AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 03:31   Link #201
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm done with Alcamoth and am doing quests now before proceeding to the next area. Now that I've had the first major twist, I thought I'd write down my thoughts on the plot so far so people who have finished the game can laugh at me so I can organise them and look back on them later.
Spoiler:

I wish this game did less foreshadowing. The player ends up seeing things that the party doesn't, which causes a disconnect between the player and his/her party. It gets bad when after the major twist the party is only concerned about the twist itself and isn't asking questions about everything that lead up to it.
You got some good thinking here. But don't worry... there are still some twists coming your way!

Spoiler for Metal Face:
Old 2011-09-22, 04:11   Link #202
Sides

Wow, Xenoblade won a cesa Excellence Award this year(?)
CESA page
siliconera.com has listed the other games that received awards this year.

Monolith Staff blog featuring how a staff member, riki, travels to the award ceremony, to pick up the award.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:28   Link #203
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Is that a Riki plushie? BENOIT WANT!
Old 2011-10-01, 04:45   Link #204
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ok, finally finished it.

Took some time because I had to do all quests I could find and max out affection of every character to do all the heart-to-hearts. So in the end, the endbattle was a walk in the park with a bunch of lvl 99 characters.

But it was a very good game. I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:32   Link #205
Sides

Xenoblade coming to NA

Xenoblade will be making it's way to americas, source siliconera
Game will only be sold via Nintendo directly and Gamestop, so basically only for jrpg fans, cannot blame them for doing this.
Old 2011-12-03, 02:22   Link #206
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Xenoblade will be making it's way to americas, source siliconera
Game will only be sold via Nintendo directly and Gamestop, so basically only for jrpg fans, cannot blame them for doing this.
I just saw this on IGN and I am PSYCHED! Now just waiting on Last Story to be announced
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 14:21   Link #207
Sides

Now this is awesome Soraya Saga thanks NA fans for pushing for a NA release, on twitter
She is the wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, the guy who was in charge for this game, and worked on several Square-Enix and Monolith Soft titles herself.
Old 2011-12-03, 16:44   Link #208
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

wouldn't it be cool if they make an HD remake of Last Story and release that on the Wii-U instead? :3

Especially considering that if they do decide to bring it out here, it'll most likely be next winter when the Wii-U is expected to be release.
Old 2011-12-03, 16:58   Link #209
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
wouldn't it be cool if they make an HD remake of Last Story and release that on the Wii-U instead? :3
No, because then I'd have to buy a new console and an inferior HDTV to play it. Not to mention that the original is often better and what the game was meant to be like.

It probably wouldn't be real HD anyway and we'd be looking at a deformed image of it.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:22   Link #210
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, because then I'd have to buy a new console and an inferior HDTV to play it. Not to mention that the original is often better and what the game was meant to be like.

It probably wouldn't be real HD anyway and we'd be looking at a deformed image of it.
Well that depends on whats done. If it's just a port up with higher resolution than it'll be a downer. But if they redo the assets than it'll be great. It's a matter of how they go about it.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:55   Link #211
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well that depends on whats done. If it's just a port up with higher resolution than it'll be a downer. But if they redo the assets than it'll be great. It's a matter of how they go about it.
True but, I rather have them developing a new game, than constantly reworking their old works. However if it is outsourced to a third company, like Zelda Oot 3D(Grezzo), in that case I won't mind.
To be honest in my opinion remakes are just proof that a studio has run out of steam, and reason why we will never see remakes of certain games done in house.
Old 2011-12-04, 16:29   Link #212
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
True but, I rather have them developing a new game, than constantly reworking their old works. However if it is outsourced to a third company, like Zelda Oot 3D(Grezzo), in that case I won't mind.
To be honest in my opinion remakes are just proof that a studio has run out of steam, and reason why we will never see remakes of certain games done in house.
A remake isn't bad when the game never see's a region. If it's already been released in the states than it's just the company milking the IP.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:02   Link #213
bobjoemac

Super pumped for NA release! Bought the EU version and am 60ish hours in best RPG i've played since PS1 days, although the PS2 Suikoden game were pretty good.

Going to have to buy a NA copy now!

Pre-order it now guys or it'll be one of those sleeper hits that not many people bought and become super rare and expensive on ebay like Earthbound and Suikoden II.

It really is a freaking amazing game get pumped!
bobjoemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 13:15   Link #214
Zakoo

60 hours? Meeh you still have some time before you: took me 120 hours to finish it nearly fully. Count the start game+ and it's one of the longest game ever created.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 15:12   Link #215
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Hi everyone.

I got a question about Reyn fourth skill tree. Right now I have finished the pre quests for do the quest for get the skill tree but some reason the High Entia who gives Reyn the quest doesn't have the quest icon. Do I need to have a level 3 or higher affection with Colony 9 for get the quest?

Also would love to share that this game is great. Right now I have almost 70 hours playing this game and in the story I'm in Central Factory but took a break for get fourth skill trees for everyone. Right now only have done the quests for Melia, Dunban and 7th.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 10:29   Link #216
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Spoiler for Metal Face:
Spoiler for Metal Face:

So I finally finished this game at something like 160+ hours. It was quite a ride. But I disagree with the development team's statement of the game will leave me feeling "fully satisfied". The ending basically leaves you stranded like so many other JRPGs' do and doesn't even resolve character relationships that have been building during the entire game.

While the story is presented and told well, I find it a bit disappointing that it was yet another
Spoiler for story:

I missed lots of optional skill trees in this playthrough. I'm not sure what I did wrong, as I've done lots and lots of quests (300+). The ones I've unlocked are Shulk's 5th, Reyn's 5th, Dunban's 5th, Melia's 4th and the seventh character's 4th. I hate missing things.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:06   Link #217
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I can't believe more people haven't played this. This is, hands down, the best JRPG I've played since the PS2 era.

And, I almost missed it, as the Wii is the one console I don't have. If it wasn't for a friend who's 'game' collection consists of Wii Fitness and Mario Kart, I would have.

Leave it to Tetsuya Takahashi to show me that the type of JRPGs I once loved aren't dead.

Now, if Hironobu Sakaguchi's Last Story ends up being great as well, I may just have to get a Wii, as it's become obvious no one is making great JRPGs for the 360 or PS3.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 12:09   Link #218
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I can't believe more people haven't played this. This is, hands down, the best JRPG I've played since the PS2 era.
You can't believe that more people, on a predominately US based forum, haven't played a game that's on a region locked system that won't be released in the US for at least another 5 weeks?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:50   Link #219
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can't believe that more people, on a predominately US based forum, haven't played a game that's on a region locked system that won't be released in the US for at least another 5 weeks?
The region lock is easily broken/bypassed, so that's not a good reason.
Old 2012-02-17, 18:00   Link #220
GDB

It's a good enough reason when you add in all the other obstacles.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote