AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-06, 21:27   Link #1
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Gundam seed destiny in the phillippine Islands...

Finally! Two years after GSD's final episode, ABS-CBN in the Philippines announced they are going to show GSD. Late as usual. But At least they did it! I just hope they don't start messing the songs again by translating it to Tagalog.....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 21:52   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That's good news for those who don't have cable; However for those with Hero anime channel, GSD's already in it's last 4 episodes XD No surprise on ABS-CBN being the ones to air it, since they own Hero afterall.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 22:03   Link #3
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

GSD in Tagalog *shrug*
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 10:47   Link #4
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

MAN! Don't Shrug... BE Very afraid.

I can't stand the dub... Tried to but can't... They pretty much screwed all the Characters of an Already screwed Show....

Kira's NT Flash Scene was reduced to a scream!

Lacus' Tagalog Dubber Improvises the lines on the Destiny Plan! (She Did well too...)
Old 2007-02-09, 11:44   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Most interesting... they actually showed FINAL Plus on Hero today (albeit cut to fit the half-hour quota).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-10, 01:37   Link #6
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
WOW! Mga Pilipino kayo lahat na nagpost dito?

Anyway...

Hmm, I would love to see the 5 minute conclusion first before they proceed to the Destiny show proper...some Philippine fans might on why Kira and Lacus are living together in a remote island... not that they won't like it of course (there are a lot of Kira Lacus Philippine fans, only a minority likes otherwise, like me... ). I didn't like Lacus' Tagalog dubber, she sounds so unlike Lacus...at least Cagalli's Tagalog dubber manages to make the voice a little notch closer to the real thing...for those who have Hero, were most voice talents retained? As for the Lacus Tagalog dubber, at least hire a dubber who could sing as well too...>.>;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 01:40   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

From what little I've seen of the dubs for SEED, I think most of the VA's have been retained (no reason to change them afterall).

I just didn't like how they throw away the songs though... Even Vestige became an instrumental when they played it O_o Why can't they just do it like Animax, where they leave the original songs alone.

Old 2007-02-10, 02:26   Link #8
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Well, in Yugioh's case, Yami Yugi was changed middle of the series (ABS CBN)...

And SEED in Studio Channel 23 retained the OP and ED, and retained some of the songs...

Last edited by Eidolon Sniper; 2007-02-10 at 02:28. Reason: None whatsoever...
Old 2007-02-10, 05:16   Link #9
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The Philippines maybe has a great discrepancy between Pro and anti Kira fans. The reason I think s pretty obvious. It's hidden inside the culture of the Pilipino.

Philippine people like me have always loved to express our liberty. This reflects to how they react to what Kira is doing during Destiny. to the Pilipino, Kira works like a symbol of Liberty, protecting their right to be free.

And it goes as much as the Philippine's political situation where President Arroyo resembles too much of Gilbert in ways of their scheming. Again, the Philippines hate people who take away liberty. That is why the Clyne Faction/ Terminal appeals to much of the population here.
Old 2007-02-10, 06:35   Link #10
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Hmm, I've always thought that Filipinos always vote for/sympathize with underdog characters, who must battle people with extraordinary wealth/prestige and all that jazz thrown in...so I am very surprised why most Filipino fans I know dislike Shinn...

I would probably say that student activists wouldn't take to the way Kira handled the situation in Destiny. They might applaud him for his efforts, but lambast him for just being plain righteous in the way he did those things.

GMA = Dully? Hmm, that's hard. GMA hasn't actually used any popular figure who is very appealing to the masses (who are very accessible, etc. ) and use his/her image in order to lure the people to her cause...well, she had the former Philippine presidents Corazon Aquino (original People Power icon) and Fidel Ramos support her in the beginning of her term, but now, they seem to think otherwise. They just supported her because they believed she was capable of leading the Philippines back to the democracy which was upheld by the Aquino/Ramos/Estrada regimes, but then, her rule was no better (as to what her staunchest critics seem to equate) with the former late dictator Ferdinand Marcos...the rate of journalist killings/political backstabbings = martial law in the air...the only thing I could see which should suport the GMA = Dully equation is that she used Jolina Magdangal (a popular singing actress here in the Philippines) to become her spokesperson/image model for some of her pro poor projects...and then some...I don't know if Jolens still acts as her image model/spokesperson though... maybe Jolens reaches the masses to a certain degree, but she wasn't all encompassing like Lacus was...

All throughout the presidencies that the Philippines had, we always had had those same pleas for more liberty, etc. Aquino with the coups, Ramos with the traveling expenses, Estrada with the plunder cases, and now GMA with the "Hello Garci" controversy and that infamous mutiny too...all of them had their ups and downs. Of course, who could forget the way she handled the Angelo dela Cruz situation that earned her a frown from her ally, George Bush? Dully at least had all of his men reined in perfectly, and knew what to do, and used his evil to a more calculated degree (perfectly concealed until the can of worms that is the Destiny Plan exploded). So I say GMA isn't Dully, maybe slightly, but not wholly.

Anyway, this is getting slightly off topic.

As for ABS CBN, are they going to pit GSD against Channel 7's Bleach? And yes, I think this is true: Yasmien Kurdi is going to dub Rukia Kuchiki. The world would officially end the day that travesty is showed. no offense against Yasmien Kurdi fans, though. I haven't heard how Angel Locsin dubbed the Initial D anime outing for Animax...was it good, OK, so so, or just plain evil? >.< yes, and Richard Gutierrez doing Lupin live action...for the love of God...

Makikita siguro sa post ko na Kapuso ako all the way. LOL.

Old 2007-02-11, 05:20   Link #11
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hay salamat at nakapag-migrate na ako sa Australia.

Kidding. Not a fan of GSD (liked Seed, Destiny...don't get me started), but I hope they do a good job of it.

And please, don't flatter GMA by comparing her to Dullindal.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 09:21   Link #12
M L Monster
三尉

We had GSD in Singapore about a year ago around the time the series finished in Japan.

Horrible cuts on the opening music.

and then the series opening constantly change with either Ignited and Pride all the way to the last episode.

Didn't like their version of dub aswell. horrible horrible
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 12:47   Link #13
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
As for ABS CBN, are they going to pit GSD against Channel 7's Bleach? And yes, I think this is true: Yasmien Kurdi is going to dub Rukia Kuchiki.
Holy s... GMA 7 is really getting into my nerves >: (((
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 20:11   Link #14
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

i'm new here.

ok lng sa akin ang dub, if ya ask me.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 01:51   Link #15
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

@ M L

At least they just cut off the OPs, here in the Philippines, if they could get away with it, they butcher the OPs inserting Photoshopped images of the anime here and there, and don't really finish the song, while some actually feature the list of voice talents themselves a la Spanish telenovelas... Or insert really ridiculous food like our native dishes sinigang and adobo into the anime menu when the anime in itself is Japanese in nature so Japanese food, Japanese culture...I forgot which anime featured laing or Bicol express (a VERY spicy native dish made of taro [gabi ba ito?] leaves and coconut milk) in its menu, though. I know this is nationalistic, but at least please keep it to the barest minimum...

@ wavehawk

Sana isinilid mo ako sa bagahe mo. LOL.

@ Illsteir

Watch Super Twins and so Channel 7 would really get on your nerves. Don't forget to watch the Lupin live action too while at it.

Hmm, I just really hope Shinn Asuka's voice is sexy.

Old 2007-02-12, 04:52   Link #16
rik
Ace_of_Something_really

I think They would change the va's as far as hero's concerned... I hated Lacus' Philippine VA because she sounds like a Man But They did adlibbed some of the dialog to fit the "pinoy" taste....sa totoo lang?

Gma using Stars as Va's is old news...thinks about voltes v evolution... cough..sandara..cough
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 05:27   Link #17
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post

At least they just cut off the OPs, here in the Philippines, if they could get away with it, they butcher the OPs inserting Photoshopped images of the anime here and there, and don't really finish the song, while some actually feature the list of voice talents themselves a la Spanish telenovelas... Or insert really ridiculous food like our native dishes sinigang and adobo into the anime menu when the anime in itself is Japanese in nature so Japanese food, Japanese culture...I forgot which anime featured laing or Bicol express (a VERY spicy native dish made of taro [gabi ba ito?] leaves and coconut milk) in its menu, though. I know this is nationalistic, but at least please keep it to the barest minimum...
Asides from the bad choices of replacement songs within the show itself, it's been a long time since I've seen them butcher an anime opening, or maybe it's because I only watch dubbed tagalog anime on Hero.

Old 2007-02-12, 09:56   Link #18
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Hmm, I just really hope Shinn Asuka's voice is sexy.
I've watched the promotional video of ABS-CBN's GSD and Shinn sounds like the tagalog dub version of Beet (the Vandel Buster) .

@Lupin III Live Action
May local Fans club si Lupin sa pinas? If yes, I hope they'll go on a rampage and kill the cast and crew of the movie .
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 12:18   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I've watched the promotional video of ABS-CBN's GSD and Shinn sounds like the tagalog dub version of Beet (the Vandel Buster) .

@Lupin III Live Action
May local Fans club si Lupin sa pinas? If yes, I hope they'll go on a rampage and kill the cast and crew of the movie .
Voice dubbing on ABS sucks, but some of the new talents blend in well with the voices.

LupinIII Live Action? ACK!!! I won't even watch it! Richard Gutierez is no lupin and the way he carries himself is not of the image of lupin... XD
Old 2007-02-12, 18:03   Link #20
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
wow may meeting dito....

ok about the dubs...hmmm I will watch it first, just before giving some ....judgement/comment ...(but I think...no one can matched the real voice of Lacus.....)

Lupin III ~ he's not fitted on that role I mean Richard... hmm if I were asked, the one who will fit that role is Vhong Navarro..... It's just only IMO...