AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 13:37   Link #241
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Personally I was hoping for Martian Manhunter and Dr. Fate as DLC.
Old 2013-04-28, 01:43   Link #242
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Oh, I really hope they do get J'onn. He needs to get some payback for all that wreckage the others did on the watch tower.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:26   Link #243
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So, we've been told that new Batman skin will be the Flashpoint Batman, Thomas Wayne.

Seeing as I actually enjoyed Flashpoint, I actually like the choice~
Old 2013-04-28, 02:46   Link #244
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So, we've been told that new Batman skin will be the Flashpoint Batman, Thomas Wayne.

Seeing as I actually enjoyed Flashpoint, I actually like the choice~
Flashpoint Joker?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:58   Link #245
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^ Well... seeing as Flashpoint Joker is a woman (Martha Wayne), I don't really see that working as these DLC skins are just that... skins, no extra voice work~
Old 2013-04-28, 23:41   Link #246
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Here's the first gameplay footage of Lobo.
Old 2013-04-28, 23:43   Link #247
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Netherrealms.... how DARE you censor The Main Man's middle finger!
Old 2013-04-29, 00:19   Link #248
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Flashpoint Joker could be for Harley since pretty much Harley is a female Joker.

Lobo...meh...
Old 2013-04-29, 08:18   Link #249
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Lobo's super is hilarious. Totally fits him, though. He seems to be more of a mid-range zoner to close-range rush down. Interesting style.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:16   Link #250
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Initiation to the Bat Family. Become a Robin first, then take on the mantel of the next in line till the Batman mantel is passed on.
Or die, as in Jason Todd's case.

Sometimes the Robins and Batgirls get *really* mixed up. There's been what... at least 4 Robins and 4 Batgirls? (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne; Betty Kane, Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown - plus all the alternate timeline/universe versions)

The turnover rate for Batman's sidekicks is worse than part-time retail positions. They all seem to get killed (Jason Todd), maimed (Barbara Gordon), or turn into bad guys (looking at YOU, Cassandra).

Personally, I was kinda hoping for Starfire, Static Shock, Blue Beetle, Red Hood (Jason Todd), or Ravager (Rose Wilson).

But I guess we can't have every comic character. Though in my opinion the roster is pretty sparse considering what Marvel vs. Capcom's rosters are like. Not to mention Ravager would be too much like Deathstroke in playstyle and Red Hood would be a bit too much like Nightwing.

At least give us Martian Manhunter, though. Dear God, why do people always forget about him? HE IS AWESOME! ;_;

I can understand most of the playable characters being in the game, but I don't see why Ares and Solomon Grundy are there. Ares... bleh. Not exactly iconic unless you're a big fan of Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl (Wonder Girl is probably more relevant to more modern/younger audiences, and she's not even in the game). And Solomon Grundy is just kinda bland. So many better (and more iconic) Batman villains they could have used, like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul, or Deadshot. I mean, just choose one. Hell, even the Scarecrow would have been more interesting than Solomon Grundy.

I am, however, really pleased that Deathstroke, Shazam, and Raven are in it. To be honest I wasn't expecting Shazam or Raven to be in it, but I can be pleasantly surprised.

I was pretty disappointed that Scorpion was one of the FOUR DLC characters (assuming it's true). I know he's an obvious choice for an MK crossover, but between the choice of a crossover character and another DC character, I'd take another DC character any day of the week. I already own MK9, so why would I bother using Scorpion? Considering the sheer number of cool DC characters they could have used, it's seriously a wasted opportunity. Any real DC fan could instantly rattle off ten characters that they would trade for Scorpion. It also irritates me because I suspect he's going to be a direct port of his MK9 version.

I'm okay with Zod and Lobo. I was never a cult fan of Lobo, but I know he does have a large fanbase. Zod is just badass. If he wasn't in a game where Superman is a main character I would question Netherrealm's sanity.

If they have Batgirl, it should be Barbara Gordon. Just my personal opinion, but I think it would fit better considering that Cassandra turns into a bad guy after the One Year Later arc. Not to mention she was the first Batgirl that actually mattered.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:21   Link #251
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The remaining DLC I wanted was Martian Manhunter, Gorilla Grodd, and Vixen. So much could be done with their fighting styles for this game.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:26   Link #252
Destined_Fate

Ares should have just been there for plot and that's it. We didn't need him to be playable for him to get the job done, hell his single fight wasn't needed either.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 10:46   Link #253
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
killed (Jason Todd),
Voted by fans

Quote:
maimed (Barbara Gordon),
Non-canon story that became canonized due to popularity.

Quote:
turn into bad guys (looking at YOU, Cassandra).
Granted, shitty writing.

Quote:
If they have Batgirl, it should be Barbara Gordon. Just my personal opinion, but I think it would fit better considering that Cassandra turns into a bad guy after the One Year Later arc. Not to mention she was the first Batgirl that actually mattered.
Exactly why I support Cassandra. I don't expect Barbara to be able to survive in Injustice if she continued to be Batgirl.

Quote:
I'm okay with Zod and Lobo. I was never a cult fan of Lobo, but I know he does have a large fanbase. Zod is just badass. If he wasn't in a game where Superman is a main character I would question Netherrealm's sanity.
Which Zod?
Old 2013-04-30, 11:06   Link #254
Destined_Fate

Cassandra Cain was handled badly, they later had it being that she was under the influence of a drug.

With how badly the Heel Turn was with her DC started to consider her "Toxic" and still do to this very day even though THEY screwed up her character with a very poorly planned event to try and help Tim Drake who didn't need help anyway. Hell, Tim fans were angry that Cassandra, who has a great relationship and history with Tim and is one of his most trusted allies, was changed so drastically and for no good reason. Cassandra also sold consistently well when she had her Batgirl title so this change made even LESS sense as she didn't even need it either nor was it wanted.

Than there's the thing about Tim still being one of the characters that can hold a book with just his name alone and sell well. Like how they used Tim to sell New 52 Teen Titans and only now are they considering on giving Tim his own solo again.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:17   Link #255
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Voted by fans
Discounts his point, how?

Quote:
Non-canon story that became canonized due to popularity.
Proof of it being non-canon? Because I don't see anything that states it was ever non-canon, only that it was a one-shot. And then, a mere 4 months later, they put out a special that officially retired Barbara from action. That isn't much time to discern reaction, write a book, draw said book, ink it, print it, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Than there's the thing about Tim still being one of the characters that can hold a book with just his name alone and sell well. Like how they used Tim to sell New 52 Teen Titans and only now are they considering on giving Tim his own solo again.
At least his writers never had him get raped and constantly failing because if he succeeded, he'd be too similar to Batman. Poor Nightwing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 11:27   Link #256
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Discounts his point, how?
Noting that it wasn't entirely DC' decision.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:55   Link #257
Destined_Fate

Yeah...

I still can't believe that they had Nightwing have that happen to him by that crazy lady. What's even more sad is that the person that did that issue didn't believe it was what it was even after saying that Nightwing was in no position to say No and wasn't into her.

Though to be fair Tim has almost had women force themselves upon him a few times(Such as Red Robin where Ra's wanted his DNA for a true heir and it almost happened until Cassandra saved him from losing his virginity) and he has a lot of girls that want his virginity as lovers. Even his adopted sister Cassandra wants Tim and Tim still remembers that he saw her naked before in the same thought process as he's thinking of his other love interests that he has seen naked while slowing heading towards a girl that was showering.
Old 2013-04-30, 17:26   Link #258
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

^
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2013-05-01, 12:42   Link #259
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Classic Harley incoming~~

Old 2013-05-01, 18:52   Link #260
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Or die, as in Jason Todd's case.

Sometimes the Robins and Batgirls get *really* mixed up. There's been what... at least 4 Robins and 4 Batgirls? (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne; Betty Kane, Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown - plus all the alternate timeline/universe versions)

The turnover rate for Batman's sidekicks is worse than part-time retail positions. They all seem to get killed (Jason Todd), maimed (Barbara Gordon), or turn into bad guys (looking at YOU, Cassandra).

I agree. Though Jason now is more of an anti-hero thanks to the Outlaws and slut Starfire.