AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 22:42   Link #9341
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Friend of mine felt disgusted when he watched the Packers Seahawks game. He's not fan of either, but swears he never saw a team that pretty much wanted to lose so badly.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 21:38   Link #9342
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It is being called the worst loss in Packers history. And given the longeivty and history of that club, that is saying a lot.

As many people have said, it took at least 8 separate events to be combined to lead to Seattle winning. If Green Bay turned just one of them the other way, they would have won.

*shrug* Seattle vs New England has a lot of context and storylines to it. There are reasons one could despise both teams. It probably does make for the best SB matchup though.
Old 2015-01-25, 16:06   Link #9343
GDB

Josh Gordon failed another drug test. He is subject to a one-year suspension.

Can't fix stupid.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 19:48   Link #9344
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Can be considered Karma as well, myself and some others speculated that Josh Gordon was suspended on the last games of the season so that the Browns can ensure he didn't become a free agent and had to pay more for him. Now, the Browns cannot use him for a whole year.

Think the Brown's brass are becoming bald with how much frustration they have to put up with.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 20:06   Link #9345
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Basketcase in Cleveland as always.

In better news, for once the Pro Bowl is being shown in Australia. Looking forward to FINALLY seeing this event.
Old 2015-01-25, 20:15   Link #9346
GDB

Don't get your hopes up too high and you'll probably enjoy it. Those who are usually disappointed by it are the ones who expect it to be anywhere close to a regular game.
Old 2015-01-25, 23:39   Link #9347
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Seeing the rule differences did show me it was going to be a far less intense affair in terms of physicality. But I get that and it's why the event even happens. Wish the AFL had the balls to do something similar since the demise of State of Origin around 2 decades ago.

And it was a decent game. Team Irvin besting Team Carter 28-25. Some brilliant catches by Odell Beckham Jr. Great defensives plays by J.J. Watt and Grimes. Brees looked the freest he has in ages. And the irony of Matt Ryan connecting to Jimmy Graham to clinch it for Irvin. Amusing result since the internet was utterly condemning Irvin for his draft choices. Guess he one upped anonymous.

I am confused as to why Dalton was the QB for the 4th quarter for Team Carter. Why wouldn't you have Brees or Luck doing it in the clutch?
Old 2015-02-01, 18:32   Link #9348
GDB

Aww, was hoping the Seahawks would cause a Safety on the opening play again. Too bad.
Old 2015-02-01, 20:30   Link #9349
Yye1
Wide Right

Who dafuq is chris matthews?!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:08   Link #9350
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

What a comeback by Tom Brady and the Patriots!!! Not sure many of us, including myself, would have bet a 14-point run to see the turnaround become a reality. Brady now tops Joe Montana on Super Bowl TD passes with 13 for Brady versus 11 for Montana.

On the other end, the Seahawks have been horrible in terms of public image from the pregame days until the very end. They proved to the world that they are nothing but a bunch of thugs.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:09   Link #9351
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I am just laughing right now, why did Seattle did not run it with Lynch. They had the game in hand but passing it?>?>?>?
Old 2015-02-01, 22:14   Link #9352
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I am just laughing right now, why did Seattle did not run it with Lynch. They had the game in hand but passing it?>?>?>?

Hey, I don't mind! I'm from New England. I thought the game was over and we lost, and then we make that interception right at the end. I was pretty happy. Fourth Super Bowl win for Brady, I'm happy, I was hoping he'd get at least a fourth Super Bowl win.
Old 2015-02-01, 22:16   Link #9353
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Seriously, I hate the Patriots and am upset they won, but I'm even more pissed at the Seahawks. It was 2nd and 1 to the goal. Just run it three times. Don't think Lynch had gotten stuffed that entire game, so you'll get it.

Worst part is that this win guarantees not a single thing will come from Deflategate, because you damn sure know Goodell doesn't want there to be any taint on a Super Bowl victor, even if the fans know it's there.
Old 2015-02-01, 22:19   Link #9354
sky black swordman

What the hell kind of play call was that?!

I was in shocked to see the Seahawks pass the ball instead of running ball with Lynch.

Did they call that stupid play so Wilson would win the MVP Award?
Old 2015-02-01, 22:21   Link #9355
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Seriously, I hate the Patriots and am upset they won, but I'm even more pissed at the Seahawks. It was 2nd and 1 to the goal. Just run it three times. Don't think Lynch had gotten stuffed that entire game, so you'll get it.

Worst part is that this win guarantees not a single thing will come from Deflategate, because you damn sure know Goodell doesn't want there to be any taint on a Super Bowl victor, even if the fans know it's there.
All I know is that it was a amazing game, close throughout with big plays left and right on both offense and defense. I don't know what Seattle was thinking either, must have though Lynch wouldn't be able to get it in for whatever.

Not a single thing will come from Deflategate because there was never real evidence for deflategate to begin with, the 11 out of 12 was a unconfirmed report that everyone jumped on with the NFL saying only 1 ball was actually underdeflated with the other 10 literally on the minimum line that could be explained by weather.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:24   Link #9356
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Old 2015-02-01, 22:26   Link #9357
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Almost assuredly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Not a single thing will come from Deflategate because there was never real evidence for deflategate to begin with, the 11 out of 12 was a unconfirmed report that everyone jumped on with the NFL saying only 1 ball was actually underdeflated with the other 10 literally on the minimum line that could be explained by weather.
The NFL's report also conflicts with a previous report that was 3-4 were severely under, and the rest under but not severely. I haven't trusted anything that's come out in regards to it ever since the initial leaks because it all conflicts, even internally. And because of that, they can now say whatever they want.

It's also telling that Brady will not unequivocally deny the allegations. The only reason to do that is to cover your ass in case someone squeals and you don't want to get hit for lying too.

Goodell says he wants transparency, but then is more underhanded and secretive than the yakuza.
Old 2015-02-01, 22:32   Link #9358
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
What the hell kind of play call was that?!

I was in shocked to see the Seahawks pass the ball instead of running ball with Lynch.

From the angles I saw on the play, Wilson certainly went for glory. After taking a time out, I expected Seattle to be 110% sure about what to do and score.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 22:32   Link #9359
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Almost assuredly.

The NFL's report also conflicts with a previous report that was 3-4 were severely under, and the rest under but not severely. I haven't trusted anything that's come out in regards to it ever since the initial leaks because it all conflicts, even internally. And because of that, they can now say whatever they want.

It's also telling that Brady will not unequivocally deny the allegations. The only reason to do that is to cover your ass in case someone squeals and you don't want to get hit for lying too.

Goodell says he wants transparency, but then is more underhanded and secretive than the yakuza.

The truth might be that 10 of the footballs were okay and that only 1 was under inflated, and as for the conflicting reports...well, just look at how someone reported what seems to be a lie (11 out of 12 footballs under inflated)...the report about 3 or 4 footballs being severly deflated might be a lie, too, because...a lot of people hate the Patriots and might have been lying about the matter because they are sore losers and want to throw whatever mud they can at the Patriots.

If the "11 out of 12 footballs" thing is not true, I'm more inclined to believe the findings that 10 of the footballs were fine and only 1 was under inflated. I just hope nothing comes out of deflategate and the Patriots are cleared of it.
Old 2015-02-01, 22:48   Link #9360
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I saw this posted by someone on twitter and found it hilarious:

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports