AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-04, 14:41   Link #1
jedinat

moderation

Yeah I'm just commenting on the fact that this forum's moderation is pretty heavyhanded. Is it really necessary to always slap threads together just because they have similar topics? I could understand it if they were only a couple weeks or so apart, but two years? That's a bit extreme imo... and it makes things confusing.
Old 2006-02-04, 15:31   Link #2
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
Yeah I'm just commenting on the fact that this forum's moderation is pretty heavyhanded. Is it really necessary to always slap threads together just because they have similar topics? I could understand it if they were only a couple weeks or so apart, but two years? That's a bit extreme imo... and it makes things confusing.
Well since I have no idea what it is, you are talking about. (If you are going to start, a thread about complaining at least gives details) It was probably because of the forum hack. Anyway....STOP WHINING!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-02-04, 16:08   Link #3
jedinat

What's wrong with bringing up something like this in the Forum & Site Feedback section? Is that not what it's for?

At least two of the threads I've started have been put into other threads... and I've seen this done multiple times to other threads. This is the only forum I've seen do this. The last one I made was put into a thread from 2003...
Old 2006-02-04, 16:32   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
What's wrong with bringing up something like this in the Forum & Site Feedback section? Is that not what it's for?

At least two of the threads I've started have been put into other threads... and I've seen this done multiple times to other threads. This is the only forum I've seen do this. The last one I made was put into a thread from 2003...
Why shouldn't a thread about the love hina manga be merged into the existing series thread? There's a simple way to avoid this in the future, search before you post a new thread. If there's already a topic on it, post there.

You might think it's heavy handed, but I used to lurk on a forum where someone was banned for ten days just because he didn't share a mod's view on a subject. When other members complained, that thread was locked. I've also seen forums with very lose moderation, which become chaotic pretty quickly. I would say AS has a fair moderation policy.
Old 2006-02-04, 19:15   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
That's our policy. If we notice a new thread with a topic of an existing thread, then we merge them together. This is especially true in the Fansub, General Anime and DVD & Licensed forums since we prefer to have only one thread for any given anime series.

Having multiple threads means the same questions are asked over and over and that any discussion might lose focus, so no matter how old a thread is a new one will be merged with an old one. As for a 2 year gap, well it's possible but it was more likely due to the recent forum restore where we lost almost a complete year of posts (take a look at the top of the forum, we have this link Not visited the forum in a while? Please Read This First!).

So sorry, this policy of merging threads is likely to remain. We know that it might seem a bit odd at times but we think the positives outweigh the negatives.
Old 2006-02-04, 19:22   Link #6
jedinat

Okay, oh well.

And actually, I did search "Love Hina" before making the thread and no thread by that name came up. So I was a bit confused when a thread started in 2003 was merged with mine.

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-02-04 at 19:40.
Old 2006-02-04, 19:45   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I just tried -- I didn't really have much trouble finding the Love Hina thread. In cases
like this it's easier to use the "Advanced Search" feature btw, so that you can search
on thread titles only, which is likely to find the thread you're looking for more quickly.

Quote:
So I was a bit confused when a thread started in 2003 was merged with mine.
Well, as has been briefly mentioned in this thread before, we lost all discussion that
took place during 2005 and we always merge discussions about one single series
into one thread. So this is why it's possible for discussions about older series to get
merged with seemingly "ancient" threads.
Old 2006-02-04, 20:01   Link #8
Ending

@ jedinat

Simple solution: don't create topics. I came to the same conclusion long ago, since topic-creators stick to the eye of the moderators and thus risk you being banned. Do you want to get banned? No, so you don't create topics either.
Old 2006-02-04, 20:48   Link #9
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I just tried -- I didn't really have much trouble finding the Love Hina thread. In cases
like this it's easier to use the "Advanced Search" feature btw, so that you can search
on thread titles only, which is likely to find the thread you're looking for more quickly.
I'm not sure how this search engine works, but I'd think it'd make the thread titles a priority over the contents, so when I didn't see a love hina thread on the first page of results I assumed there wasn't one. No matter, it's all said and done.
Old 2006-02-04, 20:55   Link #10
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
I'm not sure how this search engine works, but I'd think it'd make the thread titles a priority over the contents, so when I didn't see a love hina thread on the first page of results I assumed there wasn't one. No matter, it's all said and done.

Even without the Advanced Search, I get two Love Hina threads on the first page's results

Here's what I did:

then I got this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It sorts by last post as default.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice, that would explain why jedinat didn't get the same result ^^;

Last edited by Hellychan; 2006-02-04 at 21:33.
Old 2006-02-04, 21:00   Link #11
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
It sorts by last post as default. To search by title, go to advanced search, then chose sort by title. Relevence would be good too.
Old 2006-02-04, 22:51   Link #12
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Does it really matter o_O do you have to complain...is it really that important i mean really what will it do to you
Old 2006-02-04, 22:58   Link #13
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind
Does it really matter o_O do you have to complain...is it really that important i mean really what will it do to you
Does anime really matter? Does typing about it on a forum matter? Does life in general even matter?!

We may never know.

Old 2006-02-04, 23:01   Link #14
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote:
Does anime really matter? Does typing about it on a forum matter? Does life in general even matter?!

We may never know.

let me answer that

...no

no

in some small cases

now the world will never know how many licks till you get to the center of a tottsie pop
Old 2006-02-04, 23:06   Link #15
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind
now the world will never know how many licks till you get to the center of a tottsie pop
Don't be absurd.

One.

Two.

*Crunch*

Three.

It's three.
Old 2006-02-04, 23:09   Link #16
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote:
Don't be absurd.

One.

Two.

*Crunch*

Three.

It's three.

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! >.>

let me test your theory

*lick* 1

*lick* 2

*lick* 3

*crunch*

4..it takes four and i am correct for we are the mooninties we are supperior because we live on the moon....and for I am the Digital ruler

...it is science
Old 2006-02-04, 23:10   Link #17
Swann

Wow ... why are some, mark the some, people soooooo aggressive on forums. Jedinat just mentioned a thoughtfull criticism and - poof - pitbulls start picking at him.
Old 2006-02-04, 23:12   Link #18
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann
Wow ... why are some, mark the some, people soooooo aggressive on forums. Jedinat just mentioned a thoughtfull criticism and - poof - pitbulls start picking at him.

i simpaly ment why should anyone care...i did not mean to attack
Old 2006-02-04, 23:24   Link #19
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Here's what I did:

then I got this:
Uwaah... purple. I've already got a headache
Old 2006-02-04, 23:47   Link #20
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote: