Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-26, 11:26   Link #321
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
If it is that little god who is resetting, why don't they accept fate and just let Rika die?

they accept fate = no moar show
Old 2007-10-26, 11:36   Link #322
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Lol, but then they could rest in peace! Maybe that is what happens in the end anyways.

Also, why does this god get to reset? Since she is the local god, why does her reset affect even places outside of the town. Is she like the most powerful, yet weakest(Can't do anything to actually help them when alive)?

Last edited by Messerschmitt_Bf-109; 2007-10-26 at 11:47.
Old 2007-10-26, 11:38   Link #323
Rayneing
Trombe!

That... wouldn't be a fitting ending.
Old 2007-10-26, 15:28   Link #324
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Lol, but then they could rest in peace! Maybe that is what happens in the end anyways.

Also, why does this god get to reset? Since she is the local god, why does her reset affect even places outside of the town. Is she like the most powerful, yet weakest(Can't do anything to actually help them when alive)?
actually you said shes a GOD ... i mean no matter how crappy a god is some of her powers will be unfathomable by humans :P .

besides, i think we get to see a glimpse of her past (hanyuu) later i think

eh... anyone else here feel that the TIPs are like arent getting fully animated ? what i read in animesuki forum and what i see in the anime is like... different

Last edited by kingsky123; 2007-10-26 at 15:56.
Old 2007-10-28, 05:39   Link #325
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
If it is that little god who is resetting, why don't they accept fate and just let Rika die?
For starters, Rika doesn't want to die because they want to see what the future is like. Hanyuu was ready to give up.

And I don't know about you, but if I kept getting repeatedly killed, I want to at least know what the hell killed me in the first place.
Old 2007-10-28, 13:57   Link #326
christinemarie
Crazy One

Well a good announcement, Two of Higurashi Characters Rena Ryuguu and Rika Furude have made it in the SaiMoE 2007 Semi-Finals.

Back in the discussion feel sorry how Takano was still a child back then the hardships she faced.
Old 2007-10-30, 23:07   Link #327
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Hey I just finished all the pieces and I pretty much understand almost everything now. One thing I still don't understand, is why Keiichi shot those girls. It couldn't have been Hinamizawa Syndrome. Was it just the pressure of being a good student?
Also.
Spoiler for Satoshi:
Old 2007-10-31, 01:09   Link #328
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Hey I just finished all the pieces and I pretty much understand almost everything now. One thing I still don't understand, is why Keiichi shot those girls. It couldn't have been Hinamizawa Syndrome. Was it just the pressure of being a good student?
Also.
Spoiler for Satoshi:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-31, 01:16   Link #329
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
That's all it was. Just a teenager being a jerk. I wonder what he thought of Mion always carrying the kind of weapon he used?
Old 2007-11-01, 23:19   Link #330
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Well a good announcement, Two of Higurashi Characters Rena Ryuguu and Rika Furude have made it in the SaiMoE 2007 Semi-Finals.

Back in the discussion feel sorry how Takano was still a child back then the hardships she faced.
I don't I have to say. Nothing she went through was any worse than most of the cast went through. Yes, the orphanage she was in was abusive as hell, but we never actually see her abused. The only time she gets close is when she's going to be "punished" for her escape attempt and that's interrupted.

Besides, given what happens in episode 17 and the fact when she was saved, she kept quiet about what was going on there is simply horrible.
Old 2007-11-04, 20:41   Link #331
Davidj

Quote:
Hanyuu experiences life vicariously through her incarnation. (Shown to us by Rika punishing Hanyuu by eating things Hanyuu hates.). Rika is the only incarnation Hanyuu has. Therefore, by putting Rika on continuous loop, Hanyuu avoids losing contact with physical sensation. What's more, although Hanyuu was unaware of why it happens, she is doubtless aware that shortly after Rika goes, usually so do the rest of her people and her temple. Even in the cases where someone else kills Rika, the line of temple priests has been ended so Hanyuu will still have nobody to become another Incarnation or even carry out the day to day devotions of the temple. In Shinto tradition, a kami who is not honored, either fades away entirely or becomes a demon-like being. Shinto exorcisms do not so much drive out demons, as soothe them, reminding them of their nature as kami, restoring them to a state of nonhostility.
Old 2007-11-04, 20:47   Link #332
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Well that explains why. Thanks.

So when she resets, does the entire world reset? It seems that places outside the village(Tokyo, etc) also gets reset. Is that little god that powerful?
Old 2007-11-04, 21:14   Link #333
CrisisDarkerXIV

Mm, in the arc where Shion goes insane, killing everyone, was the syringe that Rika had trying to inject Shion with a vaccine or something?
And after, did Rika kill herself to reboot the world?
Old 2007-11-04, 21:25   Link #334
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post
Mm, in the arc where Shion goes insane, killing everyone, was the syringe that Rika had trying to inject Shion with a vaccine or something?
The syringe was the syndrome suppressing drug Irie and Takano developed. Rika killed herself because she remembered what it was like to die at Shion's hands.
Old 2007-11-04, 21:31   Link #335
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

yes the little god is that powerful :P.
Old 2007-11-04, 21:33   Link #336
Davidj

Quote:
Well that explains why. Thanks.

So when she resets, does the entire world reset? It seems that places outside the village(Tokyo, etc) also gets reset. Is that little god that powerful?
No, Hanyuu does nothing to the world. We've seen two of the worlds that Hanyuu and Rika left behind 20 years later. It's still there. All of them continued on. All she does is move Rika's soul back in time, possibly into a parallel world that always existed, or perhaps the new parallels are created simply by the act of time travel. But either way, the only thing that is being "reset" is Rika herself.
Old 2007-11-04, 21:37   Link #337
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i think she pulls all the dead souls back with only rika remembering clearly what happened because she is close to hanyuu. those alive souls get to continue on with their lives.
Old 2007-11-05, 15:37   Link #338
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post
To elaborate better:

Spoiler for C120 syringe:
Old 2007-11-07, 03:50   Link #339
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

After watching ep 18 last night it finally dawned on me that the final chapter was coming, and I hadn't been able to fulfill the wish of playing through the game and reading the TIPS and Pieces within the game before the anime was over...

So I spent the rest of last night reading the TIPS and today on the Pieces and now after finishing them I want to cry T_T Fight-O everyone! Break through the 3 rules! And to apologize to the characters for not putting in the will to play through the game.. gomen nasai gomen nasai gomen nasai T_T

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-16, 02:13   Link #340
Aortic

Spoiler for Question about Droopy-tan's misadventures at the orphanage.:
Closed Thread