AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-31, 06:35   Link #1461
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
So on the final day of Endless Eight, the list updated again with new items:
  • Beach Volleyball
  • Karoke
  • Film viewing
  • Cooking noodles
(All items have been checked off except for "Other things" regardless of loop)

and of course:

(Homework being finished only occurs on loop 15498, every other time the loop number is random)

Edit: We've now escaped the loop. September 1st has come to Japan and the only loop according to the list is loop 15498.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-31 at 16:58.
Old 2010-08-31, 16:34   Link #1462
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I like how Haruhi is just playing video games, while the rest of the SOS Brigade does homework (I think Yuki finished it also and is just reading a book)
Old 2010-09-01, 02:17   Link #1463
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Haruhi had said she'd done it the first days of the summer.
Old 2010-09-01, 13:16   Link #1464
Othello~
*Author

I’m sure Kyon is jealous of Kozumi hogging the space with Mikuru in the corner.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:35   Link #1465
TakariCritic

I think he's more distracted by Yuki sitting on his bed. She looks awfully at home like that...
Old 2010-09-01, 17:14   Link #1466
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Kyon is probably annoyed with Koizumi taking the spot-light of helping Mikuru with her summer vacation homework , but cant do anything about it since it will make Haruhi suspicious.

There is also Yuki, who just looks like she is as home like you said TakariCritic, of course he cant do anything since Haruhi is there with suspicions.
Old 2010-09-01, 17:18   Link #1467
Othello~
*Author

How does Kyon work in this type of environment? This just proves that all he did was copy their homework . Though, Haruhi would never allow that.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:14   Link #1468
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Kyon must be daft thinking that Yuki hasn't finished her homework.

The time she needs to do it is not measure in days, but nano-seconds
Old 2010-09-03, 05:23   Link #1469
ijuinkun

Well if she actually wrote with a pen on paper instead of materializing the finished documents, then it would probably have taken her at least a full minute--faster and she'd damage the pen and paper.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:20   Link #1470
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Well if she actually wrote with a pen on paper instead of materializing the finished documents, then it would probably have taken her at least a full minute--faster and she'd damage the pen and paper.
The way she can throw a ball in the baseball episode... She must be one super-fast pencil/pen writer and might break the poor thing from fast-use o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
How does Kyon work in this type of environment? This just proves that all he did was copy their homework . Though, Haruhi would never allow that.
I'm surprised myself that Kyon can work in that environment
Old 2010-09-03, 17:04   Link #1471
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The way she can throw a ball in the baseball episode... She must be one super-fast pencil/pen writer and might break the poor thing from fast-use o.o
She could manipulate the data surrounding the pen and paper to be resistant to whatever forces she would unleash upon them.
Old 2010-09-07, 12:45   Link #1472
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Maybe the text just materialized onto the paper as she "solved" the problems and "answered" the questions.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2010-09-07, 17:35   Link #1473
tomodachi!

For the endless eight Kyon should not have lost his memory with each loop. That would make things more interesting, he would have to figure out how to get out and try different things each time.

And I never guessed homework, I thought Haruhi wanted to go on a date with Kyon
Old 2010-09-08, 02:14   Link #1474
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomodachi! View Post
For the endless eight Kyon should not have lost his memory with each loop. That would make things more interesting, he would have to figure out how to get out and try different things each time.
Although this might have gone better in the image thread, there is a small comic that deals with what might have happened in that case...

Spoiler for What If Kyon Remembered All The Time Loops? - 2 Page Comic:

It's not translated, but while I'd love to know exactly what the text says the images tend to speak for themselves.
Old 2010-09-08, 04:16   Link #1475
ijuinkun

In the first page, Kyon is saying all of Haruhi's lines before she does (this is the initial phone call where she calls him to the pool), and so Haruhi is freaked out that he knows what she's going to say. In the second one, he has all of the stuff for every one of the activities on Haruhi's list. She tries to praise him for knowing what she wanted to do, but he's in a daze, just wanting to get it over with.
Old 2010-09-08, 12:57   Link #1476
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomodachi! View Post

And I never guessed homework, I thought Haruhi wanted to go on a date with Kyon
Then you'd have a re-hash of the Stargate: SG-1 episode Window of Opportunity. Which would, arguably, be much better than what we actually got.
Old 2010-09-08, 17:22   Link #1477
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
Although this might have gone better in the image thread, there is a small comic that deals with what might have happened in that case...

Spoiler for What If Kyon Remembered All The Time Loops? - 2 Page Comic:

It's not translated, but while I'd love to know exactly what the text says the images tend to speak for themselves.
If only Kyon knew all the Time Loops at around the 3rd repeat of Endless Eight in Season 2, it would bring up so many changes and hilarious scenes He absolutely can defeat Haruhi with ease by this
Old 2010-09-09, 16:10   Link #1478
SheiKyy
Fumoffu!

Idk if this has been answered, by why weren't all of the episodes reanimated into HD?
Old 2010-09-09, 19:16   Link #1479
Garby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheiKyy View Post
Idk if this has been answered, by why weren't all of the episodes reanimated into HD?
Season 1 and 2 combined is being released on Blu-Ray on November 26th according to amazon.co.jp.

Basically, by the end of this year, all Haruhi media (series, Haruhi-chan, and the movie) will be officially available on Blu-Ray.

(What I haven't heard is if it's 720p or 1080p, or if it's upscaled or native resolution, or the aspect ratio (beyond 16:9)... basically I don't know the technical details of the series, especially season 1. But it will surely be at least 720p).
Old 2010-09-09, 20:37   Link #1480
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garby View Post
Season 1 and 2 combined is being released on Blu-Ray on November 26th according to amazon.co.jp.

Basically, by the end of this year, all Haruhi media (series, Haruhi-chan, and the movie) will be officially available on Blu-Ray.

(What I haven't heard is if it's 720p or 1080p, or if it's upscaled or native resolution, or the aspect ratio (beyond 16:9)... basically I don't know the technical details of the series, especially season 1. But it will surely be at least 720p).
The official listing for the set has it as 1080p and 1080i. Likely the 2009 episodes and corresponding special features will be 1080p while the 2006 episodes will be upscaled to 1080i along with their corresponding features. That's how it was with the Haruhi-chan set.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen