AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-24, 03:23   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 518 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Some spoilers out..

Quote:
-Sai is cool...defeats his brother (apparently).

-Omoi also does stuff...

-Deidara and Sasori still survive...

That's all for now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 03:26   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol sai is cool.

deidara/sasori survive! Score! more humor please!
Old 2010-11-24, 03:47   Link #3
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
deidara/sasori survive! Score! more humor please!
The immortal zombies surviving? Whodda thunk it?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 03:52   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The immortal zombies surviving? Whodda thunk it?
Seemingly Shin dies though...
Old 2010-11-24, 04:47   Link #5
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Seemingly Shin dies though...
Unless there's more to that spoiler out, "defeat" can mean "sufficiently restrained"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 04:57   Link #6
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Unless there's more to that spoiler out, "defeat" can mean "sufficiently restrained"
Ohana didn't uses "is defeated" but "vanishes / disappears" and "dies".
It's still vague though. We have zero details on how it happened.

Edit : confirmed. Shin is gone.

updated spoiler.

the fights break out. Sai vs Shin, Omoi vs Deidara, Sasori vs Kankurou.
Deidara attempts a suicide move since it's not going to kill him, but he is trolled again with the Raiton > Doton rule. Omoi hits him pretty hard.
Zombie Sasori meets Puppet Sasori.
Short Root flashback. Sai shows the picture of him and his brother holding hands. Then he ties Shin's soul to the picture.
Convo between Kankurou and Sasori on how the puppeteer became a puppet.

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-11-24 at 06:37.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 08:45   Link #7
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

A lot of explination went into how they were going to have to defeat the zombies. With the primary means of victory being to separate/isolate the soul from the body with a sealing jutsu. But realistically how would a decapitated ninja still fight, or one without arms still cast jutsu? I don't know why that big explanation was made, but it would have been scarier to see some ninja not even be phased by having his arm cut off than having it explained beforehand.

Still looking forward to new jutsu. At least Kishi doesn't disappoint in that category.
Old 2010-11-24, 08:57   Link #8
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Sai shows the picture of him and his brother holding hands. Then he ties Shin's soul to the picture.
-Well I'll be damned, there is more than one sealing jutsu that can target the soul. Too bad Sai wasn't around 3 years ago to save Sandaime's ass against the meta-zombie kages but this is at least nice to have now. Of course, to make it not abusable Kishimoto is probably going to say that Sai's sealing could only be done because he had a connection to the zombie or some other bull.
Old 2010-11-24, 10:42   Link #9
Rahan

Well, that's not a sealing jutsu after all.
Sai pulls a Naruto. He shows his book and starts preaching. Shin sees the picture of him and Sai holding hands and then his soul breaks free of Edo Tensei and he can go to heaven.*

On the other hand, Omoi, Sai and Kankurou teamed up to fodderize Sasori and Deidara who are already captured and restrained in Kankurou's puppet.

*pretty much means it is how Itachi will finally go to the other side.
Sasuke will send him off, so Sasuke has to be redeemed for Itachi to be able to move on, so Sasuke vs Naruto is going to start very very soon.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 11:23   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Sai pulls a Naruto. He shows his book and starts preaching. Shin sees the picture of him and Sai holding hands and then his soul breaks free of Edo Tensei and he can go to heaven.*

On the other hand, Omoi, Sai and Kankurou teamed up to fodderize Sasori and Deidara who are already captured and restrained in Kankurou's puppet.
-Again, colour me surprised. It seems Naruto's Friendship no Jutsu is active even while he is no longer on screen/panel. The fact that Sai can pull it off shows you just how infectious this jutsu really is. Screw the Rasenshuriken, Naruto has a much bigger ace. Hell, why is he a ninja still? Just convert to whatever theology is present and insert yourself as a humble messenger, then score. Madara thinks he has brainwashing down? He ain't got shit on Naruto here.

-Oh hey, Deidara and Sasori were restrained by virtual fodder. So much for their epic return to battle, no? I guess their deaths to a shriveled old lady and Failkura, plus failed suicide against Sasuke respectively are supposed to be their highlight fights.
Old 2010-11-24, 12:12   Link #11
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

If Deidara and Sasori really got defeated in under a chapter against nonames (No disrespect to Kankuro/Omoi/Sai but these guys are nowhere near Kage level), then Deidara/Sasori really lost alot of strength being turned into zombies which means the zombies as a whole aren't really a force to worry about saved for the psychological purposes Kabuto has in mind for them.

I really hope this isn't the case as there is huge potential here for good match ups. It is one thing to pull a surprise on these characters, but I don't think it is a good sign for the zombies to beaten so quickly and so easily.
Old 2010-11-24, 14:36   Link #12
james0246

Another fun bit of spoiler: Deidara was a mere second away from using his C0 technique (the atomic bomb technique), before Omoi stopped him by using his elemental affinity (as it is, Deidara still managed to blow up Shin and have him reform). What makes this really interesting is the fact that, as I and others predicted, Deidara mentions that he can use the technique continuously…so if he had not been used as an actual fighter, but rather a Suicide Bomber, then he could have potentially destroyed the entire Army with little problem…

As match-ups go, Deidara, Sasori and Shin were simply outdone by their opponents, not due to their opponents strength (which was weaker), but due to their own flaws. Shin was defeated by the only person with a connection to his soul stronger than Kabuto's control; Sasori fell to another puppeteer solely because Sasori himself had become a puppet (literally being controlled by another); and Deidara fell, once again, to his extreme weakness to Lightning.

While I would have liked to see the group kill a few more Shinobi, this feels like a fitting end for the 3 Zombies, and while the Shin bit is a little cheesy, I like the development.
Old 2010-11-24, 15:09   Link #13
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Chuukichi is still out there. Maybe he turns the tide and releases Sasori and Deidara. Or Sasori makes an epic response to being trash talked to by Kankuro. He built Crow and Black Ant. He has to know how to get out of them.

I could buy this being a fitting end after three chapters of fighting and some deaths. But this seems like Kishi wants to speed through the war and end the manga. The good guys should not have it this easy even if they have an advantage.

This is for worse than Kubo since at least he allowed some of the good guys to be injured(Not that it mattered). Sai, Omoi, and Kankuro weren't even touched. Seriously, they can just keep marching on and fight more. There has to be more.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 15:55   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
So... the reason why Sarutobi and the first two hokages must spend eternity trapped within the death god's stomach is because their bonds of friendship just weren't strong enough?... well, sucks to be them

Guess we can say the reason why anyone won't be able to beat their loved ones from now on will because they just didn't love eachother enough... huh...
Quote:
Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Quote:
*pretty much means it is how Itachi will finally go to the other side.
Sasuke will send him off, so Sasuke has to be redeemed for Itachi to be able to move on, so Sasuke vs Naruto is going to start very very soon.
Well I'm still hoping that Itachi will give sasuke a good bitch slap and tell him to stop being such a twat before he goes...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 16:12   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
So... the reason why Sarutobi and the first two hokages must spend eternity trapped within the death god's stomach is because their bonds of friendship just weren't strong enough?... well, sucks to be them
Actually it is completely different circumstances. In that battle, Orochimaru neutered the personalities of the old Kages, rendering the "attack" we see in this chapter impossible to accomplish in that battle. Consequently, Kabuto needs to start neutering his Zombies, else they will all be killed with the power of Love...
Old 2010-11-24, 16:36   Link #16
Nobodyman9
Banned

So is this how all the zombies with emotional attachments to the characters are going to be defeated? With the power of love? If so, that's going to be extremely lame.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 17:03   Link #17
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

All these characters are apart of the new generation. I doubt even hoherto(?) would die in this war. Casualties such as anko, aburame guy, and the other two reinforce this. Kages will go down. Bodyguards will go down. Jounins will go down. Ten ten will outlive them all on the battlefield. My only beef is this love bondage thing. This better be a one off thing else, as stated above, this would be very VERY lame
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 17:15   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So is this how all the zombies with emotional attachments to the characters are going to be defeated? With the power of love? If so, that's going to be extremely lame.
Which is why Kabuto needs to quickly neuter their personalities.
Old 2010-11-24, 17:59   Link #19
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
All these characters are apart of the new generation. I doubt even hoherto(?) would die in this war. Casualties such as anko, aburame guy, and the other two reinforce this. Kages will go down. Bodyguards will go down. Jounins will go down. Ten ten will outlive them all on the battlefield. My only beef is this love bondage thing. This better be a one off thing else, as stated above, this would be very VERY lame
If we had any bondage in Naruto the series would become 10x more interesting :P
Old 2010-11-24, 18:28   Link #20
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Next week will tells us what is really happening. I noticed from the RAW that Kishi didn't show any of the other divisions moving or Naruto this chapter. Usually he sets up the next chapter after a battle ends. That would tell me we aren't done here yet.

It's not surprising at all the young ninja are shining. Expect that. It's just that Kishi loves to go back and forth with his battles. One side looks beat and then they make a comeback. But this was a total owning of supposedly elite ninja. It wasn't even a fight. It doesn't follow his pattern. And if like Deidara said, this battle will set the tone of the war, then Kabuto and Madara might as well go home. They haven't even faced the Alliance's heavy hitters and more important characters.

So I'll predict that Kabuto does something through Chuukichi and we are at a much different place next chapter.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion