AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-04-17, 16:46   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 940 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Brief spoiler summary is out! Credit goes to Redon and co. from AP for the info:

-Chapter title is "Seeds of Rebellion". Splash features Bartolomeo.

-The chapter begins with Nami's group at Ebisu. Law angrily left their group due to Shinobu's distrust his captured comrades. We soon see a few new arrivals at the village: The three men who attacked Komurasaki during her first appearance. It turns out the three were criminals in their own right whose karma came to bite them in their collective butts. Meanwhile, Tonoyasu tells the group that he'll support the rebellion, then sets off to help his fellow villagers. It's here we learn more of the man's background: He sold his only daughter, Toko, to the capital. She sends most of the income she earns to her father, who in turn uses it to assist the impoverished villagers. Thus, everyone in the village considers Yasu to be their saint....

- Meanwhile, back at the prison mine, Hyougoro further instructs Luffy on the haki technique, which is known in Wano as Ryuuou (flowing sakura/cherry blossoms). Unfortunately, the rubber man still has trouble successfully executing the move despite taking down one enemy after. Soon, night falls, and the matches are put on hold. Hyou wants to talk, so Luffy knocks out the nearby guards with conqueror's haki so they aren't heard. He tells the old man about the Yonkou, who Kaidou is part of, and how he must defeat them to become the Pirate King. The term "Pirate King" reminds Hyou of Roger, whom he met in the past. During this trip back to memory lane, a surprise guest appears in the ring: Caribou! And he's not alone, for hiding within the swamp logia is the ninja, Raizou! It turns out the keys he stole were for Caribou's cuffs, who promises to serve as Luffy's underling as a newly changed man.... which the rubber man easily believes, heh. Raizou fills in Hyou on the current situation, and in turn, the ninja tells Luffy that the old timer was a former yakuza leader. Hyou adds that not only him, but several other yakuza bosses who opposed Orochi are imprisoned there, as well. If he can reach out to them, they'd surely join the rebellion, too! And of course, there's the matter of breaking out Kawamatsu, as well. An excited Luffy is eager to destroy the prison and free their new potential allies....!!!

-Meanwhile, outside of the prison, Chopper's group have finally arrived, with Big Mom in tow...!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-04-19 at 08:55.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 16:57   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I expect Queen and Big Mom battle to be interesting. Big Mom doesn't have her memories so she probably can't use her abilities well. Obviously even without that, she has enough raw strength to be a fearsome opponent, but not enough to one shot Queen.
Old 2019-04-17, 17:21   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

When Big Mom spots the food that Chopper offer, i'm sure it will be a helluva fight. Still, i think this will surprise Kaido to think that Big Mom manage to cause chaos inside the prison.

For the next week, i do hope we got update from Batman series as well. The manga world is now watching Luffy vs Batman to earn number 2 crown of most sell comics in the world.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 08:17   Link #4
marvelB

Updated with a few pics! Interestingly, in one of those pics, Luffy is telling Hyou about the Yonkou and how he needs to overcome them in order to become the Pirate King. Hyou mentions Roger when hearing the term "Pirate King", so it looks like the two met in the past...

Also, thinking about it now.... while at first I figured BM vs. Queen was practically guaranteed, I'm sorta having second thoughts about it now. For instance, what if Queen manages to control Linlin using the oshiruko? He could manipulate her into dealing with Luffy and the rest of the rebellious prisoners without lifting a finger on his own behalf. Either that, or he could similarly use the snack to capture her and present her to Kaidou! Of course, both these scenarios depend on how long BM remains an amnesiac, but I could still see them happening....
Old 2019-04-19, 01:58   Link #5
The Small One

I think the new information about Komurasaki's character and the story with the old men was kinda interesting. I wonder if it was planned this way from the start, or the author decided to redeem the character later on.

So this won't be a small escape from prison, but a complete prisoner rebellion…

I still wonder how Kid was able to escape all alone.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 09:04   Link #6
marvelB

Sweet, looks like Luffy is gonna start a big prison riot like he did in Impel Down a while back. Definitely can't wait for that!

I found the other info interesting, too. So Toko was Yasu's daughter.... in retrospect, her constant laughter is a trait shared by the other Ebisu villagers, so it makes sense. I also find it curious that the three guys who attacked Komurasaki reappeared, as well..... perhaps they'll soon turn over a new leaf and join the rebellion? If anything, their former influential status could prove useful to the rebels if they're able to provide inside information about the capital's inner workings....
Old 2019-04-19, 11:21   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I expected it, but Oda did make Hiyori/Komurasaki into a person that never did anything wrong. She still strung those guys along regardless, so she's still more cunning than she lets it appear in front of Zoro.

Toko being Yasu's daughter seems obvious in retrospect. Speaking of which, he's quite the mysterious character. Will he also turn out to have been a big deal in the past?

I hope the prison escape won't be as long as Impel down's.
Old 2019-04-19, 15:52   Link #8
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I expected it, but Oda did make Hiyori/Komurasaki into a person that never did anything wrong. She still strung those guys along regardless, so she's still more cunning than she lets it appear in front of Zoro.

Toko being Yasu's daughter seems obvious in retrospect. Speaking of which, he's quite the mysterious character. Will he also turn out to have been a big deal in the past?

I hope the prison escape won't be as long as Impel down's.
Finding out what those three guys did just makes her screwing them over feel even more justified in hindsight. Even if they do turn over a new leaf, it'd be very difficult to forgive them for their prior actions. If anything, Urashima comes off as only slightly better than those three stooges since he comes off as more honest and not screwing over other peoples' money and trust.

And I doubt Udon will be anywhere near as capable as Impel Down considering the latter is a High-Security Prison working for the better funded World Government and the former has pirates that aren't the brightest of dunces running it. Although even then I wouldn't underestimate these guys since they're still brutal bastards one way or another.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 12:51   Link #9
teejmo

Haha. Once again, Luffy's talent for making allies rears its wonderful head... but it's throwing poor Caribou for a loop. Now the guy's wondering if the idiot's frank forgiveness is just a trap or something.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 00:05   Link #10
Rainbowman

Don’t you just hate that some techniques are hard to master? 😖
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 07:47   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Don’t you just hate that some techniques are hard to master? 😖
Yes, however, it makes things interesting on how to master it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote