AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-24, 19:11   Link #1
Rizzorian

G-On Riders 14

Ep 14 was jsut released by Mugen. I thought this series ended at 13? Am I wrong or is this a 2nd season?
Rizzorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 19:16   Link #2
MartAnimE
willingness to die

yeah, I just saw it and I was confused to, it did ended at episode 13. it's problably 2nd season. I guess I'm downloading this since I really liked the first series, this show is damn funny I suppose there'll be more 13 episodes then, huh?

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-10-25 at 17:59.
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 19:49   Link #3
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
yeah, I just saw it and I was confused to, it did ended at episode 13. it's problably 2nd season. I guess I'm downloading this since I really liked the first series, this show is damn funny I suppose there'll be more 13 episodes then, huh?

EDIT: is anyone else experiencing download troubles? cuz I can't download it with bittorrent this is problably because I had to reinstall my bittorrent client but I did everything right so it should be working fine... maybe I should just reboot my computer
aww....I think this is the notorious DVD exclusive episode of G-on riders..........
and since you know that when some episodes are only shown in DVD....you should know the content it will have.....
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:12   Link #4
Spyre
"Soon"

As stated above, this is the DVD special ep. It takes place shortly after the conclusion in episode 14. It has been called (mostly by me i guess) the "ecchi special"... you'll have to watch it I guess to see why. Its definately not safe for general TV watching.

I have a feeling the studio wanted to do this so badly the whole time. This ep is better animation quality than many of the episodes, mainly in the later half of the series.
Spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 16:49   Link #5
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
As stated above, this is the DVD special ep. It takes place shortly after the conclusion in episode 14. It has been called (mostly by me i guess) the "ecchi special"... you'll have to watch it I guess to see why. Its definately not safe for general TV watching.

I have a feeling the studio wanted to do this so badly the whole time. This ep is better animation quality than many of the episodes, mainly in the later half of the series.
Was a little disappointed that there's still no real resolution to the question of whether Ichiro would ever get Yuki as his girlfriend. She appears totally clueless that Ichiro is even interested in her. Sera and Yayoi are still openly interested in having a relationship with him, but the only character who seems to be making any progress is Zero the andromaid.

The ecchi level definitely hit a peak in 14, high point was probably with the girls working as temp waitresses.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 16:59   Link #6
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
I've never seen nor heard of G-On Riders before. Is ep 14 the start of season two for this series?
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:44   Link #7
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft27
I've never seen nor heard of G-On Riders before. Is ep 14 the start of season two for this series?
no, its the final conclusion of G-on series.....no 2nd season
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:58   Link #8
MartAnimE
willingness to die

wow, I watched it and I got kinda this was a lot more ecchi then usual, and it didn't added anything new to the series... What's the deal? Whatever, this is just silly... and what's with the "maid fetish" thing really? I just don't get it...
I don't watch many ecchi shows, I just tought G-on Riders was kinda funny and cute...
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 19:22   Link #9
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Many studios do this to get people to buy the DVDs. GreenGreen, Love Hina,Maria-Sama, and others have DVD only specials. Remember, DVDs in Japan is very expensive so studios do this to provide value to their products.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 20:06   Link #10
state_alchemist

Does anyone now where I can download the first 13 episodes? I really want to watch this series, can anyone suggest a site that might have it? Or did no one decide to sub this anime?
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 23:46   Link #11
Stone_Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by state_alchemist
Does anyone now where I can download the first 13 episodes? I really want to watch this series, can anyone suggest a site that might have it? Or did no one decide to sub this anime?
Unless Mugen releases a 1-13/14 batch torrent your most likely source is IRC. But don't hold your breath since episode 14 was around 18months to dub so the likely hood that you'll be able to get them all means you better enjoy scavenger hunts.

Pray they do a 1-13 batch... (I wanna see the first 13 episodes too)
Stone_Cult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 08:28   Link #12
Spyre
"Soon"

All 13 eps are easily obtainable on our IRC, but I doubt we'll be doing a batch torrent anytime soon.
Old 2004-10-27, 17:04   Link #13
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Cult
Unless Mugen releases a 1-13/14 batch torrent your most likely source is IRC. But don't hold your breath since episode 14 was around 18months to dub so the likely hood that you'll be able to get them all means you better enjoy scavenger hunts.

Pray they do a 1-13 batch... (I wanna see the first 13 episodes too)
12 and 13 have recently been posted to usenet in alt.binaries.multimedia.anime. Just noticed someone is posting ep 6 to alt.binaries.multimedia.anime.repost. Others are requesting the episodes so more will likely be posted.

Questions about usenet and news servers:

http://www.ibiblio.org/usenet-i/usenet-help.html
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 01:22   Link #14
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Looks like they posted 1-14 by M-A on the torrent page. :P
Old 2004-10-30, 11:29   Link #15
Spyre
"Soon"

lol D:

I think they did it just to make me look dumb
Old 2004-10-31, 01:37   Link #16
AnimeLover2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Looks like they posted 1-14 by M-A on the torrent page. :P
Ya but I still wonder, is it only 1 special episode with 13 episodes makes 14?
Or are there any more special episodes of G-on Riders from the original DVD from Japan?

Thanks for the batch files.

I really hope there is no more new episode of G-on Riders so that i can fit all 14 into 1 DVD.
AnimeLover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 01:45   Link #17
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeLover2004
Ya but I still wonder, is it only 1 special episode with 13 episodes makes 14?
Or are there any more special episodes of G-on Riders from the original DVD from Japan?

Thanks for the batch files.

I really hope there is no more new episode of G-on Riders so that i can fit all 14 into 1 DVD.
I think that's it. 14 was added as a DVD special on the last disk.
Old 2004-11-05, 07:57   Link #18
AnimeLover2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
I think that's it. 14 was added as a DVD special on the last disk.
Oh cool! Now I can rest assure to burn all 14 into DVD.
AnimeLover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 19:25   Link #19
state_alchemist

G-on Riders

Hey, just finished watching G-on Riders, and I think that it's a great series, but I have a question about it for the people that have seen it. Why, in the fansub, do Mugen (The fansubbers) put Principal when ever they "Joker-san". I know that he's the principal in the anime, but considering that the characters were using his name (I think that his real name), why did they put it as Principal in the subtitles? Was it their personal choice to do it that way?
state_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:53   Link #20
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REV-YAWN-IEW TIME

G-On Riders (GOR) is a fine example of how the industry can waste its money without creating anything worthwhile. It is one big parody of sci-fi / mecha / superpowers, it is full of ecchi, and at the same time it is completely empty of likeness. Watching it is learning how to make something out of pure boredom without any regard to if it leaves the viewer with lasting impressions. And unfortunately it is so generic that you will forget it as soon as you finish reading this review.

Let’s start with the animation and the sound, which are amongst the lowest budget productions I can remember in a non-hentai show. Most of the animation is frozen panels, while the rest are simplistic character figures with jerky movements and bad lip motion. Most of the sounds are random boring tunes, while the rest are lifeless dialogues. It is very rare to find a show where you can see how bored the animators and the voice actors were, and this is definitely one of them. The perky voices and the occasional action scenes may fool you to think they sometimes try but in reality the drawings are like done by someone half-asleep and the talking is like they are reading the script without paying attention to how the character should act. There is simply no life in this work.

And it’s not as if the setting does not allow liveliness. In fact, it is so crazy that it should be full of motion and wackiness and over the top yelling and nagging. But no, the characters act and sound almost apathetically, thus feeling completely out of character.

What you end up vaguely paying notice are the sexual fetishes of the series. It is nice when they are indirectly thrown in at random intervals with some funny explanation to why everybody is dressed as such. But not in this show; every girl is cosplaying or running around naked without any reason at all, other than making us horny without some sort of internal logic. But for people who only care about fetishes, I must say that this show is their abode as it is full of them. The base template is glasses; every girl wears them even if they have perfect eyesight. On top of that you can find everything, from maids, to cat girls, to lolis, to whatever rocks your boat. The problem is, everything is there for no reason at all in-story and it quickly becomes more irritating than funny or arousing. Sure, it can give you a boner if you don’t care about all that but even sex needs some foreplay or it will be more of a chore than pleasure.

The story is a mix of a typical harem and typical super robots formula, mixed in an extremely boring and effortless attempt at making poor excuses for girls to cosplay or lose clothes. So ok, aliens invade Earth and all the girls fight them with superpowers, lose clothes, wear glasses and hit on the protagonist. If all that mean anything by the time the show ends, then they are buried under 10 tons of concrete and you are too bored to dig anyway. There is a plot of sorts going on but it will be completely undermined in favor of badly presented humor and no-foreplay erotism. And of course, no solid ending since the scriptwriters fell asleep.

The characters are completely shallow, even for comedy standards. You don’t even know what half of them are doing in the series, or why they do it, or why you should care about all that. They are all stereotypes all right, but even their archetype it underplayed with the lifeless animation and the dried up dialogues, effectively messing even this essential. So no, they are even less than undeveloped or stereotypical. They are dead!

Well, that’s all I had to say about this boring anime. Feel free to forget everything as I delete the series before I fall as–xrrr zzzzzz …

(feels like a boring review but in reality I was just role playing in order to fit with the mood)

Score: 2/10
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote