AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 11:07   Link #1
Arcion
(Anime Indepth)

Send a message via MSN to Arcion
What are the countries in the FMA world and where are they?

I know that East of the military country there is Ishbal and further east there is Xing does anyone happen to know the names of the other countries and where they are in relation to eachother?
Old 2004-06-25, 11:29   Link #2
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

I think there was a thread like this before, started by Yebyosh. I guess he might know.

There's some info in www.fullmetal-alchemist.com , have you checked that out?

And they have shown several maps in FMA before. So you might want to look at them.
Here's the link:
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/facts.php#map
Old 2004-06-25, 12:34   Link #3
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Yeah, I started a topic about this but it expired. It was used by the link given by Gravi-T though. So you could go there to check it out.

A short summary.

Amestris - the country the whole story is taking place.
Ishuvaru - annexed by Amestris. On the east side of Amestris (acutally East-South-East)
Xing - Far East of Amestris.
Creta - West of Amestris
Aorugo - South of Amestris
Drachma - North of Amestris

There was more information. The link given by Gravi-T mirrored them so check it out if you are more interested.
Old 2004-07-05, 08:48   Link #4
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

And the "Central", "Eastern" and so on are in Amestris, right?

Couldn't we list all the cities in Amestris too?

Quote:
Mount Fuji is located to the south of Youswell, in the east. Dublith, in the south, is where Izumi Curtis and her husband reside.
That's what it says on FM-A.com (fullmetal-alchemist.com).

What other cities/places are there?
And how do you spell Ed and Al's hometown?
Rizenbul, Liesenburgh, Risenpool...? There are many ways to spell it, but which would be right?
Gaah, can't come up with the cities, but Marcoh resided SOMEWHERE and so did Majihal. We need a list!
Old 2004-07-05, 08:56   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
And the "Central", "Eastern" and so on are in Amestris, right?

Couldn't we list all the cities in Amestris too?

That's what it says on FM-A.com (fullmetal-alchemist.com).

What other cities/places are there?
And how do you spell Ed and Al's hometown?
Rizenbul, Liesenburgh, Risenpool...? There are many ways to spell it, but which would be right?
Gaah, can't come up with the cities, but Marcoh resided SOMEWHERE and so did Majihal. We need a list!
Problem is that AFAIK, there is no nice official big official map of the FMA world. I've been doing a map of Amestris with some help from the manga and an Animage special but it is still very rough. As far as I know, there hasn't been any official English spelling of the Elrics' hometown... (I would love to be proven wrong on this, seriously, the same with Ishuvaru...)
Old 2004-07-07, 10:25   Link #6
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Yeah!
"Ishbal", "Ishuvaru", "Ishbar" and so on. Hmm. I wonder if they will release the spelling of the towns in the american dub.

But if you really are bored, couldn't you watch all episodes that are out and then list all of the geographical sites that are shown?
Like everytime names a town, you write it down. And if you could do that, you could even place them on your unofficial map! By listening/watching what they say and their actions. Like if they say that they are taking the South-train and so on.

Wasn't that Automail-town south from Central and on the way to Dublith? (which was the reason that Winry continued to tag along)

I need a map!
Old 2004-07-07, 23:54   Link #7
ArbalestAS

i'd like to think at least for scar's town, its spelled Ishbal or Ishbaal, since that's a spelling in the bible. it would just be cooler since there's some religious icons and stuff like the cross with the snake. but, spelling doesn't matter a lot
Old 2004-07-09, 07:24   Link #8
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbalestAS
i'd like to think at least for scar's town, its spelled Ishbal or Ishbaal, since that's a spelling in the bible. it would just be cooler since there's some religious icons and stuff like the cross with the snake. but, spelling doesn't matter a lot
According to FM-A.com:

Quote:
Isshuvaru (Ishbal)
Located east of Amestris, Isshuvaru (Ishbar, or Ishvar) was annexed by Amestris during the Ishver Civil Conflict. The cultural base may be Indian or Middle Eastern, with a suggested compromise interpretation of Persian. The Ishvarites are monotheists who do not believe in or allow alchemy, however, Ishvara means 'god' in Sanskrit. The Ishvarites' proximity to the ruined city of Xerxes (possibly destroyed through alchemical reaction) may be partly reason for their ban on Alchemy
Sanskrit is an Indian language. And if that's the spelling in Sanskrit, I think that would be the spelling in English too.
What is Ishbaal in the Bible?
Old 2004-07-11, 08:52   Link #9
sanguinivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
According to FM-A.com:
What is Ishbaal in the Bible?
I can't remember an Ishbaal, don't think there is one. But theres definitely an "Ethbaal". He was King of the Sidonians, and father of Jezebel. Jezebel married Ahab.... (refer to end of I Kings).

"Baal" was the Canaanite god of fertility (golden calf image). And the Hebrews didn't like him.

lol =) im not a bible freak

ishbal people should be called ishbalites..!
Old 2004-07-11, 14:34   Link #10
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

No, no, you're NOT a Bible freak. :P
Or maybe you watched one too many episodes of Chrno Crusade.

I want the list of towns to start now! Go go go!
Closed Thread