Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-30, 20:38   Link #6361
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Please, your help in translating this: 光輪祭(ジョグレス) (In particular the katakana).
I assumed it was connected to Maslenitsa, since that was featured in v11 too, so cursory "Slavic" "Halo" "Festival" (minus "spartan" to try to get rid of HALO hits) and got nothing in Google or Wikipedia... Tried "ジョグレス" in Japanese Wikipedia and got nothing but Digimon hits... Used Wikipedia's Russian IPA key to try back-contructing a word, got "жо́гурес", searched in Russian Wikipedia with the approximation function (this thing: ~) to see if there's a word close to that, and nothing seemed right...

When I searched for approximation of fragments of that construction, though, I was getting mostly foreign hits, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontaine-les-Gr%C3%A8s. I think that implies that a "g-r" combination isn't native to Slavic languages at all. (I haven't done deep digging for a "g-u-r" combo, though I didn't see it going anywhere either.)

Tried two lists of Slavic Holidays, and that got nowhere too. Closest that can conceivably come close to starting with a "jog" sound is "George", as in "St George", except judging from Wikipedia, his day isn't actually called by his name, but is instead called Yuri's Day.

Did you message anyone who comes from East Europe to see if they've any idea what this is? How was the festival mentioned in-story, anyway?
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 20:39   Link #6362
SeaDam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Spoiler:
That would be awesome.
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 20:46   Link #6363
holybell84

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-30, 20:48   Link #6364
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAAkira View Post
I assumed it was connected to Maslenitsa, since that was featured in v11 too, so cursory "Slavic" "Halo" "Festival" (minus "spartan" to try to get rid of HALO hits) and got nothing in Google or Wikipedia... Tried "ジョグレス" in Japanese Wikipedia and got nothing but Digimon hits... Used Wikipedia's Russian IPA key to try back-contructing a word, got "жо́гурес", searched in Russian Wikipedia with the approximation function (this thing: ~) to see if there's a word close to that, and nothing seemed right...

When I searched for approximation of fragments of that construction, though, I was getting mostly foreign hits, like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontaine-les-Gr%C3%A8s. I think that implies that a "g-r" combination isn't native to Slavic languages at all. (I haven't done deep digging for a "g-u-r" combo, though I didn't see it going anywhere either.)

Tried two lists of Slavic Holidays, and that got nowhere too. Closest that can conceivably come close to starting with a "jog" sound is "George", as in "St George", except judging from Wikipedia, his day isn't actually called by his name, but is instead called Yuri's Day.

Did you message anyone who comes from East Europe to see if they've any idea what this is? How was the festival mentioned in-story, anyway?
It's for new year celebration, so whoever doing the non-english look up probably can start from there.
Old 2015-03-30, 21:29   Link #6365
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
That would be awesome.
seconded
10 char
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 22:00   Link #6366
Yye1
Wide Right

It might just be the Regin or Teita or something

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 22:11   Link #6367
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
It might just be the Regin or Teita or something
doesn't the viralts only pick people from zhcted?
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 00:59   Link #6368
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
doesn't the viralts only pick people from zhcted?
Nope, the viralts choose people based on their own criteria.
Ramero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 02:45   Link #6369
sasoras

oh great the Vanadis going is allied to the one causing the trouble in the country, I'm sensing possible back stab.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 02:51   Link #6370
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
oh great the Vanadis going is allied to the one causing the trouble in the country, I'm sensing possible back stab.

They have different goals though. One wants to take the throne and the other just want to cause mayhem, destruction, and pain and suffering.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 03:00   Link #6371
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
They have different goals though. One wants to take the throne and the other just want to cause mayhem, destruction, and pain and suffering.
Many variables are still at play, so it can go in any direction atm should the author decide to.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 07:32   Link #6372
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
majority of them want's tigre sperm....
Old 2015-03-31, 07:40   Link #6373
Ramero

Tigre reply the battle using brute force already happened since he fight Thenardier's house. He was try to convince Roland at first but since Roland wants a brute force then Tigre got no choice but to use brute force as well.

It usually depends on Tigre's opponent, for those who really are the enemies must be defeated with sheer brute force while the rest he want to make a diplomacy first before using brute force as a last resort.

Tigre went to western border and Oliver this time will be on Tigre's services.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:45   Link #6374
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Please, your help in translating this: 光輪祭(ジョグレス) (In particular the katakana).
Except the "Jogure" name, maybe the [光輪祭] can translating as the "Aureole Festival"
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 13:17   Link #6375
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Quote:
Hmmm... based on these possible ideas, I'm sensing another possibility rather than Tieta or Regin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madan wiki
Even after the Civil War, Thenardier was survived under his wife and Regin's cousin, Melisande Thenardier.
The last surviving member a major enemy of Tigre and Elen's. If Regin dies, she might be next in line.

Finally, if that's not enough, In addition to having the last name of a villain in Les Miserables, her first name is one letter away from from that crazy fire cult priestess from Game of Thrones. pssst... I think she might be evil...
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 17:07   Link #6376
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Hmmm... based on these possible ideas, I'm sensing another possibility rather than Tieta or Regin:

The last surviving member a major enemy of Tigre and Elen's. If Regin dies, she might be next in line.

Finally, if that's not enough, In addition to having the last name of a villain in Les Miserables, her first name is one letter away from from that crazy fire cult priestess from Game of Thrones. pssst... I think she might be evil...

It is also the first name of the princess in the story "Flight of Dragons". In this story, she is a good girl.

As far as Thenardier's surviving wife, I believe she poses no threat to Regin because their territory is now being managed by Regin's people. But of course, those people who are still loyal to the Thenardier family and/or just does not want Regin ruling over them can unite under her. I don't think this will happen though because she was not around in the story so far. I could be wrong though.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 22:38   Link #6377
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

So, has the newest volume been released yet? Do we actually know who the new Vanadis is? Regardless, Baka-Tsuki doesn't have the translations yet.

Also, I haven't read the entire series yet, but, anyway, I've seen the terms "Brunish" and "Muozinelian" have they ever revealed the proper demonym for residents of Zchted, Asvarre, or Sachstein?

That said, given the Japanese language, I'm not sure there is any real indication of what the English demonym equivalent would be, so I suspect the former two might be creations of a the translators or fanbase, rather like the use of the term Versian to refer to citizens of the Vers Empire in Aldnoah Zero.

Personally, I go with "Zchtedi" because its the shortest one that sounds right- the only other possibility would be "Zchtedian". As for the others, I use Asvarri for Asvarre, and in terms of Sachstein, they aren't mentioned much, but "Sachsteinian" probably sounds best to me.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 01:27   Link #6378
Ramero

Setsuna is already working on the translations, i expected the mid or end of April the translations are finished.

The next release could be in June, July or August since each volume got around three to five months time for the next one but i expect early July or early August to be released for Volume 12.
Old 2015-04-02, 15:04   Link #6379
dragon213

Quote:
Spoiler:
Her letting him leave her side again after what happen last time? no freaking way plus the fact that she wants to help him, also from the way things sound it seems like Tigre's return home isn't permanent and he will come back with Ellen when he has fixed the problems in his home land, also I think that's kind of what he wants, since he has mentally admitted that he don't want to leave Ellen's side, since he has pretty strong feelings for her, probably on the line of being in love with her, like how she's in love with him.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 23:18   Link #6380
FunnyGuy
Banned

Question: What volumes covers the anime?
FunnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)