AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 23:07   Link #161
Oppius
Banned

Enough with K-On! defense and onto the the other show.

While nobody seems to hate Magikano but I found that I am the only people who actually enjoyed it. It more like "ignored" than "hated" at best.
Old 2009-09-13, 23:16   Link #162
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Inuyasha. I love it, since I've kind of grown up with it and all, but my friend doesn't. He really gave me a hard time today when he saw me get an Inuyasha pillow from the local fair. He's quite convinced that it's like DBZ, but aimed towards girls. Though honestly, the show's not that bad.
Old 2009-09-14, 00:40   Link #163
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Finally came across one that I can somewhat list as an answer to the topic question. Happened while I was marathoning some older series that I missed. I crossed by one called Shigurui that I discovered through a very negative review and I decided to give it a shot just to see how bad it was as I don't think I've come across anyone that's actually praised it either yet (outside of one other review that I quite recently read after finishing it). I wouldn't say I loved it (far from it actually as there were quite a few notable flaws in it) but to my surprise I actually rather enjoyed it for what it was, especially the second half. First half was rather slow and for that reason it's not an easy series to jump into nor is it very appealing to those with a weak stomach because it gets very grotesque at times.
Old 2009-09-14, 04:24   Link #164
Somnium
Cogito, ergo sum

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning..
Send a message via ICQ to Somnium Send a message via Yahoo to Somnium
Yu-Gi-Oh:Everyone thinks it's a kids show and I suppose in it's dubbed version it is but not in the import.

Cowboy Bebop: Though only god knows why they hate it.
Old 2009-09-14, 05:05   Link #165
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
Cowboy Bebop: Though only god knows why they hate it.
Really 0_o i only know of one person who disliked Bebop and his reasons were because almost every episode was filler.
Old 2009-09-14, 05:07   Link #166
lubczyk

While everyone was pissing themselves over Gundam 00, I was watching Tytania. A far superior show in my opinion. Gundam 00 was the same Gundam drek Sunrise has been turning out since Wing.

Oh, and every Gundam fan I know hates Turn A Gundam. It's one o the best, in my opinion. Finally, a character driven Gundam show where the war isn't senseless.
Old 2009-09-14, 05:45   Link #167
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
While everyone was pissing themselves over Gundam 00, I was watching Tytania. A far superior show in my opinion. Gundam 00 was the same Gundam drek Sunrise has been turning out since Wing.

Oh, and every Gundam fan I know hates Turn A Gundam. It's one o the best, in my opinion. Finally, a character driven Gundam show where the war isn't senseless.
Yes this makes perfect sense, Sunrise has apparently been turning out drek since Gundam Wing, yet you go on to say you love Turn A Gundam, which of course came well after Gundam Wing. That just makes perfect sense. And speaking of Turn A Gundam, I don't know about you, but everyone I've talked to loves the show and I've known some people who normally seem to hate Gundam (i.e lubyczyk) or who are indifferent to it (i.e Kaoru Chujo) to like the show as well. It's like the perfect bridge series I've found so ultimately everything you have said in this post makes absolutely no sense to me and just comes across as a chance to slight Gundam 00.

Anyway seeing as how what you replied with wasn't at all what the topic was asking for (where did you get anime you hate that other people like and you are butthurt over as a result?) I'll now offer Moetan as an anime that I like but everyone else hates. It's just a stupid little loli fanservice show that for some reason had everybody all in an uproar, but I enjoyed it nonetheless and found it kind of funny in just how shameless it was. Needless is kind of the successor to it in a way.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-09-14 at 06:16.
Old 2009-11-17, 22:05   Link #168
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh:Everyone thinks it's a kids show and I suppose in it's dubbed version it is but not in the import.
I won't lie.
I almost cried in a certain episode when i was watching the sub,it was awesome.
Old 2009-11-17, 22:43   Link #169
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmmm, I'll have to also agree with Yugioh...Original Yugi (even the 4crap dub) if you garbage-pail all the kiddy-friendship stuff there are loads of cool episodes and strategically smart duels...Especially the "Team A" episodes which are visually superb...The final season of the show was borderline brilliant IMO with how the duels reverted back to the ancient Egyptian game, and the final boss (Dark Bakura) is a cooler villain than I've seen in many super-serious anime...If you get past the perception of it being kid-stuff it's really damn good overall...My guilty admission is that I actually enjoy the dub music more than the sub for most duels as it's high energy in the dub, but more plotting and tonal in the sub...Kaiba's theme song used to rock! ^0^...

I'm also watching the current Yugioh 5d's....For what it's worth it's awesome too, but unlike Original Yugioh it's instant gratification with no duel ever lasting past 2 eps...It's more hardcore too with less friend stuff...LOL I'm sure many hate it^^...Unfortunately I never watched the 2nd Yugi series as it seemed lame as hell with all that duel academy crap, so I don't mind who hates that one...Yugioh season 0 (The prequel series) is the sickest of them all as that $hit was never meant to be seen by children with all that violence...But many people just hate on this franchise because they're little brother has duel cards stuck in the sides of the sofa...It doesn't deserve the hate...
Old 2009-11-17, 23:04   Link #170
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

Kaze no Stigma is one for me. Some complain that it ended abruptly and whatnot, but I think they ended it well enough so that if it ends there it's good, and if they make more episodes it'll be good too.
Old 2009-11-18, 02:27   Link #171
Oppius
Banned

Kannazuki no Miko. I don't think I need explanation on this one.
Old 2009-11-18, 02:37   Link #172
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Seitokai no Ichizon: I don't get why half the world hates this show, but I'll keep laughing through all the references I get and enjoy the show for what it's worth.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-11-18, 05:44   Link #173
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Seitokai no Ichizon: I don't get why half the world hates this show, but I'll keep laughing through all the references I get and enjoy the show for what it's worth.
True, but I guess they just don't find it interesting enough. I like this one though. XD
Old 2009-11-18, 05:51   Link #174
Uchiha Soul

One of my favorite is Nana... people dont actually hate it but I don’t find anyone talk about it, either they don’t know it or don’t like it... I mean it deserve more popularity imo.

Last edited by Uchiha Soul; 2009-11-18 at 06:11.
Old 2009-11-18, 06:03   Link #175
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
White Album. I didn't actually love it, but I thought it was decent.
Old 2009-11-18, 09:29   Link #176
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I love Inuyasha, one of my first and favourite animes, although I look at it in a more mature way.
Old 2009-11-18, 10:31   Link #177
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I love Inuyasha, one of my first and favourite animes, although I look at it in a more mature way.
I really liked InuYasha for a long time. I didn't know that it was prominently hated... but if it is, then yeah, it's an anime that I like that a lot of other people hate.
Old 2009-11-18, 11:19   Link #178
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Anyway seeing as how what you replied with wasn't at all what the topic was asking for (where did you get anime you hate that other people like and you are butthurt over as a result?) I'll now offer Moetan as an anime that I like but everyone else hates. It's just a stupid little loli fanservice show that for some reason had everybody all in an uproar, but I enjoyed it nonetheless and found it kind of funny in just how shameless it was.
Oh if it's any consolation, I find Moetan HILARIOUS.

Quote:
Kannazuki no Miko. I don't think I need explanation on this one.
This one gets love-hate from me. Like everything about it except for Chikane. But SoumaxHimeko, art, story, MUSIC is ALL

Please....no flames?

Last edited by Chiibi; 2009-11-18 at 11:31.
Old 2009-11-18, 12:00   Link #179
Akira Kogami
LC Host

Send a message via MSN to Akira Kogami
PoKeMon. I adore PoKeMoN but everyone else seems sick of it. Personally, I am sick of it too but I'm still a major fan of the Kanto/Johto region series. Also, I read the manga often with much enthusiasim.

I take pleasure in watching Beyblade, Bakugan, YGO! and Tenchi Muyo. People think Beyblade/Bakugan/YGO is childish while Tenchi Muyo is sexist and perverted. However, it doesn't phase me. I still enjoy each individual show and see it in my own way even if I do understand their views. At the end of the day, they can't change my mind and stop me being a fan just because they happen not to like/agree with it.
Old 2009-11-18, 15:36   Link #180
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
White Album. I didn't actually love it, but I thought it was decent.
Same,when i finished the last episode of season 1 i was like ''FINALLY!!''
but now i kinda miss it.