AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 07:32   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 588 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Quote:
-Itachi uses his Sharingan to gain the knowledge to end Kabuto. Itachi tells Sasuke that he is glad he could help Konoha one last time (to which Sasuke immedaitly overreacts). Itachi explains that Naruto will help clear up Sasuke's misconceptions.

-Cut to Madara, currently kicking the Kages asses. Each is methodically destroyed, both in spirit and in body, until Oonoki steps in and reignites the Kages spirit and leads an assault on the clones, destroying all in the process. In retaliation, Madara decides to use a "perfect" Susano'o.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-05-30 at 09:28.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:05   Link #2
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Holy crap, that chapter was short.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:11   Link #3
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Lol, it turned into Neon Genesis Evangelion
Old 2012-05-30, 08:15   Link #4
Valky
Radioactive

Oonoki old man is the coolest character in this chapter, hands down.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:20   Link #5
ronin myael
lost ronin

so itachi leaves sasuke to be saved by naruto. oh well, i guess it was too much to hope that he could positively affect sasuke even after all that "brotherly" bonding they shared. of course naruto had to be the savior! what was i thinking?

susanoo has a perfect form? why am i not surprised?

oonoki being acknowledged by madara was kinda nice though. the old man deserves more respect.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:11   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so itachi leaves sasuke to be saved by naruto. oh well, i guess it was too much to hope that he could positively affect sasuke even after all that "brotherly" bonding they shared. of course naruto had to be the savior! what was i thinking?

susanoo has a perfect form? why am i not surprised?

oonoki being acknowledged by madara was kinda nice though. the old man deserves more respect.
Of course Susanoo has a perfect form...I mean, the sharingan is so underpowered it needs couple more abilities to make it at least usable!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:13   Link #7
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

jeebus...I really want to see Madara vs. Hashirama xD
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:17   Link #8
james0246

^We've known for quite awhile that Susano'o had a "perfect" form.

The real surprise of this chapter is just how strong the Kages are. Especially Oonoki.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:20   Link #9
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
jeebus...I really want to see Madara vs. Hashirama xD
It wouldn't be quite this epic. Madara wasn't nearly this powerful when he fought Hashirama.

Off Topic.... Those Susano clones looks like a bunch of frost giants.... am I the only one that thinks so?
Old 2012-05-30, 09:47   Link #10
christinemarie
Crazy One

The five Kage jutsu combo attack is very priceless, and I thought Raikage is the first casualty of this extreme fight against Edo Madara, my hope of return of Orochimaru seems have faded and here I thought there would be a very slim chance for it to happen maybe at the death of Kabuto. Itachi to the rescue, hopefully all five Kages would survive, but Oonoki seems the least casualty among them probably the first to go down with Susanoo Perfect Form.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:49   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The real surprise of this chapter is just how strong the Kages are. Especially Oonoki.
i expected that much from oonoki. i actually wanted him to be that strong, if not stronger. among the five kage, he really was the one that i thought to be the most powerful. so it's only right that kishi should give him this opportunity to prove himself.

Quote:
Of course Susanoo has a perfect form...I mean, the sharingan is so underpowered it needs couple more abilities to make it at least usable!
LOL yeah, it's practically useless!
Old 2012-05-30, 09:54   Link #12
itachi-san314

looked to me like susano'o perfect form is a rinnegan jutsu since that was the eye madara activated at the time of using it. makes sense since itachi couldn't do it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:55   Link #13
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
looked to me like susano'o perfect form is a rinnegan jutsu since that was the eye madara activated at the time of using it. makes sense since itachi couldn't do it.
How could there have been something Itachi can't do!?

HE WAS PERFECT!!
I couldn't resist.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:03   Link #14
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
How could there have been something Itachi can't do!?

HE WAS PERFECT!!
I couldn't resist.
lol! maybe so, but his susano'o wasn't perfect. sasuke will surely cry when he finds out and probably blame konoha for the lack of perfection
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 10:10   Link #15
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol! maybe so, but his susano'o wasn't perfect. sasuke will surely cry when he finds out and probably blame konoha for the lack of perfection
Sasuke: "Nii-san, I can't believe his Susano'o has feet!"

Itachi: "Unfortunately, Sasuke, we can't reach his level..."

Sasuke: "BUT YOU WERE PERFECT!!"
I'll milk this joke dry until there is naught but dust.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:19   Link #16
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sasuke will never live down the "But you were Perfect!" line
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 10:56   Link #17
Mists

This can't be the end of Kabuto. Plus Tobi was going to fight the entire ninja world himself? Was he only dependent on the beasts?

I still can't believe the Sharingan hax all over...oh great another Susanoo...why wasn't Pain good at Susanoo and what not if it's the natural progression. So it goes Byakugan -> Sharingan -> MS -> EMS -> Rinnegan?

Plot holes!

I wonder if Sasuke will be fed up with Itachi's righteousness and just kill Kabuto so that Konoha is destroyed and brother stays alive...but sigh...I think Sasuke rather destroy Konoha personally. I don't see it yet after this revelation on him being super hateful.

He already spent time with his brother, got a truthful explanation...he maybe can't forgive, but does he need to kill now?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:36   Link #18
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

That was the only real point of the chapter. Kage fanservice. Specifically Oonoki who is by far the strongest Kage there. Because the fight is right back to where it was 10 chapters ago. With the Kages over-matched against Madara and likely needing Kabuto to undo Edo Tensei to save them. Now instead of 25 clones it is PERFECT SUSANO'O! And this time they will need to be saved unless Kishi wants to go with Oonoki's death first since Madara said he would target him.

The only real development to the plot was at least confirmation that Sasuke will not be changed until he fights Naruto. While this is something we always knew, it started looking like maybe Itachi was going to do 90% of the work toward Sasuke's redemption. Making Naruto's role all but irrelevant. At least we are back to the theme of Naruto being Jesus since Itachi has now officially left(again) Sasuke to talk-no-jutsu and the Kages also remembered to evoke or hero's name for great justice.

I actually sort of felt bad for Sasuke here. He has legitimate grievances and questions, but Itachi is now done with him for the sake of plot progression. He just seems so pathetic now. It is funny that about 15 chapters ago, a menacing and sinister looking Sasuke, returned to the manga as a someone who in Kishimoto's own words would "bring carnage to the battlefield." Now we see him as a confused and hurt 16 year old kid you feel pity for.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-05-30 at 11:47.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:37   Link #19
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

First people wanted to see more kages. But now they still aren't satisfied. What gives?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:56   Link #20
Eragon
Still Alive

Well this has been said before but,..............THE SHARINGAN IS SOOOO UNDERPOWERED!!!! *facepalm*

And that speech by Onoki was so ughhhhhh................. Is everyone in naruto gay about naruto?
I mean I like Onoki, he's the only one of the five Kages that looks, acts and carries himself as a Kage, IMO. Not to mention he's the most powerful of them.

Once more, MORE SHARINGAN TECHNIQUES PLEASE >_>

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion