the love triangles (I know it's Kawamori's specialty, but linear romance would have been less annoying). The fuck fate pseudo theme needs to disappear as well. And Mikono and the love story being less central to the plot.

And no Zessica's sufferings going overboard, but if she stays in a mere friend role, it won't be a problem.
That would work for a movie, yeah. And I agree that EVOL is fun, and fixing the main drama would go a looonng way to helping this show.

Maybe pair up Zessica with Cayenne or Malloy (probably Malloy, since Zessica/Cayenne might enrage the fujoshis) in order to thoroughly wash the bad aftertaste from the mouths of Zessica's fans. It's not like Cayenne or Malloy have anything better to do.

Quote:
I extrapolated a bit about the line where Kawamori was complaining that Mikono was not a slut.
Basically I assumed that she was supposed to be perceived as a good faithful GF for Amata in Kawamori's mind.
Of course, it's not what most of the watchers perceives and it's not what I perceive either. Basically what we perceive is Mikono having stronger guenuine attraction to Kagura but still playing with Amata's feelings without really reciprocating them.
I don't think Mikono is quite that bad (I don't think that she's crudely playing with Amata's feelings). I just think she's really indecisive and/or easily gets cold feet. I think if she was to formally enter into a relationship with Amata, she'd probably take a firmer stance with Kagura. Until she does so, she understandably doesn't feel a need to firmly resist Kagura.

Mikono is caught in the classic nice guy/bad boy love triangles of many shoujo shows. She likes Amata, but Kagura excites her. Should we get Amagura, then it'll be a pretty different approach to the whole nice guy/bad boy triangle - i.e. "I can have them both!"

Quote:
Now maybe, Kawamori was just taking a shot at the otaku fanbases and its stupid and over-the-top expectations concerning the purity of the heroines. Basically it's alright if males characters are interested in/aroused by more than one girl, but if the heroine behaves the same way she's called a slut.
I doubt that this is it. Because if it was, we should see Amata showing more interest in Zessica. That would potentially highlight an otaku double-standard (chiding Mikono for being interested in Kagura, but giving Amata a pass for being interested in Zessica - Amata/Mikono are equally indecisive towards one another, but only Mikono gets called on it).

But the thing is that Amata has been much less indecisive than Mikono has, imo. Sure, he hasn't been very proactive himself, but nobody really questions which girl he truly wants to be with. There's not as much unanimity over Mikono.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:40   Link #207
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:

It appears it's not Kawamori intention. AxM is supposed to be the cute couple fighting against destiny (incarnated by Kagura) we should all be rooting for. (side note : that destiny thing makes no fucking sense).

Ok, I understand what you mean. I can understand Kawamori being frustrated with Mikono being received poorly, but he kinda brought it on himself in a sense. The audience likes characters that they can identify with, sympathize with, or just plain like. If the people working on the show (Kawamori, Okada, anyone else handling and developing the characters,) had did a better job with her then she would better received. But since they didn't they gotta just accept it now.

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2012-06-13 at 09:56.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:36   Link #208
Destined_Fate

Pairing up Zessica with Cayenne(You crazy) or even Malloy? Now you're just trying too hard. She has shown no interest in them in the series, all that would do is anger the fanbase even more and we'll end up with another OVA Reika which wasn't received well at all. Just randomly pairing her off with others to avoid the love Quad is a cop out and just pure and lazy writing. Not to mention that this wouldn't satisfy Zessica fans at all since it would tie her with an unrelated relationship and make it look like she needs to be with "someone" to have a reason to be around. Fans would rather she get with Amata or no one at all than just to hand her out like candy to a side character that she has shown no attraction to at any point in the series.

Take off your Amata x Mikono glasses before assuming that you know what's best for Zessica fans. What you suggested is just like handing Mikono over to Andy while removing Mix and Amata from the Mix just so you can have your dream of pushing Zessica with someone else and make your beloved Amata x Mikono pairing seem more revelant since that is clearly not the case in the Series. Point being that Zessica isn't the reason Amata x Mikono failed, Amata and Mikono are why Amata x Mikono failed, so pushing Zessica off to the side wont suddenly fix anything. If anything it would take away an outside factor and make Amata x Mikono even more stupid since now there's no reason why they haven't moved at all in 24 episodes.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:44   Link #209
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't know.

I normally think it's fine for some major characters to not be in romances at all, but Zessica has been so defined by romantic love that I honestly have a hard time picturing her single and liking it.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:53   Link #210
Destined_Fate

Yet pushing her to a side character is better? No it isn't and is a huge disservice to her character. She isn't just defined by love for anyone, it's her love for Amata specifically which she has shown to have an attraction to him since the very first episode. As well her her obvious jealousy when Mikono tries, and fails constantly, to move forward with Amata far earlier than Zessica's confession. Just having her love someone else she has shown no attraction to wouldn't do at all for the fanbase,
Old 2012-06-13, 15:55   Link #211
Thess

The best solution for a movie/ova version is to fire the current writers and hire others. Have Kawamori doing the script. Period.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-13, 16:12   Link #212
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The best solution for a movie/ova version is to fire the current writers and hire others. Have Kawamori doing the script. Period.
I don't know about a movie but I would love to see this redone as an ova series. Like you said, have Kawamori be the main one writing but I wouldn't mind that if they do bring other people in, then bring people in that have experience working on shows of similar style to Aquarion (action/adventure, mecha, romance, drama, comedy.)

But mainly do it as an ova series so they can have more time work on the story, characters, relationships.
Old 2012-06-13, 16:14   Link #213
Bern-san

Since the episode where the boys and girls went to tour the city in trios I kind of shipped Sazanka with Cayenne, in fact I was hoping for some sort triangle with Cayenne-Sazanka-Shrade (the guys aiming for Sazanka). I think it was due to a sentence Shrade said after he got separated from Sazanka that made me think of that.

So is it impossible to Zessica to pair up with somebody who isn't Amata? I know that right now pairing her up with somebody else is quite unrealistic and lazy but I don't think it is disservice, we all knew from the beginning that Zessica's love for Amata was going to be unrequited so the best we can hope is for her to move on either alone or with somebody else. Well, with how things are going not sure if she can have happy ending.

Anyway, I don't care who ends up with who anymore (is it weird that I kind of thought of Mikono x Fudo? I liked their interactions), I'll just see what happens in the end.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:06   Link #214
Iteza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Anyway, I don't care who ends up with who anymore (is it weird that I kind of thought of Mikono x Fudo? I liked their interactions)
From episode 14 I have taken a strange likening to this paring too. Wouldn't have minded if it was developed further.
Old 2012-06-13, 19:13   Link #215
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteza View Post
From episode 14 I have taken a strange likening to this paring too. Wouldn't have minded if it was developed further.
Fudo = Apollonius retcon? Not impossible.
Old 2012-06-14, 00:16   Link #216
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Since the episode where the boys and girls went to tour the city in trios I kind of shipped Sazanka with Cayenne, in fact I was hoping for some sort triangle with Cayenne-Sazanka-Shrade (the guys aiming for Sazanka). I think it was due to a sentence Shrade said after he got separated from Sazanka that made me think of that.

So is it impossible to Zessica to pair up with somebody who isn't Amata? I know that right now pairing her up with somebody else is quite unrealistic and lazy but I don't think it is disservice, we all knew from the beginning that Zessica's love for Amata was going to be unrequited so the best we can hope is for her to move on either alone or with somebody else. Well, with how things are going not sure if she can have happy ending.

Anyway, I don't care who ends up with who anymore (is it weird that I kind of thought of Mikono x Fudo? I liked their interactions), I'll just see what happens in the end.

Right now it is impossible and yes it would be lazy and a disservice to her. She has shown zero interest in any of the other characters and has had very little interaction with any of them. So it would literally be random and bad writing if they suddenly decided to push her with someone else, that she doesn't even know exist in that way, in the last episode just because some want her to be "Happy" even if that happiness is nothing but a facade. The only happy ending for her is - 1) Amata and her, 2) Moving on, or 3) Death. Those are the only real options they have left for her and considering how they want Amata x Mikono very badly and have shown that she can't just move on from Amata means that they may go the only real route left - Death.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:21   Link #217
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
It seems to me like the two most logical avenues for Zessica are A.) She is the reincarnation of Toma's "good" side or B.) She is Reika. Anything else (aside from maybe being an original character) would just leave a bad taste in most of our mouths. Why do they need to assasinate her character?!?!?!?!

I don't really care if Zessica doesn't end up with Amata at this point - I just want her to get a nice heroic ending. My guess? She will sacrifice herself along with Mykage ala Rei in Evangelion (TV)
Old 2012-06-14, 11:02   Link #218
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Damn, I actually cried at the end...

I really feel like either one or both of Izumo/Alicia could have been spared; no, 'either one' would have been truly terrible for the one staying alive...
I just don't see how their deaths participate in the plot story at all, I feel like they were killed for the only purpose of stirring strong emotions from the viewers, and justifying Amata getting mad, which he was or could have been on his own all the same.

And I was really starting to like them little by little ;__; And even if it was short their flashback about their love toward each other was so beautiful, though it was evident even before that from the way Izumo has been looking and thinking of her the whole time.

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
Old 2012-06-14, 11:20   Link #219
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This seem to include the own series staff, including Amata's voice actor.
What's the source/article for that? I'm rather curious about reading it. Is it translated? Either way is fine too.

If it's somewhere in this subforum then excuse me. I haven't really found the 'discussions' worth my time bothered checking it that much.
Old 2012-06-14, 15:42   Link #220
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesherry View Post
Damn, I actually cried at the end...

I really feel like either one or both of Izumo/Alicia could have been spared; no, 'either one' would have been truly terrible for the one staying alive...
I just don't see how their deaths participate in the plot story at all, I feel like they were killed for the only purpose of stirring strong emotions from the viewers, and justifying Amata getting mad, which he was or could have been on his own all the same.

And I was really starting to like them little by little ;__; And even if it was short their flashback about their love toward each other was so beautiful, though it was evident even before that from the way Izumo has been looking and thinking of her the whole time.
They were both horrible parents and the series is almost over. They desperately need to focus what remaining time they have left of Amata who has been sidelined for most of EVOL in favor of other characters. So they had no choice but to kill the parents to free up space for Amata which still isn't enough considering they're still doing the Mixy plot and there's still the Zessica/Mykage plot too. That and their deaths are supposed to make viewers be more sympathetic to Amata who isn't the most popular guy in EVOL right now.

Their love was selfish, abandoning a child than years later trying to kill your child instead of talking to him because Izumo wanted to get Alicia back on her feet ASAP(Or all the horrors Izumo inflicted on Vega for Alicia's sake)? They didn't even recognize Amata as anything but "Proof" of "their" love for "each other". It was very bad wording, they could have easily changed it to something more loving to Amata instead he's just there to prove they loved each other and for him to clean up their messes.
Closed Thread