AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 05:01   Link #261
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Stunning first episode, that's all I can say about it.

Borrows heavily from the Nanoha franchise, if you ask me, but I like what I saw.
Well they both are done by the same studio Seven Arcs and by the same mangaka and scriptwriter Tsuzuki Masaki who is done Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, so that figures the similarity in this work.
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 07:18   Link #262
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This anime's VA list blew my mind away. Practically all my favourite VAs are in it :

1. Mizuki Nana
2. Taketatsu Ayanyan & Hanazawa Kana
3. Horie Yui

And the first two ranks exactly the same on my favourite VA list (yes, Mizuki Nana is my favourite VA, with Ayanyan and Kanatan coming in together on the second)!

Is it just me, or the story setting looks VERY much like Final Fantasy with those Chocobos horse-birds?

And why is Ayanyan ALWAYS associated kemonomimi characters, especially catgirls?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 07:36   Link #263
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This anime's VA list blew my mind away. Practically all my favourite VAs are in it :

1. Mizuki Nana
3. Horie Yui

And the first two ranks exactly the same on my favourite VA list (yes, Mizuki Nana is my favourite VA, with Ayanyan and Kanatan coming in together on the second)!

Is it just me, or the story setting looks VERY much like Final Fantasy with those Chocobos horse-birds?

And why is Ayanyan ALWAYS associated kemonomimi characters, especially catgirls?
You bet and I can see why you like Taketatsu Ayana from your avatar, she brings more charm to the kemonomimi characters, that's why

and there are other anime that use horse-birds creatures but yea it looks exactly the chocobo (チョコボ ) from the Final Fantasy series.
Old 2011-04-04, 07:45   Link #264
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

On a more serious side, how Milli explains to Izumi about the war made me laugh : it sounds ENTIRELY like what the UN Conventions of War wanted to do.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-04, 07:55   Link #265
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This was an entertaining first episode.

What I liked:

1. The characters. The characters are all likable to me, so far at least. Even the antagonists are amusing and charming in a way.

2. The fact that Shinku eagerly throws himself into competition. That's a refreshing change.

3. The relationship between Shinku and Becky. Nice to see a male/female friendship in anime that actually feels a bit like a bromance. That's different. Nice for a change.

4. The dog-human (protagonist) vs. cat-human (antagonist) motif. I find that very amusing. It reminds me of a funny live-action movie I saw once, but can't place the name of it.

5. Millhiore and Eclair remind me a lot of Madoka and Sayaka, respectively, from Madoka Magica. So I can kind of imagine that this is a happy spin-off of Madoka Magica.

6. The art style. It really suits this anime well, and makes it seem bold and colorful.

What I'm undecided about:

1. War games instead of actual war. It's Ok for now, but it could drain any real sense of conflict out of this anime over time. But I'll give it a chance at least.

What I didn't like:

1. Not getting to see Shinku in actual combat in the first episode. But I suppose that does help build anticipation for the next episode.

All in all, this is a cute and pleasantly entertaining anime so far. I look forward to more.

I'll give the first episode a very solid 8/10.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:06   Link #266
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

And the way he dresses is so much like Takuto Tsunashi from Star Driver. Also, if the OP's Scarlet Knight refers to him, so can we expect him to move three times faster than an average human or Flonyardian?

And interestingly, there is a dog cookie named Doggie Biscotti.

Old 2011-04-04, 08:13   Link #267
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

somebody convinced me to watch this anime and well, I'm surprised it's turn out to be good (at least for the first episode)
interesting idea though, 'takeshi castle' styled war

I can't stop imagining takuto every time I heard shinku LOL
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 08:52   Link #268
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Olympus View Post

I can't stop imagining takuto every time I heard shinku LOL
Same here << lulz.
Old 2011-04-04, 09:06   Link #269
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You young'uns need to watch Death Note and Gundam 00!!

Oh no, a Saintess! Stay away from Eclair! She's MINE!! Brioche too!!! :3

(Granted if you counted voices, yes I'd claim the entire dog side as harem. XD)
Old 2011-04-04, 09:24   Link #270
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

1. Mizuki Nana
3. Horie Yui

Umm, you're forgetting NORIO WAKAMOTO?

HOW DARE YOU!
Old 2011-04-04, 09:40   Link #271
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
You young'uns need to watch Death Note and Gundam 00!!

Oh no, a Saintess! Stay away from Eclair! She's MINE!! Brioche too!!! :3

(Granted if you counted voices, yes I'd claim the entire dog side as harem. XD)
While we're at it, I'll claim Noir (the black catgirl), who appeared in the OP

Also, it seems Ricotta (the dog girl voiced Mizuki Nana) is quickly becoming popular as a moeblob, and we're still on ep 1 >_>
Old 2011-04-04, 09:57   Link #272
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Umm, you're forgetting NORIO WAKAMOTO?

HOW DARE YOU!
Differentiate male and female.
Old 2011-04-04, 10:44   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I foresee some Negima-like-shounen-rivary between Shinku and the Cat boy Gaul Galette Des Rois (VA: Tetsuya Kakihara - Natsu from Fairy Tail and Jin from Blazblue).

They're almost like a mirror image of Negi vs Kotaro, though it looks like Gaul has his own groupies, I mean - Personal Guards. Maybe he's like a second protagonist, showing the story from the other side?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 10:49   Link #274
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Kakihara also voiced Graf Eisen in Nanoha. And Gurren Lagann's Simon

And Negi Vs Kotaro is actually one of the more apt comparisons I've seen (compared to the unfair ZnT comparisons): British boy vs eared feral boy. Although the comparison is still only so shallow. We'll see how this rivalry goe.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 10:50   Link #275
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I foresee some Negima-like-shounen-rivary between Shinku and the Cat boy Gaul Galette Des Rois (VA: Tetsuya Kakihara - Natsu from Fairy Tail and Jin from Blazblue).

They're almost like a mirror image of Negi vs Kotaro, though it looks like Gaul has his own groupies, I mean - Personal Guards. Maybe he's like a second protagonist, showing the story from the other side?
That is already confirmed in the official DD website, in Gaul's character page

...and the OP hints that too
Old 2011-04-04, 10:59   Link #276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And Negi Vs Kotaro is actually one of the more apt comparisons I've seen (compared to the unfair ZnT comparisons): British boy vs eared feral boy. Although the comparison is still only so shallow. We'll see how this rivalry goe.
At worst - "I MUST TRAIN TO BE STRONGER THAN THAT GUY!! I CANNOT LOSE TO HIM IN ANY WAY!!"

At awesome - "IF I WIN, I GET YOUR PRECIOUS PRINCESS! IF YOU LOSE, YOU GET MY 'precious' SISTER!!"

That will motivate any boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
That is already confirmed in the official DD website, in Gaul's character page

...and the OP hints that too
Which part? The Groupie or the rivary?

Or maybe both
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 11:25   Link #277
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which part? The Groupie or the rivary?

Or maybe both
The rivalry part...it seems he'll declare himself as Shinku's rival.
Old 2011-04-04, 11:30   Link #278
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Just what did I watched just now o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Me thinks I'll watch this for the lulz(and Leonmichelle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Sounds like a plan! Pass the popcorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Such wise words!
I'll join lol .. *munch munch munch* Imagine she starts sounding wise and seductive .. Oh dear lord.. HORO STOP Seducing me !!!!

And I got Vivio in her feito mama's voice.. so all good
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 13:04   Link #279
tsunade666

the whole summon at first give me a whole zero no tsukaima vibe but it all change when takuto... I mean shinku just agrees with it. And like said above, it's more like MAR heaven.

And the character design are really cute. It's lovely and all likable but when I head Shinku's voice. I first thought of Kida but after a few more minutes I thought of takuto then the girl...... I started remembering how bad the ending of star driver for me and wondering if their will be a wako and sugata in the story but it turn different again.

The bird did remind me of chocobo but before that it remind me of road runner card of yusei in yugioh 5d
Old 2011-04-04, 13:41   Link #280
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the whole summon at first give me a whole zero no tsukaima vibe but it all change when takuto... I mean shinku just agrees with it. And like said above, it's more like MAR heaven.

And the character design are really cute. It's lovely and all likable but when I head Shinku's voice. I first thought of Kida but after a few more minutes I thought of takuto then the girl...... I started remembering how bad the ending of star driver for me and wondering if their will be a wako and sugata in the story but it turn different again.

The bird did remind me of chocobo but before that it remind me of road runner card of yusei in yugioh 5d
I see then its really interesting show because it gave you that many thoughts, and I'd also like to find out why they had to choose Miyano Mamoru for Shinku Izumi role, you know Takuto's image kept popping out in my head at the first minutes but to my surprise then I found myself I like Shinku character way more than takuto's, if you ask me, I have many regrets after watching Star Driver.. Like it made me feel they should've picked out another seiyuu for Takuto's after that ending.

Anyway if you wanna see why Miyano Mamoru was chosen as "Best Voice Actor", you could start watching Steins;Gate, the first episode was rocking with his talent.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen