AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-25, 05:11   Link #341
Mr Fist

There's something I gotta ask.

Spoiler for Watanagashi-Meakashi question:

I hope that made sense...
Old 2007-11-25, 07:45   Link #342
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fist View Post

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-25, 09:55   Link #343
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-02, 12:37   Link #344
GyroidFanatic

Quote:

Spoiler for Correction:
Old 2007-12-04, 05:09   Link #345
Mr Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Spoiler for Correction:
Spoiler for another thing:

Did I just answer my own question?
Old 2007-12-04, 08:42   Link #346
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler tags aren't exactly required here, but heh.

1) drug? What drug?

2) Rika tried to inject the C120 to Shion. it isn't a cure, but it can suppress the symptoms of a L5.
However, this one has a secondary effect on someone who isn't affected by the syndrome: fever, hallucinations etc.
That's why Rika can't retaliate or act correctly against Shion, once the later injected.
Even if she wasn't, Rika would have issue to fight back Shion, as she lost the initiative and surprise element.
Old 2007-12-04, 20:33   Link #347
Eryops

There's something I've been wondering about; why does Takano try to drive one of the characters (e.g. Shion in Watanagashi-hen & Meakashi-hen, Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi-hen or Rena in Tsumihoboroshi-hen) to L5 just before executing the emergency plan and causing the great Hinamizawa disaster? After all she plans to kill off the entire village within a few days; making people succumb to the Hinamizawa syndrome doesn't really serve any purpose since she has no interest in studying the syndrome any further and thus doesn't need any more affected specimens. If anything, this can can cause her plan to fail as we see in Watanagashi-hen & Meakashi-hen where she can't find Rika's corpse in time and can no longer gain authorization to wipe out the village. Plus, since she has kills Tomitake and fakes her own death she doesn't really need to trigger any other murders on the night of Watanagashi by driving someone to L5. Does she do it to distract the police while the Yamainu getting ready to carry out the emergency plan, or is she simply being sadistic?
Old 2007-12-04, 21:11   Link #348
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It's explaned by Mion when she's talking to Keiichi in Tsumihoboroshi-hen

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-04, 21:27   Link #349
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It's explaned by Mion when she's talking to Keiichi in Tsumihoboroshi-hen
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand how that explains it. This dialog shows that Takano is perceived by the villagers as someone obsessed with the occult who likes coming up with tall tales. However, other than the fact she uncritically accepts her grandfather's theories, Takano is quite level-headed, so she must be making these stories up in the hopes that one of them will make someone paranoid enough to trigger the syndrome. Therefore it seems unlikely to me that these stories are an end in themselves, which leaves the question of why she tries to make someone go L5 just before she wipes out the village unanswered.

Edit: Also, in Tatarigoroshi-hen Takano manages to convince Keiichi to murder Teppei without using any elaborate theories; she merely states that if he were to die on the night of the Watanagashi that the villagers wouldn't question his murder. Based on that it seems to me that these stories are merely one of the tools that Takano applies depending on what she thinks her target is more susceptible to.
Old 2007-12-04, 21:44   Link #350
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

It's so the police have something else to worry about...

It also might have to do with the fact that Takano might be @%^*^ (PM me if you want to know) but that's just my opinon
Old 2007-12-05, 18:46   Link #351
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It also might have to do with the fact that Takano might be @%^*^ (PM me if you want to know) but that's just my opinon
I take it you're implying that Takano might have been affected the Hinamizawa syndrome. The fact that her funding was cut, thus denying her the opportunity to try and prove her grandfather's theories must have certainly placed a huge amount of stress on her. However, is there a reason to think that she succumbed to the syndrome? After all, she does have access to prophylactic drugs, so it would make sense for her to take them regularly especially when she's under such pressure. Plus, Takano has shown little regard for human life from the beginning, since she was more than happy to vivisect the construction manager and to have Rika's parents killed, so her more recent sadistic behavior doesn't seem out of character for her. Furthermore, she seems pretty much in control of herself and doesn't seem to be hallucinating.
Old 2007-12-05, 21:42   Link #352
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Spoiler for another thing:

Did I just answer my own question?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-05, 22:03   Link #353
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I take it you're implying that Takano might have been affected the Hinamizawa syndrome. The fact that her funding was cut, thus denying her the opportunity to try and prove her grandfather's theories must have certainly placed a huge amount of stress on her. However, is there a reason to think that she succumbed to the syndrome? After all, she does have access to prophylactic drugs, so it would make sense for her to take them regularly especially when she's under such pressure. Plus, Takano has shown little regard for human life from the beginning, since she was more than happy to vivisect the construction manager and to have Rika's parents killed, so her more recent sadistic behavior doesn't seem out of character for her. Furthermore, she seems pretty much in control of herself and doesn't seem to be hallucinating.
Spoiler for Matsuribayashi-hen:

Also in the anime you can start to see Takano getting desperate
Old 2007-12-06, 03:38   Link #354
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Spoiler:
Didn't Rika also take a syringe with her to try and subdue Shion in Watanagashi-hen as well though? After all, she did tell Keiichi she was going to fight to help him. Plus, a broken syringe was found on her body.

By the way, is it ever specified what Shion did to her? In Meakashi-hen, she mentions driving nails in Rika's fingers, so did she put her through this?
Old 2007-12-06, 04:10   Link #355
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Didn't Rika also take a syringe with her to try and subdue Shion in Watanagashi-hen as well though? After all, she did tell Keiichi she was going to fight to help him. Plus, a broken syringe was found on her body.

By the way, is it ever specified what Shion did to her? In Meakashi-hen, she mentions driving nails in Rika's fingers, so did she put her through this?
Isn't that what Rina went through?
Old 2007-12-06, 05:10   Link #356
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Isn't that what Rina went through?
Yes. However since having nails driven in one's finger's isn't enough to kill someone, Shion must have done more than that to Rika. Since the use of nails was last seen as part of this set of torture methods, I was wondering is Shion decided to all out on her.
Old 2007-12-06, 10:34   Link #357
Kanzaki Urumi

i havent play the game but there's some thing which bugs me.

was the footstep sound made by hanyuu? Why did she do that for? She scare the shit out of Satoshi, Keiichi and Sion, which made them go nuts. Or they have been hit by the hinamizawa syndrome?

the hinamizawa syndrome causing the person to be paranoid and he will feel his throat being itchy but is the footstep sound part of it as well?

=P i actually have a few more questions, which i forgot, i thought about them while watching and when i start typing it here i lost them =-= sigh knew there were more stuff that bugs me.
Old 2007-12-06, 10:51   Link #358
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Yes it was hanyuu, and no she didn't do it on purpose. It is more likely her own presence being perceptive with high level of the syndrome.
In some parts, the fact she is tailing "on the verge of madness" characters saved them a bit (biggest example: Rena).

2) The syndrome "gives the ability" to perceive some of hanyuu's noises, such like footsteps and sometimes her voice.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:39   Link #359
Eryops

This is from Legend of the Golden Witch rather from Higurashi, but it seems related. I've seen people state that in Umineko it's revealed that
Spoiler for Umineko that's unrelated to its own storyline:
How accurate is this? I suppose that since this is from the first chapter of Umineko it might be proven to be a red herring later on, but it certainly makes you see everything in Higurashi from a different perspective.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:23   Link #360
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Spoiler for Eryops question:

Last edited by Sterling01; 2007-12-18 at 19:36.
Closed Thread