Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-09-30, 11:05   Link #5301
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Good question. I've taken the CVLs initially because a) leveling them, b) having an easier time with that sub node c) I cleared all prior world 4 maps with CVLs. With the last form of the boss node getting an SS it is worth contemplating switching to regular CVs... Level 78 Soryu Kai Ni is still waiting for her first sortie.
Well... There are much better places to do leveling...

Just go with 2BB 1CV or 1BB 2CV plus the branching 1CA 2DD and ignore the goldfish to get over with the map. As long as you get air superiority at the boss it should be cake walk compared to before Artillery Spotting was introduced.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 12:47   Link #5302
Cyprene

I'm having a problem, guys. I can't get to the boss node on 3-5 and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Am I just misinterpreting the charts I've got?

My build is:
Kongou Lvl 80: 46cm 46cm Seaplane Type-3 Shell
Atago Lvl 70: 20.3cm 20.3cm Seaplane Type-3 Shell
Takao Lvl 61: Same as Atago
Hiryuu Kai Ni Lvl 77: Reppuu Reppuu Type 21-Zero Fighter (Veteran), Type 2 Recon Plane
Souryuu Kai Ni Lvl 78: Fighter-Bomber, Reppuu Reppuu, Saiun
Kaga: Reppuu, Reppuu, Reppuu (601st Air Group), Type 99 Dive Bomber (Enogusa)

Using the 2-5 calculation method I have an effective LOS of 81, which sould be enough to get me to the boss, but I keep getting routed northeast after fighting Hoppou-chan. Do I not have sufficient LOS (The guide I'm using tells me the requirement is 70.) Is there a problem with my fleet composition? Or is the RNG just mad at me?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 12:51   Link #5303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

North route access to the boss node is dictated by LOS.
Add another Saiun, it might do the trick.
Old 2014-09-30, 14:18   Link #5304
Cyprene

Are you allowed to have 3 carriers on the 3-5 northern route?
Old 2014-09-30, 14:33   Link #5305
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No. If you have 3CV, 3BB or 3SS, you will be sent to node H.
Old 2014-09-30, 16:13   Link #5306
Kakurin
大佐

It worked, 4-4 clear. I love my Maya. After Kongou brought the boss down to 110 from 200 Maya dealt out 50 and 90 damage.
Old 2014-09-30, 16:28   Link #5307
Death Usagi
Banned

4-4 last boss is annoying me because of that submarine... =A= (Even at line abroad it barely takes any damage from my best Destroyers...)

I guess I should take my CVLs instead of CV...? @_@;;

But then the boss itself doesn't seem to receive much damage... @_@;

What's the best composition recommended to bring to the boss? Cause that submarine seriously annoying the hell out of me =A=

So far I brought

1 BB (Kongou Kai/Kirishima Kai/Haruna Kai/Hiei Kai)
2 CV (Akagi Kai/Hiryuu Kai)
2 DD (Shigure Kai Ni/Yuudachi Kai Ni/Shimakaze Kai)
1 CA (Atago Kai/Takao Kai)

or sometimes

1 BB (Kongou Kai/Kirishima Kai/Haruna Kai/Hiei Kai)
1 CLT (Kitakami Kai Ni)
2 DD (Shigure Kai Ni/Yuudachi Kai Ni/Shimakaze Kai)
1 CA (Atago Kai/Takao Kai)
1 CV (Akagi/Hiryuu)
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 16:33   Link #5308
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, the CVL won't help you at all, unless you equip it with ASW planes AND use line abreast. Even with normal equipment, a CVL is very likely to be crit to red in 4-4. What's worse is that if you fail to kill the submarine, your CVL will be useless since they will keep attacking it instead of the boss. Generally speaking, DD are not there for the boss but just for the branching rule.

Just ignore the submarine at the boss node.
I usually go with:
1 Fast BB
1 CA(V)
2 CV
2 DD

The DD have classic double attack setup and a radar with ASW or a sonar.
Old 2014-09-30, 16:41   Link #5309
Death Usagi
Banned

I guess I just have to try more... TwT

What I hate is how sometimes my ships go Red even before reaching boss sometimes... (mostly my DDs.... Q_Q) Mostly happens in Node G...

Also is it recommended that I spam 1-5 more if I don't have my Submarine Fleet set up yet? Because I only got Goya and Imuya while I still lack Hachi and Iku... (and Shioi but that's LSC, so I will dodge that for now due to low materials...)

I am still having issues doing the Transport Ship quests because of the routes that I must take to get there and it seems the Submarines do it more easily... Also the fact I heard there are quests that requires you to launch an all SS fleet (fact is, I still haven't been able to do the all SS Expedition either due to this issue...)
Old 2014-09-30, 16:51   Link #5310
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Just ignore the submarine at the boss node.
I usually go with:
1 Fast BB
1 CA(V)
2 CV
2 DD

The DD have classic double attack setup and a radar with ASW or a sonar.
That was my lineup. Although I stacked up the DDs with only ASW equipment. Then again, I got lucky when my Maya unleashed on the boss.
Old 2014-10-01, 05:33   Link #5311
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This is a bit off-topic, but here's a video footage of the Chinese clone kancolle in action. I've been playing it for the last few days actually...

They are now giving out invite code through their forum, and posting the user id nets you with resources and devmats.

I thought that the Chinese have banned Facebook domestically.
I just started playing this game since I couldn't be bothered to use a VPN to play Kancolle under the chance that foreign accounts could be deleted for no reason.

Some of the quotes in the Chinese version made me fall out of my chair. When you get the USS Anthony as a sortie drop, her quote ends with, "跟我一起打飞机 [translation: beat aeroplanes with me]".

The phrase "beat aeroplane" is a well-known euphemism in Chinese internet slang.

Does the original Kancolle have similar quotes from the ships?

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 06:07   Link #5312
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I just started playing this game since I couldn't be bothered to use a VPN to play Kancolle under the chance that foreign accounts could be deleted for no reason.
Using KanColle Viewer you can set a region cookie and play without VPN. Don't know for sure whether this works with a unique IP, but I think so.
Old 2014-10-01, 16:58   Link #5313
Death Usagi
Banned

Finally defeated 4-4 using the following:

Kirishima was actually a substitute for Kongou because Kongou got owned by a Ru-class Flagship twice in Node A and G that I decided not to waste anymore buckets on her and used Kirishima instead. (Kongou was my highest level Fast Battleship too.... T_T)

Shigure and Yuudachi went into Red in first node several times which gave me a lot of headache that I tried using Shimakaze as a substitute but even she got owned in node A by Ru-class (I hate her.........)

I actually had tried using Akagi and Souryuu/Hiryuu but Hiryuu and Souryuu both went into Red either in Node A/G or at boss that I just went with Akagi alone because CVs don't help in Night Battles and the fact they tend to become useless after going moderate damage =A=;

So I took Kitakami Kai Ni instead and her high ASW stats and her initial torpedo shot really helped, and she was good in Night battles

Kept switching back and forth between Atago and Takao but in the end I took Atago.

Boss battle was nice this time, and I went with Line Abroad due to wanting to defeat the Submarine faster, where Kitakami, Shigure and Yuudachi were able to defeat the submarine early thanks to a Critical Hit where they were able to move onto killing other ships during day battle and Night battle. Yuudachi 2-hit critical KO the boss

I love you two, Yuudachi and Shigure! ^.^

Time to move onto 5-1!

Well it seems massive spam of trying to clear 4-4 cost all of my buckets though... (Not that I had much to begin with...)

Guess I will just grind 3-2 to Kai Ni some of my ships that I had neglected to do so...

And I need to spam 1-5 more to get i-8 and i-19 before it's too late...
Old 2014-10-02, 18:20   Link #5314
Mistwraith

Thanks for all the advice given on 3-5. No time to really experiment due to too much work commitments, will try to do it over the weekend and see how it goes.

If the south route still doesn't turn out well for me, I will give the north route a try too.
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 16:01   Link #5315
Cyprene

Others may disagree with me on this, but I would strongly suggest the south route for simply trying to clear 3-5. (That is, if you're not hunting Amatsukaze.) If you can't clear it with the southern route, even with triple sparkling your ships, that points to a serious problem with your fleet.  North route is doable, and you can get some great stuff off of it, but it's a gigantic resource and bucket hog. If you just want the medal southern route is a cheaper way to get it.

Good luck!
Old 2014-10-03, 17:14   Link #5316
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

South route isn't exactly easier, but it is far less expensive.
North route can be a nightmare, and that's not only because of Hoppou with 5 takoyaki, denying even basic air superiority, but the possible flag wo kai if you are lvl 100+.
Old 2014-10-04, 02:23   Link #5317
Kakurin
大佐

A question, what's the recommendation for 1-5? I know the lineup with 1 CVL, 1 BBV and 2 DD guarantees a boss trip. However, I have my doubts whether this lineup (even with the two DDs packed full with ASW equipment) possesses the necessary punch to take out the boss (I'd like to get that medal to remodel Unryu).
Old 2014-10-04, 03:06   Link #5318
KBTKaiser

1-5's optimal run is actually 1 BBV, 1CVL/Plane Tender, 1 CL, 1DD all geared out for ASW and Torpedo Bombers(The seaplane ones, and mix up the carrier variants).

EDIT: at HQ 80 or above, it gets a bit dicey in that they start firing pre-emptive torpedos at the first node instead of 3rd node, though.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 03:52   Link #5319
Academus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
A question, what's the recommendation for 1-5? I know the lineup with 1 CVL, 1 BBV and 2 DD guarantees a boss trip. However, I have my doubts whether this lineup (even with the two DDs packed full with ASW equipment) possesses the necessary punch to take out the boss (I'd like to get that medal to remodel Unryu).
My 1-5 fleet includes 1 CVL, 1 BBV and 2 CL.
Equipment wise:
CVL: Planes with high ASW value, plus one Saiun. Be careful that CVL equipped with only autogyro and type 3 ASW spotter cannot launch attack; you'll need to equip at least one bomber. If you find CVL particularly fragile, consider using bulge.
BBV: Seaplanes with high ASW value. Full stack autogyro works on BBV without equipping any seaplane bombers.
CL/DD: I take CL because their HP and armour are higher. If you are really desperate, take armed-to-teeth 4-slot CL with you, although Yubari has a tendency of receiving hits.
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 04:22   Link #5320
Kakurin
大佐

Thanks, first time worked like a charm. Went out with Chitose (3x Ryuusei, 1x Saiun), Ise (4x Zuiun), Naka Kai Ni and Jintsu. Three perfect victories. Especially Naka was targeted a ton without getting hurt once. And as a cherry on top of it I finally got a sub besides 168 (who I have four times, guess one can be used for modernisation now ) with Go-Ya. Oh, just noticed, the luck difference between Go-Ya and Imuya is pretty big.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls