AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 03:44   Link #6321
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Haha, I might have as well but Isumi was simply too awesome this arc. She can blow away the competitions (excluding Athena) if she tries, and I'm dead serious. ^^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 04:36   Link #6322
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
But with her gone... I hope Hinagiku can take the spot light away from Nagi... (like that's gonna happen)
implying she hasnt done that for 90% of the manga...dont start getting greedy again Hina fans, i need more Maria development here
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 05:08   Link #6323
zibi88

Athena is gone...... so I wonder when Nagi arc. will end so Nagi disapears forever too...like athena did... (athena gave up the most imporant thing in the world for her... which is her love........ I wonder if Nagi would do the same and let hayte go to another girl....like athena just did)

With athena gone [depressed]... I hope Hina will enter the spot...... Nagi as Hayates friend ok.... love interest NO IN HELL !!!

I would gladly exchange Nagi's space for..... Hina, Maria, Ayumu...

seriously if hayate starts to look on Nagi with romantic feelins I will stop reading it... since it would be just sick (super undarage love...pedophilia)..... and at least Ayumu,Hina and Maria are the same or little older than hayate (15-17years barrier) so its ok

well I root for Hina... since everyone thinks of her as monster duo her strenght... and that she acts more like a boy.... so her winning hayate at the end would show her as a girl once for all to everyone...

anyway I doubt that Athena disapperas from the scene forever...I mean Wataru has another stone... so I guess the RP will come back in future... it would be funny if hayate ended up beign locked in that RP alone and all he girls try to save him from there... or be with him there...

but in my opinion it would be super funny if Athena went to japan... and builded up her new house next to Nagis mansion.... so both girls could fight for hayates affection (nagi would gain a strong rival)..... yet Hata cuts down this possibility and development of all girls... and forcefully pushed to Nagi side (shivers of disgust...)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 05:24   Link #6324
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Haha, I might have as well but Isumi was simply too awesome this arc. She can blow away the competitions (excluding Athena) if she tries, and I'm dead serious. ^^
it was the same for kaguya in code geass,tough awesome those character alwais seem to be overshadowed by violent and flat-chested loli(like louise in znt and countless other).
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 05:59   Link #6325
babohtea

Just read scanlation. The translation made the farewell much "better", I guess.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:10   Link #6326
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
With athena gone [depressed]... I hope Hina will enter the spot...... Nagi as Hayates friend ok.... love interest NO IN HELL !!!

seriously if hayate starts to look on Nagi with romantic feelins I will stop reading it... since it would be just sick (super undarage love...pedophilia)..... and at least Ayumu,Hina and Maria are the same or little older than hayate (15-17years barrier) so its ok
i think romance won't develop til nagi would be a bit older (at least drawn older) if it really ends up as hayate x nagi
but their bond is quite special already, seeing hayate would not want to transfer his debt to athena

but T____________________T lol when are we going to see athena again?
(i wish she really ends up happy -.- .. she totally owned the rest of the girls for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Guess it's back to Hayate X *inserts girl* moments. Go Isumi, I suppose...
make that Hayate x *girl of the month* lol
for some reason i like izumi also XD

Last edited by ridgezipline; 2010-03-25 at 09:00.
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 07:14   Link #6327
Used Can

It's funny, I wonder if I can go back to support Hina the same way I used to. Before the EotW arc, the scanlations were too far behind. However, since foolrulez started scanlating Hayate, and I kept on catching up, other characters like Izumi and, all over the most, Ayumu started growing on me. In fact, I think now I like Ayumu as much as I like Hina. So, I guess it's a tie between them for me, now. Maria... unless Hata stops treating her like a gag-character, I don't think I'll be rooting for her.

Nevertheless, one way or the other, I don't think I'll ever like any of them as much as liked Athena. In fact, with her gone and with this story-line done, I think half of my reasons for reading this manga are over. I'll try keeping up with it, but something tells me I'll go back to reading it spontaneously. But, well, who knows, Hata may surprise us and write a really good story. All the same, at this point in time, I'm honestly not expecting too much.
Old 2010-03-25, 07:46   Link #6328
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
This chapter...

Wow, way to warn the reader.... to stop ignoring Nagi, and that she's actually special.

Spoiler:

I liked Hinagiku before Athena came into the picture (introduction wise).. and only the young Athena.

But with her gone... I hope Hinagiku can take the spot light away from Nagi... (like that's gonna happen)
"Stabbed Gambino thousand times"

Quote:
Athena is gone...... so I wonder when Nagi arc. will end so Nagi disapears forever too...like athena did... (athena gave up the most imporant thing in the world for her... which is her love........ I wonder if Nagi would do the same and let hayte go to another girl....like athena just did)

well I root for Hina... since everyone thinks of her as monster duo her strenght... and that she acts more like a boy.... so her winning hayate at the end would show her as a girl once for all to everyone...

anyway I doubt that Athena disapperas from the scene forever...I mean Wataru has another stone... so I guess the RP will come back in future... it would be funny if hayate ended up beign locked in that RP alone and all he girls try to save him from there... or be with him there...

but in my opinion it would be super funny if Athena went to japan... and builded up her new house next to Nagis mansion.... so both girls could fight for hayates affection (nagi would gain a strong rival)..... yet Hata cuts down this possibility and development of all girls... and forcefully pushed to Nagi side (shivers of disgust...)
First,
It can't be called pedo cause they only have three years difference and thus,
It is not underage love
second,
"Stabbed zibi 100 times"
Why are eveyone hate ojou!!!!!!
VOL!!!!!!
WE NEED BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-03-25, 08:04   Link #6329
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
"Stabbed Gambino thousand times"

First,
It can't be called pedo cause they only have three years difference and thus,
It is not underage love
second,
"Stabbed zibi 100 times"
Why are eveyone hate ojou!!!!!!
VOL!!!!!!
WE NEED BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!
you can stab as many times you want I dont care..... well nagis patterns are repeating themselfs over and over and over again (the slack all day.. paly games...mangas... and most talks bring to the same issue regarging animes...)... it simply is boring for me....

athena kinda had a refreshemnt and it would be more funny and could bring more development to nagi.... like she saw ultra mature athena and sees that haayte has candy eyes for her...... so she would try to act mode modest like athena (simly change herself) and not remain "angry like hayate mentioned" or childish.... athena was more serious on way younger age...

but now it stuck with nagi alone again.... and if it goes back to the old nagi (like above anime,manga,games) I will be pissed ^^

I prey to god that it would have at least Maria & Hina focus now... and not develop all girls than throw them again like with athena.... becouse hayate has to stay with that braty, childish and flat nagi at the end anyway's (he is her butler so he must end up with mistress at the end no matter what... and no matter how many girls appear)

I would be glad if Hayate won on lottery the 150m yen payed nagi back... so he would be on a point where he can make a choice whenever he wants.... like he fells in love with another girl he can leave anytime and have his own happy life as he wants....... since now he is tied to the debt and cant leave...

well it sounds cruel that he used nagi to survive for a while... but still hayate did not sell his soul to her... he has free will and heart he should choice for himself and not be forced into nonsense relantionship.... it would be more ok with Ayumu, Maria or Hina... since they are clasified as the "normal people" (not close to the rich level... yet not poor like hayate... simply normal level as other people)..... since nagi thinks that becosue Hayate is her buttler..... he belongs only to her (like his soul beloings to her and any other girl is not accepted.... this is f...g cruell people are not objects.... athena let go even thorught she didnt wanted to.... but would nagi let hayte go to another girl that easyly ???? I dont think soo... example is the Hina date... Nagi didnt agreeded for Ayumus date becouse it would be too dangerous [for nagi].... yet he let with hina becouse she thinks nothing will come from this [hina a monster]
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 08:11   Link #6330
Used Can

Well, Nagi has never forced him to do anything (well, not to the extent of forfeiting his own happiness to protect her). Hayate prioritises her out of his own will, and he's happy doing so. That's the way Hata has decided to write his character, whether fans like it or not.
Old 2010-03-25, 08:32   Link #6331
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Shit, this pretty much means we got the Hayate x Nagi flag rolling.....

I can already see the ending, but

me no likey
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 08:47   Link #6332
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by 'Nagi arc'? If you mean something where she disappears after it ends, you can only really mean the entire series /: She's the main female lead.
And letting someone go isn't the only way to show your love for them, you know.

Quote:
It's only a three year age difference. And it's not like Hayate is even that mature anyway.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:04   Link #6333
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aaaaa.... I don't like this..!! Why does Hayate must give up on Athena..??

I hope they only separate for a while and ended up together again T_T
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:07   Link #6334
Mentar
Banned

We're very much in a reset situation now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole romance business would begin to take quite a backseat for a while.

1) Nagi - doesn't even KNOW about Athena. I'd foresee drama for her if Hata does go after her for crushing the stone, but as I said - unless Nagi matures, she's out of focus for a REAL romance. And I wouldn't be surprised if a different "happy ending" would be developed for her: Return of Nagi's mother, or maybe developing feelings for someone her age (remember Ayumu's brother?)

2) Maria - very reasonable, very collected. TOO reasonable and collected at the moment. If anything romancewise is supposed to happen with her, she'll need to lose her balance some. Will we get to see anything in this direction? Also, she has the downside of effectively being Nagi's surrogate mother. How would that play out?

3) Hina - I definitely wouldn't expect any confessing activity of hers in the near future. I'd rather expect her to try to "get back to normal" with her feelings messing her up. If anything, she'll probably get mad at Hayate for neglecting Athena ... so, nothing from her side for a while.

4) Ayumu - I wonder how they will keep her in the story. Somehow I have difficulties picturing her transferring over to Hakuou. And the cafe part-time job also won't be enough. But she is a vital and very popular character, so... what's next? I hope to see alot of her! Other than Hina - who won't talk - she's the only one who knows about Athena. So, she's in yet another key position to kick things off...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:27   Link #6335
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
4) Ayumu - I wonder how they will keep her in the story. Somehow I have difficulties picturing her transferring over to Hakuou.
Does she even need to get into Hakuō? As I've mentioned before, there's no assurance that Nagi and Hayate can go back to Hakuō since Nagi lost her inheritance, and therefore, they'd be unable to cover the fees - unless, as I said before, Athena and/or Hina can do anything about it.

Personally, I think the series will change. I'm expecting Nagi to receive a major focus, and maybe Maria too. I think from now on, we'll see them trying to start over now that they have no money. I'm sure the other characters will be there to support them, but for some reason that's all I think they'll do. In addition to all of this, there still many of the factors the EotW arc has left in the story, and that will surely have an effect on the plot, one way or the other. So, I think just as Nagi pointed it out one chapter ago, this is a new beginning.
Old 2010-03-25, 09:46   Link #6336
Mentar
Banned

Well, it's not like they have no money at all. It was said that if Mikado acted on his threat, Nagi wouldn't have enough to maintain her lifestyle and the mansion, not that they're destitute. That would lack a bit of impact though, so I hope for a BIG DEAL development out of the blue

Still, I somehow doubt that we'll now see The Adolescence of Nagi or something. It would REALLY alter her character. I believe she'll stay the "kid ojousama to be protected (but not loved) by Hayate" till the end of the show.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:49   Link #6337
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

???

I dunno about other people, including those in the same ship as me, but this chapter just reinforced my feeling that Hayate and Athena will end up together. To that point that, yes, I am now officially 'all in', to put it in poker terms.

Why? For one, despite Athena and Hayate speaking in past tense of how they loved each other, its still pretty obvious they still have feelings towards the other party. I mean you don't kiss each other goodbye if this wasn't the case; actions speak much louder than words.

(Sure you can argue that kiss scene was strictly a flashback, but considering the "I'm sorry" part was trailed of in the present time and continued to the 'flashback', its more reasonable to assume that the very same thing was happening in the present. Just that the authour merely swapped their younger selves as a sort of imagery, or, more likely, that the present scene of Athena forgiving Hayate was an exact replica of what happened in the past.)

Really, Hayate didn't follow Athena because he didn't love her, but because he has a debt (both monetary and otherwise) to Nagi. That's why you get Nagi's image when Hayate was thinking if he ever would have the chance to do another love confession, because he knows his debt to her would be the biggest obstacle to any romantic relationship, just like it is now with Athena.

Until that debt has been repaid, Hayate will be unsuccessful towards any and all romantic relationship. But then again, we pretty much knew this was the case ever since the time Nagi paid those yakuza off, no?

I mean sure, I can be wrong (just like those who call 'all in' aren't always successful), but my confidence hasn't been higher than, well, ever. So I'm at a loss as to why that even my fellow shippers are dejected at our ship's chances. :shrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
1) Nagi - doesn't even KNOW about Athena. I'd foresee drama for her if Hata does go after her for crushing the stone, but as I said - unless Nagi matures, she's out of focus for a REAL romance. And I wouldn't be surprised if a different "happy ending" would be developed for her: Return of Nagi's mother, or maybe developing feelings for someone her age (remember Ayumu's brother?)
Funny you mention this. Unless I have missed it (or totally don't remember; 250+ chapters is A LOT to memorize lol), for all their pursuit of people other than each other, Nagi and Wataru are still engaged. And no talk of them breaking it up still. XD

I'd even go so far that those two are just in denial ("There's no way I have feelings for that shorty/brat!!!" <3), but that's just my shippy side talking lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:35   Link #6338
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Here's 1 spoiler pic, and some text. At least I think they're new..

More will eventually be posted in the MFox Spam Thread once they're found. If not by me, then surely by Ori-tan.

Spoiler for Click:
Old 2010-03-25, 10:40   Link #6339
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post

More will eventually be posted in the MFox Spam Thread once they're found. If not by me, then surely by Ori-tan.

Spoiler for Click:
OMG!!!!!!
Naked Sakuya!!!!!!
"Run away"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
We're very much in a reset situation now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole romance business would begin to take quite a backseat for a while.

That guy,
give me this,
Spoiler for Its a bit dangerous xD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
What exactly do you mean by 'Nagi arc'? If you mean something where she disappears after it ends, you can only really mean the entire series /: She's the main female lead.
And letting someone go isn't the only way to show your love for them, you know.
I'm right here Ichigo.......
You have my support xD
Old 2010-03-25, 11:14   Link #6340
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
???
Until that debt has been repaid, Hayate will be unsuccessful towards any and all romantic relationship.
well this one i agree on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post

Spoiler for Click:
thanks for the post!

what does this mean ?? athena's not really going back to japan?? (can someone please explain this ... i can't understand lol :P)
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen