Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 19:33   Link #7121
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Bad (?) news for Jaguars fans: A group of Tim Tebow supporters schedule a rally in Jacksonville to sign QB.
Gabbert is set to be out for week 3, so why not. Henne is not the solution and I felt that if Gabbert was healthy and played in the Raiders' game, the Jaguars could have won. I am not a big supporter of Tebow as an NFL Quarterback, but I will give him the chance if he does sign seeing as Gabbert is not playing next week. If he cannot succeed, then it is high time for people to nail their mouths shut about him. Specifically this guy

Well, though I say that, I just want to have my brother to stop bringing up Tebow talks when he comes during Sunday Night.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:08   Link #7122
Yye1
Wide Right

Oh God, this steelers team is gonna be the death of me....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:36   Link #7123
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Oh God, this steelers team is gonna be the death of me....
It's the offensive line. They can't protect Ben, or get some holes for the run game. I think the Steelers need a downfield threat too. Mike Wallace was able to stretch the field and force safeties to play over the top and double him, which opened up the field. Heath Miller isn't back yet either. The new guy that filled in for Pouncey played pretty well tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Gabbert is set to be out for week 3, so why not. Henne is not the solution and I felt that if Gabbert was healthy and played in the Raiders' game, the Jaguars could have won. I am not a big supporter of Tebow as an NFL Quarterback, but I will give him the chance if he does sign seeing as Gabbert is not playing next week. If he cannot succeed, then it is high time for people to nail their mouths shut about him.

Well, though I say that, I just want to have my brother to stop bringing up Tebow talks when he comes during Sunday Night.
The QBs for the Jags are only a little more accurate than Tebow

Tebow also brings to the table the ability to make plays with his legs. Defenses would have to account for him running the ball. At the end of the day, it's all about how many wins you have. Tebow isn't that great a passer, but he does win games.

Last edited by VTHokiePride; 2013-09-16 at 23:40. Reason: double post
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 00:13   Link #7124
Samari
World's Greatest

The glory days seem to have really faded for Pittsburgh.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 03:41   Link #7125
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post

Tebow also brings to the table the ability to make plays with his legs. Defenses would have to account for him running the ball. At the end of the day, it's all about how many wins you have. Tebow isn't that great a passer, but he does win games.
All good points. But it looks like Tim Tebow rally wasn't very successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The glory days seem to have really faded for Pittsburgh.
Things will probably get worse for the Pittsburgh Steelers next year too. I mean, aren't they going to have a problem with the salary cap?
Old 2013-09-17, 03:51   Link #7126
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
It cracks me up everytime when I see how number 22 gives up after that stiff-arm. He gets back up on his feet, but he lost the desire to chase him down even though it seemed he could have got to Lynch if he wanted to.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 05:51   Link #7127
GDB

Quote:
Things will probably get worse for the Pittsburgh Steelers next year too. I mean, aren't they going to have a problem with the salary cap?
Until they dump their old, big name vets, they'll always be in salary cap hell. The thing is, the longer they wait, the worse that hell gets. Which is fine for me, as a Ravens fan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 08:49   Link #7128
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
All good points. But it looks like Tim Tebow rally wasn't very successful.
Hahaha, I knew they were doing it and knew it would result in failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
It's the offensive line. They can't protect Ben, or get some holes for the run game. I think the Steelers need a downfield threat too. Mike Wallace was able to stretch the field and force safeties to play over the top and double him, which opened up the field. Heath Miller isn't back yet either. The new guy that filled in for Pouncey played pretty well tonight.

I feel that his wins stem from being bailed out by the Broncos' defense more than anything. He had his moments, but that was only then. The Jets cutting him was one thing, it is another when the Patriots cut him. I only want him on the Jaguars because I just want people to shut up about him. He is one player among a League over 1696, what aspects of him gets to have more attention than other players. He is a Heisman and won NCAA titles but there have been others as well. I rather much hear about Richard Sherman trash talking then hear about Tebow.
Old 2013-09-17, 21:59   Link #7129
Yye1
Wide Right

^isnt that whatthe snl sketch withtebow and jesus joked about?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-09-17, 22:03   Link #7130
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
^isnt that whatthe snl sketch withtebow and jesus joked about?
????You mean Saturday Night Live???
Old 2013-09-18, 12:39   Link #7131
sky black swordman

NFL news:
Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady is out for the rest of the season with Lisfranc injury. (Bad news)

Brian Hoyer to start for Cleveland Browns this week. While quarterback Brandon Weeden is out with a sprained thumb. (Bad news?)
Old 2013-09-18, 18:03   Link #7132
GDB

In breaking news, the Cleveland Browns insist "We will not be outdone by Jacksonville!" by trading 2012 first round pick Trent Richardson to the Indy Colts for their 2014 first round pick.
Old 2013-09-18, 18:04   Link #7133
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In breaking news, the Cleveland Browns insist "We will not be outdone by Jacksonville!" by trading 2012 first round pick Trent Richardson to the Indy Colts for their 2014 first round pick.
Why just why? They're starting Hoyer at QB too this week...
Old 2013-09-18, 18:20   Link #7134
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

"Tanking for Teddy"
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 19:23   Link #7135
sky black swordman

^ So that's the new thing.

Seriously? This is just embarrassing.
Old 2013-09-18, 19:59   Link #7136
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
"Tanking for Teddy"
LOL Nice.

Reminds me of teams tanking for Reggie Bush... and then he didn't go #1 anyway.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 20:08   Link #7137
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Looks like Jags and Browns will have the two top picks in the draft next year. They're going to gun for Teddy too, so I hope we get the number 1 pick. Whoever doesn't get Teddy is probably going to go for Boyd.

And anyway, Trent Richardson wasn't worth a top 3 pick. Good move by the Browns to drop him now.
Old 2013-09-18, 20:15   Link #7138
GDB

Week 13 could decide it. Jaguars at Browns.
Old 2013-09-18, 20:44   Link #7139
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
????You mean Saturday Night Live???
Yeah, the one where where Sudekis played Jesus and Sandberg played the kicker, forgot who played Tebow

Old 2013-09-18, 21:10   Link #7140
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Looks like Jags and Browns will have the two top picks in the draft next year. They're going to gun for Teddy too, so I hope we get the number 1 pick. Whoever doesn't get Teddy is probably going to go for Boyd.

And anyway, Trent Richardson wasn't worth a top 3 pick. Good move by the Browns to drop him now.
Strictly speaking, the running back position is becoming weaker and weaker as the year past. The number 1 running back in 2014 Draft is Lache Seastrunk and he is projected by many boards as a second round. Drafting high for running backs used to be a staple in the NFL now becomes drafting in similar stages like punters and kickers.

As for the Quarterback position, yeah. I can see those teams gunning for Bridgewater. Bridgewater is the projected Heisman as well he has better statistics than RG3's college career and could beat Luck as well. Draft Boards have suddenly changed, Bridgewater is now the overall 1 pick in many boards. Followed by Clowney at 2nd due to injury. Strangely the 3-12 are mix. Though they fall in the same player mix: Jake Matthews (OT), Anthony Barr (OLB), Cyrus Kouandjio (OT), Brett Hundley (QB), Tajh Boyd (QB), Taylor Lewan (OT), C.J. Mosley (OLB), Marqise Lee (WR), Bradley Roby (CB), and Sammy Watkins (WR).

The real debate is that there are 3 Quarterbacks projected in the first ten picks. There is Bridgewater, Boyd, and Hundley. Bridgewater is the poster boy of a tradition pocket Quarterback. Boyd and Hundley is the RG3, Russel Wilson, and Kaepernick type of player. As a Jaguars fan, if we were to pick Bridewater then we need to improve the offensive line as well. Bridgewater is mobile but is not mobile as the other two, the top two are Offensive guard Cyril Richardson projected late first round or early second round and Gabe Jackson who is early Second Round. If not, then I am more incline to be Boyd or Hundley since they are mobile, seeing the offensive line now, they will need to be able to scramble.

I wish for Bridgewater however, nothing beats a pocket passer in my book, but we need to provide protection for him.

Tags
american football, sports