AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 23:04   Link #1501
Freeter
beyond

Incredible finale, easily my pick of the season. I'd even rank it over Iroha, since this cast was more likable plus the humor and drama were both spot-on. And that performance alone outdid any moment Iroha had. Heck, I can't even recall a moment in Iroha that moved me nearly as much as this one did.

And the epilogue was satisfying enough to provide closure whilst leaving the possibility of a sequel open. I've seen quite a number of shows recently that desperately try to throw some hook out there to entice audiences into supporting a second season, and thankfully this isn't one of them.

This show definitely ended on a high note. Pun fully intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PA Works needs to make a BD extra spinoff series of the girls verbally abusing Taichi. I could watch that all day
Old 2012-09-25, 00:28   Link #1502
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ultimately, I have to admit that the two guys were a little bit shafted compared to the three girls, but it wasn't too bad, imo.
The principal was even more shafted though! (´;ω;`)ブワッ

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 00:54   Link #1503
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Poor principal. Yea that bit was not the best.

The rest of the episode was great though. Life isn't always about having everything work for you just because you are a main character. Tari Tari managed a feel-good ending while still having a dose of realism without some sugary sweet ending where everything is fine and dandy and shitting out rainbows. The future is uncertain but at least the memories are there and what small group of people they reached will remember the day. And the audience of course.

And of course a butt slap joke, but PA trolls us again!

Wakana having her hair grow longer almost makes her perfect. :3 And that cat is so fat it can't move anymore. Wonder what that's supposed to represent.

Anyhow, I love you guys PA; Tari Tari seemed to just be an interesting experience of self reflection of your previous works, and honestly comes across as something I've wanted to see from them in a long time. This anime seemed to have a lot of heart put into it, and at least from my point of view, it was greatly reciprocated.

Ending on an 8.5/10 for this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Forgot to mention, but Tari Tari is pretty much confirmed to be PA's Works 2nd best series after True Tears. Funny both abbreviate to TT .
I think you accidentally switched them.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-09-25 at 01:30.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 01:43   Link #1504
Theo

NSFW due to language

I have a ticket for the handbasket on the 5th row, thank you.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 03:44   Link #1505
EroKing

Old 2012-09-25, 04:32   Link #1506
bastek66

It's updated http://up.40ch.net/swf/swf/swf000626.swf
Now you can pat her butt.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 04:42   Link #1507
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
lol wat. I guess that fills in the missing gap that PA left.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 05:17   Link #1508
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
lol, that's like an amusing little flash-game.
Old 2012-09-25, 06:57   Link #1509
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the final episode today.

And just.. wow. I nearly cried - honest!
I've not been moved this much by other shows that I liked this year.

Wakana being calm and composed even if it's raining, just watch the rain along with her cat. Dora reminds me of "Skinny", the fat cat I recently saw in the newspaper.

Taichi's "hired" painter did a good job indeed on the painting, he's obviously taking pics of Sawa during the presentation .

Chairman is still a big **** up to the final episode, he's the type of person who deserves to be clubbed by a cannibal.

Vice Principal.. I remember she crumpled a paper in a past episode and got angry when Taichi don't want it thrown to the garbage can. This time she picks up a paper and uncrumples it - she's a kind person after all.. I would assume she got fired along with the principal. But I bet she's happy and content, and in some way she got to relive her time with her best friend because Wakana now acts very similar to Mahiru.

Principal, he finally got the courage to stand up to the **** err.. I mean the Chairman. And got fired in the process (physically hurt a little as well). I hope he still gets a decent pension or something.

Konatsu, she's a nice girl up to the last episode. She did not keep a grudge against Naoko (vice principal) and Nanae. Glad that she found some new friends after graduation.

Going to really miss seeing Konatsu and friends. No more once a week Tari Tari. iyaa..
I WISH WE GET AN OVA OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. /pray to otaku god

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-09-25 at 07:37.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 07:33   Link #1510
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I think you accidentally switched them.
Don't make me get Noe's chickens onto you.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 09:27   Link #1511
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
NSFW due to language

I have a ticket for the handbasket on the 5th row, thank you.
That happy and joyful scene...completely ruined. ;_;

Fuckin nuts.

edit: I was waiting to slap her butt. lulz :0
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 10:26   Link #1512
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Don't make me get Noe's chickens onto you.
Now here's something that Principal Col. Sanders might be able to actually look cool handling.
Old 2012-09-25, 12:02   Link #1513
Ruby Princess

Quote:
Not quite as good as the Hanasaku Iroha finale (which was an easy 10/10), but it largely followed in its footsteps concluding with a hopeful, heartwarming and bittersweet ending. Things I really liked or lold regarding the episode:

1. Wakana lovebento round 2.

2. Kontasu being derpy with her dolphin plushy.

3. The high school musical drama. Tari Tari takes a page outta the American TV series "Glee"

4. Double ass-slap on Sawa by Wakana and Konatsu! Revenge is sweet

5. The subtle interaction between Sawa and Taichi particularly the bit where what they say was deliberately omitted. I -really- liked this. Best part of the episode actually. This is how you do romance element for a non-romance show folks, and I give shippers no sympathy since Tari Tari was never a romance series. So Nyah Nyah .

6. The graduation scene in the gym. The song and presentation of the scene was great.

7. The epilogue showing Tanaka playing badminton, Wien finding Jan, Konatsu making college friends and Wakana looking sexy in casual clothings and high heels (mature ftw).

There were two things however, that caused an eyebrow to rise or so:

1. The whole Chairman incident. Manufactured and artificial drama and made the chairman look like a Disney Channel villain.

2. The Vice Principal pulling down the chairman's pants and then getting fired. Talk about his pride being totally destroyed and him being emasculated. Please tell me Mari Okada wasn't writing this scene by off-chance....

Otherwise, it was a very solid finish to an excellent series. Tari tari confirms that PA Works' slice of life anime originals are some of the best in the industry for the genre and it's pretty much locked in I'll be watching their shows in the future.

In a nutshell, Tari Tari is simplicity done to its finest. The premise is standard, the cast is standard, but it's full of heart, genuinity and is the definition of unpretentious. Perfect balance of comedy and drama, lighthearted and seriousness, and unlike many drama shows (*cough Anohana, Ano Natsu, Kokoro Connect *cough) it seldom goes overboard with melodrama (only the Sawa arc I will question) and the lighthearted moments are pinpoint, sharp and don't linger on unlike those Japanese gag-centric shows. For me, Tari Tari is what K-on never was, and what Hanasaku Iroha -nearly was- (though Iroha was still excellent) by combining both a musical element and coming of age without resorting to one-dimensional moe pandering or outrageous plot decisions (*e.g. Iroha episode 3*).

Not quite the perfect show I hoped for, but it's close. Tied with Jinrui and Hyouka for favourite of the season at which I rate all three 8.5/10s, being a shy away from making my all-time favourite lists (9/10 is cutoff).
Why do you always act as though in order to be genuine emotions have to be low-key? -___- Sometimes people show strong emotions in real life, you know... -______-
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 12:18   Link #1514
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
Why do you always act as though in order to be genuine emotions have to be low-key? -___- Sometimes people show strong emotions in real life, you know... -______-
low key doesn't mean there's no strong emotions,you can show strong emotions in a low key way,the end of this episode for example has everyone tearing up as Sawa says goodbye,has Taichi confess to her and he sheds a tear and stays alone to watch the airplane go away as the others leave him behind.That's overall some strong emotions.
Old 2012-09-25, 12:19   Link #1515
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
I'd call it restrained instead of low-key, and it depends on the situation. Wakana crying in her room because of her mother is a pretty emotionally strong moment, but she's in her room alone and the "camera" doesn't linger on it, so the presentation is restrained and intimate, which does make it seem more genuine as it doesn't try to manipulate your emotions so blatantly. And that's the issue: more often than not some writers use grand displays of emotions to manipulate the audience's feelings even if the story doesn't warrant such moments. That's what some people usually call "forced drama", drama that's forced down the audience's throat, so to speak.

I appreciate the series that can make me teary eyed without trying so hard. Tari Tari is just like that. There were some little moments when it went overboard with the cheese though, particularly in the last episode, but I can dismiss it easily because the rest was really good.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-25 at 14:17.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 12:54   Link #1516
Sphire

Quote:
Ahahaha. Oh my God, that cracked me up.
Old 2012-09-25, 15:12   Link #1517
Kazu-kun

OST is out, and it's great. Besides the BGM it includes all the insert songs~
Old 2012-09-25, 15:36   Link #1518
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
OST is out, and it's great. Besides the BGM it includes all the insert songs~
Track 3 of the second disc is what only matters.
Old 2012-09-25, 17:05   Link #1519
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Track 3 of the second disc is what only matters.
Finally it is out, I was waiting it from episode one

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:15   Link #1520
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Dreamer? TV size? That's the track? lol

b'aw c'mon! I was expecting something flippin crazy.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works