1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-05, 20:40   Link #61
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Far too much fanservice, and wtf fanservice at that. I mean, come on, think about the fans who DONT like fucking incest and lolis. That shit made me cringe.

The story was all over the place, especially the ending with these two ghost hunters popping up and the typical "ima beat you up Araragi, lol we made up you win" end.
I thought the Fire Sisters story was pretty mundane, especially with that lame-ass villain.

Fucking haircuts. Why?!

Needed more Hitagi, a better storyline, and FAR LESS fanservice.
You're the best example of the vocal minority that expects the series to be something that it never was. Bake- TV ending is to blame of course, confusing so many viewers, especially abroad. On the other hand, it boosted sales, while misleading consumers that the series is another mainstream show, instead of an interesting late night one, and therefore we got Katana-, -Madoka, Nise-, Kizu-, and hopefully a more writer-influenced (rather than publisher-influenced) Medaka-

Oh! and ecchi is not necessarily fanservice, as well as all underaged girls are not lolis
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 23:22   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Oh! and ecchi is not necessarily fanservice, as well as all underaged girls are not lolis
Aye, it gets really old having hammer those misconceptions down.... yet they persist.
Old 2012-04-05, 23:29   Link #63
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Doing what it did best, Nise's dialog and atmosphere was fantastic like always. There were a few scenes that I personally didn't like; fanservice was already commonplace in Bake, so that's not even really a thing to note. I just felt this wasn't as strong as Bake overall, but what Nise did well was awesome.

Favourite thing was Tsukihi's opening; a great "Renai Circulation" of this season. Bake scored a 9 for me, Nise was an 8.

Oh, and what's the huge deal with haircuts I keep seeing around here? Seeing the promotional wallpapers with the new character designs was EPIC. I don't know why short hair on females scares so many people; it's a style. A really cute and/or cool style at that.
Old 2012-04-06, 08:41   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You're the best example of the vocal minority that expects the series to be something that it never was. Bake- TV ending is to blame of course, confusing so many viewers, especially abroad. On the other hand, it boosted sales, while misleading consumers that the series is another mainstream show, instead of an interesting late night one, and therefore we got Katana-, -Madoka, Nise-, Kizu-, and hopefully a more writer-influenced (rather than publisher-influenced) Medaka-

You know I've always felt that peoples high expectations for this franchise might have just more than a little to do with how the fans of it often talk it up as if to imply that it's a must see masterpiece. Considering how highly praised and touted this series has been by it's fans and how big a deal it's become I don't think it's unfair that some people would have the expectation that there be more to it than meets the eye. I certainly had that expectation initially and was pretty underwhelmed by everything I've seen from it so far. Just a thought I've always had. At the very least I don't think these expectations and misconceptions (and based on what I've seen I agree they are indeed total misconceptions) sprang from nothing, that's for sure.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:48   Link #65
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Don't believe the hype. I have never referred to Bake/Nise as a masterpiece. If someone uses the term "masterpiece" to refer to any work of art, that should only make one more skeptical. At least it makes me.

Isn't this obvious?
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 09:02   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Don't believe the hype. I have never referred to Bake/Nise as a masterpiece. If someone uses the term "masterpiece" to refer to any work of art, that should only make one more skeptical. At least it makes me.

Isn't this obvious?
One would think, but hype can be a pretty powerful force and many still fall prey to it pretty easily and I'd argue this is especially true with anime fandom. The chance to belong to a larger community of fans within a niche audience like that which enjoys anime is often pretty tempting I would imagine and the sheer chance that a work might actually live up to the hype will usually get people to check out at least a few episodes of a show. In my experience hype rarely pans out in reality though which has made picking anime to watch that I wouldn't otherwise pick up automatically more than a bit of a crap shoot because rarely do share similar expectations and interests with the rest of the community at large these days. This is why I've tried to form a smaller community of contacts and friends who understand my tastes and expectation levels enough to recommend anime to me.

Personally though I've grown to hate hype because it often obscures the true nature of a work behind a sheen of inflated expectations and positive reactions, but I've always found it's worth checking out a hyped series just to have an opinion on whether it lives up to it or not.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:39   Link #67
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I thought Bakemonogatari was really good though, I was just sadly uninformed that Nisemonogatari would be nothing like it. I read somewhere that Isin wasn't initially going to publish Nise, and it was just like nonsense. Guess that makes sense.

Honestly, I'd give Nise a 6-7 /10, while I gave Bake a 9.
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:10   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I thought Bakemonogatari was really good though, I was just sadly uninformed that Nisemonogatari would be nothing like it. I read somewhere that Isin wasn't initially going to publish Nise, and it was just like nonsense. Guess that makes sense.

Honestly, I'd give Nise a 6-7 /10, while I gave Bake a 9.
you don't have the Courage to give it a 8 at least?
Old 2012-04-06, 13:40   Link #69
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't really disagree with you. Hype is a powerful force. The antidote to that is obviously to not pay attention, or just learning to do your background work. In my case, personal interests and the interests of the community at large rarely meet, too (wrt. say, Little Busters! or the new KyoAni show).

I don't know. Being skeptical is simply natural for me, so the naiveté of some people does indeed surprise me at times. Of course it could be me who's being naive here!

Quote:
I read somewhere that Isin wasn't initially going to publish Nise, and it was just like nonsense. Guess that makes sense.
This is a misunderstanding. Postscripts for Bake/Kizu. Nise is what it is.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:50   Link #70
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you don't have the Courage to give it a 8 at least?
Damn, that sounds heroic..
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:48   Link #71
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Kaioshin-sama: I would agree if by masterpiece you mean something that would be unanimously regarded as such. With that annotation neither Nise- nor Bake- (either books or anime) are masterpieces, but nothing really can be, since opinions are by definitions subjective and bound to vary.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:14   Link #72
HasuMasu
*Artist

So I finally got around to watching this and I have to say I was a bit let down, not that much since I was spoiled by the Light Novel Thread but I guess I still harbored a bit of hope left over from Bakemonogatari. Even if I say that there's still loads that I liked about this--the ED, Hanekawa/Kanbaru's new look, and Kiss-shot talking/showing an older form. I'm anticipating the other books' adaptations since I know they'll be better, so I guess it was nice to get this over with to make way for the big boys.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:51   Link #73
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The good news is my biggest complaint from Bakemonogatari in its horrible visuals have been addressed. The bad news is everything else about this show. More thoughts below...
Spoiler for Length:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:50   Link #74
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
The good news is my biggest complaint from Bakemonogatari in its horrible visuals have been addressed. The bad news is everything else about this show. More thoughts below...
Spoiler for Length:
Ouch, so harsh! I'd say keep watching the ongoing season and neko kuro because none of the characters have really peeked in development yet. In my opinion these two were the worst of the novels, but still not really pointless.
Old 2013-09-10, 14:43   Link #75
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Spoiler for Length:
Lel. You seem not getting the gist of the show itself, really. The series is mostly about conversation and philosophical talks (involving kaii/apparition phenomenons) without much actions involved. I hate to say this, but you failed to understand the concept of the series in the first place.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 19:50   Link #76
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Lel. You seem not getting the gist of the show itself, really. The series is mostly about conversation and philosophical talks (involving kaii/apparition phenomenons) without much actions involved. I hate to say this, but you failed to understand the concept of the series in the first place.
The focus wouldn't be problematic if the show didn't have the pretense of an overarching plot and the idea itself 180's from Bakemonogatari to where Monogatari's got an identity crisis.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-09-13, 21:04   Link #77
MrFalcon

I was one of the ones who came in late in the game. I started watching the series when Nise started, and actually watched Nisemonogatari and Bakemonogatari at the same time. i'd watch Bakemonogatari while waiting for new episodes of Nise.

I liked Nisemonogatari just slightly more. What got me hooked was the first episode of Nisemonogatari. Araragi was locked up in a basement by Hitagi. I had no idea at first she was his girlfriend, which ended up being a cool reveal as I continued watching. I really like the lighthearted feel of Nisemonogatari, it's music, and themes. The sisters are some of my favorite characters because of how naive but also determined they are.
MrFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 07:29   Link #78
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
The focus wouldn't be problematic if the show didn't have the pretense of an overarching plot and the idea itself 180's from Bakemonogatari to where Monogatari's got an identity crisis.
In a whole, Nisemonogatari is still one of the entry for the first season and the entire entry was only made to provide background stories for the sisters and to introduce new characters as well as to provide little developments to some of the existing/recurring characters. The series itself is still continuing and it would be really harsh to bash the series just based on the less developed plot in Nisemonogatari. Another thing you must aware of is that this is a story-driven series and not some action packed series.

Edit: 'Nise' in this context referred to as 'false' or 'falsehood', and the title itself is a word play on the sisters' plot events and also the character Deishuu Kaiki. By not knowing the real essence of 'Nise' which Nisio has pointed out, this proves that one is not really has the initiative to understand the whole point of the story himself.

Last edited by shinyaNakagawa; 2013-09-14 at 07:40.
Old 2013-09-14, 10:44   Link #79
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
In a whole, Nisemonogatari is still one of the entry for the first season and the entire entry was only made to provide background stories for the sisters and to introduce new characters as well as to provide little developments to some of the existing/recurring characters. The series itself is still continuing and it would be really harsh to bash the series just based on the less developed plot in Nisemonogatari. Another thing you must aware of is that this is a story-driven series and not some action packed series.

Edit: 'Nise' in this context referred to as 'false' or 'falsehood', and the title itself is a word play on the sisters' plot events and also the character Deishuu Kaiki. By not knowing the real essence of 'Nise' which Nisio has pointed out, this proves that one is not really has the initiative to understand the whole point of the story himself.
A sequel's intentions are pointless when it contradicts a prequel's genre. And saying it's harsh to bash the series because of Nise's less developed plot is ironic when the series is story-driven. Nise's easy to understand but its quality isn't.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-09-14, 11:13   Link #80
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
A sequel's intentions are pointless when it contradicts a prequel's genre.
Please enlighten me and elaborate your points more. I cannot find any relevant point in your review (or basically, your opinion) that you have written in your previous post.

As far as I am into the series until this moment, I am not seeing any contradictions with the genre itself. It is just the personal preference of the novel author to not stick with just only one genre in his stories as far as he do not change the entire theme of the series.

And as I have mentioned, Nise is made just to introduce more new characters which they are very important to the plot development as the series goes deep into its core plot in the next entries of the series. Also, 4-6 episodes is relatively fine for any light novel adaptation which has 250-400 page counts, any lower than that would destroy the story essence. Every thing in the series you have seen so far is interconnected and there is no such thing as filler plot besides some of the perversed fanservice scenes.