AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-02-02, 05:37   Link #2001
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

I finally got a figurine I've placed the preorder for more than 4 months ago xDDDD

It was a Comic LO figurine (yepp, 100% lolicon figurine xDDDD) the Comic Lo - Takamichi Cover Illustration one

BTW I can ost the pictures of the box here but better to put the pictures of the figurine in a spoiler xDDDDDD

Spoiler for Pictures of the figurine NSFW and LOLICON:
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 05:47   Link #2002
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Shishido Akiha has joined my party. She is one that got left in her box for a few weeks because I was organizing things. Glad I finally got her out. I think she's totally cool. That dynamic forward leaning pose has me concerned, though. We shall see how that foot pin holds out.

I just grabbed a snapshot of her, because I found some far better images of her here.

Oh, and getting back to dust for a minute... has anyone ever tried using cans of compressed air? You know.... the one you can buy for cleaning out your computer, with the plastic straw you plug into the nozzle. I have before, with any left over air from the computer use. I seems to work good as long as you keep a little distance between the nozzle and the figure.

Heh, I accidentally blew Yuki Nagato's glasses right out of her hand and sent the sailing across the living room. Had to get on hands and knees to find them. No harm done, though.

Anyhow.... just more thoughts on dealing with dust.
Old 2010-02-02, 14:58   Link #2003
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
I finally got a figurine I've placed the preorder for more than 4 months ago xDDDD

It was a Comic LO figurine (yepp, 100% lolicon figurine xDDDD) the Comic Lo - Takamichi Cover Illustration one
Since this thread is not about ethics or moral values -and I hope they stay out!-

I'll say right out that apart from the elbow seams that is a good looking figure
Old 2010-02-02, 17:13   Link #2004
Nataliya

Send a message via ICQ to Nataliya
Another BRS:

More of it.

Nataliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:27   Link #2005
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

I started collecting figures only about a year ago so I don't have much yet. I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to figures. I finally got around to taking some pictures. A lot of them are on a big black bookshelf that's a huge pain to keep dust free!

Spoiler for Rozen Maiden dolls:

Spoiler for SLOTH LOVES YOTSUBA:

Spoiler for Rei and Asuka in a heap of trouble:

Spoiler for Guts the chick magnet:

Spoiler for Kaname and Tessa things to panic about:

Spoiler for Rin and Shana:

Spoiler for Revy Yoko, groovy!:

Spoiler for Most recent additions:
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:50   Link #2006
mg1942

Quote:

BTW I can ost the pictures of the box here but better to put the pictures of the figurine in a spoiler xDDDDDD

looks like the one from Boku no Piko
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 19:05   Link #2007
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Re: Comic Lo - Takamichi Cover Illustration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
Since this thread is not about ethics or moral values -and I hope they stay out!-
That one weirded me out a bit, but I just decided to stay away from it.

Besides, I just got my Fate True Sonic Form today. Still in the box, I'm about to go break her out.

Yipeeee.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:49   Link #2008
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

O.M.G! This Fate True Sonic Form figure is huge. I'll leave a couple more pics (I've been on a roll lately anyhow).

When I got the one of younger Fate I thought it looked impressive, then came along Hayate, and now....

And I figured one of the two Fates together was only appropriate.

Next up in this Alter 1/7 collection is Teana Lanster... she just shipped. I put so many of these off, back when they first released, for one reason or another, and now I'm determined to hunt them down. I've got the Nanoha Exceed Mode one on preorder, but it's been pushed back a couple months.

Pretty soon, I'll have my own Mobile Section 6. I'll have to devote half of my spare room to them.
Old 2010-02-02, 22:15   Link #2009
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Kitsune:

I thought you were supposed to link NSFW stuff rather than spoiler it. The spoiler tag prevents the image from being displayed to the user but won't prevent most web browsers from loading the image into cache.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 23:48   Link #2010
Seitsuki
Onee!

I was gonna buy a BRS, the blade ver was ridiculously cheap for the quality, but with her jacket off it's barely a step above a lolicon figure it's a lolicon figure and I really wouldn't want to think about what happens if someone sees it ^^;; so I'm grabbing the Touhou nendos instead (yay nendo ♪)
Old 2010-02-03, 01:27   Link #2011
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Mushi
One of my friend has Fate True Sonic Form.
And i've seen it. He can stab a person using that Zanba...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 03:59   Link #2012
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
@Mushi
One of my friend has Fate True Sonic Form.
And i've seen it. He can stab a person using that Zanba...
Yeah, no kidding. After reading what you just said I got curious and measured it. The blade alone is 14.5 inches long. Definitely gonna' have to find a safe place for this one so she doesn't get bumped into.
Old 2010-02-03, 05:08   Link #2013
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post

I'll say right out that apart from the elbow seams that is a good looking figure
Yeah, I was pretty amazed for the details, I have to say that (letting aside the kind of figurine it is and just for that I LOVE it xDDDD) is one of my best figurines, very detailed, just as example, the "chair" she is sitting on is real wood, not plastic made, I think this kind of details made a figurine very special ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
looks like the one from Boku no Piko
Nope sorry, it's a loli xDDD
Takamichi os one of the best ilustrators of Comic LO ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Re: Comic Lo - Takamichi Cover Illustration...

That one weirded me out a bit, but I just decided to stay away from it.

Besides, I just got my Fate True Sonic Form today. Still in the box, I'm about to go break her out.

Yipeeee.

Don't get feared about it, that's just a figurine xDDD

BTW I should start thinking in buy any figurine of the Nanoha series as well... I still have none

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
@Kitsune:

I thought you were supposed to link NSFW stuff rather than spoiler it. The spoiler tag prevents the image from being displayed to the user but won't prevent most web browsers from loading the image into cache.
Didn't know about that, I thought just leaving the pictures closed in a spoler was enough... well, seems there's no problem anyways
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 20:18   Link #2014
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Could anyone recommend some good sources for buying figures and checking out future releases? Right now all I go by is hobbylink japan and yesasia.

Just got these three yesterday, I'm pretty happy with them. This is getting addicting.
Old 2010-02-04, 21:03   Link #2015
Starburst
Horo♥

MyFigureCollection.Net is a good resource for releases.

I shop mostly from AmiAmi.com now, though I have orders from a variety of sources, but AmiAmi tends to have the best pictures for reference, though that can vary depending on what the manufacturer provides them. Other stores I've used, Mandarake, Toyslogic, Play Asia and Yes Asia.

Two sites I visit often for upcoming figures are foo-bar-baz as well a アキバHOBBY, both are Japanese, but I'm only there for the pictures.

Edit: Btw ♥Horo
Old 2010-02-04, 22:56   Link #2016
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Re: Comic LO
Quote:
Don't get feared about it, that's just a figurine xDDD
Oh, the figure is cute. It's just that little ero scene being played out by those other smaller figures next to her in that one shot that caught me a bit off guard.

For info on figures and images... there's also Hobby Fan, and Kid Nemo. Thank you for those other links, Starburst.

Quote:
This is getting addicting.
Tell me about it. I have to go on the wagon once in awhile and restrain myself. But then... there I go again... off on another figure buying binge.
Old 2010-02-05, 00:39   Link #2017
problemedchild
ô_ô

So many nice figures coming out soon...... The only thing that's stopping me is my lack of space to display them. And thank god for that.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 00:40   Link #2018
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Alright thanks for all the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Tell me about it. I have to go on the wagon once in awhile and restrain myself. But then... there I go again... off on another figure buying binge.
Yeah I already collect several other things I didn't need this too but it's too late now, I'm hooked!

Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post

Edit: Btw ♥Horo
Right on!
Old 2010-02-05, 03:48   Link #2019
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Dweller View Post
Yeah I already collect several other things I didn't need this too but it's too late now, I'm hooked!
Anime artboxes and LE stuff for me. I just posted here about another of my recent forays into collecting Japanese stuff.
Old 2010-02-05, 17:17   Link #2020
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Dweller View Post
Could anyone recommend some good sources for buying figures and checking out future releases? Right now all I go by is hobbylink japan and yesasia.
Hobby Search is another place to check out when it comes to checking out future releases. As for the vendors that you've mentioned, HobbyLink Japan has usually been my choice when it comes to ordering anime figures (as well as other anime goodies), although I've also been using Play-Asia.com for a few items as well.

Quote:
Just got these three yesterday, I'm pretty happy with them. This is getting addicting.
Tell me about it. I started collecting the bigger figurines in October 2008, and right now, more than half of the shelves in the Dotolf cabinet that I bought to hold some of my collection is filled with these figures.