AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-11, 16:58   Link #61
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Don't get him started... don't get him started...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-11, 17:31   Link #62
Syaokura

Welcome back, Tak! Your comments always brought me some joy, aaaah

Okay seriously, I have yet to watch the other Macross series other than Frontier. So off I go!
Old 2011-10-11, 17:34   Link #63
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Don't get him started... don't get him started...

- Tak
aww...poor Takky

Quote:
Well, romance certainly took a back seat to oblivion in Macross 7...

But what we got instead, was Basara's galaxy-sized phallaus-waving exercise...

Do we want that?

- Tak
well...I haven't seen 7...and I'm definitely not planning to at present. Plus is next on my list (definitely before I see the second movie again - 8 days and counting!).

=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
SOLD-OUT THEATRES FULL OF WEEPING HIGH-SCHOOL FANGIRLS CAN'T BE WRONG!!!</sarcasm>
B- b- but...they aren't wrong!
LOL, I'd loved to have seen the movie in a theatre like that, just once, for the experience

...it's not the IRL reaction that's been driving me nuts... orz

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-11, 17:53   Link #64
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
B- b- but...they aren't wrong!
LOL, I'd loved to have seen the movie in a theatre like that, just once, for the experience

...it's not the IRL reaction that's been driving me nuts... orz
Oh, you don't remember Titanic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaokura View Post
Welcome back, Tak! Your comments always brought me some joy, aaaah

Okay seriously, I have yet to watch the other Macross series other than Frontier. So off I go!
Oh, btw, Lulu is one of the few characters where the Tenchi solution is viable. Yeah

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:53   Link #65
Tak

Now, what if Basara was female?

It'd probably be something like this:

Spoiler for You know you want to:

LOVE HEART, complete with a friggin whale, BEESH!

- Tak

Old 2011-10-11, 21:59   Link #66
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Oh, you don't remember Titanic?
hm... I've TOTALLY blocked that experience out...
All I remember is that a friend forced me to see it at the cinema a second time. And then I arranged to have a music lesson when a teacher decided it would be a good class filler at the end of semester...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-17, 23:03   Link #67
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Kawamori's got his next project lined up...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ir-next-spring

Words fail me.
Old 2011-10-17, 23:10   Link #68
Tak

I am frightened...

Last time they had something like that, it was Macross VFX, starring Milky Dolls.

Protoculture help us.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-17 at 23:48.
Old 2011-10-18, 00:15   Link #69
Darthtabby

Some of the talent on that project has been involved in some series I've really enjoyed. On the other hand, I'm not too keen on the premise and the fact that someone was involved in some series I've liked does not mean all the projects they've been involved with are ones I like (to use Kawamori himself as an example, I dropped Aquarion after watching like one episode).
Old 2011-10-18, 01:01   Link #70
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:

Words fail me.
Now, I'll say this: I'm scared to touch that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I dropped Aquarion after watching like one episode).
Then you missed the epic ending and the plot twist that ending the whole fucking show.

Naw, seriously, Aquarion was epic; no doubt. Though I still think that Macross and Neon Gensis Evangelion outweigh it in action w/machines or mecha; but romantically, I think all of the series' fit good in that genre;
Spoiler for NGE:

For Aquarion: bear through the first five episodes and then watch Ep.15 or 16; then you'll get the feel and desire to watch the rest. But that's just my opinion. And be prepared for
Spoiler for ending spoiler!:

---

On another note, I want to see another Live between May'n and Nakajima. They did very well on the first. I wanted to also see what setting Songbird would be sung in or Ribe. Those are my two favorite slow songs on the Christmas album. Is it too much to hope for a Nyan Clip #2 (or would it be 3 now)?

As for a new series: I want the plot to be different this time and have unique characters. I've noticed one thing about Kawamori's works: he always makes characters that have pasts that are vaguely explored or not even mentioned (like Luca for example). And he makes characters that fall off the scale sometimes (like Nanase and Ranka) and don't come back up though some are main characters (like Ranka again). I want to see him justify his characters and help them grow, not leave them hanging.
Plus, would it kill for a more interesting enemy that makes it more difficult for songs to touch them? I liked Macross II for this, because the enemy had their own singers. I want to see more of that in the future, it makes it more interesting.
Old 2011-10-18, 05:13   Link #71
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Some of the talent on that project has been involved in some series I've really enjoyed. On the other hand, I'm not too keen on the premise and the fact that someone was involved in some series I've liked does not mean all the projects they've been involved with are ones I like (to use Kawamori himself as an example, I dropped Aquarion after watching like one episode).
I actually understand I honestly like some of the AKB members, but not too keen on them working for an anime. It's just... Erm, weird. But then, they do feel more like 'idol' than 'singer' or any else for me (not to berate their singing quality, but most of them are decent enough for my ears. Entertaning they are though) so it's an automatic response to be doubtful lol.

I love at how some people on ANN forum act like butthurt troll though. Was fun as hell seeing them act elitist without checking facts!

Now if this indeed means no new Macross project for 30th Anniversary (which is already slim enough with Kawamori's involvement with EVOL), I would do a jawdrop and just... Well cry rivers ;-;
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Then you missed the epic ending and the plot twist that ending the whole fucking show.
Hah! Aquarion was good for the OST and the orgasmic gattai! I certainly have hard memory relinquishing what exactly make it epic aside from the OP song

Old 2011-10-18, 05:30   Link #72
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Hah! Aquarion was good for the OST and the orgasmic gattai! I certainly have hard memory relinquishing what exactly make it epic aside from the OP song
I actually liked the end to the series. I'm not too sure about Evol; but I saw the first and it was beautiful. There wasn't a thing about it that I didn't like. It was my first step in liking mecha again too.

/chuckles/ Orgasmic gattai!
Old 2011-10-18, 09:30   Link #73
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
It's an AKB48 anime...how good could it possibly be...?
Old 2011-10-18, 10:24   Link #74
Tak

Quote:
It's an AKB48 anime...how good could it possibly be...?
Are you sure its not an anime featuring AKB48?

- Tak (I am not a big fan of girl groups...)

Old 2011-10-18, 12:49   Link #75
Tak

Speaking of which...

This is what happened last time Macross had an idol group...

Yes, I have the said game...

- Tak

Old 2011-10-18, 15:22   Link #76
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I actually understand I honestly like some of the AKB members, but not too keen on them working for an anime. It's just... Erm, weird. But then, they do feel more like 'idol' than 'singer' or any else for me (not to berate their singing quality, but most of them are decent enough for my ears. Entertaning they are though) so it's an automatic response to be doubtful lol.

I love at how some people on ANN forum act like butthurt troll though. Was fun as hell seeing them act elitist without checking facts!
I'm not actually very familiar with AKB48. I was thinking more the anime industry people involved in the project. Aside from Kawamori himself I find Mari Okada's involvement particularly notable.

One of the posters on ANN was mentioning that Kawamori may be trying to save Satelight with this project. Are they really doing all that badly right now?

Quote:
Now if this indeed means no new Macross project for 30th Anniversary (which is already slim enough with Kawamori's involvement with EVOL), I would do a jawdrop and just... Well cry rivers ;-;
Who says this rules out the 30th Anniversary project? For all we know, this could be Kawamori's 30th Anniversary project. :P

Mwahahahaha.
Old 2011-10-18, 17:54   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Words fail me.
Minmay might make a guest appearance.
Old 2011-10-18, 18:04   Link #78
sa547
*Author

Quote:
One of the posters on ANN was mentioning that Kawamori may be trying to save Satelight with this project. Are they really doing all that badly right now?
That ANN poster seems to have forgotten to take account that, IMHO, MF made heck of a lot of money than any other portion of the franchise (with enough cash to spare to win a long-standing legal trademark battle with the illegitimate "squatters").

It remains to see how Kawamori's involvement would fare next year; it's going to be an interesting experiment as far as his branching out is concerned.
Old 2011-10-18, 18:14   Link #79
Tak

Quote:
I am interested to know where the said poster acquired information about SATELIGHT doing badly and needed to be saved.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-18, 21:42   Link #80
sa547
*Author

OT: This fucker oughta drop out of the fandom if he hates the way it is now:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...461451#1461451