Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 23:55   Link #1
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Capturing DVD footage?

Dunno if this belongs here...but I simply want to make clips from my R1 anime dvds, for making AMVs, parodies, avatars and whatnot. But if I try to clip with Windows Movie Maker, (which I hate) the video is all pixelated and wonky. I've tried using Converter Lite to make avis so I can edit with Virtual Dub...but every conversion fails each time. It's really annoying! I even copied the video to my hard drive but I still get the same problem. Do you suppose it's a protection problem on the disc? Is there a way to get rid of it!?

Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.
Old 2013-06-24, 00:27   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Dunno if this belongs here...but I simply want to make clips from my R1 anime dvds, for making AMVs, parodies, avatars and whatnot. But if I try to clip with Windows Movie Maker, (which I hate) the video is all pixelated and wonky. I've tried using Converter Lite to make avis so I can edit with Virtual Dub...but every conversion fails each time. It's really annoying! I even copied the video to my hard drive but I still get the same problem. Do you suppose it's a protection problem on the disc? Is there a way to get rid of it!?

Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.
You might have better luck getting intelligent answers over in the Tech Support forum. I'm going to wager you're running into DRM issues.

There are several ways to strip and convert the video files from DVDs - some require buying software, others don't.

http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-ripper.htm is one commercial package. I haven't really researched any of the freeware (Sourceforge) packages to know which ones do the trick properly. Caveat - I haven't actually tried their Ripper product, just some of their other tools.
Old 2013-06-24, 11:57   Link #3
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Actually I hopped over to AMV.org and found an entire guide and software pack. XD

But thanks for replying.