AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 59 51.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-21, 23:05   Link #41
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
With the memory loss revealed, it carries a heavier implication to Red Rider's and Purple King's relationship. KYH unknowingly destroyed their relationship and Purple King's grudge is more justified.
Meaning that Purple Thorn in real-life still recognizes Red Rider, even if his memories were erased? Whatever made KYH to did that, someone else must have pulled the string over there.

Quote:
Now then, the ARG anticipated this memory loss and added their own feature by making sure the BIC is also dissolved with BB. They are quite thorough.
And it also implies that the ARG is responsible for illegally-distributing the BIC, is it?

Quote:
You have to wonder though what was the creator's true goal with this game. I am getting similar vibes to SAO...
Any similarities?

Quote:
With Fuko rejoining NN, the legion is becoming a significant force. I am sure the kings will not ignore this development.
Sure... having a level 8 Burst Linker is indeed a significant boost for NN. Of course the other legions couldn't care less of its growing strength.
Old 2012-09-21, 23:09   Link #42
Kmos

Very good arc ending episode, doesn't feel like a finale. It leaves the impression there's more coming and I hope there is. If there's more, great. If that was the finale it's somewhat lacking and I'd have to hit up the LNs later on (was going to do so anyway but will hold if s2).

Taku remained armless... Chiyu needed to recover his arms so he can get in on killing blow. Noumi's scene there is fitting, he's either going to not care cause it's a game and there'll be more games or cry like a baby as shown. I wonder about Chiyu's ability since it's level and time based. Specifically the time based part of it, real time or game time? I haven't followed too closely on everyone's leveling or real timeline, good excuse to re-watch when I get a chance. Also, they showed those two girls but didn't show Crikin!
Old 2012-09-22, 00:29   Link #43
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i notice the train scene and wassup with the art

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-22, 00:33   Link #44
Bombo
TSF Fans

10/10 and best moment in last part , I like it and i hope to see more and more season without stop
I love this series . ><

edit :
*The hug from KYH and gauge animation is so funny ....Over kill lol .

Last edited by Bombo; 2012-09-22 at 00:49.
Old 2012-09-22, 00:35   Link #45
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...really wanted Haru to punch that student from before...perhaps outside of school...or maybe its just me who really want to curb stomp that guy...

...i still feel bad for Taku who just got sidelined again...

...if Chiyu's powers can be further advanced then perhaps she can reset time to make opponents' lvl back to 1...that would be OP though...

...something about the way this arc been setup doesnt set too well for me but whatever...that f***face Noumi is gone so all is well...although...should have smashed his face into a mirror after meeting him again...but thats just the crazy me talking...Haru is a pure pure boy...

...enjoyed it...look forward to season 2...

...btw...although seeing naked winged Haru is all fine and dandy...i rather prefer my bacon cooked not raw...especially with no feathers...the fat is fine...it adds flavour...

Last edited by Bahamut; 2012-09-22 at 00:51.
Old 2012-09-22, 00:49   Link #46
Trajan
Six Shooter

A good episode, and an enjoyable final arc, in the end. I also applaud the staff for actually putting together a well-animated final episode, which hasn't been the norm for series like this as of late.

Of course, Chiyu's plan didn't really make any more sense than Nomi's ("I can't tell you about my secret plan b/c Nomi might have bugged me, but I've been emailing Hime all week long about what's really been going on, b/c as Haru knows from personal experience, email is totally secure . . .") nor put much faith in Haru:

Chiyu: "I wanted to wait until just before Nomi beat you to steal your wings back, to really rub it in."
Haru: "Wait, you thought I was going to lose?"
C: ". . ."
H: "What if I would have beaten Nomi before you had a chance to "heal" him? What would happen to my wings then?"
C: "Well, uhhh . . . [rips off shirt] look at my boobs again!"
Old 2012-09-22, 00:55   Link #47
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

Chiyu: "I wanted to wait until just before Nomi beat you to steal your wings back, to really rub it in."
H: "What if I would have beaten Nomi before you had a chance to "heal" him? What would happen to my wings then?"
C: "Well, uhhh . . . [rips off shirt] look at my boobs again!"
...oh yeah that strip scene never made sense to me...wtf was up with that?
...i thought i was watching a scene adapted from a doujinshi or something...
Old 2012-09-22, 01:01   Link #48
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Of course, Chiyu's plan didn't really make any more sense than Nomi's ("I can't tell you about my secret plan b/c Nomi might have bugged me, but I've been emailing Hime all week long about what's really been going on, b/c as Haru knows from personal experience, email is totally secure . . .") nor put much faith in Haru:

Well, as was mentioned a few times over the weeks, the old adage of "to deceive your enemy, first you must deceive your friend" comes to mind. Whether she was being bugged or not, the less they knew the better. They might have done or said something that would have tipped him off, and then the whole plan would fail. She only had one shot (plus she had to wait until she had levelled-up enough to turn back enough time).

And I don't think she wanted to wait until Noumi beat Haru, but she couldn't play her card too soon. She actually waited until Haru almost had Noumi beat even without his wings, so it was clear that -- if she played her card then and it worked -- the battle outcome would be clear.

Considering the situation, it wasn't a terribly illogical plan, but it was one of the few options she had given the nature of her special ability. Of course so many issues would have been solved if they had just all worked as a team the whole time (including getting Kuroyukihime involved way earlier)... but then we wouldn't have a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...oh yeah that strip scene never made sense to me...wtf was up with that?
...i thought i was watching a scene adapted from a doujinshi or something...
It was a rather... direct... way of trying to communicate to Haru that she was still actually loyal to him despite appearances. She couldn't explain what she was up to in words, so she used her body to communicate her true feelings. It's a rather... unorthodox approach, I'll grant that.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:16   Link #49
bluelittledino

I only can say this episode is a perfect end for a good anime....

Really satisfied watching Accel World
Old 2012-09-22, 01:19   Link #50
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
And I don't think she wanted to wait until Noumi beat Haru, but she couldn't play her card too soon. She actually waited until Haru almost had Noumi beat even without his wings, so it was clear that -- if she played her card then and it worked -- the battle outcome would be clear.
You're right. I screwed up my imagined dialogue a bit, but it was still a bit reckless of Chiyu to wait until the end of the fight. What if Nomi had cut off her other arm (and thus presumably, no Citron Call)? What if Haru had killed Nomi before Chiyu had a chance to use Call, etc. Of course, that makes the episode less interesting, and in the end it's not really important, since this isn't the type of show one watches for the complexity of its plots and intrigues.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:29   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
You're right. I screwed up my imagined dialogue a bit, but it was still a bit reckless of Chiyu to wait until the end of the fight. What if Nomi had cut off her other arm (and thus presumably, no Citron Call)? What if Haru had killed Nomi before Chiyu had a chance to use Call, etc.
Well... of course, there are possibilities of failure, but it's not that likely. Noumi set Chiyu up to double-cross them in the first place, so in that scenario him hurting her such that she couldn't heal him wasn't a very likely scenario (possible, sure, but an extreme outside chance at best). And Noumi being killed that quickly also wasn't so likely -- he's a formidable opponent, so it would take more than a single sudden hit to drain his whole HP. Of course, that isn't to say there weren't some risks (she knew that very clearly)... but that's basically why she was trying to mitigate it as much as possible by not telling anyone and waiting for the right moment.

I would say that Chiyu's gamble was actually a lot less than the gamble that Haru and Taku made in agreeing to that "winner takes all" fight in the first place.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:05   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, who'd have thought Noumi was one brain burst away from being moe moe kyun.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:41   Link #53
Dr. Casey

I didn't expect him to be quite that perky, but I knew that he was a perfectly good kid before his traumas. He turned into a rather shitty person because of the things he went through, but I can forgive that because he's just a kid that went through enough bad things to turn him a little crazy. Glad to see him be given a clean slate, hopefully life will treat him better now that Brain Burst is a thing of the past.

It sure is suffering to be Taku, though, as the old meme goes... I almost thought it was funny in a twisted kind of way, the armless Taku watching everyone else hug each other after their victory and bro(sis?)fist each other. "Wow guys, sure must be nice to have limbs, huh?" And on the complete opposite end of the luck spectrum, KYH sure did get affectionate with Haru. I wish I had a smoldering, intense raven-haired hottie rubbing herself over me.

See ya for now, Accel World. You were a great ride, and judging by the DVD sales I'm far from the only person who thinks so. Can't wait for the inevitable second season.
Old 2012-09-22, 04:39   Link #54
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
Taku remained armless... Chiyu needed to recover his arms so he can get in on killing blow.
I like to think that after that scene, she went do some stage destruction to fill her special bar and recovered his arms
Old 2012-09-22, 05:01   Link #55
judasmartel
*Author

All I could say about the ending is... HOLY CRAP, Chiyu. HOLY CRAP.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:20   Link #56
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
All I could say about the ending is... HOLY CRAP, Chiyu. HOLY CRAP.
Chiyu is being... Chiyu? Yeah.

I think I got an impression that Chiyu literally likes to 'troll' not only Noumi and her two best friends, but also towards many of the viewers and the fellow fans. That so-called 'NTR queen' sure has a full of surprises. ...yet can be dangerous at the same time.

I guess this fits her to be a femme fatale. Well, this is the type of a girl we mustn't mess around with.

Yes, Chiyu has literally screwing around our minds... anytime if she wants to. If dare to mess with her, and if you've affected by her 'curse'; you don't run, you're screwed.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:22   Link #57
judasmartel
*Author

Now I know why some people compare her to Misa Amane.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:27   Link #58
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Now I know why some people compare her to Misa Amane.
Misa Amane? Never heard of it. Is she a femme fatale too?
Old 2012-09-22, 05:29   Link #59
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was quite a well done and solid conclusion, which i think raised my overall impressions of the show a little bit.

It still had some noticeable flaws but they had always been there in the show so it's no point complaining now.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-09-22 at 05:40.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:29   Link #60
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Misa Amane? Never heard of it. Is she a femme fatale too?
Death Note, right?
Closed Thread