AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-24, 17:12   Link #121
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Have you noticed some of the tracks on OST 2 didn't really appear on the series, I'm talking specifically about track 8 (Maze) It's funny that they decided to include it since they left some really nice pieces out, like the "Intocabille Theme" or that music played at the "Mad Tea Party". Anyway, I don't know why, but I always tought that "Maze" was very much in the mood of the second half of the series, I suppose, by the lyrics, that it talks about the relationship between the noir candidates, it also has this medieval feeling to it that relates this song to the conceipt of "noir" from "les soldats" of the old times.

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-10-24 at 19:55.
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 11:41   Link #122
Shigan
Forever a Journey

But then, the intocabille song wasn't all that long, say 30 secs? Maybe it would have felt choppy to include that as a track.

Bah, with the divinity of Canta per Me, I'm very veeeeeeeeery satisfied. ^^
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:28   Link #123
MartAnimE
willingness to die

And there's also the karaoke version of "Lullaby", which was so wonderfully used on episode 12 (Chloe's episode) on that scene when she kills that german guy and leaves an alpin flower as a symbol of the general's revenge... that scene was so dramatically beautiful, and mostly because of the background music... and the track is also not included anywhere...
And, yeah, "Canta per Me" is just sublime! One of the first things that made me realize how good this anime was gonna be when I was watching the first episode for the first time...
Old 2004-10-29, 07:47   Link #124
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I've just noticed something...

Episode 6: Kirika was talking in russian to the cat when she asked his name... otherwise, Nazarov wouldn't be able to understand her question and answer it... isn't it odd? I mean, not many sane people use to speak to themselves aloud like that, not to mention she was talking to a cat, strangely enough as it is, she was speaking in a language that is not her natural one, so she must have thought that the cat, being in Russia, was indeed only able to understand her if she talked in russian...
Do you think this was an intentional convinient language mistake or would Kirika really talk russian when addressing to a russian cat...?
I like the second hipotesis better... it sounds cutter
Old 2004-11-02, 08:31   Link #125
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Canta per Me = droolworthy. I haven't heard any anime OST tracks as incredibly atmospheric or memorable as CPM ot its derivatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5
...and it does make a very good crossover for those who don't really watch anime, but aren't averse to it -- after all, I'm here now, aren't I? I went from "maybe watches a Miyazaki film now and then" to "combs through forums and fansub lists looking for scraps of anything that might be good" obsessive Bee-Train fan in a mere 6 months. All thanks to Noir.
Absolutely. I was also one of those casual Miyazaki-ers for a while. In fact, I saw anime several times in the past and didn't like it. For me, I think the turning point was FMP, then Noir, because I'd read about it in a Newtype magazine I had somehow randomly stumbled across before I watched anime seriously. The article had made such an impact on me all those years ago, I suppose that's my start.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 16:05   Link #126
Shigan
Forever a Journey

*waves*

Me too, kinda. The cursed serie re-directed 70% of my writing interest into fanfiction... *sigh* -_-
Old 2004-11-02, 18:14   Link #127
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
*waves*

Me too, kinda. The cursed serie re-directed 70% of my writing interest into fanfiction... *sigh* -_-
While I haven't gone that far, I have been thinking about taking up drawing again... It's been a while...

"*sigh*" indeed.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 01:15   Link #128
guess

Can't believe that I still read this thread once a while. I found this on some other forum and thought people here might be interested. It's a really LONG thread but I kinda see some very interesting posts there. Take a look if you don't mind long discussion:
http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_...hl=Noir#114390
Old 2004-11-08, 18:57   Link #129
justice_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Are you sure? Noir can be a bit... "heavy" if you've actually never have watched anime before, especally around the first ten episodes (which doesn't make them bad in any way, ep6 is... *bawls*)
Not true... (in my case anyway)
Noir was the first anime I saw and immidiatly got hooked on it... So did a friend of mine it showed it to... And I haven't found another anime since that could rival it...
Sure there's alot of great animes out there... but Noir is the only one I've rewatched 4 times and still think of seeing again...
justice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 19:46   Link #130
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice_man
but Noir is the only one I've rewatched 4 times and still think of seeing again...
Heh. I'm up to 11.

Since May.

(would have been more, but Madlax distracted me for a while...)

It's not the first anime I ever saw, but I never really bothered with it before this.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 13:24   Link #131
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Lol, I've re-seen the last 9 eps or so least 9 times. 11, wow. o_o
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-12-12, 22:17   Link #132
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
Noir question

Hmm I dont know if anyone asked bout this before but i'm gonna ask again anywayz. I heard on another forum about Noir season 2.

I had given up all hope on waiting for Noir season 2. But this has given me new found hope.

On the other anime forum they said at this years anime expo the director and creator of Noir will be there releasing information on a supposed Noir season 2. Anyone have any info on this or know if its true.

Thanks for the help
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 21:58   Link #133
Jessiepuff

Noir - If you have dvds 2 or 4, I need help ^^;

Well, this is the only place I found suitable enough to post this, so sorry if this isn't where it belongs. XD;;;

I lost my Noir 2 and 4 dvd cases when I went to Spain, and thank gosh I still have the discs! If there is anybody who has a scanner and is willing to scan the covers for me and send over the fully scanned images in their original sizes (the bigger the better), I'd appreciate it soooo much! Not looking for the thinpack cases.. ^^;;

I scanned my case 5 so that you guys can see what I need...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mori/cover.jpg
Thank you so much, guys. ^.^
Jessiepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:20   Link #134
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I would, but unfortunately I only have the thinpak. If no one can provide you with the full size ones, PM me and I'll send you the thinpak and you can try cutting it into two pieces to get it to fit.
Old 2006-02-19, 11:32   Link #135
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I would, but unfortunately I only have the thinpak. If no one can provide you with the full size ones, PM me and I'll send you the thinpak and you can try cutting it into two pieces to get it to fit.
How did you get the thinpack? How do you do search on it? I know companies do release thinpack but I don't know how to look for it. It also applies for all anime, not just noir. Thank you.
Old 2006-02-19, 21:39   Link #136
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
How did you get the thinpack? How do you do search on it? I know companies do release thinpack but I don't know how to look for it. It also applies for all anime, not just noir. Thank you.
Well, I bought it (not really sure what the context of the first question is). I believe the actual name is "Noir Complete Collection". (Here's a link to purchase the Noir one: http://dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=660781). Usually if it's a legitimate R1 release and it's a complete collection from ADV or Geneon, that means it's a thinpack. If you're looking on Ebay, the easiest way to tell is to look up the R1 release on DVD Pacific and compare it to the picture shown. You should also look at the number of discs, thinpacks usually have the same number of discs as if you had bought them separately (for instance, Noir was on 7 discs and the thinpack also has 7 discs). Newer ADV releases use fewer discs, but usually only one or two fewer.

Geneon's thinpacks are actually twice as thin, as they put two discs in each case.
Old 2006-05-26, 19:55   Link #137
stretch87
Anime Addict

i've never been so happy as i was when i finally finished this series. every 20 minute episode felt like an eterity of torture. i thought i would have liked it beause girls with guns is one of my favourite genres, but this just sucked

first of all, they played that annoying melody at least once every episode. it started to drive me crazy after hearing it 30+ times. it wasn't even an moving melody like the one from elfen lied.

secondly, i've never seen so many bloodless one shot kills since the days of 007 for nintendo 64. seriously, what the hell was with that! every one of those generic thugs were killed in a singel shot, and they were never shot in the head even once.

every firefight so unbelievable predictable it was painful to watch

if you like girls with guns or action anime in general, do yourself a favoure by skipping this title and moving on the something worthwhile like Gunslinger Girl

and please don't try to argue that noir is a "deep", meningful anime, because clearly it's no deeper than the puddle of rain water on my driveway
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 04:10   Link #138
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

normally that type of violent shows are not my cup of tea, but i wouldnt say it was that bad.

the first 3 discs did indeed keep you intrigued with alot of suspense and plot development. the killing was numerous but none graphic at all. its true that the middle to end didnt arrive at an absolute truth that most viewers thought would be at the goal, but the ending was fitting for the series. i would have liked the plot with millefeu's childhood friend to have been expanded on more than just some random challenge between the two. but then it was never meant to be a deep anime to start with.

you can find the thin pack at most bestbuy stores, ebay, or rightstuf.com its pretty cheap i think
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 09:13   Link #139
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I really enjoyed that series, a 2nd season would be more the welcome.

If they keep the watch and flashback out if it, it will be perfect

Give us more Mireille vs Kirika! I thought Mireille would get taken down but she held her own.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 10:50   Link #140
Haruhara

hmm, its been a while since i saw this series, one of my old favourites.

I can't remember much about the plot, the whole Grande Retour thing was odd. What I liked the most was the development of the relationships between the girls, which blew me away when it reached its climax.

My favourite character was Chloe, because she went from throwing knives in people's faces to having stories read to her in bed. How cute.
Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote