Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-17, 13:14   Link #161
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by triela
I don't know when it started, but Ghost in the Shell is a snooze fest *zzzzzzz....*
The character's just stand around talking.
The music is good though; I'm a real sucker for a good anime theme ^^
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just kidding!

There are extremely few shows out there that can match how GITS present its story. Even though at a first glance the show seems to give the impression of a non-stop high octane action, the show isn't about action at all. The talking is its best feature. In fact, it is quite entertaining (even exciting ) if you pay attention to the dialogue.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 13:35   Link #162
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Worst anime? My picks would mostly be:

Ichigo 100%: Read the manga, and the story in the anime just seems almost like Tenjou Tenge. Gives feel of it being unfinished.

Gundam Seed Destiny: For the most obvious reasons. Main characters coming back, repeated animation, useless episodes and fanservice, one-sided fights. And I thought Dragonball was the worst in that....

Advent Children: Wouldn't be the extremely bad, but it isn't anywhere near 'good'. At best an 'above average' close to 'average', since there was hardly any plot at all. The action scenes did make up a little for that.

As for the argument about Lamune...I think that it hasn't failed at anything. Sure, sometimes there were scenes so slow that I almost fell asleep, but that doesn't mean it deviates from the theme of normal life. If the viewer can't stand that slow pace, I suggest that he should not make assumptions and rate it a worst anime, but more like 'not to his tastes'.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 13:49   Link #163
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Flo: So then it's not bad-slow, but just not-your-taste-slow. I think someone should rename this thread to "Your worst anime of 2005" or something, so then newbies to anime who come here don't get the wrong idea. Although GSD certainly belongs in a list of all-time worst 2005 anime...
Hahaha my bad my bad
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:02   Link #164
porchoky

IMHO there weren't so many shows that were horrible, just shows that had potential, but weren't so good after all. Like Erementar Gerad, Tsubasa Chronicle, Futakoi alternative...
I think the only show I saw that I thought was a complete failure was Ichigo 100%.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:29   Link #165
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky
IMHO there weren't so many shows that were horrible, just shows that had potential, but weren't so good after all. Like Erementar Gerad, Tsubasa Chronicle, Futakoi alternative... I think the only show I saw that I thought was a complete failure was Ichigo 100%.
Nice point. I'm coming to the conclusion that almost anything the Japanese anime industry produces is at least good enough to find some audience. I kind of enjoyed even Ichigo 100%. And I certainly enjoyed Futakoi Alternative, even though it was two vastly different shows in one, and didn't quite do either as well as it might have. Some people even like my least favorite, Amenaideyo!, and I can't say they're totally wrong.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 20:42   Link #166
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Nice point. I'm coming to the conclusion that almost anything the Japanese anime industry produces is at least good enough to find some audience. I kind of enjoyed even Ichigo 100%. And I certainly enjoyed Futakoi Alternative, even though it was two vastly different shows in one, and didn't quite do either as well as it might have. Some people even like my least favorite, Amenaideyo!, and I can't say they're totally wrong.
Just about anything, no matter how bad, will find some audience. Threads like this give me the impression that anime is judged more harshly than other forms of media though. Many of the series listed here aren't great by any means, but they aren't bad either. Average series which would be tolerated had they not been anime seem to be considered horrible, at least among western fans. Perhaps because they must actively seek anime, rather than being a passive reciever like domestic programming they have a higher standard, and anything that doens't met it is rejected?
Old 2006-01-17, 22:49   Link #167
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Eclipze: Well, I think it can be agreed upon that no anime can succeed if it's only fanservice, or we would only need hentai anime. And it's not that shows like Amaenaideyo and He is my Master failed at being fanservice shows, because they certainly delivered on that end. They just didn't have anything else worthwhile to offer, so that's where they failed. They didn't have anything to be good at besides fanservice, which, alone, isn't enough to make a good series. Or they had something else going for them, but failed to deliver on it in one way or another (sometimes to the point that we couldn't even see what it was they tried to deliever), hence they weren't good.
Aha, they still delievered what they're suppose to.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 20:16   Link #168
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
im just going to say that Okusama wa Joushi Kousei was the worst thing i have ever seen, it made my eyes bleed...
Wakoeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 21:32   Link #169
justsomeguy

Worst anime (failed to deliver) of 2005:
1) Gundam Seed Destiny, for bad plot, bad characters, flashbacks and clip shows, recycled animation, etc.
2) Negima, for bad animation first half, below-average characterization, innappropriate plot second half
3) DCSS, for bad plot with unexplored storylines and un(der)used characters

Most pointless (without being defective) anime of 2005:
1) He is My Master, for a story that didn't exactly go anywhere.
2) Aria the Animation, for being what it is

There are doubtless others that I have either not tried, and others that are average without sucking.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 22:18   Link #170
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Haven't read the thread yet so here goes...

I know I'll probably get some hate-mail for this, but Shuffle has to be the most haremy harem I've ever seen in my life (I don't think it's possible to make a harem more harem than this harem)...The main character is about as engaging as a block of wood...Furthermore who in their right mind would wanna date a demon with 8-inch long ears?? Not wingdarkness...

Oh I let you stand under my umbrella 10 years ago therefor I love you and been thinking about you ever since that day ...

Oh you ate my obento eventhough it sucked, I must love you ...

Oh my life is meaningless if I don't cook and clean for you

It would be one thing if this anime was even a little funny, but it doesn't even make you laff that much and all the clubs looked like grown-up men preying on small children...The animation quality of the series was average at best...I couldn't even finish watching this series after the halfway point...I enjoyed Ichigo 100% infinitley more than this show...I usually give an anime every chance in the world before I give up on it...Shuffle made me tap-out like it was WWF...
Old 2006-02-04, 01:24   Link #171
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakoeme
im just going to say that Okusama wa Joushi Kousei was the worst thing i have ever seen, it made my eyes bleed...
Being stabbed in the face makes my eyes bleed, not anime.

I will only say, that I can be sure that anime won't make my eyes actually gush blood, because Cosmopolitan Prayers failed to do that to me. While Okusama wa Joushi Kousei doesn't quite approach that same level of badness, it does come closer than anything else did this last year.

I only hope that monir doesn't consider this a strong endorsement for Cosmopolitan Prayers unless he really wants to find out how close an anime can come to making your eyes bleed. Maybe scantily clad girls saving the world from enlarged body parts sounds good to you, but it might drive you insane if you defy my warning.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:55   Link #172
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Being stabbed in the face makes my eyes bleed, not anime.

I will only say, that I can be sure that anime won't make my eyes actually gush blood, because Cosmopolitan Prayers failed to do that to me. While Okusama wa Joushi Kousei doesn't quite approach that same level of badness, it does come closer than anything else did this last year.

I only hope that monir doesn't consider this a strong endorsement for Cosmopolitan Prayers unless he really wants to find out how close an anime can come to making your eyes bleed. Maybe scantily clad girls saving the world from enlarged body parts sounds good to you, but it might drive you insane if you defy my warning.
Bold portion in purple pretty much tells me why I must risk a hemorrhage from the eyes. Thank you NoSanninWa-san! You have done it again! Triad, here I come.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 14:34   Link #173
apr
Pedestrian

I didn't watch all the shows this year, skipping out on a few because the first episode didn't interest me, etc.

A show I did watch an entire 8 episodes of before giving up was Ginban Kaleidoscope, a show which is pure and utter suckage on a cosmic scale. Half of the show is press conference, and the other half is poorly animated female falling on her ass. Bleh.

I was going to leave it at that, but someone mentioned Cluster Edge, and I have to agree here. I watched two episodes, and it was horrible. Poor direction, poor music, poor story, poor everything. Yuck.
Old 2006-02-04, 14:58   Link #174
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

There were lots of anime shows in 2005, lots I gave a shot and lots I stopped watch after 2-3 episodes. I don't watch anime I don't like until the end to see if they get better.

I'll make a list as I scan this thread.
For those I stopped watching (in no particular order):
Negima, after +/-3 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
Ichigo 100%, after 2 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
He is my master, after 3 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
Ultimate Girl, after 3 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
Shuffle, after 10 episodes, although I do plan to watch it in the future. (could not hold my interst)
Jinki Extend, after 2 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
Amaenai de Yo, after 2 episodes. (I had a bad reaction to the fan service)
Koi Koi 7, after 0.5 episode. (the art and design killed me)
Ichigo Marshmallow, after 6 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
MAR after…. 10 episodes or something, I don't remember. (could not hold my interest)
Speed Grapher, after 3 episodes. (could not hold my interest)
Gun X Sword, after 2 episodes. (I will pick this back up if I have time)
Peach Girl, after 4 episodes. (I will pick this back up if I have time)

Yakitate! Japan and Bleach after a great deal of episodes, not that they are bad, but I just like the manga better.
The rest I liked or didn't even watch.

The biggest let down for me was Advent Children, as such it is my pick for the worst of 2005. It's a japanese animation so it's anime to me.

Last edited by Aidan; 2006-02-04 at 16:13.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:03   Link #175
somenoobie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Here's exactly why it blew. This anime liked to introduce Big Dramatic Issues into the mix, but then went on to resolve them in completely moronic ways. Take for example, Kaede.
Spoiler:

Then you have Rin, a spinless creep that can't do anything for himself, so expects all the girls in the series to do it for him. Yeah, thank goodness nearly the entire female cast stopped by the house to cook for your useless ass and clean up the mess you made. For that matter, no need to tell a girl she doesn't have to cook for you, just pile that pressure on as high as you can! As long as you eat her cooking, you're the best guy in the entire universe! Oh, and don't bother helping around the house, let the girl that lives with wait on you hand and foot because you don't want to "rock the boat". And when your friends show up in fetish maid outfits to help you out, don't gently correct their mistaken impression, instead you should just oggle them like meat on display, even though one of them is a little girl. Here's big ole middle finger to you as a protaginst, Rin.

I know I liked Shuffle more than some series out there, but it's the one that first comes to mind at the moment as worst of 05.
I also hated Rin, but i dont hate the series because of him. sure it would have been great if the plot went a different way or if Rin would have done what you wanted. But that's what made the series so interesting to me. seeing a generic plot in every series I watch would make me crazy. I mean if you hated it so much, YOU go make your own anime, YOU write what happens, YOU do the animations, etc... lol

anyways, I have my likes & dislikes of series. so far everything i've watch in 2005 (not much) was acceptable or more. I like to be fair and finish a series before judging it and i hope more of you would be too. but thats just me, I tend to lose interest in anime that goes on&on like the Dragonballs, Pokemons, Yugios, Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, SauraiXs, etc. Main char meets obstacle, beats it, gets stronger, rinse&repeat. With all due respect, get to the point already.
somenoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:23   Link #176
somenoobie

wanted to add, about the last pages.

I also agree that impressions can really turn viewers away prematurely. Adult Swim on cartoon network really portrayed Witch Hunter Robin and Ghost In the Shell SAC as badass actionpacked series in the commercials. while some episodes contained action, others were just filled with talkies, which really disappointed me. It was not till I finished watching them that I appreciated it. I really loved GhostintheShell, but wotch hunter was alright
somenoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:57   Link #177
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

worst

bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo boboboob....i still goes on o_O boboboboboboboboboboobobobobobobo

that is the worst...*my logic is flawless...possible comeback: none...system shutdown*
StateOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:59   Link #178
Amun-Ra
þąıń

Jinki Extend - Agree with some of the users above. Opening or was it the ending theme? Loved it.

Mai Hime was annoying.

Pani Poni Dash! made me what to force my brains out and squeeze 'em of all the nonsense watched.

Shuffle was pathetic. I quit after the first 5 episodes.

Amaenaideyo was pretty funny. I don't know why so many people did'nt seem to appreciate its hialrity.

Humm, you should have requested opinions on the magna's as well.
Amun-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 03:28   Link #179
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Haven't read the thread yet so here goes...

I know I'll probably get some hate-mail for this, but Shuffle has to be the most haremy harem I've ever seen in my life (I don't think it's possible to make a harem more harem than this harem)...The main character is about as engaging as a block of wood...Furthermore who in their right mind would wanna date a demon with 8-inch long ears?? Not wingdarkness...
To each their own tastes but I could denigrate almost any anime, manga, movie, or piece of literature using that technique.... and I'd be on Nerine like a fly on honey. If you don't like exotic types, all the more for me I guess. I do agree the plot ran hot and cold ... though the Kaede arc *almost* went gold.

Ultimate Girls was funny for one episode.... after five I was too bored to care.
He is My Master ... sorry, I like the girls and gator but the guy reminded me too much of Monty the rich kid on TinyToons..... bleh.

But probably the *worst* trainwreck was a tie between Negima and Ichigo 100%, both series with a LOT of work done in the premise and setup .... and promptly driven off a cliff. Negima got whacked by poor animation in the first half and a panicked plot mangling in the second half (only the ghost girl's ep stands out) and Ichigo 100% both anime and manga were just a mess storyline wise.... the studio pulled the plug on the manga and the animation in the anime was all over the place ... the story started off well but the end of the initial series was a hackfest of "no progress" ... OVAs got worse.
I went into both of these *wanting* to see them done well.

I have to agree about many of these though.... if one doesn't like the genre its highly unlikely one is going to like the series.... I for one can't be bothered with most mecha anime... Martian Successor Nadesico is an exception because the mecha aren't the focus. I don't normally go for magical girl shows... Nanoha is one of the few exceptions. I like romantic comedy (some tragedy is okay) ... I love Lamune simply because it tells a character-driven story that is steady and fairly realistic.
Old 2006-02-05, 08:32   Link #180
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
To each their own tastes but I could denigrate almost any anime, manga, movie, or piece of literature using that technique.... .
Well I was being humorous in addition to being critical so that technique accomplished what it set out to do...I could give you a more analytically-serious critique but the fruits of that would be much the same...

Shuffle is not overly impressive IMO and I went into it with the full knowledge I was entering a harem...It just was too much of a harem...almost beyond a harem it was so harem...