AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 01:00   Link #3001
kakashi524

Wow, its true, i actually tried to highlight the page but it seems there was a spot i missed. Good thing. it was a joke.
Old 2007-07-29, 01:29   Link #3002
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know, after seeing how episode 25 ends --- i wouldn't be at all surprised if the sequel turns out to be a OVA or movie. I myself wouldn't be to bothered with that or a TV series, though its just something we should keep in mind.
I, on the other hand, would be rather surprised if the sequel ended up being an OVA or a movie. Why? Here are my three main reasons:

1. I would think it would've been mentioned specifically a movie or an OVA if that was what it was going to be. When Gundam SEED Destiny ended, it was announced that a movie was in production. Also, when Ayakashi Ayashi (another MBS show) ended, it was announced on their website that OVAs would be made for the series. So if the sequel truly was an OVA or a movie, then why would they just say a sequel when other announcements have been much more specific for other anime?

2. Like other forum members have pointed out, there's still way too much that needs to be explained, even after the end of 24-25. These last two episodes did not advance the main plot lines too much, and since Lelouch's goal is to destroy Britannia, I don't think he could accomplish it within the length of an OVA or movie (unless, of course, you expect Lelouch to fail and die). If they did decide to do the sequel in an OVA or movie, not only would I be shocked, but I would be expecting an even more rushed ending than any of the Gundam SEED TV Series.

3. Code Geass is obviously a success. Why end it with an OVA or a movie when you could make a second TV series of it, and make tons of money with the 8-9 more volumes of DVDs released? Also, it seems that OVAs are only made when a series is cancelled (like Rurouni Kenshin or Ayakashi Ayashi) or if the television series stopped because of a lack of new material from its manga counterpart (Ranma 1/2). Movies, on the other hand, seem to be made for an anime when there's enough material to do it, but not enough for another series run (e.g., Fullmetal Alchemist, Gundam SEED). And Geass, unless I'm mistaken, has a LOT to cover still.

I am very suspicious that some of you guys are just hoping that this series totals out to only 25 episodes and not much more because you don't like the idea of Geass potentially becoming a long series, like 50 or more episodes (I'm well aware that there are a few individuals out there that absolutely hate long running series). I could be very wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting from the posts I've read in the Code Geass section.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:10   Link #3003
WhiteWings

Just because a series drags on long doesn't necessarily mean it will suck. I'd be delighted if the second season is just like as the first one or even a third one if the second one was good enough. It all depends. One way or another I'm glad the last two episodes of the series is starting to poke its head out to those not in Japan.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:12   Link #3004
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well, it's not like long episodes like Detective Conan which has... over 470 episodes so far, not able to keep up with just good artwork. It's really getting old.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:14   Link #3005
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The OVA argument doesn't neccesarily work in some accounts. If Code Geass is popular enough to not need any advertising (( aka TV slots )), then OVAs would be more profitable. OVAs have no length limit and are also not restrained by time-constraints and has a much better degree of creative freedom to express the medium. Mind you that Legend of Galactic Heros (( over 100 episodes )) are all OVAs to begin with. Granted, it's very rare to see long-running OVAs nowadays, but it's not entirely impossible.

Of course, I personally still believe it'll be a TV series. Let's just hope that the October S2 rumor is true. This cliffhanger, as well done and epic as it was, is also way more painful of a wait than 23. At least 23 felt like an ending in some regards, while 25 just left it at all the worst places be it the OoBK, Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen, Nunnally, Nina, etc.

The only character 130% safe and had their conditions SUBETE NO JOUKEN WA CLEAR is ARTHUR.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-29, 02:36   Link #3006
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I wouldn't really care OVA, Movie, TV or whatever; as long as they can provide me at least an episode each week.
Old 2007-07-29, 03:49   Link #3007
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

LOL OVA weekly?

A guy who's more fruity than Suzaku + Lelouch combined...wearing an Ashford uniform...

I sure hope this isn't an indication that OoBK will lose Area 11.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-29, 04:48   Link #3008
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
I am very suspicious that some of you guys are just hoping that this series totals out to only 25 episodes and not much more because you don't like the idea of Geass potentially becoming a long series, like 50 or more episodes
Sorry, but i've never said that i don't think this show can run upto 50 episodes. Of course i want it to, i'd love to see that much Geass.

All i'm saying is that the chances of OVA/Movie are pretty high after seeing the end for episode 25. & yes i did say i'll be happy with TV Series, OVA or movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
Like other forum members have pointed out, there's still way too much that needs to be explained
I mentioned some facts in the actually episode thread, as to how this could end. Thinking about it, they could answer C.C's past easily now that Nunnally is with V.V, in the place that looks like where we've seen The Emperor plenty of times. The same shot from second OP.

As for what else explained, it would all depend on what format this would take --- 4/5 OVA's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
I wouldn't really care OVA, Movie, TV or whatever; as long as they can provide me at least an episode each week.
So you want a movie each week?
Old 2007-07-29, 06:02   Link #3009
JediNight
キズランダム

My speculation: The manga events of Nightmare of Nunnally will partially be true in the anime -- Nunnally will probably make a contract with VV for some freaky split personality/Geass hax of her own at this point. It would at least partially shore up that manga in the canon, as it seems to be just completely separate from the mainstream story at this point.
Old 2007-07-29, 06:40   Link #3010
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
My speculation: The manga events of Nightmare of Nunnally will partially be true in the anime -- Nunnally will probably make a contract with VV for some freaky split personality/Geass hax of her own at this point. It would at least partially shore up that manga in the canon, as it seems to be just completely separate from the mainstream story at this point.
i dont think so, Knightmare of Nunnally worked because Nunnally found a doll carrying the geass symbol it was because of the doll that the knightmare she uses in the manga materialises, V.V. is trying to lure Lelouch to him by using Nunnally as bait for the trap he has set for him

anyways, i found it funny that when V.V. walked into Nunnaly's room that she asked if it was C.C. , there is a large difference in the way the two walk, meaning footstep recognizion that blind people sometimes have, so im guessing Nunnally can sense the C.C. folk as well and because the same sense from V.V. she may have thought it was C.C., like Suzaku being able to sense C.C. and him being a geass capable candidate could Nunnally also hold this choice? (not saying that Nunnally would have geass)

my speculation, Kallen shoots Suzaku, Suzakud doesnt die, Kallen did this firstly so that Lelouch can rescue his lil sister, she doesnt want them all to die and because her loyalties still lie with the Black Knights, what good would it be if their leader was deaded in a situation like this, eventually Kallen takes Suzaku back for medical threatment (quick spc on that one, they could as well stay there but heck) and Lelouch activates the door and goes into the space where V.V. and Nunnally, not sure on what will happen there though, either Lelouch walks into a death trap or V.V. kills Nunnally XD
Old 2007-07-29, 06:49   Link #3011
Ansa

Quote:
Sorry, but i've never said that i don't think this show can run upto 50 episodes. Of course i want it to, i'd love to see that much Geass.

All i'm saying is that the chances of OVA/Movie are pretty high after seeing the end for episode 25. & yes i did say i'll be happy with TV Series, OVA or movie.

I mentioned some facts in the actually episode thread, as to how this could end. Thinking about it, they could answer C.C's past easily now that Nunnally is with V.V, in the place that looks like where we've seen The Emperor plenty of times. The same shot from second OP.

As for what else explained, it would all depend on what format this would take --- 4/5 OVA's?

So you want a movie each week?
OVA/Movie? Uh yeah a second SERIES is already confirmed, they may also do an OVA or movie but the next thing that we know of is a series.

And the things left unresolved unlikely couldn't be done in an OVA I mean honestly it took 21 episodes from after Clovis died just to find out that Cornelia knew absolutely NOTHING in the end and only pointed even more to her and lulu's brother (who I've given up trying to pronounce and spell his name correctly.) a second season is needed and with as much content this show has 25 episodes may or may not be enough.
Old 2007-07-29, 07:00   Link #3012
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

there are soo many things still unanswered about Geass, Lelouch's fate that of the other characters, the future for Japan, C.C.'s wish and that coming to an ending and eventually what Lelouch wants, to kill his father and find out who murdered his mother, they pulled off many twists in this season that gave a wide spin into the direction of the storyline, we first thought it would be this and wham.. something else happens and makes a huge difference, there's still too many stuff left to be put into a OAV series or a movie, heck i'm certain they can pull off a 50 episode series let alone series has been confirmed but no date has been set yet
Old 2007-07-29, 07:34   Link #3013
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
(Really, unless they pull some Deus Ex Machina on C.C. she's pretty dead.)
What are you talking about? C.C. is the Deus Ex Machina!

C.C? Dead? You might as well claim Batman needed a homeloan.
Old 2007-07-29, 08:19   Link #3014
lightbringer
M9000

The only question is, how many episodes will C.C. need to get back, and whether Lulu will go to retrieve her. Currently only he knows that she's fish food, so getting her back into the group shouldn't be a big problem.
Old 2007-07-29, 09:31   Link #3015
tanto

I wonder if the last DVD extra would give us some hints.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:24   Link #3016
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree with that, if anything I don't know if 50 would be enough. In any case a second series was already confirmed awhile ago just no date has been set yet.

There are so many side stories they have created that, and they have told so little about any of the characters pasts yes even Lelouch and Suzaku that people want to know.

Examples: C.C.'s real name, past, wish she wants granted by Lelouch?

Viletta what is she going to do with Zero's identity?,

Shirley what is she going to do with Zero's identity?,

why did V.V. take Nunnaly?

who was shot Kallen, Lelouch or Suzaku?,

Will Kallen continue to follow Lelouch?(if she fights with Suzaku, Sunrise will be burned)

Will we ever get a single flashback of Naoto at all?

Lelouch's past how did he end up connected with Ashford?

Suzaku's past; what made him a person who wanted to change Britannia from the inside/ Japanese traitor?

how did killing his father change him afterwards?

what will happen to Nunnaly?

Will Ougi face Viletta again?

They had Ougi mention he used to be an Ashford teacher when did Naoto approach him and ask him to join resistance?

Can Lelouch regain trust of OoBK and take control of Japan? How about what the Homeland/America looks like now?

How does C.C. get back from the Pacific Basin?

Is Orange-kun finally dead?

Is Cornelia dead?

Who is the Chinese woman with her back to the computer listening to Zero's speech in episode 23?

What will the emperor do in response to this rebellion?

These are just a few of the questions people want answered and if they left alot of these questions unanswered, people would be upset with the series.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:32   Link #3017
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
@blue_mercy
totally agree with you
so many mysterious things not reveal yet
Old 2007-07-29, 13:10   Link #3018
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

OVA's are better suited for answering questions. They can make each ep run as long as they can put in on 1 DVD and that's plenty of time to answer anything. And they'd make much more money with them and that's what it's all about.

and Ansa where's your definite PROOF that it'll be a series?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-07-29, 13:51   Link #3019
WhiteWings

Well, the second series is certainly not going to be like anything it was in the first series judging from how things ended.

Episodes 24 and 25....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-29, 15:42   Link #3020
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know Blue_Mercy, everything you mentioned could easily be summed up in a few OVA's.

Majek understands~

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers