AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 10:22   Link #181
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Seriously, you can't call yourself a RPG lover if you don't buy this one, there is no other game who took me so much time and so much guts, even Agarest and ToS ( and they give me a lot of freaking emotions)
You're comparing Xenoblade Chronicles to a badly designed strategy RPG and an action RPG that failed to follow up on what it introduced in the first 8-10 hours?
Old 2011-09-06, 07:33   Link #182
Zakoo

Well yeah after all the story in xenoblade begins at least after 40 hours of game.

You see it's easy to troll.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 17:55   Link #183
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Does anyone know where to find the advanced book for thr final cross arts ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 21:49   Link #184
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Does anyone know where to find the advanced book for thr final cross arts ?
The spiders in the Tephra Cave area (the strong ones), gold chest
36-SACRE at the capital of Agnirata
Ortorichi of the Field (unique unit) on the Leg.

I don't know what the English names are for the enemies and areas.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:19   Link #185
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Sorry to bother you guys, but I have trouble finding the Noppon Maid Minana after I invited her to Colony 6. Someone knows were she is?
A FAQ said she should be somewhere near the reconstruction HQ. But I just don't see her. :-/

Never mind... found her. She is at the lake.

Last edited by Kyral; 2011-09-15 at 04:13.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 09:12   Link #186
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Well yeah after all the story in xenoblade begins at least after 40 hours of game.

You see it's easy to troll.
I hope it does pick after said 40 hours then. So far it's been unbelievably straightforward and light-hearted, which is extremely disappointing considering the calibre and depth of Takahashi's previous stories.

Not that I expect it to measure up to those, but I do hope it shows that he at least had something to say with this game and that the plot wasn't a complete afterthought.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:10   Link #187
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I hope it does pick after said 40 hours then. So far it's been unbelievably straightforward and light-hearted, which is extremely disappointing considering the calibre and depth of Takahashi's previous stories.

Not that I expect it to measure up to those, but I do hope it shows that he at least had something to say with this game and that the plot wasn't a complete afterthought.
Dude, there are twist and turn regarding the story. The game starts out that a pack of friends head out to seek revenge,
Spoiler:

I don't think any jrpg this gen can rival this game, not because it is impossible, but largely because of financial costs and development time. I honestly don't think this type of game was possible, if monolith soft was not backed by someone like nintendo. Being a first party devs does have its advantages, see the studios owned by sony and nintendo, focus on making good games and not distracted by the crap is going on, especially opinions and shit-talk by fanboys, videogames analysts and journalists.
Is the game worth the £30? Hell yeah. Do i want a sequel of some sort? Yeap, but not in the next few years. One big game every gen is enough for me.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:18   Link #188
Vicious108

Keywords in my previous post: so far. I'm only like 25 hours into the game.

I'll welcome said twists and turns once I get to them. But that'll probably take a while longer because the game hasn't really gripped me yet and I keep getting sidetracked by the infinite amount of quests.
Old 2011-09-17, 17:47   Link #189
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Keywords in my previous post: so far. I'm only like 25 hours into the game.

I'll welcome said twists and turns once I get to them. But that'll probably take a while longer because the game hasn't really gripped me yet and I keep getting sidetracked by the infinite amount of quests.
Oh, problem with this game is that stating the hours played and referring it to the story progression is, like you already indicated, meaningless. Some people beaten the game in less 50h during their first run, other like me, 200h.
Old 2011-09-18, 02:26   Link #190
Vicious108

True that. I'd wanted to make a more story-driven playthrough since that's usually my main priority in videogames, especially in RPGs, but alas I find myself getting underleveled and having trouble with the story battles without doing quests, so I've been trying to do a reasonable amount of them.

I wonder how long a completely sidequest-free playthrough would take, lolz.
Old 2011-09-18, 09:57   Link #191
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
I hope it does pick after said 40 hours then.
Zakoo was trolling because he thought I was trolling.
Quote:
So far it's been unbelievably straightforward and light-hearted, which is extremely disappointing considering the calibre and depth of Takahashi's previous stories.
Are we playing the same game? The events that lead up to the start of the adventure are definitely not light-hearted, and I don't find what follows to be either.

Straightforward? Yes. Light-hearted? Hell no.
Old 2011-09-18, 15:02   Link #192
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I've noticed some weird flickering and hazy textures on the floor of the High Entia's city while moving the camera. More specifically, I see textures that seem to be shaded roughly on places where there's a close light source. It's as if the texture loses colours and becomes lower quality. This same effect was visible on an NPC's wings during a cut-scene. Is this normal, or is my Wii's graphics card overheating?

According to a quick Google search the symptoms are different (either blurry horizontal lines or green pixels).

I'm playing the game on a CRT monitor using a special VGA cable. I'm going to try the game on my TV tomorrow to see if it the same happens on that screen.

Last edited by Benoit; 2011-09-18 at 18:17. Reason: Clarified the effect
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 09:22   Link #193
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I just tried t' game on a TV usin' a RGB cable. T' same effects can be seen, so either me Wii has a graphics chipset problem, or t' game be like that.

I watched a YouTube video o' a cut-scene ayeterday and I could see t' effect on a High Entia's win's as well, but it wasn't as pronounced (likely due t' it bein' a video).
Old 2011-09-20, 04:04   Link #194
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I just tried t' game on a TV usin' a RGB cable. T' same effects can be seen, so either me Wii has a graphics chipset problem, or t' game be like that.
I think it has something to do with the memory, rather than the GPU. Try and save inside Alcamoth, power off the console and load the save file, and see if it make a difference. BTW the game does not have a flicker filter, like smash bros and other games, that can be the cause.
Old 2011-09-20, 14:52   Link #195
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ah yes... well...

Xenoblade again made me sidetrack with it's quests!

I'm on 101h and lvl 85... still want to level because I have quests with mobs in the 90-range. xD
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I could ended this days ago.

I must say kudos to the makers. They really managed to make me care more about NPCs then in other RPGs I played so far.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:44   Link #196
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I'm on 101h and lvl 85... still want to level because I have quests with mobs in the 90-range. xD
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I could ended this days ago.
I'm only level 20, so i have to run away whenever i could across such a creature.

They certainly know how to appear out of nowhere sometimes.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:01   Link #197
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

It's so nice when you can finally give these things a run for thier money.

Speaking of levels... I had totaly forgott that Shulk was equiped with an +75% XP gem.
I hadn't used him for quit a while now (wanted to raise affection with different characters), he still managed to be 2 levels higher then everybody else now by simply staying behind and leeching XP like a boss.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:42   Link #198
Sides

Think shulk, riki and blah-blah have skills in their skill tree that gives them extra experience points, during certain conditions. So giving any of them a XP gem would make them run away.

I still have some Lv.100+ uniques to beat, unfortunately i overwrote my savefile, so i have to unlock the maps again. Speed run!
Old 2011-09-21, 13:09   Link #199
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yeah, I unlocked extra XP skill for Shulk and Riki but not for Seven (is the only skill tree left.)
It was still pretty funny though.

I use my XP gems now to boost the ones lagging behind. Leveling got a lot faster now.
Old 2011-09-21, 18:24   Link #200
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'm done with Alcamoth and am doing quests now before proceeding to the next area. Now that I've had the first major twist, I thought I'd write down my thoughts on the plot so far so people who have finished the game can laugh at me so I can organise them and look back on them later.
Spoiler:

I wish this game did less foreshadowing. The player ends up seeing things that the party doesn't, which causes a disconnect between the player and his/her party. It gets bad when after the major twist the party is only concerned about the twist itself and isn't asking questions about everything that lead up to it.