AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: ......
Kaname 101 37.13%
Mao 32 11.76%
Tessa 104 38.24%
Tired of stupid polls. 35 12.87%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-20, 20:18   Link #41
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
All Hail Mao!!!
Old 2005-12-30, 17:19   Link #42
Pippin4242

I like Mao best, but my opinion probably doesn't count because I am a girl and straight. :P I chose her to cosplay for my friend's eighteenth. BTW, to whoever the person who posted the Mithril logo was... arigatou! *bows* I used that on my uniform. ^,^

*~Pips~*
Old 2005-12-31, 00:51   Link #43
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
i chose kaname cause i like her. i hate tessa she is so annoying and i wiash someone woulg gag her so i dont have to hear that annoying high pitched voice of hers. its so annoying.
Old 2005-12-31, 03:18   Link #44
Firehawk

Tessa is definately cute, but Chidori strikes me as a bit more womanly (as opposed to girlish) and I like her personality more
Old 2005-12-31, 07:08   Link #45
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Actually, all three female characters have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't see any reason to hate one more particularly than the other and would've voted for all of them anyway...
Old 2005-12-31, 20:15   Link #46
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
I personally like Tessa but I've been thinking and Chidori isn't that bad, she's ok for looks and even though she acts that she doesn't care, she does care. If I was sousuke... I wouldve picked.... crap heres the hard part XD how about pciking both >.> but in the novel he picks Chi.. and makes Tes.. sad... =(
Old 2006-01-09, 08:31   Link #47
polar720

Mao`s cool、Tessa sucks badly, but I still favor Chidori.
Old 2006-01-10, 05:03   Link #48
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I think everyone who voted for Chidori forgot about a very appearent and DARK aspect about her: She is selfish and lackes understanding!!!

Think about it:
Ever since the school trip incident she KNOWS the he is a soldier and that hes got DUTIES for fulfil. Which means that he cant always be with her at school and what not. Yet she get mad at him every time hes away on a mission.

Another thing which really ticks me is the paper fan abuse, she punishes him like a war psyco everytime he does the *danger is near* thing. She does that even after learning for Mao and others during her stay on TDD-1 about the kind of life and death shit hes has to put up with SINCE CHILDHOOD.
Old 2006-01-10, 09:33   Link #49
Odysseus

What is it with the paper fan dislike thing (altough it's a bit overused). It's the only way to get sousuke understand something and it doesn't seem to hurt him (most of the times)

Anyway i am just wondering if everyone still favors their initial girl.
Old 2006-01-10, 12:51   Link #50
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Sofar i have only seen 5 eps of "TSR" and it's way better than the first season.

I have always been a tessa fan, because chidori is getting on mine nerve.
Her part is (sofar) always the same, smack sousuke. I hope that in the rest of the eps, chidori's role chances somewhat.
Old 2006-01-10, 15:41   Link #51
full_metal_sousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova
I think everyone who voted for Chidori forgot about a very appearent and DARK aspect about her: She is selfish and lackes understanding!!!

Think about it:
Ever since the school trip incident she KNOWS the he is a soldier and that hes got DUTIES for fulfil. Which means that he cant always be with her at school and what not. Yet she get mad at him every time hes away on a mission.

Another thing which really ticks me is the paper fan abuse, she punishes him like a war psyco everytime he does the *danger is near* thing. She does that even after learning for Mao and others during her stay on TDD-1 about the kind of life and death shit hes has to put up with SINCE CHILDHOOD.
she does it because she loves him. its called tough love.
Old 2006-01-10, 17:17   Link #52
kujoe
from head to heel

Too bad previous posts about the fan issue got deleted... Simply put, it's comedy. Tired, used and sometimes, still funny comedy. And this wouldn't be the last time female characters hit their men when the so-called need arises in anime.

Tessa fans seem to talk about the fan swinging issue a lot, while Chidori fans can't get used to Tessa's voice or her tripping tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
Her part is (sofar) always the same, smack sousuke. I hope that in the rest of the eps, chidori's role chances somewhat.
Actually, with that mindset you can argue that every character has been more or less playing the same roles they had from day one...

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-01-10 at 20:33.
Old 2006-01-10, 18:26   Link #53
Pippin4242

Chidori/Tessa potential flamewar aside, am I really the only one who loves Tessa's voice? It could be a sentimental thing I guess. That was the first time I ever recognised the voice of a seiyuu. Ribbon-chan is Tessa! I don't like Kaname's voice so much- I think it's overly butch- I mean, I guess it fits with the character and everything. But so does Tessa's voice, and it's nicer on the ears.

*~Pips~*
Old 2006-01-10, 20:11   Link #54
青和紙
Aowashi

Send a message via AIM to 青和紙
This is actually a really tough choice (its not a stupid poll at all, really). I chose Mao after considering multiple reasons why each character is special and important to the series as a whole:

Their roles in the series:
While Chidori is seemingly the most important because of the strength she finds within herself, as well as the strength she gives to Sousuke. However, it is Tessa who is the wise, intelligent mastermind who guides her soldiers to safety when they are in danger. Mao is a very independent and courageous spirit, serving as an inspirational older-sister type figure for Tessa and Kaname.

Voice Actresses:
All three characters are blessed with three very beautiful and very talented VAs: Yukino Satsuki (Kaname), Neya Michiko (Mao), and Yukana (Tessa). In terms of VAs, it was very hard for me to decide between Neya and Yukino, but I would end up picking Neya because her voice has much more range and scale.
Old 2006-01-19, 02:36   Link #55
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

err.. as for mao... who wants a smoking and drinking girl ........ drink is fine but about the smoke... it just isnt gonna taste nice when you go for the french lock....
Old 2006-01-28, 10:26   Link #56
passin'gass
Cropduster

MY FAVORITES: Xia Yu Fang & Xia Yu Lan (episode 2 FMP:TSR)...also that prostitute Chidori-lookalike in Hong Kong.

Everything's going to hell, but they're still doing their jobs...gotta love them!
Old 2006-02-04, 23:43   Link #57
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
i chose kaname cause i like her. i hate tessa she is so annoying and i wiash someone woulg gag her so i dont have to hear that annoying high pitched voice of hers. its so annoying.

O_O what he said...but not as much hate >.>
Old 2006-02-04, 23:48   Link #58
full_metal_sousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind
O_O what he said...but not as much hate >.>
haha there isnt nothing wrong with hate..SOM
Old 2006-02-04, 23:49   Link #59
StateOfMind
DIGITAL RULER @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
haha there isnt nothing wrong with hate..SOM

never said that...just not as much
Old 2006-02-11, 20:58   Link #60
masterwok

i will always go with tessa because she is attractive and smart. she pretty much has everything what a guy wants, same as kaname, but tessa is the one for me.
Closed Thread