AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-15, 15:32   Link #261
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for Yuu:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 02:31   Link #262
Traece
:cool:

I had a feeling that the picture he drew of her would end up being really good, but... Such a low blow.

It was interesting that the two of them had a lot of fun doing the same things they used to, and it was a surprisingly light-hearted turn for this show. I wonder if we'll see more of her friend? Although after that heartbreaking revelation she might be too jealous to see Yuu again.
Old 2013-07-16, 02:54   Link #263
erhyka

I just want to give her a big hug and hold her hand all the way to a therapist's office.

Super enjoyed this episode, but I hated that fat kid, though it's nice to see Tomoko happy over the drawing even if it is bittersweet.

Ahhh her worries reminds me of my teenage years like being the only one left without a partner and comparing myself to an old friend and feeling miserable. No matter how flawed her character is, it just makes her more realistic and relatable.
Like those scenarios she plays in her head do often happen in animes, but rarely in real life.

In other animes, she probably would've already attracted the guy in the glasses or squeezed her way into the popular kids group or learned how to put concealer on lol.
Ohhh how I enjoy satirical dark comedies.
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 03:57   Link #264
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
That's the point
She ought to but she only took comfort in that her "friend" was the same or lesser then her.
And then it turned out to be the exact opposite when her friend was living the life that Tomoko oh so wanted.
Old 2013-07-16, 04:27   Link #265
Bern-san

I loled when I saw her room with posters of Diabolik Lovers and listening to the Yandere Heaven drama cd

I still don't know how to feel about her, she makes me laugh but sometimes I find her either creepy or pity her.

I knew that the friend would end up being pretty and stylish, good to listen to Kana-chan. I actually ship the two even if the friend has a boyfriend.

Another enjoyable episode, I hope her brother appears in the next one
Old 2013-07-16, 04:34   Link #266
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Spoiler for Yuu:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 04:39   Link #267
Bern-san

^My guess is that
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-07-16, 04:56   Link #268
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
^My guess is that
Spoiler for :
Tomoko makes a big deal about her 'High school debut' and, given her otaku nature, she's likely taking cues from anime where new high school students never keep in contact with their middle school friends. She wanted a new and prosperous school life so she likely thought that she couldn't rely on her friend Yuu anymore/she wanted to leave her behind and gain new friends, as is the case for most non 'childhood friend' acquaintances in anime and manga.

Except unlike Keima, her show runs on RL logic and having knowledge on games doesn't help her at all.
Old 2013-07-16, 05:00   Link #269
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It just goes to show that even those who consider themselves stuck in the darkest depths can find someone to talk to if they just reach out to them.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 06:12   Link #270
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

This anime is cruel! lol That ending made me feel soooo bad for Kuroki The entire time she was happy with Yuu on their day out, then Yuu tells Kuroki about her boyfriend which depresses Kuroki again, but then she remembers the picture the guy had drawn off her and I just went "Well at least she's still got that" but then they had to come out with that last bit with him drawing her face over and over and saying it's something easy to draw XD

Poor Kuroki, felt really bad for her on that ending. At least she does have a friend though that we hopefully see again in the future.
Old 2013-07-16, 06:53   Link #271
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

tomoko listen to ipod story got called from person from middle school to meet in weekend so tomoko going wonder to ready yet she puke her food away.

so at school trying quick lunch yet no body notice her to point she went nurse to nap recover then school over got a baseball give back & seeing couple plan alone together going snark thinking blah to huh.

still wonder to do give trying fantasy think til desk guts ow then had do art with fat guy yet had messed-up wonder on him til art he made art done quick so tomoko just simple draw yet find his "ok".

day arrive tomoko meet person from middle school aka yuu yet she more well done than tomoko yet still ok give coffee, arcade, etc then day over yet tomoko go life my school life is like nobody notice but i will survive.

yet yuu bit understand give reason also meet tomoko cause prob with a guy caused tomoko to ipod listen & back to usual doing.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 06:59   Link #272
hamazura
whatever

lol , the feeling of "old friend who happen at the same level back then now become far superior than me"...
I skip yuu part because its too painful to watch. its feel like kuroki is betrayed or something
Old 2013-07-16, 07:42   Link #273
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

The pain of realizing your fellow loser friend is way ahead of you. This episode is pretty much Tomoko's life in a nutshell - finding a single ray of hope just for it to be crushed and shredded to pieces by the cruel reality. Indeed, being Tomoko is suffering.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:48   Link #274
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
The pain of realizing your fellow loser friend is way ahead of you. This episode is pretty much Tomoko's life in a nutshell - finding a single ray of hope just for it to be crushed and shredded to pieces by the cruel reality. Indeed, being Tomoko is suffering.
Its called DESPAIR
if kuroki enter dangan ronpa, her title would be "Super Duper High School Despair"
Old 2013-07-16, 07:51   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tomoko's fantasies are hilarious. "If I go back to the fantasy while it still hurts, the deflowering scene will be more realistic"

Yuu-chan was really cute in the anime. I can sympathize with Tomoko. It would be quite a shock for me as well if I met old friends and found they became riajuu while I'm still a loser.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:06   Link #276
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
"Why is the cellphone going off by itself?!" lol

Great episode. Loved how it seemed to give some hope for Tomoko in every front..just to make things worse at the end.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 09:14   Link #277
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Awesome. Laughed for the whole damn episode! Seriously, haven't been laughing like this for years!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 09:15   Link #278
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhyka View Post
I just want to give her a big hug and hold her hand all the way to a therapist's office.
She'd probably freak out, punch you in the face and run away Usain Bolt style...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 09:20   Link #279
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
She'd probably freak out, punch you in the face and run away Usain Bolt style...
("A cute guy is offering to hold my hand and walk me to the nurse's office...")

"O-O-okay..."

("I can't wait to tell Yuu about this!")
Old 2013-07-16, 09:36   Link #280
novalysis

I must admit, I am extremely impressed with Tomoko's voice actress. To be able to pull off Tomoko's voice and sheer awkwardness requires some impressive talent.

The punch line of the manga artist was a wonderful stinger to end yet another impressive cringe inducing episode of Watamoe.

But, given the sheer amount of sexual innuendo, and the direction Tomoko's life is heading .... if she ends up in the sex industry and eventually dies of drug overdoes, I won't be surprised. That's how grim this show is.

To the point that one could easily write a heartwarming Watamoe fanfic about Tomoko being put together by an excellent psychologist, after almost comitting suicide.

Spoiler for And in true Watamoe fashion:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, dark comedy, high school, satire, slice of life