AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-12, 14:24   Link #261
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Ano... just a quick question... is this the beginning of phase 2 for Starting Stars??
Old 2007-05-12, 14:25   Link #262
Meophist

That's some really nice stuff. Good work!
Old 2007-05-12, 14:26   Link #263
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
Ano... just a quick question... is this the beginning of phase 2 for Starting Stars??
It's from phase 2 of shooting stars, starting at page 9. Pages 1-8 have been translated in this thread already, so I decided to start where they left off.
Old 2007-05-12, 14:29   Link #264
Ratler

They where..... um brb. *runs back to check the rest of the thread*
Old 2007-05-12, 17:20   Link #265
Ratler

Ok found them thanks ^^
Old 2007-05-13, 00:24   Link #266
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Alright. Quick question for the military-savvy members of the forum. If someone ranked non-commissioned officer (陸曹) wanted to introduce themselves as such, how would they do it in English? Say "I'm non-commissioned officer so-and-so"? Or "I'm NCO such-and-such"? Because that sounds really awkward. Suggestions welcome. Other than that, the rest of chapter 5 should be out by tomorrow!

*speeds off into the sunset*
Old 2007-05-13, 01:06   Link #267
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

In most contexts, it will be-

"I'm NCO John Doe."

The only time a person will say out the whole thing is when he wants to fully emphasise his rank (such as scolding a scrub), or when he wants to make sure that the recipient understands what his rank is.

So if John Doe is talking to a fellow soldier, he will just use "NCO", because said fellow will already know what it means. If however, John Doe is introducing himself to a civilian who may not know what NCO means, then John Doe will say out the whole thing so as to prevent confusion (only for the first time, then NCO for the rest of the conversation).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:13   Link #268
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Actually, in the JSDF 陸曹 is (Army) Sergeant, not NCO.
Wikipedia
Old 2007-05-13, 15:17   Link #269
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
hey sup, im new here, and thx alot for the translations

Jus wonderin if there was a nanoha comic/manga like for the 1st series??

Last edited by xris; 2007-05-13 at 16:50. Reason: Please do not double post, use the "Edit" button instead
Old 2007-05-13, 17:26   Link #270
Ratler

Um... where did KempoCatholic posts containing the translations for 9-16 go?? i saved the untranslated manga pages but... I hadn't copied the translations yet... I'm confused...
Old 2007-05-13, 17:38   Link #271
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Um... where did KempoCatholic posts containing the translations for 9-16 go?? i saved the untranslated manga pages but... I hadn't copied the translations yet... I'm confused...
Sorry but full translations and scans are not allowed here in the forum.

We don't have any issues with translated unlicensed manga, it's just we do not wish to host the translations or images directly on the forum. If they are hosted elsewhere then links to the hosting site would be OK. Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed.
Old 2007-05-13, 17:44   Link #272
Ratler

ah ok thank you. I was just really shocked to see them disappear like that.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:07   Link #273
S_K
Let's begin!

Can sum1 plz tell me where i can find chap 5 for the nanoha A-strikers
Old 2007-05-13, 20:10   Link #274
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post

We don't have any issues with translated unlicensed manga, it's just we do not wish to host the translations or images directly on the forum. If they are hosted elsewhere then links to the hosting site would be OK. Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed.
OK, sorry about all that. I'll handle the rest of the translating via PM and other means, don't mean to step on anyone's toes here.

For all you people who are waiting for the translations, selkirk is busy editing them into pretty scans, and we'll host 'em somewhere once the whole chapter (including the retranslation of the first 9 pages) has been all finished. So don't worry, they are going to be finished, so look forward to the final version when we are done.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:13   Link #275
Ratler

if i am understanding you right you are wanting chapter 5 of Nanoha StrikerS - A's to StrikerS Phase 03v2 aka Starting Stars phase 2? if that is correct then I am sorry to report that it has not bee translated yet. the original translators quit and now KempoCatholic has started to translate them but he needs someone to photoshop the translations on to the image. He has finished a few all ready but they where removed (see below)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post

if this is not what you are looking for please specify
Old 2007-05-14, 08:23   Link #276
S_K
Let's begin!

Can sumone link me to the scans of nanoha chapter 5 on 4chan. i cant seem to find it if it is translated
Old 2007-05-14, 10:58   Link #277
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Uhh how long ago did you see it? images on 4chan doesn't stay up for too long.Flip around the past few pages in this thread.If am not wrong there should be someone who posted megaupload link for chapter 1 to 5.
Old 2007-05-14, 13:15   Link #278
S_K
Let's begin!

Can u link me cuz i cant seem to find the thread
Old 2007-05-17, 06:23   Link #279
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I know it this may not be the right place to ask... but where can I find the various Nanoha novels?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-17, 13:11   Link #280
Ratler

... novels? wait did i miss something...
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen