Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 09:30   Link #801
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
My view:
The two of them were playing since the beginning of Higurashi. Rika's journey is their game and gave birth to them.
Bernkastel was born from Rika, 34 was born from Takano (or from Miyo's strong will, whatever...).
Bernkastel just didn't know who the opponent was until Minagoroshi-hen conclusion.

And,
34 was the strongest because she was 'defeating' Bern for a long time.

-----

edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
so 34 was basically manipulating the game till Bern came along from winning the game and sorta thrashed her?
Well
Yes?

Well
It's just my view anyway. There's no official word on it
Old 2008-09-21, 09:33   Link #802
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

yeah and im kinda sorry for not noticing ur post before...anyways im gonna post another question based on the game..wad are the ideas on where satoshi went or disppeared to?
Old 2008-09-21, 09:34   Link #803
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
yeah and im kinda sorry for not noticing ur post before...anyways im gonna post another question based on the game..wad are the ideas on where satoshi went or disppeared to?
well
in matsuribayashi they answer your questions

there's no need of ideas
Old 2008-09-21, 09:37   Link #804
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

well i only heard he was last seen going off to tokyo and thats about it
Old 2008-09-21, 09:40   Link #805
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Just for your information here are the Witches listed by age (Oldest to Youngest)
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:

Quote:
well i only heard he was last seen going off to tokyo and thats about it
I take it you haven't watched the end of season 2 of Higurashi. I would suggest that you do so.
Old 2008-09-21, 09:42   Link #806
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

i have but i was told that it was a seperate issue on what happened in the game and the anime... or should i just conclude that he was under intensive medical care from irie? the novel didnt suggest that i presume?
Old 2008-09-21, 09:45   Link #807
Eryops

Quote:
i have but i was told that it was a seperate issue on what happened in the game and the anime... or should i just conclude that he was under intensive medical care from irie? the novel didnt suggest that i presume?
You are probably confused because of Miotsukushi-hen, which is the ending that replaces Matsuribayashi-hen in the PS2. In the original visual novels things happen pretty much as they were portrayed in the anime.
Old 2008-09-21, 09:46   Link #808
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

well seems like i misunderstood...thanks ...well...im just really interested in umineko now..awaiting what Bern might do to help Battler
Old 2008-09-21, 09:49   Link #809
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
It's simply that Dark Rika is Frederika. According to this, the Rika we see is Frederika from the very beginning. If you think that she only exists in a higher dimension and outside a human body thoguh then I'm pretty sure the first time we see her that way is at the start of Minagoroshi-hen.
Oh, I thought that you meant that Frederica arrived in the world of Onikakushi-hen during the picnic scene. By "arrived" I mean that she took the place of the Rika of Onikakushi-hen. I got a little confused about your theory because the picnic scene is not the first time you see her. She's first introduced in the classroom after Keiichi fells for Satoko's trap.
Old 2008-09-21, 10:39   Link #810
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Oh, I thought that you meant that Frederica arrived in the world of Onikakushi-hen during the picnic scene. By "arrived" I mean that she took the place of the Rika of Onikakushi-hen. I got a little confused about your theory because the picnic scene is not the first time you see her. She's first introduced in the classroom after Keiichi fells for Satoko's trap.
Is that in the visual novel? Because I was thinking of the anime where Rika is briefly shown in the classroom, but isn't actually introduced until the picnic scene.
Old 2008-09-21, 10:50   Link #811
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Is that in the visual novel? Because I was thinking of the anime where Rika is briefly shown in the classroom, but isn't actually introduced until the picnic scene.
Yes, Rika is introduced in the classroom in both the sound novel and the manga.
Old 2008-09-23, 04:25   Link #812
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

yes she was introduced in the picnic at the anime but at class in the manga...i have been collecting the mangas ...
Old 2008-09-26, 03:34   Link #813
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:
yes she was introduced in the picnic at the anime but at class in the manga...i have been collecting the mangas ...
From what i've known that 3 last chapter Minagoroshi-hen, Matsuribayashi-hen have released in Japan but no ones translated them yet, right?

And one of my friends said that the woman in the last scene (ep 24 Higurashi Kai)was Bernkastel, not Frederica, what do you think about it?
Old 2008-09-26, 05:19   Link #814
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

bernkastel and fredrika are the same person by the way ... And the mangas which i read are translated and sold in chinese...
Old 2008-09-26, 08:11   Link #815
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
bernkastel and fredrika are the same person by the way ... And the mangas which i read are translated and sold in chinese...
eh, I meaned Bernkastel the witch in Umineko (seems that she's the future version of Rika/Frederica), not Frederica/Rika around the time Matsuribayashi(or Miotsukushi) -> Saikoroshi. (sorry for my bad English)
And the manga... have they been translated into English or Chinese?
Old 2008-09-26, 09:04   Link #816
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beruko08 View Post
eh, I meaned Bernkastel the witch in Umineko (seems that she's the future version of Rika/Frederica), not Frederica/Rika around the time Matsuribayashi(or Miotsukushi) -> Saikoroshi. (sorry for my bad English)
And the manga... have they been translated into English or Chinese?
I too think that it is probably Bernkastel after Saikoroshi-hen. Presumably it's from the 900 years she spent playing with the fragments before getting bored and paying Beatrice a visit.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:29   Link #817
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

well she probably got bored after winning to many times after saikoroshi-hen... remember 34 was once the strongest witch till bern came...that aside yes there are translations and u can read the english ones at onemanga

Last edited by SealedTime; 2008-09-26 at 09:46.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:45   Link #818
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
well she probably got bored after winning to many times after saikoroshi-hen... remember 34 was once the strongest witch till bern came...that aside yes there are translations and u can read the english ones at onemanga
So Bern-chan won many times after Saikoroshi-hen? Where did you get that infor? I've thought Bern only won one time after Matsuribayashi/Miotsukushi
Old 2008-09-26, 10:59   Link #819
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

well there was a 900 gap afterall and considering that shes the witch of miracles she could just restart everything its just a theory though
Old 2008-09-26, 11:03   Link #820
tobiast88
No patience for fools

Why on EARTH would go through playing with Lamdbadelta again ? And, knowing 34's personality, she probably huffed away.
According to your theory, would you pretend to be torture victim 900 years after 100 years of real torment ?
Closed Thread