Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
http://www.moeyo.com/2007/01/post_2018.html

ACTUAL SAMPLE of an unpainted piece shown at AsoBitCity shop
in Akihabara.

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 08:28   Link #3322
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

We now know where all the money Bandai had squandered out of the SeeDlings from the MG SF FB mode went to.

Glad to know that Bandai is on us UC-er's side.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 08:52   Link #3323
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
We now know where all the money Bandai had squandered out of the SeeDlings from the MG SF FB mode went to.

i just want to being neutral but what you comment is just want ppl to flame.....lets just make it peace shall we?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 09:28   Link #3324
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.
So we can have an 8000-9000 yen Hi-Nu instead? No thanks :P
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 14:19   Link #3325
Fome

It costs 7000 yen on HLJ, which is about $60. I dunno bout you, but I'd sure as hell pay that.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 16:01   Link #3326
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
i just want to being neutral but what you comment is just want ppl to flame.....lets just make it peace shall we?
Yeah let's stop with names, like "Seedlings". No need for that here. I personally don't give a damn what series or universe a mecha is from, as long as I like the design. And I have far more UC kits than any other, but that's because of how big UC is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
It costs 7000 yen on HLJ, which is about $60. I dunno bout you, but I'd sure as hell pay that.
Shipping jacks up the price considerably. If you don't live in Japan, Gunpla can be a very expensive hobby. And HLJ is strictly retail price.. I don't think even the Japanese pay retail price for Gunpla (a quick search on Amazon.co.jp reveals that Hi-Nu is 30% off).
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 18:15   Link #3327
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Thats actually a pretty stupid statement considerring the FBM had more to offer than this rediculously priced Hi-Nu.

The stand looks different, nevermind its in the shape of Amuro's insignia, otherwise afaik, its a simple stand that allows only one position. The Action Base that came with FBM had varying positions.

Gold plated, albeit in some areas, and provided most people dont give two sh*ts about plating...

Dragoon/funnel affect parts are the same.

Hi-Nu is missing anything that should jack up the price to 60bucks a pop...where are the die-cast parts?

Quote:
lawl, if you think so. But seriously, a sad attempt to drive a wedge between gundamaniacs.
Deus EpS Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 18:51   Link #3328
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
MakubeX2: This is not the first time you made fun of anyone who is not purely into UC, and I think all the SEED-bashing here is a stale joke now.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:12   Link #3329
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
Yeah let's stop with names, like "Seedlings". No need for that here. I personally don't give a damn what series or universe a mecha is from, as long as I like the design. And I have far more UC kits than any other, but that's because of how big UC is.

Shipping jacks up the price considerably. If you don't live in Japan, Gunpla can be a very expensive hobby. And HLJ is strictly retail price.. I don't think even the Japanese pay retail price for Gunpla (a quick search on Amazon.co.jp reveals that Hi-Nu is 30% off).

Wait, so you're saying that I should order from Amazon.co.jp? I'm a little confused...
Old 2007-01-29, 19:25   Link #3330
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Wait, so you're saying that I should order from Amazon.co.jp? I'm a little confused...
You can't, they don't ship internationally. I was just pointing out that Gunpla is expensive if you don't live in Japan, and Hi-Nu certainly costs a lot more than the $60 you mentioned thanks to international shipping.
Old 2007-01-29, 20:05   Link #3331
Fome

Oh I see. Still, with shipping, it's not going to cost over $70, unless Bandai does the whole oversized box thing again...
Old 2007-01-29, 20:59   Link #3332
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

which brings me to a related point.

People always whine and bitch about the gunpla prices one would find in their local hobby shops...and thats not cuz the shop owners are money-hungry douches (which they are =p), its cuz gunpla costs a load in you buy from Japan and have it shipped here.

I shop HLJ if i want something thats brand new. I used them wheni bought a MG Strike Freedom and HGUC Hrairoo; theyre the first ones to get brand new mecha. And their prices are MSRPs so s'all good. What kills is shipping, the heavier the package, the more you pay. I ordered the Dengeki Hobby mag of Jan. 2007 for the Primrose parts for the HGUC Hazels and shipping raped me, cost more than the total cost of my order.

If i want something thats been out for a while i go to Hobby Wave. Their prices are almost retail (give or take a few bucks in comparison to HLJ) and the BEST part is that their shipping is only $10 if youre in the US, and $15 if youre in Canada, regardless of how large the order is...so if you want decals, be prepared to drop 20 bucks. But for the most part, Hobby Wave is win due to their low shipping. Theyre also fast, if anyone has shopped from PlaJapan (a total ripoff store btw), you'll know the one thingtheyve got right is their speedy shipping...
Old 2007-01-29, 21:08   Link #3333
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.
You know, I think this is most of the reason why the MG Nu Gundam was able to stand unaided. In fact, I've posed mine leaning back at times, and those die cast parts sure hold it up. And, I like the weight it adds to it. Makes the model feel like it can step on something

The sad part was that the die cast part didn't enable the MG Nu to rotate it's legs. But it's understandable as to when it was produced. All the more reason why one should buy the Hi-Nu
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 22:53   Link #3334
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You know, I think this is most of the reason why the MG Nu Gundam was able to stand unaided. In fact, I've posed mine leaning back at times, and those die cast parts sure hold it up. And, I like the weight it adds to it. Makes the model feel like it can step on something

The sad part was that the die cast part didn't enable the MG Nu to rotate it's legs. But it's understandable as to when it was produced. All the more reason why one should buy the Hi-Nu
@makubex2: those arnt PG-esque frame details, just standard, marketting preview shots that make the model look nice.

Hi-Nu = good kit, meh design.

Also, the metal parts arent all theyre cracked up to be. It could stand without them just fine. They help, but not exactly important. All they do is add to the weight of the kit which is quite heavy as it is. I had some trouble displaying it on a MS stand before the Action Base was released.
Old 2007-01-29, 23:41   Link #3335
gp02

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper View Post
I have Perfect Grade 1/60 scale models of the following:

Gundam RX-78-2
Char Custom MS-06S Zaku II
MS-06F Zaku II

I also have a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale MS09R Rick Dom under construction right now. Perfect Grade models are nice but they take forever to assemble (they average ~650 individual parts) and wire (the Rick Dom has 21 lights that need to be wired), to make building it even harder - all the instructions are only in Japanese and there are no translations available. While I have other Gundam models, they're mostly those super cheap 1/144 scale ones. >.>
do you have gp03 in 0083 that is perfect grade?
gp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 00:07   Link #3336
gp02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker View Post
Well non-HG models have alot less moving joints so for those people that want more action poses or more of a challange in building models a non-HG won't be enough. Also the details on the model is alot less in comparasion to an HG model.
I like HG because they are easier than those MG and PG and it is cheaper
gp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 01:29   Link #3337
kct

HGs are obviously easier to deal with, since there is not internal frame parts to speak of.

I think it is hard to reach the level of stability the current new MGs have just several years ago, and Bandai are known to try several methods just to enable the MG kit to stand (like the (lol) leg screws of the Zeta Pluses and the metal inserts in some others). This is proof of technological advancement, otherwise we'll be complaining about the so-and-so model not being able to stand on it's own.
Old 2007-01-30, 01:39   Link #3338
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Oh I see. Still, with shipping, it's not going to cost over $70, unless Bandai does the whole oversized box thing again...
Going by the price of SAL shipping of the MG Nu.. 7000 + 1,880 = 8880 Yen. Or about 73 USD dollars based on current exchange rates. On an unrelated note, I'm surprised at how much the Yen has weakened.. good for the wallet, but I don't think it's good for the economy.

HLJ prices are still better (Strike Freedom and Nu are 10 bucks cheaper) but I guess the shipping is faster. But still, HLJ prices are nothing to brag about. I'll stick with RainbowTen and their 20% off.
Old 2007-01-30, 02:10   Link #3339
kct

I stick with the local dealers, since most of them sell the Gundams close to Japanese exchange prices >.> .
Old 2007-01-30, 06:08   Link #3340
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
pfft... at the end of the day, Bandai don't give a damn about whether it's UC or AU - they just want ur money.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy