AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 11:29   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I figured Keiji was impersonating Naoe as soon as they mentioned she was a master of disguise. Her reaction when Muneakira touched her was a dead giveaway. Afterward, she kept acting out of character (way too confident) so this confirmed my suspicion. She seems like a promising character. Can't wait to see her sexually harassing the girls

Juubei-san's return was actually a bit underwhelming. I thought it would take a lot more than a little training to bring her back. Having her remain in this form even outside of battle is a good idea. I'm dying to see her interact with Gisen. Maybe the latter's fantasies will finally come true.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:45   Link #382
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I figured Keiji was impersonating Naoe as soon as they mentioned she was a master of disguise. Her reaction when Muneakira touched her was a dead giveaway. Afterward, she kept acting out of character (way too confident) so this confirmed my suspicion. She seems like a promising character. Can't wait to see her sexually harassing the girls

Juubei-san's return was actually a bit underwhelming. I thought it would take a lot more than a little training to bring her back. Having her remain in this form even outside of battle is a good idea. I'm dying to see her interact with Gisen. Maybe the latter's fantasies will finally come true.
You're talking about the specials aren't you? I doubt that would happen, but would be amusing.

Also that Umbrella that Maeda has, I forgot what it is called in Japan. I know they have a special name for it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 18:04   Link #383
DorkingtonPugsly

Ahh now I see why (Naoe) flipped out when Muneaikra touched her. I was thinking that was an unusual reaction. Haha.

And yes Maeda Keiji. This time we only got a little bit from her but I'm hoping I'll get to see more from now on.
She's absolutely gorgeous! Noto Mamiko did a great job, she sounded exactly as I had hoped and envisioned. And my two favorite characters were osanajimi? That's a reason to celebrate! I want to see the backstory because little Naoe's cute too...

I wonder how she came to hate men though... kinda curious.
Old 2013-05-11, 19:06   Link #384
Nvis
Where are the good animes

When will Beta-chan and the maid get "winged"?

Or maybe even Maeda!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:34   Link #385
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Ahh now I see why (Naoe) flipped out when Muneaikra touched her. I was thinking that was an unusual reaction. Haha.
It was wasn't it ? But I like how not of us ever suspected Kanetsugu to be that retarded when in the flashbacks she was clearly there in the room
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:43   Link #386
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was wasn't it ? But I like how not of us ever suspected Kanetsugu to be that retarded when in the flashbacks she was clearly there in the room
I felt something was off, I deduce that it was Maeda was impersonating Kanetsugu half-way through the episode when she appeared in the beginning. I knew there is no way that was just the end of Maeda since there was already plenty of clues such as what Maeda specialty was, how all traps that Kanetsugu manages to laid out was perfectly correct while in the first season all her traps failed, and then she didn't have her usual hammer with her. She kept that thing close to her, every episode she is present her hammer is always there so her hammer not appearing for the entire duration was a clue.

The only thing I am surprise about is that the producers kept her outfit the same from the Light Novel and I was happy about it, since these days anime is restricted of highly sexual contents I was sure her tights would not have her butt crack showing.
Old 2013-05-11, 21:16   Link #387
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I felt something was off, I deduce that it was Maeda was impersonating Kanetsugu half-way through the episode when she appeared in the beginning. I knew there is no way that was just the end of Maeda since there was already plenty of clues such as what Maeda specialty was, how all traps that Kanetsugu manages to laid out was perfectly correct while in the first season all her traps failed, and then she didn't have her usual hammer with her. She kept that thing close to her, every episode she is present her hammer is always there so her hammer not appearing for the entire duration was a clue.
That's my point

Nobody was suspicious of Kanetsugu being that stupid even though she was in the room listening the whole time

Quote:
The only thing I am surprise about is that the producers kept her outfit the same from the Light Novel and I was happy about it, since these days anime is restricted of highly sexual contents I was sure her tights would not have her butt crack showing.
Hyakka Ryouran has full nudity showing, I don't think they're concern with revealing clothes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 21:35   Link #388
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Nobody was suspicious of Kanetsugu being that stupid even though she was in the room listening the whole time

Hyakka Ryouran has full nudity showing, I don't think they're concern with revealing clothes.
Man... I feel bad now, from the way you put it... I feel like I've betrayed my waifu. Ow... it hurts...

Haha yeah revealing clothes are the least of concerns on this show. Some lush butt cleavage can't hurt.
Old 2013-05-11, 21:36   Link #389
takai
Easy Muffin

Plot-wise, this was a great episode. In general, it was a great episode. Now that Gisen has seen that the other Jyubei is back, I'm really hoping she becomes legitimately interested in joining Muneakira. Not sure if she's going to have to kiss him or not. Probably since that's how Jyubei got her powers back.

I missed Kanetsugu the whole time.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 21:37   Link #390
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
That's my point

Well I saw the censored version so that is why.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:07   Link #391
bumbayker

Keiji turned out better than I expected. I doubt she'll become a master samurai though in this series as she hates/fears men. Not to mention she'd be overpowered if she was. I wonder though if they'll ever provide a backstory why she's like that.

Now the question now is who will become the samurai bride? Its heavily leaning towards Juubei but I wonder if its possible for all of the girls to be one.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:43   Link #392
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Not really, it depends on the animation studio and the source material. I mean deen isn't known for doing scantily-clad stuff and they half-heartedly managed to pull off Dai-sensei in her swimsuit properly. Anime has never been restricted. They might be anal and throw laser beams, but you can't really call it "restricted." Plus this is samurai girls. They ditched the plot for ecchi. Any series licensed by Hobby will have boobs its a given. They practically sell 2D ero.

I'm more bummed out that we won't see Juubei's new
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post

Now the question now is who will become the samurai bride? Its heavily leaning towards Juubei but I wonder if its possible for all of the girls to be one.
Highly doubt it. It seems like she'll be their mentor. More than anything she gives off a Daidouji vibe from Senran Kagura + that old man perversion.

Can Gisen out ero her?

Poor Charles... no screen-time at all.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:32   Link #393
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I doubt she'll become a master samurai though in this series as she hates/fears men.

There's always the accidental kiss.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 02:25   Link #394
msg

^ lol you never know... .

hmm...you know keiji maeda was a cover girl in vol 13.Not even gisen has her own single cover...(then again vol.14 is throwing me out of the loop)

anyway...

Spoiler for just to point out the main difference:
Old 2013-05-12, 06:40   Link #395
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I don't get Maeda and Kanetsugu's relationship, it didn't show Maeda's young self in the flashback but Kanetsugu's and Yukimura's. So was she a spectator during all that or?

Anyways, it's a good episode, nice to see badass Juubei back, but yeah the method was kinda lame. Hope to see her say more "onii-chan" though. xD
Old 2013-05-12, 07:15   Link #396
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I don't get Maeda and Kanetsugu's relationship, it didn't show Maeda's young self in the flashback but Kanetsugu's and Yukimura's. So was she a spectator during all that or?
My guess is Studio ARMS didn't have the budget to animate a scene with Kanetsugu and Keiji together for this episode and just used stock animation from season one with Yukimura instead.
Old 2013-05-12, 07:54   Link #397
Candyshark

Is "awakened Juubei" even voiced by Aoi Yuuki? From screechy to awesome that it is something. Not that am I complaining but want to hear more of this Juubei. Maeda fits right in with her antics. Why I have a feeling a lot of her training will involve breastgroping and close body contacts. Though the plot hardly there fun factor picking up for me.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:39   Link #398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Is "awakened Juubei" even voiced by Aoi Yuuki? From screechy to awesome that it is something. Not that am I complaining but want to hear more of this Juubei. Maeda fits right in with her antics. Why I have a feeling a lot of her training will involve breastgroping and close body contacts. Though the plot hardly there fun factor picking up for me.
Yes, she's voiced by Aoi Yuuki. Awesome range, huh?
Old 2013-05-12, 11:33   Link #399
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Yoko Hikasa now thats a awesome range.

At the Samurai Girl pacing they can probably make the anime indefinitely as long as the novel is still going on. All they need to do is introduce 5ish new characters every season.

The pacing is pretty much Ikkitousen-like...
Old 2013-05-12, 20:30   Link #400
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Yoko Hikasa now thats a awesome range.

At the Samurai Girl pacing they can probably make the anime indefinitely as long as the novel is still going on. All they need to do is introduce 5ish new characters every season.

The pacing is pretty much Ikkitousen-like...
Yoko Hikasa voices Miyamoto Musashi. I thought her voice was quite obvious though a bit on the low octave. That's why the ending song is sung by her and Aki Toyosaki.

As for the anime it doesn't really have to keep up to the light novel as it's following its own plot. It will definitely have an anime original ending like the first season. I'm not sure though if another season will be produced after this since BD sales seems to be quite dismal. Unless Hobby Japan decides to cough out the budget for it.

Tags
ecchi, harem