AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-11, 04:23   Link #521
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Renji defeated one of Grimmjaws fracion and Ishida when they first met. That makes two.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-09-11 at 04:44.
Old 2011-09-11, 08:59   Link #522
secretzfan
*Fansubber

HAAK
Quote:
most of the action that we saw is what we've already seen.
This is the biggest issue with Bleach movies and this is y there quality is sooo low. It is like what disney does with it's movies along with other shows. Giving way to much info
Old 2011-09-11, 10:13   Link #523
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I know. At least we didn't get any mass captain rescue like in the other three films though.
Old 2011-09-12, 03:30   Link #524
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Renji defeated one of Grimmjaws fracion and Ishida when they first met. That makes two.
oh yeah...
Old 2011-09-16, 00:23   Link #525
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
I'm kinda disappointed after seeing this film.
This response from you and other fans amazes me. It's as if Bleach's movies were so awesome and this one didn't live up to the standards set by the previous ones...when Bleach movies usually SUCK.

I watch em expecting total fail and when one is actually good, I am pleasantly surprised. Next time, lower your expectations before you see it. Even if it sucks you will be like.."Oh..it was better than I thought it was" and you'll never be disappointed again
Quote:
The hell world was actually an interesting concept where the morality of it could've been explored
Why do we have to that? ..It's a place sinners go an suffer for eternity as payback for the sins they committed in life. Death is no escape because you're already dead, so there is no way you're getting out of suffering. Your lack of morality is how you got there in the first place ...what is there left to explore?

That's just like with Avatar--people were found fault with a lot of things and messages that JC could have sent out and it was anti-government or cliched stereotypes. Me? I went it expecting to see a human dude fall in love with a 10ft tall Blue Alien chick on some fictional planet in outer space . Complete with a few " fight -the- bad -humans- who- are- destroying- the- planet-and-make-them-go-away" scenes and that's exactly what I got and I LOVED IT. Same thing with Jiboku Hen movie--no actually I expected to hate it but I liked it better than all of the other ones
Hell=Eternal Damnation

"Exactly what is says on the Tin"
Sometimes things just aren't that deep nor do they have to be to be enjoyed *shrugs*
Quote:
but that never happened and then any potential was brutually killed off when "hell" decided to help Ichigo. How, I'm not entirely sure. That was the first thing that popped into my mind. Is the actual place "hell" a living entity or was there someone in charge up above that decided to help? It was yet again one of those gaping absence of information.

It needed explaining? --Hell's will and Ichigo had the same objective--to keep the sinners in hell from escaping. Ichigo wasn't trying to hell Kokuto escape...he was trying to make sure he stayed chained in hell and suffer for eternity for his sins. At that point he was recognized as one of them and so they aided him in his endeavor --I liked that part--the most baffling thing to me was...

What did he do to them? I saw no blood, no wounds, just weapons disappear....why are they hurt and down for the count?

otherwise, it was a great movie. Beautifully acted, beautiful setting, lovely artwork. Not one character looked deformed. ACTION PACKED. The plot wasn't complicated... Bad guys try to break out of hell because it's hell to be there. ...OKAY!

It was everything a Shounen movie about a fighting series should be...and very entertaining.
Old 2011-09-16, 01:31   Link #526
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
This response from you and other fans amazes me. It's as if Bleach's movies were so awesome and this one didn't live up to the standards set by the previous ones...when Bleach movies usually SUCK.

I watch em expecting total fail and when one is actually good, I am pleasantly surprised. Next time, lower your expectations before you see it. Even if it sucks you will be like.."Oh..it was better than I thought it was" and you'll never be disappointed again
Well that 7/10 for Memories of Nobody wasn't a typo. I genuinly thought it was good.

And I've heard that "lower your expectations" thing before and to be honest I'd rather keep my standards exactly where they are. Lowering them is exactly what I want to avoid.

Quote:
Why do we have to that? ..It's a place sinners go an suffer for eternity as payback for the sins they committed in life. Death is no escape because you're already dead, so there is no way you're getting out of suffering. Your lack of morality is how you got there in the first place ...what is there left to explore?
You don't consider the concept of Hell to be truly ambiguous and debatable subject? The concept of Hell is partly the reason why a lot of atheists reject the concept of Abrahamaic religions. Sorry, it's just that I did Philosophy during college so I'm just more interested in these things.

Quote:
That's just like with Avatar--people were found fault with a lot of things and messages that JC could have sent out and it was anti-government or cliched stereotypes. Me? I went it expecting to see a human dude fall in love with a 10ft tall Blue Alien chick on some fictional planet in outer space . Complete with a few " fight -the- bad -humans- who- are- destroying- the- planet-and-make-them-go-away" scenes and that's exactly what I got and I LOVED IT. Same thing with Jiboku Hen movie--no actually I expected to hate it but I liked it better than all of the other ones
Hell=Eternal Damnation

"Exactly what is says on the Tin"
Sometimes things just aren't that deep nor do they have to be to be enjoyed *shrugs*
Not always no, but I think in this case it would've helped. If you're going to go for a straight "action packed but lacking depth" kinda story, then it's important that lack of depth is made up for by a combination of good creativity and execution (e.g Summer Wars or Redline). Sadly this film was lacking in those areas as well...

Quote:
It needed explaining? --Hell's will and Ichigo had the same objective--to keep the sinners in hell from escaping. Ichigo wasn't trying to hell Kokuto escape...he was trying to make sure he stayed chained in hell and suffer for eternity for his sins. At that point he was recognized as one of them and so they aided him in his endeavor --I liked that part--
That's...not what I was confused about. I understood "Hell's will". What I was confused about was who was behind "Hell's will". Was is Soul Society? Was it someone in charge of Hell that we didn't see? Was it Hell it self that has a mind of it's own?

Quote:
the most baffling thing to me was...

What did he do to them? I saw no blood, no wounds, just weapons disappear....why are they hurt and down for the count? .
They succumbed to the "Shonen Secondary Character Syndrome"

Last edited by Haak; 2011-09-16 at 14:16.
Old 2011-09-17, 16:02   Link #527
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Quote:
Well that 7/10 for Memories of Nobody wasn't a typo. I genuinly thought it was good.

Quote:

You don't consider the concept of Hell to be truly ambiguous and debatable subject? The concept of Hell is partly the reason why a lot of atheists reject the concept of Abrahamaic religions. Sorry, it's just that I did Philosophy during college so I'm just more interested in these things.
Actually Hell is more of a idea that shouldn't can be differed from person to person.I agree it is philosophical. That is y the idea that the movie tried to make it so simplistic is totally wrong. They should have went more in depth on the people of Hell and what they did wrong.

Quote:
Not always no, but I think in this case it would've helped. If you're going to go for a straight "action packed but lacking depth" kinda story, then it's important that lack of depth is made up for by a combination of good creativity and execution (e.g Summer Wars or Redline). Sadly this film was lacking in those areas as well...
Hell's make up was very creative and entertaining. How Hell works was also creative.

That's...not what I was confused about. I understood "Hell's will". What I was confused about was who was behind "Hell's will". Was is Soul Society? Was it someone in charge of Hell that we didn't see? Was it Hell it self that has a mind of it's own?

I though that part was kinda of obvious. They never brought up the Devil so they made it sound like it had a will of its own. It is only natural Hell helped Ichigo because Ichigo was helping keep the sinners in Hell. Highly wrong and out of character on Ichigo's part but yea........
Old 2011-09-18, 14:28   Link #528
Aqua Knight

Some say OST for this movie sucked, but I don't agree it has, like other Bleach movie OST, awesome tunes like this.

Aizen being sealed soundtrack comes from this movie
It also has nice lyrics
Spoiler for lyrics:
Old 2011-09-19, 11:52   Link #529
Araxiel

One gripe I had with this was the 'standardised damaged appearance' Ichigo's Bankai outfit seemed to have. Both times his coat gets damaged in the film, it swiftly reverts to the 'just the right sleeve' look he had when fighting Ulquiorra.
I don't mind it getting damaged, but being damaged in the exact same way both times?
Bonus points for being apparently unable to enter Full Hollow mode unless his outfit's reverted to the same state as when he first did it [in much the same way as Ikkaku can only do his Bankai while shirtless]. It's as if the right sleeve's indestructible, while the rest is a seal on his Hollow mode?

Before this becomes a complete 'complaining' post, I have to agree that the soundtrack was nice... and Cometh The Hour linked above was excellent. It's one of those 'Shit's getting serious' songs that Bleach OSTs do a good line in.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:55   Link #530
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
That wasn't a typo?!?!

Honestly I didn't care for that movie at all...but I am not sure if was because I thought it was crap or because I hated Senna because I am an IchiRuki shipper or because she was an annoying mix of Orihime and Rukia or all of the above
Quote:
And I've heard that "lower your expectations" thing before and to be honest I'd rather keep my standards exactly where they are. Lowering them is exactly what I want to avoid.
You don't have to lower them...I am just saying "high expectations" shouldn't apply to Bleach movies because they're generally crap

You have a better chance of actually plucking the moon out of the sky than you doing seeing a Bleach movie that's actually AMAZING.

Quote:
You don't consider the concept of Hell to be truly ambiguous and debatable subject?
No. I think it's a pointless debate to be honest, because it depends largely on what ones culture, religious beliefs, and morals are.

There are some things that doesn't need to be debated. Kokuto said "I wanted others to experience the same pain that I did" that means he went around killing the younger sisters of others. Some acts are just depraved, clearly- no debate.

Quote:
or you have great battle scenes--which it did, despite some of them being rehashes of previous manga fights

The action more than made up for everything else it lacked

Quote:
I am going to take a guess here and say--it's the "same being" who created SS, Living Realm, Shinigami and Hollows

I will wait for Kubo to give that explanation in the manga. I don't want a movie that he said he had nothing to do with, to tell us that. I believe he should and I am glad they didn't tell us that

Quote:
They succumbed to the "Shonen Secondary Character Syndrome"
...is that what that was? Thanks for clearing that up for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
One gripe I had with this was the 'standardised damaged appearance' Ichigo's Bankai outfit seemed to have. Both times his coat gets damaged in the film, it swiftly reverts to the 'just the right sleeve' look he had when fighting Ulquiorra.
I don't mind it getting damaged, but being damaged in the exact same way both times?
Bonus points for being apparently unable to enter Full Hollow mode unless his outfit's reverted to the same state as when he first did it [in much the same way as Ikkaku can only do his Bankai while shirtless]. It's as if the right sleeve's indestructible, while the rest is a seal on his Hollow mode?

Before this becomes a complete 'complaining' post, I have to agree that the soundtrack was nice... and Cometh The Hour linked above was excellent. It's one of those 'Shit's getting serious' songs that Bleach OSTs do a good line in.
--I didn't notice any of that before you posted it...especially shirtless being a prerequisite for Ikkaku's bankai...

I guess that right sleeve is made out of some materials the rest of his Shihakusho isn't made of
Old 2011-09-21, 14:08   Link #531
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
That wasn't a typo?!?!

Honestly I didn't care for that movie at all...but I am not sure if was because I thought it was crap or because I hated Senna because I am an IchiRuki shipper or because she was an annoying mix of Orihime and Rukia or all of the above
I suppose that's why. I liked that film precisely because of Senna.

Quote:
You don't have to lower them...I am just saying "high expectations" shouldn't apply to Bleach movies because they're generally crap

You have a better chance of actually plucking the moon out of the sky than you doing seeing a Bleach movie that's actually AMAZING.
As far as I'm aware of that essentially means lowering my expectations.

Quote:
No. I think it's a pointless debate to be honest, because it depends largely on what ones culture, religious beliefs, and morals are.

There are some things that doesn't need to be debated. Kokuto said "I wanted others to experience the same pain that I did" that means he went around killing the younger sisters of others. Some acts are just depraved, clearly- no debate.
That was the point when I thought it was beginning to throw away the potential. But even at that point I'd still find it debatable.

Quote:
or you have great battle scenes--which it did, despite some of them being rehashes of previous manga fights

The action more than made up for everything else it lacked
That's why I gave it a 5/10. They did count for something but my perspective on fight scenes is different from yours. You obviously hold choreography in high regard. In all honestly I don't. I'm more interested in the emotions and the depth that is involved and why they're fighting. So to me those fight scenes were all flash and no substance (except for the last bit which had some substance)

Quote:
I am going to take a guess here and say--it's the "same being" who created SS, Living Realm, Shinigami and Hollows

I will wait for Kubo to give that explanation in the manga. I don't want a movie that he said he had nothing to do with, to tell us that. I believe he should and I am glad they didn't tell us that
Well...you know my positon on this already...
Old 2011-09-21, 16:31   Link #532
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:

As far as I'm aware of that essentially means lowering my expectations.
yes because "great expectations" and " Bleach Movies" in the same sentence seems wrong, somehow

but in anything else, it's cool...
Quote:

That's why I gave it a 5/10. They did count for something but my perspective on fight scenes is different from yours. You obviously hold choreography in high regard. In all honestly I don't. I'm more interested in the emotions and the depth that is involved and why they're fighting. So to me those fight scenes were all flash and no substance (except for the last bit which had some substance)

As for emotions I thought Morita was brilliant and yeah I do like choreography...the fights in Bleach Movies are usually bad because Ichigo gets nerfed in the movies so filler villains have a chance ...but this time I liked the fights and I thought the emotions were pretty damn good

I like battle scenes a lot..it's my primary reason for loving Shounen and Bleach
Old 2011-10-20, 04:47   Link #533
Kallen4life

eh, it was alright

redone Ulqui fight was ok (& the music), Hollow Ichigo's nukish ceros totally rocked (though I wish he'd fight more with Kokuto), the overall music was good, animation was good .. Orihime's new outfit

plot what plot ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-10-20, 05:14   Link #534
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
eh, it was alright

redone Ulqui fight was ok (& the music), Hollow Ichigo's nukish ceros totally rocked (though I wish he'd fight more with Kokuto), the overall music was good, animation was good .. Orihime's new outfit

plot what plot ?
She had a new outifit? I didn't notice that. I was pissed because they can show Rukia's butt but they can't animate Ichigo ripping of Ulqy's arm and throwing it back at him. He held a torso in the anime. Is holding a torso really better than ripping of an arm and throwing it back at the owner of said arm? I don't get it, and that part was gangsta I wanted to see it animated. You don't know how crushed I am over that and I spoke to soon when I said
Quote:
Not one character looked deformed.
Whomever did the artwork for Ukitake and Hitsu should be tortured and have their hands cut off--Especially Ukitake did you see his face?!?!
Old 2012-09-21, 07:30   Link #535
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

UPDATE: Viz Media will be releasing Bleach the Movie 4: Hell Verse to Blu-Ray and DVD in the U.S. on December 04, 2012.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-for-december
Closed Thread