Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 21:35   Link #1001
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
"lulz", there's no preview at all. It's Neeba talking smack against Jil and the Gods, with no video to go with the words. How you can derive anything from it is just being foolish.
Thank you for agreeing with me, seeing as there was no preview...then what he said was hopeless prediction. lulz

Quote:
Or it could mean Jil and Neeba go hand in hand to the afterlife, dying to take each other down. It could easily mean many things.
Or it could mean...what l said it meant. lulz....

Quote:
Please, don't act holier than thou. The Kaaya supporters were all over Fatina when she had her moments back in episode 1.
The difference there...is that there where no moments...just one sided feelings from fatina. lulz
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:36   Link #1002
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
ok now i don't know if this really means anything, and if it weren't for the ending of the last episode i wouldn't have even noticed it too much but

http://www.druaga-anime.com/vote/index.shtml

we saw two of them thus far.
but the last two simply didn't show up.
season 3 anyone?

i don't know what about you but
Spoiler for ep11:

does seem to me like material for another season.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:39   Link #1003
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So.... Neeba had an inferiority complex toward Jil? How pathetic

More like it's Jil's time to become a martyr in order to stop his brother from destroying the world or whatever.
That is what I found funny with Neeba's betrayal. From what I saw, he was content on moving on to the after-life until the Succubus brought up being weak compared to Jil. Then he pretty much replays his betrayal from season one by flushing Jil and company back to the castle. The only thing that I like was how the animators made Neeba look bad ass by having the succubus clinging to his leg while he looked on firing the cannon.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:41   Link #1004
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Or it could mean...what l said it meant. lulz....
Or it could not. No one knows outside of Gonzo.

Quote:
The difference there...is that there where no moments...just one sided feelings from fatina. lulz
There were more sides in episode 1's moments than there was here. Kaaya seemed to be the only one who was portraying any sort of love interest vibes. Jil just seemed like a friend comforting another friend.

Jil almost comes off as one of those generic, asexual leads from a harem anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
ok now i don't know if this really means anything, and if it weren't for the ending of the last episode i wouldn't have even noticed it too much but

http://www.druaga-anime.com/vote/index.shtml

we saw two of them thus far.
but the last two simply didn't show up.
season 3 anyone?

i don't know what about you but
Spoiler for ep11:

does seem to me like material for another season.
The third one was randomly in episode 9 or 10, for like three seconds. It was the "B" design. I don't think we've seen the fourth though, but she does seem vaguely familiar. Was she maybe the sister of the one golden knight, just without her sword?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:41   Link #1005
RevRayCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Well, you can try to look at it this way for Fatina. In this current episode, Jil and Kayaa teamed up to fight Gil. They were both in sync with each other to take out Kayaa's grandfather, and now that job is done. With Neeba as the final boss, it may be Fatina's time to shine in the finale with Jil when it might be their turn to team up on a major boss.
That would be incredible, but I'm not holding my breath for Jil x Fatina anymore. It will hurt less when it doesn't happen in the last episode ;_;. It'd be awesome if the ending does something different than expected, but after episode 11, I can't see anyone but Kaaya in Jil's heart. Even if she somehow manages to die, I don't think Jil will be able to forget about her and it'd be a poor excuse for Fatina to jump in and be her replacement.

*sigh* I need to watch the final episode so I can put this show behind me. If it ends in a way that manages to surprise me, I might change my opinion... but unless that happens, to me, Druaga has become another show that breaks no boundaries nor does anything differently from any other animu out there...
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:43   Link #1006
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Something romantic only lasted roughly 40 sec, in comparsion people are treating as if the whole world has changed in that 40 sec.

so you haven't seen your best friend in 6month and you can't spare a few secs to chat. Maybe im watching too much sailor moon these day.

and BTW the BGM played during that scene is quite awesome.
40 seconds can change a lot of things when a madman is swing a weapon around.

But you wouldn't reunite with your friend and spare a few seconds to chat if someone was practically chasing after you, right? (Actually, unless you have one amazing life, you shouldn't even get into such a situation...)

Things can be awesome, but turn out to have the exact different effect when used wrong.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:56   Link #1007
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
40 seconds can change a lot of things when a madman is swing a weapon around.

But you wouldn't reunite with your friend and spare a few seconds to chat if someone was practically chasing after you, right? (Actually, unless you have one amazing life, you shouldn't even get into such a situation...)

Things can be awesome, but turn out to have the exact different effect when used wrong.
Kaaya simply apologized for her action which she felt guilty; Jil simply responded to her apology, there was little romantic feeling towards the event you are over reacting. A madman was being preoccupied by a robot at the time. Jil had no method to beat Gil without Kaaya’s help. Kaaya only resolve her guilt towards Jil about the events in season 1. The flow is logical and not unreasonable to understand. It would be perfectly be not right if Gil had his sword pointed at Jil and kaaya but simple not the case here I believe Jil had no method to counter Gil at the time and what kaaya said was reasonable and acted like anyone would have.

I would find it strange if Jil simply save kaaya and said can you fight ending it in mere seconds. I would be disappointed if Kaaya didn’t apologize considering this is their first reunion.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 21:56   Link #1008
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
There were more sides in episode 1's moments than there was here. Kaaya seemed to be the only one who was portraying any sort of love interest vibes. Jil just seemed like a friend comforting another friend.

Jil almost comes off as one of those generic, asexual leads from a harem anime.
Lulz, if you say so....all series jil showed he has feelings for kaaya...

but alas....l'm going to be humble with my pairing victory and discuss other parts of the episode from here on out.

The scene when jil gets up and moves foward to release his true love...in the background l saw the most pathetic fight.....

lulz @ evil gil swinging his sword at the pace of a slug....

How the hell are they going to climb the tower and make it in time before neeba destroys everything? or are they going to fight that damn thing from the ground?

will utu and fatina hook up?.....

l'm pretty sure we might get another cliffhanger and the whole damn thing won't be resolved until some ovas are released.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:09   Link #1009
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Well, I didn't really like this episode.

Spoiler for Druaga's circus presents:

Disappointed. really.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 22:24   Link #1010
BrokenWingz

It wasn't immortality that neeba sought it was the tower itself a weapon to defeat god.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:35   Link #1011
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So.... Neeba had an inferiority complex toward Jil? How pathetic

More like it's Jil's time to become a martyr in order to stop his brother from destroying the world or whatever.
well, all the deaths we have had so far have been minor deaths. A real main character from the good side has not died yet like in the first season. I hope it is not Fatina, Jil or Kaaya will not bother me at all. We need a tragic death from the good side.

Quote:
Kaaya simply apologized for her action which she felt guilty; Jil simply responded to her apology, there was little romantic feeling towards the event you are over reacting. A madman was being preoccupied by a robot at the time. Jil had no method to beat Gil without Kaaya’s help. Kaaya only resolve her guilt towards Jil about the events in season 1. The flow is logical and not unreasonable to understand. It would be perfectly be not right if Gil had his sword pointed at Jil and kaaya but simple not the case here I believe Jil had no method to counter Gil at the time and what kaaya said was reasonable and acted like anyone would have.

I would find it strange if Jil simply save kaaya and said can you fight ending it in mere seconds. I would be disappointed if Kaaya didn’t apologize considering this is their first reunion.
I watched the episode and I agree that the Kaaya+jil faction are kind of reading too much into that scene. I would put more value to the line about she beinhg ok because Jil is there. Jil+kaaya
is going to happen, only way it won't happen is if either or both of them die. It will be a nice surprise if Fatina takes the price though.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-03-19 at 22:55.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 22:55   Link #1012
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
It wasn't immortality that neeba sought it was the tower itself a weapon to defeat god.
You didn't get my sarcasm, did you? xD I was sarcastic over Neeba's health status, because imho, it was crap. He should have died.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:07   Link #1013
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You didn't get my sarcasm, did you? xD I was sarcastic over Neeba's health status, because imho, it was crap. He should have died.
ic,

While I believe the idea that Neeba is half immortal isn't farfetched. The succubus has been playing a large role influencing Neeba actions. For the Succubus to take such action I believe somewhere a contract was established but this is simply a theory.
Old 2009-03-19, 23:18   Link #1014
Arkard

Quote:
Apparently jerks live longer. True fact. I do think this episode was poorly done though. From the mid battle rescue to the unclimatic backstab to the ceremonial dunk. Getting tossed from the top floor into water must be to Druga what "our Princess is in another castle" was to the old school Super Mario Bros.

As for Kaaya x Jil, I think Kaaya was more dere dere mode then Jil. She's obviously thrilled he's forgiven her. Jil though is just sitting back like usual with that goofy asexual hero smile while his brother bleeds to death

Henaro betraying Gil seemed pretty obvious to me, she's been going soft on the main party for a long time, from sparing the party, healing Coopa, and sending out of all the fricking robo knights, the ICE MAGIC USER to kill them with Fatina right there...

Neeba though has some serious issues...

IMO a satisfactory ending that's not FatinaxJil would be Fatina delivering a killing blow to Neeba borrowing the surprise attack Ki taught her in episode 2! Screw me over once, shame on me, screw me over twice and...

Edit: On a side note, I've been wondering for a while now, who are the two on the Birthday Cake in the Ending Credits? I'm pretty sure the guy is Jil, and I think the girl is Kaaya, but I'm not too sure with the super deformed chibi mode.

Last edited by Arkard; 2009-03-19 at 23:21. Reason: Question
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:18   Link #1015
NoLongerSane

Well, either way the series ends in the next episode. The only thing left to guess besides 11th hour hopes for pairings is whether or not Neeba is killed off or saved in the next episode. From my stand point and from a previous episode, Utu and Fatina came with Jil to hear out Neeba and Kayaa's answer onto why they were "left behind" and how they would react after hearing their answers. It appears that Kayaa answered with her actions against Gil, and that Neeba gave his answer on how he pretty much chose power and disregarded comrades. Now the only thing that is left is which party member will be hesitate and which one will pull the verbial trigger when they meet Neeba again.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 00:06   Link #1016
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

on the cake it's chibi jilxkaaya
Old 2009-03-20, 04:35   Link #1017
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Edit: On a side note, I've been wondering for a while now, who are the two on the Birthday Cake in the Ending Credits? I'm pretty sure the guy is Jil, and I think the girl is Kaaya, but I'm not too sure with the super deformed chibi mode.
The girl is hard to tell, I first thought it was Fatina because she has a little horn sticking out, but most people think is Kaaya because of the hair color and Fatina's horns are black, but why is that little horn sticking there.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 04:46   Link #1018
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I would have liked this ep if the production values and the direction were there.

You'd think that in a penultimate episode, they'd put some production values in animation like they did in the first season. Hell, the first episode of Druaga featured Gainax/Gonzo animation. Why couldn't they pull that rabbit out for these final episodes? I don't understand that. And damn, Neeba is a total Sasuke for all intents and purposes.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 04:51   Link #1019
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
1) But oh come on...faced with absolute power like Gil how many cool ways can you think off to finish him off? I was just happy enough that everyone tried to take part (even the coward Uragon gave him a backstabbing) and what more do you want since they did devote the whole episode towards the fight, time was obviously an issue here to consider. Granted it wasn't the best defeat scene I've seen it certainly was one of the better options they could have gone with (or would you guys prefer and EVEN lamer death? ).

2) Neeba should have died but give him credits for will power at least, it seems like he is about to turn into the new druaga

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 06:15   Link #1020
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Going by how much blood he lost and where he was stabbed, yes he should have died, though Neeba isn't one to give up on such a goal he's worked most of his life to finishing. That extra push from the succubus is what he needed to get back up and finish what he started.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg