Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 21:49   Link #401
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
All you wannabe geneticists be at ease; there is no way Kishi would make the Sharigan a recessive gene. That would imply that the bloodline is weak, the sharingan gene must be dominant, and located on the long arm (screw the short arm) of chromosome 1 (and only #1). Anything less would be un-Kishi.
Yea, all the constant inbreeding had the sharingan dominant. Which wouldn't be surprising since back in the old days, it was the only way to maintain secrets of the clan by not letting in outsiders. Cousins marrying eachother within the clan is a common thing, thats why the families are so huge with common appearances.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 00:45   Link #402
yinstro

actually teh inbreeding implies its sort of recessive, the implication is that most bloodline abilities are recessive as well. Not that many people have old dudes powers, the magnetic kazekage has no children they spoke of, tsunade doesnt seem to have a bloodline. And they speak of families and houses for shaingan and byakugan, implies that they breed in, which isnt really necessary for dominant traits, at best its a trait like skin color or height which gets stronger when concentrated.

Anyhow sauske wont be having any kids, he throws the women away. Annnd since he seems willing to die to kill his bro, that limits his chances.

Am i the only one who thought karin was up to something, maybe she can control the minds of dudes who she sleeps with or something, or steal their bloodline! anyhow we ll see.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 00:56   Link #403
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Why do the kinky chicks in anime's always wear glasses...

not that that's a bad thing giggity giggity heh heh ALLLLRIIIIIIGHT.
Old 2007-04-03, 03:52   Link #404
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
what the heck is that scryptwriting?
i knew sasuke was a douche from about chapter 3, but this storytelling is lame, why would a solitary character like him even want to have henchmen, it just defeat the purpose of his "character devellopement".
lame
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 03:55   Link #405
Asianknight82
Banned

Its because Sasuke needs to be a leet stick general for some reason
Old 2007-04-03, 06:03   Link #406
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Asianknight82, the word "you" isn't pointing to you, but to the people who are bashing on the anime.
Like me, so I'll take a stab at a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
I like the way it is... why should the anime be only contain every single manga panel? Naruto coming back home and find it under a thick layer of dust just makes it better. It's makes ... more natural. They have a life outside being jinchuuriki, ninja or whatever else you can come up with.
Calling it fillers is just exagerated. It's fine the way it is.
If you're not happy, don't watch it or do something so you can work in the industry and not make the same 'mistakes'.
What we see here is obviously that people have different taste, and it is true that if you don't like something then you probably shouldn't watch it anymore. But discussion here is open to everyone whether you like Naruto or not (just keep it civil). I (and probably most people here that dislike the current anime episodes) do like Naruto however, though the manga more than the anime, but I enjoy discussing both of them. The reason of this forum is to exchange opinion, be it good or bad. Just keep that in mind.

As for the point about filler, well each to his own, but I do find the Naruto filler (I feel no shame in using the word) quite subpar to filler of other series and certainly subpar to Kishimoto's own writing, overall. I don't bash filler, for the sake of it not being manga material, I bash filler for being stupid, put in stupid places and used unnecessarily, and only when one or more of those conditions apply. I'll be the first to admit that there's been good filler, but in my opinion it's not very often that happens.

Edit: Oops, just noticed the post I replied to was really old, I thought it was the latest one. I was quite suprised to see it gone from the current page after posting.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 06:32   Link #407
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Why do the kinky chicks in anime's always wear glasses...

not that that's a bad thing giggity giggity heh heh ALLLLRIIIIIIGHT.
It's just one of those stereotypes like perverted old men.

Elderly people are supposed to be noble and respected in Japanese society, so it is comical to make them perverts.

The glasses represent the smart, prissy bookworm/librarian girls. Notice that when she starts to act sexy she takes them off to reveal the hidden, sexy vixen.
Old 2007-04-03, 07:28   Link #408
xcad

like 2 sides to a coin.
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 07:37   Link #409
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
actually teh inbreeding implies its sort of recessive, the implication is that most bloodline abilities are recessive as well. Not that many people have old dudes powers, the magnetic kazekage has no children they spoke of, tsunade doesnt seem to have a bloodline. And they speak of families and houses for shaingan and byakugan, implies that they breed in, which isnt really necessary for dominant traits, at best its a trait like skin color or height which gets stronger when concentrated.
What the hell? How exactly is it even proven that the Uchihas are inbred? They specifically said that the Sharingan was said to be an offshoot of the Byakugan. For something like that to spread on even despite being a mutation only means that it's a dominant trait.

And there's no evidence whatsoever that they're similar to the Hyuuga in that they marry within the clan.

Quote:
Anyhow sauske wont be having any kids, he throws the women away. Annnd since he seems willing to die to kill his bro, that limits his chances.
So Japan's most popular character, as well as Kishimoto's favorite character won't be getting with anyone in the series even though one of his stated goals is to REBUILD his clan, a new girl character suddenly making an appeareance in a team he's forming who likes him and who he says he "needs" after Naruto is mysteriously getting more attention from Sakura (meaning that Kishi is showing us that he hasn't forgot about Sasuke and that he wouldn't lose out if Naru got with Saku), AND that Kishimoto said that he will bring romance into Part II?

You must be out your mind. Sasuke will revive his clan with Karin either in the Sound Village as the new Otokage or back in Konoha. If you actually think Sasuke won't revive his clan, then you've got another thing coming. The Uchihas are the Saiyans of the Narutoverse, and just like the Saiyans, they will be reborn.

And Sasuke is not planning on dying when he faces Itachi. Where are you getting this from? Sasuke already proved he was lying about that.
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 07:44   Link #410
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Soma!! you make so much sense it's unbelievable. I like your qoute "The Uchihas are the Saiyans of the Narutoverse, and just like the Saiyans, they will be reborn." Spot on mate.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 07:44   Link #411
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
What the hell? How exactly is it even proven that the Uchihas are inbred? They specifically said that the Sharingan was said to be an offshoot of the Byakugan. For something like that to spread on even despite being a mutation only means that it's a dominant trait.

And there's no evidence whatsoever that they're similar to the Hyuuga in that they marry within the clan.

So Japan's most popular character, as well as Kishimoto's favorite character won't be getting with anyone in the series even though one of his stated goals is to REBUILD his clan, a new girl character suddenly making an appeareance in a team he's forming who likes him and who he says he "needs" after Naruto is mysteriously getting more attention from Sakura (meaning that Kishi is showing us that he hasn't forgot about Sasuke and that he wouldn't lose out if Naru got with Saku), AND that Kishimoto said that he will bring romance into Part II?

You must be out your mind. Sasuke will revive his clan with Karin either in the Sound Village as the new Otokage or back in Konoha. If you actually think Sasuke won't revive his clan, then you've got another thing coming. The Uchihas are the Saiyans of the Narutoverse, and just like the Saiyans, they will be reborn.

And Sasuke is not planning on dying when he faces Itachi. Where are you getting this from? Sasuke already proved he was lying about that.
You need to calm down a'lil. Your post sounds more like an angry letter. Everything is speculation on their part as well as yours. We don't know what's Karen purpose is. If he wanted her for the sake of breeding, then he wouldn't tell her to back off, his reason for her is not yet revealed, but more than likely its for fighting, since that is the first on his agenda. The only person that knows whats gonna happen his the author himself, so no point in getting angry at someone elses speculations.
Old 2007-04-03, 08:07   Link #412
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
You need to calm down a'lil. Your post sounds more like an angry letter. Everything is speculation on their part as well as yours. We don't know what's Karen purpose is. If he wanted her for the sake of breeding, then he wouldn't tell her to back off, his reason for her is not yet revealed, but more than likely its for fighting, since that is the first on his agenda. The only person that knows whats gonna happen his the author himself, so no point in getting angry at someone elses speculations.
I'm not getting angry at someone else's speculations.

I'm just wondering where the hell he's getting his ideas from since they aren't supported by ANYTHING in the story. Almost so much that it's laughable.

I'm not saying that Sasuke is getting her for the sake of breeding, because that's not why he got her. He obviously got her because she would be useful in his goals. I'm saying that he will eventually end up with her which is a completely different thing (and it's more towards the end of the series). He's certainly got off to a better start than her than compared to every other girl in the series (including Sakura):

Sasuke to Karin: "I need you."
Sasuke to Sakura: "You're annoying."

And Sasuke told her to back off because he honestly didn't understand what she was doing. He's clueless when it comes to women, as this chapter showed. In fact he's even more dense than Naruto when it comes to them since he's had female attention for so long, but he still doesn't even understand what the "bedroom eyes" mean.

I just think it's ridiculous that they actually said that Sasuke will be the one to not get with someone romantically by the end of the series, especially when you consider the points I brought up in my previous. Hell, even Vegeta got with a woman (Bulma) and he was the most anti-social arrogant prick ever, AND Akira Toriyama said that he didn't even like Vegeta in an interview.

Just imagine how it would be like for Sasuke who's the manga-ka's favorite character (who also said he would add romance in part 2), Japan's favorite, has a stated goal of reviving his clan, and suddenly has this female character who he needs and who likes him, and he's the one who doesn't get with anyone? That would be ludicrous.

If Sasuke doesn't get with anyone by the end, then pretty much no one else has a chance of getting with anyone either. And I doubt that would happen since Kishimoto said that he would be adding romance in Part 2.

And seeing as how "adding romance" should be affecting the main characters, then Sasuke will be getting with someone. At this point Karin has the best bet of being that person since Naruto is suddenly having this development with Sakura. Sasuke's only choices at this point are Karin and Sakura, but if Sakura continues on growing feelings for Naruto, then Sasuke will definitely get with Karin. He won't get with anyone that loves someone to revive his clan with.
Old 2007-04-03, 08:12   Link #413
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:

First, I think this topic is getting out of hand. Kishi thought he was doing everyone a favor by doing a little Sasuke-service but he only incited riots in the forums. It is obvious that you like Sasuke but you don't have to take a discussion so personal. We have to face that the Uchihas, much like your saiyan comparison, is a dying clan. Itachi doesn't seem much to spread the love, but Sasuke''s purpose now is to FIRST kill Itachi and then rebuild. We have to face it that Sasuke may die in attempts to complete his task. Oro never planned on dying (although it was a given that he would), but he did (maybe). As far as we know Sasuke could really be Oro pretending to be Sasuke and selecting his warriors. Oro always had a plan and was waiting for his Uchiha body to start it. There have been glimpses that it is probably Sasuke (the smirk at the bridge), but one can never tell with Kishi now days.

For now everything INCLUDING the Uchiha/sharingan back story is in the hands of Kishi. There have been theories regarding the sharingan being the tainted byakugan for one reason or another. Until Kishi informs us, it could well be from inbreeding. We don't know....but it does seem that all of the members of the Hyuuga clan have the Bloodline Limit. If they all have it then they didn't marry/mate from outside their clan.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 08:33   Link #414
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
First, I think this topic is getting out of hand. Kishi thought he was doing everyone a favor by doing a little Sasuke-service but he only incited riots in the forums. It is obvious that you like Sasuke but you don't have to take a discussion so personal.
I don't even understand what this is supposed to mean. Where are you getting that I'm taking this personal (which I'm not), and what exactly do your first two sentences have to do with anything that I said?

Quote:
We have to face that the Uchihas, much like your saiyan comparison, is a dying clan. Itachi doesn't seem much to spread the love, but Sasuke''s purpose now is to FIRST kill Itachi and then rebuild.
Yes, the Saiyans were nearly wiped out, with only two survivors. Yes the Uchihas were nearly wiped out, with only 2 (known) survivors.

The Saiyans were reborn however. And Sasuke has an ambition of reviving his clan. That only means that he will give rebirth to the Uchiha clan just like the Saiyains were given rebirth upon Earth.

I haven't argued that Sasuke would put his revenge on hold, that's exactly why I said that Sasuke would only be in a relationship/in romance at the end of the series, meaning that it's after Itachi died. I already know that Sasuke is focusing everything on revenge now. You're preaching to the choir.

I'm saying that afterwards, at the end of the series, he will be in a romance.

Quote:
We have to face it that Sasuke may die in attempts to complete his task

Oro never planned on dying (although it was a given that he would), but he did (maybe). As far as we know Sasuke could really be Oro pretending to be Sasuke and selecting his warriors. Oro always had a plan and was waiting for his Uchiha body to start it. There have been glimpses that it is probably Sasuke (the smirk at the bridge), but one can never tell with Kishi now days.
And there's a chance that the Akatsuki leader can be Konohamaru.

I'm not really focusing on the possibilities that are too small to be a serious consideration. Even if that was Orochimaru (which basically has no chance of happening), Sasuke will eventually reemerge anyway so I don't see why it effects my point about Sasuke being in an eventual romance.

And Sasuke dying? This is the manga where not even Gaara or Chouji died, and they're nothing compared to Sasuke in this story. Tonton has a better chance of beating the AL than Sasuke dying. That'll never happen. And if it does, he would just be resurrected some way or other, so it really wouldn't matter in the long run.

Quote:
For now everything INCLUDING the Uchiha/sharingan back story is in the hands of Kishi. There have been theories regarding the sharingan being the tainted byakugan for one reason or another. Until Kishi informs us, it could well be from inbreeding. We don't know....but it does seem that all of the members of the Hyuuga clan have the Bloodline Limit. If they all have it then they didn't marry/mate from outside their clan.
You should have read my point though. Even if the Sharingan was a tainted Byakugan (or a branch of the Byakugan, like the manga states), it would still be a dominant gene. It would need to have a beginning, and if it was able to recreate itself overtime even despite being the only example of it in the known world, then it would have to be dominant.

If a couple in a community of black-haired people had a baby with a mutation, meaning that it had red-hair instead of black, it would be impossible for that child's child (when it eventually grows up and gets married) to be red-haired unless if they married another red-head, because black hair is dominant over red.

However if a couple in a community of red-haired people had a baby with a mutation, except that the baby's hair was black, then it would most likely have black haired children because it is a dominant trait. This is basic biology here.

The Sharingan in this case would be the black-haired child in the community of red-headed people. It was obviously some sort of offshoot, yet it was able to pass on it's characteristics.

That's the definition of a dominant gene, and that's why Sharingan is dominant. Sasuke will have no problem reviving the Uchiha clan with the Sharingan.
Old 2007-04-03, 08:41   Link #415
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Dont bother the research etc. etc. cuz Sasuke will die as a virgin... he is keeps crying about reviving the clan and had every chance to start since the beginning the Naruto series and has rejected the natural way every time so far...
Old 2007-04-03, 08:52   Link #416
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Dont bother the research etc. etc. cuz Sasuke will die as a virgin... he is keeps crying about reviving the clan and had every chance to start since the beginning the Naruto series and has rejected the natural way every time so far...
Who has a better chance of dying a virgin? The guy who has women throwing themselves on him left and right, and is the author's favorite, or the guy who turns into a girl and can't even use his right hand anymore?

Nah, don't get too worried. Naruto will get with either Sakura or Hinata in the end while Sasuke gets with Karin, so he won't be left out either.
Old 2007-04-03, 08:57   Link #417
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
- Perhaps he has finally reached that age where there's hair growing in places he never knew before and he's finally started thinking about girls ? Looks like our little avenger has grown into a serial killer (ok bad example, I meant to say man).

Quote:
can't even use his right hand anymore?
-For the record Naruto can still use his right hand it was just damaged in the last battle that's all. Still that kind of worries me. Normally he would have healed by now yet he's still in bandages. Could it be that not even Kyuubi's healing properties can cure that type of injury?

-That aside I really want to know Juugo's story. Judging from Karin's reaction to his name it would imply that he is something fierce but that might be just because Karin isn't very fond of him (or the fact that not only will she have to put up with Suigetsu but this other guy as well)...

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-04-03 at 09:13.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 09:09   Link #418
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-For the record Naruto can still use his right hand it was just damaged in the last batle that's all. Still that kind of worries me. Normally he would have healed by now yet he's still in a bandages. Could it be that not even Kyuubi's healing properties can cure that type of injury?
I think it might be pretty serious.

Remember when Kabuto cut the valves to Naruto's heart with his chakra scalpel? Kyuubi wasn't able to heal him in that case, and it required Tsunade to use her great medical ninjutsu to heal him from practically death.

Now Tsunade is saying that not even she can heal that type of cellular molecular damage with her medical ninjutsu, and she's supposed to be the best in the world. If not even she can do it, then I don't think the Kyuubi's healing can help him in that case. That's why it's taking alot of time for him to heal.

So I'm thinking that either Sakura will find a way to surpass Tsunade by being able to heal that type of damage, or (and this is the most likely case), Naruto perfects it by learning how to throw, so he won't be in danger of harming himself.

Quote:
-That aside I really want to know Juugo's story. Judging from Karin's reaction to his name it would imply that he is something fierce but that might be just because Karin isn't very fond of him (or the fact that not only will she have to put up with Suigetsu but this other guy as well)...
Yeah it does say that both Karin and Suigetsu don't really like this guy so I'm wondering if it has to do with his apparent insanity. I'm just hoping he's not a cannibal or bisexual. We already have enough of those things in the manga.
Old 2007-04-03, 09:22   Link #419
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I think it might be pretty serious.

Remember when Kabuto cut the valves to Naruto's heart with his chakra scalpel? Kyuubi wasn't able to heal him in that case, and it required Tsunade to use her great medical ninjutsu to heal him from practically death.

Now Tsunade is saying that not even she can heal that type of cellular molecular damage with her medical ninjutsu, and she's supposed to be the best in the world. If not even she can do it, then I don't think the Kyuubi's healing can help him in that case. That's why it's taking alot of time for him to heal.

So I'm thinking that either Sakura will find a way to surpass Tsunade by being able to heal that type of damage, or (and this is the most likely case), Naruto perfects it by learning how to throw, so he won't be in danger of harming himself.

Yeah it does say that both Karin and Suigetsu don't really like this guy so I'm wondering if it has to do with his apparent insanity. I'm just hoping he's not a cannibal or bisexual. We already have enough of those things in the manga.
-I do like this idea but somehow I doubt that Sakura would be able to do it (granted her mind is sharp and she has made great progress but still). However all we know so far is that Naruto's arm suffered less severe damage than what Kakuzu did but we don't know to what extent. If the severing of the chakra lines is the pinacle of the damage inflicted then I would hope that Naruto's arm was only, what's the good word, "grazed" by the effects. Still for such a small wound to take so long for even a Jinchuuriki's healing capabilities to recover should show just how dangerous Fuuton: Rasenshuriken is. It truly is a 1-hit-kill jutsu.

-Cannibals I can understand (after all look at Zetsu) but where did you get the bisexuals from? If Juugo happens to be one then he would be the first in the series would he not? Unless I am forgetting any of the minor characters that are in the series...
Old 2007-04-03, 10:00   Link #420
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

Quote:
or (and this is the most likely case), Naruto perfects it by learning how to throw, so he won't be in danger of harming himself.
That'd be sick, or if it's possible, have a shadow clone use it.
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote