AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-02, 03:35   Link #461
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Psychic Lover, huh? I thought it sounded like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX's fourth opening.

I guess the new OP will show up somewhere during the latter half of the game. We need an awesome anime later too. I still had some doubts, but with this opening and 7 first edition bonuses, I'm sold!

Did anyone else get the feeling Kotori was the dragon shown in the OP?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:47   Link #462
dark998

Key blew Alicesoft out of the water with that Rewrite second OP. No idea why Dai Teikoku's was not fully animated too.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:16   Link #463
myopius

The more I watch the OP, the more I theorize about little things I notice...

Spoiler for Thoughts:

This really raised my expectations (yeah, I know I'm not the only one). I loved the characterization and characters from the trial, and now I've confirmed some serious physical conflict (I think Mai from Kanon was the most serious before this) that I hope will keep me at the edge of my seat. What the nakige aspect will be like is still something I wonder about, though.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 19:57   Link #464
kanataX3

hmmm i had this sense that key have been hinting us that they might come out a rewrite anime very very soon after the june release of rewrite i just have this feeling even though after the visual novel of rewrite is kinda fast but is really kinda like hinting us too look forward to a anime after the visual novel releases.
just my thinking V(0.0)V
Old 2011-04-02, 20:03   Link #465
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn"t that like the Angel Beats anime coming out. So instead of waiting several years for TOEI or Kyoto Amination to get to it, Key's just going for it?
Old 2011-04-02, 20:07   Link #466
kanataX3

could be how they are going to do it looking forward! And never give up thats what keys gonna do @.@
Old 2011-04-02, 20:11   Link #467
kanataX3

even though there is this but there are some people that woulden't understand this.they said this was an april fools joke but it doesn't seem like one..
and due to that this opening pv may not be put in the visual novel cause is to aniemated!! not like the kind of intro like they use to use.they used the kind of intro that intros the main heroines and then the CG's. but then i wouldn't think key would pull a joke with their current state and money. so keep believeing this is a op for the near future of a anime REWRITE!!
Old 2011-04-02, 20:20   Link #468
kanataX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
lol nah no one would announce an anime adapt. for a game thats not even out yet ..
its just confirming that the new OP is not a joke
and that you can expect such action packed elements in the scenario
i totally don't agree with your thinking [no offence]
think dude angel beats didnt had a vn like this to get the anime.
it came out before the angel beats vn[still in the making i think]
so there you have it could be one way or another a hint to us that this is gonna be made to an anime very very soon
Old 2011-04-03, 01:17   Link #469
kyosak
poo

^ i think you are jumping to conclusions.
you are free to speculate as you will, but it doesn't make sense to compare the situation of rewrite and angel beats.

angel beats was an animation project from the beginning, and nothing more.
the whole project was started by anime studio PA works, and maeda expressed that he only reluctantly joined the team after meeting with the producers.
yes, they got na-ga to do the art for angel beats but the connection to key ends here... PA works just needed some big names involved to sell their anime.
key is to angel beats, what nitroplus is to steins;gate (read: not very involved at all).

the possible game adapt. was just an afterthought and completely irrelevant to the original project. to be honest, i can see why maeda was reluctant to write for an anime format and i doubt the show turned out the way he wanted. i wish angel beats never happened but i don't want to start a flame war so i'll leave it at that.

rewrite on the other hand, is a game project from the start. it was not started by an anime studio, and this IS a true key project, unlike angel beats.
to me, it makes absolutely no sense to make a game and produce an anime for it simultaneously. i also don't think it's far fetched to assume whitefox was hired to just do an animated OP for the game and nothing more.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 03:49   Link #470
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
key is to angel beats, what nitroplus is to steins;gate (read: not very involved at all).
Key was closely involved with Angel Beats (creatively, it's more "Key" than Rewrite, which was primarily structured and written by people outside the company). Jun Maeda handled the story planning and wrote every script, so it was his vision through and through.

But yeah, the project was initiated by Aniplex, which is an anime producer and not a game publisher.

Quote:
the possible game adapt. was just an afterthought and completely irrelevant to the original project. to be honest, i can see why maeda was reluctant to write for an anime format and i doubt the show turned out the way he wanted. i wish angel beats never happened but i don't want to start a flame war so i'll leave it at that.
It wasn't the anime format that made him reluctant but rather the request for another tearjerker. Maeda had burned out and feared that he'd be unable to envision a new story up to the quality of his previous works.

Bear in mind that he had technically retired from writing when Key received the anime offer. He's constantly dragged back into that role, but the plan was to bow out and let other people write/direct the next generation of Key games. It's probably safe to say that Maeda isn't entirely keen on scenario work these days (he announced a sabbatical from Key right after finishing the Angel Beats! scripts, citing job burnout), which may or may not have had an impact on how Angel Beats! turned out.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 04:22   Link #471
kyosak
poo

yeh my memory is a little foggy, thats what it was. he wasn't confident he could provide another quality script.
i think you're referring to that TV interview they had after the early screening of the first episode.
i still think angel beats had potential had it not been restricted by anime format ..

as for angel beats and key relationship, i would like to think there is more to a project from key than involvement of maeda and na-ga.
but yes you get the main point, angel beats project was started as an animation therefore you can't really compare it to rewrite when forecasting the possibility of anime adapt.
Old 2011-04-03, 08:53   Link #472
Haruchin

Seriously , I think Kagari really looks like Akane. Hahas.. I am guessing that Kagari is somehow related to Akane.. :3 Since their hair colour are almost the same and the dress they wear are similar ..
Old 2011-04-03, 13:18   Link #473
winkel

Uh, Angel Beats turned out fine, what was the problem here?

And I always understood it as more of a Na-ga/Maeda Jun venture while Itaru was getting Rewrite started up than an actual Key venture. But since they are staff of Key, they get to put their logo on it.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 15:24   Link #474
kyosak
poo

^ yeh that's what i think too. just my opinion but i don't consider angel beats a true key project. they got to slap the logo on though and get lots of hype for it ... cough nitroplus cough steins;gate ...

don't worry about the angel beats hate :P i just don't like the show but i don't wanna derail the thread any further
Old 2011-04-03, 16:27   Link #475
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Uh, Angel Beats turned out fine, what was the problem here?

And I always understood it as more of a Na-ga/Maeda Jun venture while Itaru was getting Rewrite started up than an actual Key venture.
Maeda is the overarching soul of Key. Without him, they're only a brand name, although he has let other writers lead creation under his supervision. As of now, he's trying to pass the torch onto a successor, which is why Itaru Hinoue is directing Rewrite.

Key games have usually been defined by three main factors - story, character art, and music. On Angel Beats!, all three aspects are covered by Key, so you couldn't say that it's just an external venture by a couple individuals. By nature, visual novel creation is just as personalized, which extends to how development is structured. Outside the creative core, you just have the suits at VisualArt's and the supporting staff (who have little to no creative influence).

The main difference is in assembly. For the games, VisualArt's programmers and artists (who don't work exclusively on Key games.....they get assigned to other VisualArt's teams in between) put the Key titles together, whereas P.A. Works and Seiji Kishi handled the animation on Angel Beats! However, both were tasked with the same thing: bringing Maeda's vision to life according to his script and plan.

Quote:
But since they are staff of Key, they get to put their logo on it.
They never put a Key logo on Hibiki's Magic (Maeda wrote the story) or any of the non-Key products that Maeda composed music for.

In terms of business arrangement, Key/VisualArt's officially took on Angel Beats as their own, even if the proposal came from outside the company.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:28   Link #476
winkel

Maeda by himself is a crazy person. He goes off and does other projects on his own all the time, like manga, music compositions, whatever. That's his own thing. But when you pull two or more of Key's prominent staff members together, focusing on the roles their best known for, there definitely would be a desire to slap on the Key logo, because it's possible, and because it carries brand power.

"Angel Beats! with story and music by Maeda Jun of Key, Art by Na-Ga of Key, but not by Key" makes little sense.

Quote:
Key games have usually been defined by three main factors - story, character art, and music.
I would argue most popular bishoujo game companies are defined by those three factors, because that's what they use to sell. Key has a unique approach to those components that makes them Key, same as Typemoon has a different approach to those components that make them Typemoon.

Quote:
As of now, he's trying to pass the torch onto a successor, which is why Itaru Hinoue is directing Rewrite.
While he is, that is not why Itaru is directing rewrite. She's doing it because she's wanted to do this vision of hers for a while, and while Maeda and Na-Ga were off doing Angel Beats, they gave her the chance. She will not push to take over other projects in the same role once Rewrite is over.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:51   Link #477
InternHertz
.lone.....

I was already pumped for the game before and preordered it some months back...but that second opening blew my mind. It's even harder to wait now
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 20:22   Link #478
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Can't wait for a Caramelldansen avatar with Chihaya... I think Kud's had her fair share already for me.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 03:24   Link #479
kanataX3

you maybe right about some things but there is still a slight possiblility i may come out after the release of rewrite but even which they could have followed up an anime of it behind everything.and also the first op didnt came out the slight posibility of fighting scenes but the second animated has more impact to it.but to due respect you may be right about things but there is always a slight chance that it could be true.
Old 2011-04-04, 04:06   Link #480
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
you maybe right about some things but there is still a slight possiblility i may come out after the release of rewrite but even which they could have followed up an anime of it behind everything.and also the first op didnt came out the slight posibility of fighting scenes but the second animated has more impact to it.but to due respect you may be right about things but there is always a slight chance that it could be true.
kanataX3;
1) Please use line breaks in your post. It makes it easier to read.
2) Please use proper capitalization and punctuation. Like point 1, it makes it easier to detect where your sentences begin and end.
3) Please re-read your post before hitting the 'submit' button. If you have trouble reading it, so will we.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel