AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-09, 12:20   Link #1721
darktruth

Decided to put in a pre-order for Gamer's limited edition DVD release of The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie. I cancelled my HMV Japan order since Animate will also be getting the bookmark set along with theirs, it also seems KyoAni's store no longer lists any DVD or BD releases of the movie as I think they may have sold out all of allocated pre-orders that contains the bonus muffler towel before I could put in mine. Still got 4 copies on order after all this but still planning to buy Toranoana's release and considering on buying the regular DVD and BD releases for the unique cover art on each of them, this would take the total number of copies to 7
Old 2010-11-10, 01:13   Link #1722
netvope
SOS-Dan

I just happen to have clicked on the mp3 preview button of the 6th track on http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045KK9PW

It's the piece of music used in the movie. Considering I rarely listen to classical music, what a co-incidendent it is

Perhaps god is reminding me I still haven't ordered the Blu-ray. Hard to decide.

Last edited by netvope; 2010-11-10 at 19:35.
Old 2010-11-10, 07:10   Link #1723
Garby

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
I just happen to have clicked on the mp3 preview button on the 6th track on http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045KK9PW

It's the piece of music used in the movie. Considering I rarely listen to classical music, what a co-incidendent it is

Perhaps god is reminding me I still haven't ordered the Blu-ray. Hard to decide.
Ah, thank you for helping me find the piece from the trailer.

Related note: listening to that piece of music made me really excited for Disappearance again. :|
Old 2010-11-11, 18:42   Link #1724
BradF
Evac
*IT Support

So close ;-;

Disabled sigs/avys on this forum a few months ago so nothing would spoil the movie for me.

1080P on my big screen or bust for this!
Old 2010-11-13, 22:22   Link #1725
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
I just happen to have clicked on the mp3 preview button of the 6th track on http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045KK9PW

100 of the best piano pieces for 2 bucks? Nice find, man. Bought.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:45   Link #1726
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
100 of the best piano pieces for 2 bucks? Nice find, man. Bought.
I had to check that out:
Album Savings: $96.02 compared to buying all songs
Jesusfuck.

Too bad it only has Gymnopédie 1, though. I tend to like them best when all three are in a row, it really makes some of the subtleties of variation glow. So to speak.

It's nice that the movie soundtrack includes all three on the second disc, along with I think the Gnossiennes? I can't for the life of me remember what the other piano pieces are, except they're another Satie series.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:54   Link #1727
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
I had to check that out:
Album Savings: $96.02 compared to buying all songs
Jesusfuck.

Too bad it only has Gymnopédie 1, though. I tend to like them best when all three are in a row, it really makes some of the subtleties of variation glow. So to speak.

It's nice that the movie soundtrack includes all three on the second disc, along with I think the Gnossiennes? I can't for the life of me remember what the other piano pieces are, except they're another Satie series.
Track listing for disc 2 of the OST:
1. Gymnopédie no. 1
2. Gymnopédie no. 2
3. Gymnopédie no. 3
4. Gnossiennes no. 1
5. Gnossiennes no. 2
6. Gnossiennes no. 3
7. Je te Veux

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-11-13, 23:17   Link #1728
s07195
However,

What is the Steel Cover Edition that people have been talking about?
Also what's the hardcover scenario book?

EDIT: Also I might as well ask, Does anyone know a website where I can buy/preorder the Common DVD edition for a cheap price?
EDIT2: And will they have English subs? I'm too lazy to backlog for this tidbit of info.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:56   Link #1729
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
What is the Steel Cover Edition that people have been talking about?
Also what's the hardcover scenario book?

EDIT: Also I might as well ask, Does anyone know a website where I can buy/preorder the Common DVD edition for a cheap price?
EDIT2: And will they have English subs? I'm too lazy to backlog for this tidbit of info.
1. Amazon Japan is offering a special Steel Book edition of the Limited Edition Blu-Ray version of the movie. They're the only retailer to offer it.
2. The Limited Edition Blu-Ray version comes with a screenplay collection book that is in hardcover format.
3. Your best bet is from Amazon Japan since they typically have the cheapest prices, but shipping will be an extra 2000 yen. HMV has it for 400 yen more, but their shipping will likely be about 1200 yen, making it about 200 yen difference between the two.
4. The official listings state no subtitles will be included. It's likely due that the movie has been licensed for release in the North American and United Kingdom markets by Bandai and Manga UK respectively.

Old 2010-11-14, 03:26   Link #1730
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

I just came back from The Disappearance screening at the Anime Festival Asia. The movie was awesome (as expected) but the venue leaves much to be desired. Small screens, substandard speakers, noisy audience.

To fellow Singaporean fans who might have been disappointed to miss this screening, you are actually lucky. The Sinema@Old School is actually screening it for next week, and that's a proper theater compared to the debacle at the AFA.

Timings and details here:

http://www.sinema.sg/films/the-disap...ruhi-suzumiya/
Old 2010-11-15, 05:28   Link #1731
s07195
However,

So for people who watch subs, yet don't live in Europe and America?
I get a feeling the subbed version will cost. A lot.

I might get it from HMV as it seems cheaper, hopefully.

EDIT: But seriously, any news about the subbed version, if not, I'll just have to get non-subbed. (I guess the animation is nice T_T)

Last edited by s07195; 2010-11-15 at 05:56.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:23   Link #1732
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
So for people who watch subs, yet don't live in Europe and America?
I get a feeling the subbed version will cost. A lot.

I might get it from HMV as it seems cheaper, hopefully.

EDIT: But seriously, any news about the subbed version, if not, I'll just have to get non-subbed. (I guess the animation is nice T_T)
The one I watched on Sunday had English subs, and very good ones at that. In fact I have been hearing that Kadakowa or somebody hired a.f.k. or something to do the subs, and the style is definitely a.f.k.'s. I also heard that the Haruhi-chan release had English subs, so I would expect to see the same subs on the Disappearance DVD & BD release.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:35   Link #1733
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
The one I watched on Sunday had English subs, and very good ones at that. In fact I have been hearing that Kadakowa or somebody hired a.f.k. or something to do the subs, and the style is definitely a.f.k.'s. I also heard that the Haruhi-chan release had English subs, so I would expect to see the same subs on the Disappearance DVD & BD release.
Kadokawa hired Sam Pinansky to work on the translation. He's worked on various other anime throughout the past couple of years that's been on DVDs and on Crunchyroll. I agree that these subtitles were very good and I hope Bandai chooses his rather than incurring the additional expense of re-translating the film.

The Japanese release will not have subtitles unlike the Haruhi-chan and BD-Box. Bandai's North American and Manga UK's United Kingdom releases in the spring/summer of next year will have subtitles and the official dub. Since they have not be included on any solicitation from either company, we don't know any more than that.

Old 2010-11-15, 21:37   Link #1734
TheBeStamp

Ummm... bad news for United States?

http://www.japanprobe.com/2010/11/16...united-states/

What's the weight of the packages anyway?
Old 2010-11-16, 10:46   Link #1735
s07195
However,

Is there a high probability of the subbed version getting one of those covers like in the Japanese versions? I'm trying to see what my money can buy, and even the normal DVD edition doesn't come cheap + no subs.

Those covers look good~
Old 2010-11-16, 10:51   Link #1736
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeStamp View Post
What's the weight of the packages anyway?
I don't know, but I doubt a DVD or BD with a box will weigh more than a pound, unless you order more or get extras.

Also, it looks like it's only applied to Japan Post, so if you send it through a different postal service (if possible) there should't be any complication.
Old 2010-11-16, 11:15   Link #1737
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeStamp View Post
Ummm... bad news for United States?

http://www.japanprobe.com/2010/11/16...united-states/
What this summary fails to mention is that businesses with monthly payment contracts are exempt from this change, and basically any company that ships a lot of packages will have such a contract. So in the end, it won't really affect most importers who buy at major stores -- only people who use small proxy services or get shipments from eBay sellers, etc.
Old 2010-11-16, 11:37   Link #1738
bayoab

Quote:
Is there a high probability of the subbed version getting one of those covers like in the Japanese versions? I'm trying to see what my money can buy, and even the normal DVD edition doesn't come cheap + no subs.

Those covers look good~
The R1 release will probably have the same covers following historical precedent.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:14   Link #1739
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Does anyone know if people sell the bookmark of Yuki Nagato in other websites?

@s07195: Yeah, it'll probably be something like a limited art box (like Lucky Star) and a bunch of DVDs/BDs like the R1...

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-11-16 at 13:27.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:39   Link #1740
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Final versions for the LEs are out thanks to Amazon. Click on the image for the bigger version.
Limited Edition Blu-Ray:

Limited Edition DVD:

Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen