AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-06, 03:45   Link #16021
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For now, eventually he'll find a way to get on top of her, even with that limp if he has to.
Now I'm getting ideas for a doujin where Touma beats her up and drags her to a dark corner and makes her eat his french bread, then he dips it into her dipping sauce...

We're talking about bread here.
Old 2012-01-06, 03:55   Link #16022
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As usual Kamachi likes to up the stakes on Kamijou's prize fight, now with 49000 (give or take a hundred casualties) enemy soldiers heading his way, it's all-in time.

Oh and yet again-

Quote:
“She uses those techniques that a certain sadistic British princess (who would make a good tsundere) showed us during British Halloween and that we saw all too much of during World War 3...”

...Is this going to be a thing now Mr. President?
Old 2012-01-06, 07:15   Link #16023
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Why is it that everyone would be a "good Tsundere"? There's no such thing as a "good Tsundere".

On that note, I'm still waiting for that sample, Chaos.
Old 2012-01-06, 07:22   Link #16024
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Why is it that everyone would be a "good Tsundere"? There's no such thing as a "good Tsundere".
You just don't understand what men want.

Quote:
On that note, I'm still waiting for that sample, Chaos.
I'm working on it... I'm half-way there...
Old 2012-01-06, 07:34   Link #16025
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
You just don't understand what men want.
I understand what I want. That's good enough.

Quote:
I'm working on it... I'm half-way there...
You should have been all the way there several hours ago. Don't blame me for you taking too long to get in the mood.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:14   Link #16026
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
There's no such thing as a "good Tsundere".
That's so true, for us, "good Tsundere" is a pleonasm

Quote:
Where did you get that impression?
Quote:
“GREMLIN is desperate for any countermeasures we can get against Imagine Breaker. Why do you think we tampered with the leylines to send that fortress to see if you were alive, nyaaahn!?
Saronyan!!!

Spoiler for indoor type?:

Just a little bit more ... just saying things like "I was a shut in!" and she can officially be classed as an ex-hikikomori = totally my type :3 ... and is that star eyes I'm seeing there?
I hope she won't get Kamijou's spécial Punch B sauce
Old 2012-01-06, 09:31   Link #16027
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She's just another slave candidate for Birdway.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:33   Link #16028
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Hsssss... Heretics....

Quote:
Saronyan!!!
Fair enough, but in my defense, it sounded more like they're gathering as many tactics as they can- you know, to have many options- and not because they were finding it hard like what Twi suggested.

Quote:

...You must be new here
Old 2012-01-06, 14:15   Link #16029
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

(About what happened to Kuruyo) Hah, Espers need to stay in their place with science and stay away from magic
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-01-06, 19:38   Link #16030
leukrota

Quote:
Spoiler for indoor type?:

Just a little bit more ... just saying things like "I was a shut in!" and she can officially be classed as an ex-hikikomori = totally my type :3 ... and is that star eyes I'm seeing there?
Somehow, that "indoor type" sounds like a sarcasm... I mean, isn't her magic about a woodland spirit?

She is most likely getting Touma's "loli-pawnch" ... but think this way: it's like a medicine, in the end it will be better for her... probably.

Quote:
Quote:
Hsssss... Heretics....
I thought you liked tsunderes.
Old 2012-01-06, 23:26   Link #16031
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The final fight is a rather long winded deduction game- I have a feeling it wouldn't work too well at all on the Anime Adaptation. I don't know if it's the translation but I've having a hard time following the train of thoughts.
Old 2012-01-06, 23:38   Link #16032
cleed

so basically its one of those scene "cuts off and sound of someone getting beaten up" situations. seem kind of awkward and erotic
Old 2012-01-06, 23:48   Link #16033
Hiro Hayase

Off topic, but.... anyone know what happened to Teh Ping? I was wondering if I should go ahead and format everything in NT volume 3 to British english since nobody's doing it yet.

Btw I'm Back~~~~~~~~ Winter vacation ftw! Anything really really really interesting happen while I was gone???

Tsundere's are like music to my ears. What an interesting turn of events.
Old 2012-01-06, 23:55   Link #16034
leukrota

Quote:
The final fight is a rather long winded deduction game- I have a feeling it wouldn't work too well at all on the Anime Adaptation. I don't know if it's the translation but I've having a hard time following the train of thoughts.
You're not the only one, I had to read twice the last part of the fight and still couldn't figure out some stuff, like what he did with the cell, did he text Kuroyoru?, that was just bogus... Also, Saronia took waaaaay to long to deliver the finishing blow, or so it seemed to me... and how the hell can Touma drag himself with just the strength of the fingers? without the upper arm and shoulder it's irrelevant if he can move the forearm and elbow, not to mention uprooting the plant before Saronia could realize what he was doing... it's just unrealistic... maybe he does have the strength of a Grizzly in his right hand.

Oh well, I guess this is enough for the rant... I'll just have to swallow it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
so basically its one of those scene "cuts off and sound of someone getting beaten up" situations. seem kind of awkward and erotic
Not even someone getting beaten up, but vague violence... Now we won't be able to shut up djmaca...
Old 2012-01-07, 00:21   Link #16035
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Off topic, but.... anyone know what happened to Teh Ping? I was wondering if I should go ahead and format everything in NT volume 3 to British english since nobody's doing it yet.

Btw I'm Back~~~~~~~~ Winter vacation ftw! Anything really really really interesting happen while I was gone???

Tsundere's are like music to my ears. What an interesting turn of events.
Working on Baka Test, Kaminomi, Shana and DenYuuDen? Yeah, sure, go ahead with it.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:14   Link #16036
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Working on Baka Test, Kaminomi, Shana and DenYuuDen? Yeah, sure, go ahead with it.
Alright, I'll do just that. Leave it to me.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:38   Link #16037
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You're not the only one, I had to read twice the last part of the fight and still couldn't figure out some stuff, like what he did with the cell, did he text Kuroyoru?, that was just bogus... Also, Saronia took waaaaay to long to deliver the finishing blow, or so it seemed to me... and how the hell can Touma drag himself with just the strength of the fingers? without the upper arm and shoulder it's irrelevant if he can move the forearm and elbow, not to mention uprooting the plant before Saronia could realize what he was doing... it's just unrealistic... maybe he does have the strength of a Grizzly in his right hand.

The cell only makes sense if it was Kuro-nyan, a quick text like "look over here" or something. About Touma dragging himself, the terrain was uneven so if we happen to think about it as Touma going downhill, it actually works; however it would be unrealistic for Saronia to stand there and watch Touma crawl for over 40 meters or so, unless he so happened to be something like 4 meters away from the target, it's just silly.

BTW, I'm surprised that people started to rant for about now, this certainly has been like the most awkwardly written volume ever since like ever, so we finally have something that dethrones volume 2 (that doesn't mean that NT3 nor Vanilla 2 are bad volumes)..... I won't even go about Kuro-nyan being able to put a (presumably) large magic power spell for the sake of injuring herself only based on Birdway's banter on volume 2.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:50   Link #16038
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
BTW, I'm surprised that people started to rant for about now, this certainly has been like the most awkwardly written volume ever since like ever, so we finally have something that dethrones volume 2 (that doesn't mean that NT3 nor Vanilla 2 are bad volumes)..... I won't even go about Kuro-nyan being able to put a (presumably) large magic power spell for the sake of injuring herself only based on Birdway's banter on volume 2.
I've seen Accelerator pull off two magic spells from monkey-see-monkey-do methods, I won't be particularly surprised if Kuroyoru has leet cyborg memories so that's nothing ground breaking for me.

But that second part of Saronia vs Kamijou was odd because we don't have a clear picture of the field. We don't know how far are they apart from one another, or whether there's something else in the way, so heck maybe the seedling fell together when the cliff collapsed, we don't know.
Old 2012-01-07, 02:28   Link #16039
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The cell only makes sense if it was Kuro-nyan, a quick text like "look over here" or something.
It could have been something like "give me a hand"

But seriously, I won't say the actions have always been perfectly described, if anything, I'd say that's one of Kamachi's weak points... but this last scene seems like an excerpt from a dream... kinda reminds me of those fights against Carrisa in which she had Curtana.
Old 2012-01-07, 04:44   Link #16040
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

Not even someone getting beaten up, but vague violence... Now we won't be able to shut up djmaca...
That is another question to the author. Why make magician so powerfull? Than to show us how Touma wins using some impossible moves? Nah. Why not to lower the power to make it more realistic at least in TAMNI. This repeated panel of Touma winning all his opponents would not be so boring if he would use some more realistic tricks. Really, i am reading this novel only because of many interesting support characters.
Or may be this is the way author shows us that Magic side is much more powerfull and can be won only by cheats?
P.S. I am not new here. It is just i am again dissapointed with final battle.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen