Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-10-12, 15:10   Link #241
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Kazuya shouldn't need help if he wasn't written to be pathetic but I thought he had his bros there with him or did they leave already...?

Also don't we have one more surprise from Mami waiting in the wing? I thought she messaged someone a few chapters back and my guess it was to have someone order Chizuru for a date. Could be wrong though...
Mami is keeping tabs on Kibe, she knows he isn't dumb.
Old 2021-10-20, 04:04   Link #242
AndrewR5D4

Wonderful... Now Chizuru is dwelling on something Kazuya said over 100 chapters ago. Considering Kazuya helped her with the movie, supported her after her grandma's death, and practically worships the ground she walks on, you'd think Chizuru would be aware he loves her. I mean, she even ditched him once already to prevent a confession from happening.

As much as I hoped things would work out, I'm beginning to wonder if she just doesn't like him back and has been trying to think of a way to escape without hurting Kazuya or his family.

Well, if there's anything Naruto taught us, it's that it doesn't matter how much you care about someone or how much you do to help someone... If you're not their type, they'll never love you back. Maybe Kazuya should quit while he's ahead and follow Naruto's example: Pick the cute timid girl who actually does like him. SUMIYOSHI!
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 04:37   Link #243
WingedAccelerator

It's not even 100 chapters ago. Chizuru has this annoying habit of gathering intel on how Kazuya views the other females, because she is a coward that refuses to make a direct move. What he said about Ruka and Mami was in Chapter 138, then in Chapter 171, he said that he doesn't have feelings for Ruka. Chizuru logic kicks in, so Kazuya could still have intercourse with Ruka even if he doesn't love her, and he was unsure about Mami back then, so maybe he still loves her even though he practically confessed to Chizuru. Brilliant writing.

Not sure about the Naruto example. The Kage meeting happened, in which Naruto knew Sakura was lying to his face. She doesn't love him. People cling a lot to Naruto saying Sakura is his girlfriend or something like that to his parents, but she never moved on from Sasuke, Naruto knew this. If there is an asspull there, it's Sasuke reciprocating Sakura's feelings, and not Sakura reciprocating Naruto's time after time showing she is still into Sasuke.

I immediately double my score for the manga if the lesson we learn is that Kazuya x Chizuru was always a toxic, unbalanced relationship with no future and Kazuya realized he is chasing a mirage. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 06:14   Link #244
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
It's not even 100 chapters ago. Chizuru has this annoying habit of gathering intel on how Kazuya views the other females, because she is a coward that refuses to make a direct move. What he said about Ruka and Mami was in Chapter 138, then in Chapter 171, he said that he doesn't have feelings for Ruka. Chizuru logic kicks in, so Kazuya could still have intercourse with Ruka even if he doesn't love her, and he was unsure about Mami back then, so maybe he still loves her even though he practically confessed to Chizuru. Brilliant writing.

Not sure about the Naruto example. The Kage meeting happened, in which Naruto knew Sakura was lying to his face. She doesn't love him. People cling a lot to Naruto saying Sakura is his girlfriend or something like that to his parents, but she never moved on from Sasuke, Naruto knew this. If there is an asspull there, it's Sasuke reciprocating Sakura's feelings, and not Sakura reciprocating Naruto's time after time showing she is still into Sasuke.

I immediately double my score for the manga if the lesson we learn is that Kazuya x Chizuru was always a toxic, unbalanced relationship with no future and Kazuya realized he is chasing a mirage. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.
Why is she a coward?

As for the Naruto example, I wasn't making an exact comparison. Point is, he was nice to Sakura and did so much, and she would simply never reciprocate. Maybe the same is true for Chizuru.

If not Chizuru, who would you suggest is a better match of the girls around Kazuya? It sure as Hell isn't Ruka or Mami. Are you suggesting Sumiyoshi or Yaemori?
Old 2021-10-20, 06:52   Link #245
WingedAccelerator

Both of them dragged out the lie so much, but Chizuru more than Kazuya. Something that actually happened more than 100 chapters ago is Kazuya wanting to come clean, but Chizuru used the granny excuse. Somehow the way she tiptoes around Kazuya and what Kazuya feels about the other girls make it seem she only going to accept Kazuya's confession if she 100% made sure Kazuya (only) likes her, and the other girls concede on their own. She feels guilty, because what Mami has said is true, not to mention Ruka's accusations over time. She likes Kazuya, but can't initiate a move on him, because it will prove the others right. So she took on a passive, cowardly stance where less blame would fall on her if she were to just accept Kazuya and his family's love and kindness, but not actively pursued it as a gold digger, rental girlfriend. A lot of troubles could have been avoided, if she would have just quit the job already.

Kazuya would accept anyone with flying colors if you erase Chizuru from his brain. Everyone works, even the negatively highlighted characters as he generally never really spoke ill about them or thought that they are despicable, not even Mami. He is just obsessed with Chizuru so much that even in a chapter where he gives credit to someone else, he can't contain to drool about Chizuru afterwards.
Old 2021-10-20, 11:27   Link #246
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

One thing for sure: Chizuru noticed from Kazuya's words that Mami is being shady because her actions and words to Kazuya don't match with what she(Mami) talked with her(Chizuru).
Old 2021-10-20, 12:36   Link #247
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post

If not Chizuru, who would you suggest is a better match of the girls around Kazuya? It sure as Hell isn't Ruka or Mami. Are you suggesting Sumiyoshi or Yaemori?
I personally LOVE Sumi with him and really miss her right now. Their interactions are so freaking wholesome... they are also the healthiest ones we've been shown like how they both cried together in the park. That was so heart-warming.

At the same time, Sumi deserves someone who can give his whole heart to her. Kazuya's never going to let go of Chizuru. She's the Winning Girl and we've known this since chapter 1.

I do not think Kazuya's feelings are one-sided, nor do I think he and Chizuru are a "bad match".

But it's just very frustrating to watch them sometimes. That's actually mostly Chizuru's fault because she refuses to open up but at the same time, I 100% understand why she acts the way she does.

Quote:
A lot of troubles could have been avoided, if she would have just quit the job already.
THIS.

I don't know why she hasn't yet!! You'd think her being into Kazuya would be as distracting as hell for her and her clients would notice this.
Unless she is just that good at hiding her feelings. (probably)
Old 2021-10-21, 00:18   Link #248
Lex79

It has been how long since Kazuya decided to confess? Six months? One year? And yet yhe author keeps adding obstacles and misunderstandings. Great.
Old 2021-10-21, 08:23   Link #249
dark44

what i dont like is Chizuru she is 100% sure that kazuya love her even everyone around them know and she dont take any actions she should draw a line accept him or reject him to make him found another girl but she is just baiting him
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-21, 13:09   Link #250
WingedAccelerator

I don't think she is baiting him, but she knows exactly that as a professional rental girlfriend, what have developed between them broke the rules on multiple occassions and she shouldn't act upon her feelings. Ruka specifically didn't fuck off because even if Kazuya likes Chizuru, she thinks Chizuru can't accept his feelings (even though she wants to prevent the confession). Also, Chizuru I think said to Yaemori that she doesn't believe Kazuya is so stupid to fell for a rental girlfriend or something. So... Back to the topic of how Chizuru should have quit a long time ago. Even if she is useless at everything else, given how the universe worships her, she just has to smile and stand behind a counter at some place, and she would make a fortune.
Old 2021-10-25, 10:25   Link #251
dark44

Best girl gonna end with some trash all the flags are there
Old 2021-10-25, 13:55   Link #252
AndrewR5D4

Full confirmation that Mami's action are fully calculated, and also that she gains vindictive joy out of watching her plans unfold. Still no word as to why she's a horrible person, but at least Mami apologists no longer have a leg to stand on. Spending two years trying to ruin the life of a person she dumped is beyond obsessive.

About time Kuri grew a spine... The fact that he always liked Ruka and she practically spit in his face never helped make her more likeable. It's about time he confronted her about it, and hopefully this little situation keeps her from butting into Kazuya's life for the millionth time.
Old 2021-10-25, 14:24   Link #253
WingedAccelerator

Why should Ruka care about Kuri? She was a rental girlfriend with Kuri renting her, nothing beyond that. She owes him nothing. In fact, unless the author didn't completely forget about her heartbeat issue, Kuri is completely out of the picture and also forced as heck as a choice with nothing happening between them for 180 chapters. But to be honest, all of the cast is heavily underdeveloped or underutilized.

At least what grandma told to Kazuya seemed to push Kazuya into the right direction that it's not okay that they have kept lying all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Best girl gonna end with some trash all the flags are there
Who is best girl?
Old 2021-10-25, 17:23   Link #254
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Why should Ruka care about Kuri? She was a rental girlfriend with Kuri renting her, nothing beyond that. She owes him nothing. In fact, unless the author didn't completely forget about her heartbeat issue, Kuri is completely out of the picture and also forced as heck as a choice with nothing happening between them for 180 chapters. But to be honest, all of the cast is heavily underdeveloped or underutilized.

At least what grandma told to Kazuya seemed to push Kazuya into the right direction that it's not okay that they have kept lying all this time.
Would be nice if Ruka could stop chasing Kazuya and find someone who doesn't think of her as a nuisance. Annoying as she can be regarding Kazuya, her character feels like one that deserves to find someone who will adore her the same way she adores Kazuya. I'm fairly confident Kuri would be a thoughtful and attentive boyfriend and worship the ground she walks on like Kazuya does with Chizuru. Regardless of the heart condition, Ruka also seems to be attracted to average dudes who look out for their friends.
Old 2021-10-26, 00:54   Link #255
dark44

Quote:

Who is best girl?
Ruka looks like the author is pairing her with Kuri
Old 2021-10-26, 04:21   Link #256
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Would be nice if Ruka could stop chasing Kazuya and find someone who doesn't think of her as a nuisance. Annoying as she can be regarding Kazuya, her character feels like one that deserves to find someone who will adore her the same way she adores Kazuya. I'm fairly confident Kuri would be a thoughtful and attentive boyfriend and worship the ground she walks on like Kazuya does with Chizuru. Regardless of the heart condition, Ruka also seems to be attracted to average dudes who look out for their friends.
Kazuya doesn't think of her as a nuisance though. He loves Chizuru, but thinks of Ruka as a really great girl, an angel, who also can support him if needed. She has her antics, but it's not a deal breaker. Sure, he doesn't like her pace and gets annoyed, but it's more about how she turns him on despite the many Chizuru loving monologues he repeats.

From the characters perspective, there are a lot of one-sided crushes that are pending on Chizuru. Why should Ruka do the favor and gave up before Chizuru makes a decision? It's still about how she is just a rental and how Kazuya is her client. They cannot refute this argument even after 200 chapters. Kazuya loves Chizuru. Ruka loves Kazuya. Kuri most likely loves Ruka. Actor guy loves Chizuru.

If there is wall between Ruka and Kazuya, it's because Kazuya doesn't want to understand Ruka. His self-esteem is low and he questions all the time why a girl like Ruka even loves him. As a sidenote, why would a Chizuru-tier girl love him? How is it any different? He also made a mistake with how he wanted to break up. It's not for Ruka's sake at all, it's for his own. His apology was anything but heartfelt. Chizuru is just as much responsible for the trial relationship like Kazuya. Ruka won't go away once and for all till Chizuru will be honest with her, everyone, how her accusations were spot on. That way she can move on without regret, since she would be the victim.

Kuri is below avarage. He purposely looks worse than Kazuya, same with Kibe, while the actor guy looks 10/10 handsome just to make Kazuya insecure. I hate consolation friend pairings with zero development than obvious main pairings. Kuri also rented girlfriends and I can hardly think of what he feels as love when he didn't even have recurring chapters with Ruka, but most likely loves her after renting her one time 1-1.5 years ago.
Old 2021-10-27, 10:40   Link #257
Lex79

The only redeeming part of ch210 is that it was stated that grandma loves Kazuya and she doesn't simply see him as an accessory to Chizuru. Sometimes I had the doubt.
It would feel bad if Ruka's situation is solved with her finding a new love instead of her accepting that she lost and actually never had a chance, but as long as we get rid if her I won't complain too much.
Old 2021-10-28, 09:38   Link #258
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Kuri is below avarage. He purposely looks worse than Kazuya, same with Kibe, while the actor guy looks 10/10 handsome just to make Kazuya insecure. I hate consolation friend pairings with zero development than obvious main pairings. Kuri also rented girlfriends and I can hardly think of what he feels as love when he didn't even have recurring chapters with Ruka, but most likely loves her after renting her one time 1-1.5 years ago.
He doesn't love her yet, but Kuri is a lot like Kazuya: Average, unimpressive, reliable, and friendly. He would probably pair well with her, and the best part is, he doesn't have that annoying rental girl situation that Kazuya does. From what little is shown of his personality, Kuri would adore her the way she deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
The only redeeming part of ch210 is that it was stated that grandma loves Kazuya and she doesn't simply see him as an accessory to Chizuru. Sometimes I had the doubt.
It would feel bad if Ruka's situation is solved with her finding a new love instead of her accepting that she lost and actually never had a chance, but as long as we get rid if her I won't complain too much.
Yet she never though much of him, which says a lot. If you can say that out loud to your grandson's face, how much do you really care?

I think Ruka pairing up with someone else might turn her into an ally rather than a hindrance, especially since said love interest would already be a friend of Kazuya's who's aware of the situation.
Old 2021-10-28, 10:16   Link #259
WingedAccelerator

Did Kuri ever search for Ruka after she quit or knew she is working with Kazuya at a karaoke bar? I honestly don't remember. Regardless, still a huge no. He rented her specifically to cater to his tastes and because he wanted to show off. Then he had no problem accepting the rental date with Chizuru. This is not love, but shallowness. It doesn't matter if he can be a good lover with time. Ruka is not a part of his life, he was not devastated after she quit but how he was exposed, and just because he is obsessed with her after renting her a single time, she is not obliged to accept him out of the blue.

I never understood this complaint that Ruka is not an ally. Or at least not to Kazuya. The whole trial relationship with Chizuru posing as the real girlfriend was always unfair to her and Kazuya knew this during his birthday as well. Yet, she allowed plenty of leeway to Kazuya, be it supporting Chizuru financially or emotionally instead of forbiding every contact with her, which she had all the rights to do, since she heavily overstepped her boundaries as a rental girlfriend. Mami is the one that wants to make Kazuya into the enemy now, while Ruka's enemy is Chizuru or her presence. Most of the female cast already bends to Chizuru, heck no to another cheerleader. Sumi was already insulting.
Old 2021-10-28, 10:35   Link #260
Lex79

Ruka blackmailed Kazuya into becoming her trial boyfriend, that alone disqualifies her from having any say in what Kazuya does and who he sees. Even discounting that, the trial is over, Kazuya broke up with her, but instead of accepting her loss like a mature person she refuses to let him go and is even actively preventing him from getting together with the girl he loves, going as far as lying to Mizuhara.
I don't know how much people in Japan are considered at fault for not honoring agreements they have been forced to enter against their will, but personally I don't give Ruka any justification for her actions.

Tags
harem, rom com