AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-03, 18:14   Link #21
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Episodes 09 and 10 spoilers from Newtype Magazine.

Spoiler:
-- Translation credits go to verity_isle.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-12-03 at 18:26.
Old 2006-12-03, 22:23   Link #22
Sirmackerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Episodes 09 and 10 spoilers from Newtype Magazine.

Spoiler:
-- Translation credits go to verity_isle.

Heh, I bet Zero's calm because he'll able to deploy his queen for that battle... I'm also hoping that it's stronger than the Lancelot.
Old 2006-12-05, 11:58   Link #23
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Heh, I bet Zero's calm because he'll able to deploy his queen for that battle... I'm also hoping that it's stronger than the Lancelot.
Although it's one of my most fervent hopes, I'm afraid that dream won't come true - unless, of course, Suzaku is badly surprised about Crimson Lotus-2 being on par with the technically superior KF Lancelot is touted to be, at least unsettled long enough to give Karen an opening and damage Lancelot.

From the looks of it, Lancelot has an upper hand thanks to its beam shield and Slash Harkens (wired rocket anchors) but I guess the CL-2 must also pack a LOT of punch with that clawed hand - perhaps enough to shear the Lancelot's Slash Harkens off their wires and force Suzaku back for a while. I hope for a handheld rifle or some equipment powerful enough to counter the new Maser Vibration Swords but as I said above, the deciding factor will mostly be the surprise effect. Other than that, there is also the possibility that Suzaku MIGHT NOT be dispatched to the JLF's hideout for the mop-up battle and he'll most likely watch it from TV while Lloyd loudly giggles in the background at the appearance of an opponent worthy of Lancelot.

In any case, I believe the CL-2's (dramatic) appearance will be enough to jeopardize the entire wipeout operation Britannia engaged against the JLF and draw the world's attention on Japan and Zero's fight. One question left unanswered, though, is where does the CL-2 come from - did the JLF build it or did Zero once again use his power of Geass on some private engineering division? Because if the JLF happens to be the builder (which seems likely), then it means Zero and co. would have to reach the JLF base, sneak in (which is no small task) then sneak out presumably using Kallen's rampage as cover.

Ah, the wonders of speculation and realism...
Old 2006-12-05, 16:05   Link #24
Sirmackerel

It wouldn't be too farfetched for this series if Zero just showed up at the JFL's base and Geass'ed the right people to leave the Crimson Lotus ripe for the taking.

As for the battle, I find the most likely outcome to be that the Lancelot won't be deployed in episode 10. Sunrise won't allow Suzaku to be defeated this early (or at all) in the series, and it'd be extremely anticlimactic for the Crimson Lotus to be defeated by the Lancelot in its very first battle.

On second thought, in the event that the Lancelot is defeated at some point, all that does is give Sunrise the excuse to make a Lancelot v2.0... (I'm looking at YOU, Strike Freedom...)
Old 2006-12-06, 03:11   Link #25
ordnance11

Here's my question.

It's almost a given that Cornelia is either going to die at the hands of Lulu or by the hands of the emperor.

Now, will Nanaly be alive at the end of the series?

There's been a precedent for this:

Clamp's X/1999- Kamui's imouto was offed

GSD - Shin's imouto croaked at the start.

If Nanaly dies before the end - any bets on what Lulu would do next?
Old 2006-12-06, 06:11   Link #26
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Hobby Japan Jan 07 has some nice Code Geass pages, including this one with the colour schemes for the Crimson Lotus Mark 2, not surprisingly it's red (and orange), and Lelouch's modified Glasgow (grey and red with gold horns):

Also in the very bottom right there's also red and grey (with rabbit ears lol) modified versions of the Glasgow.
Old 2006-12-06, 12:12   Link #27
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
If Nanaly dies before the end - any bets on what Lulu would do next?
He'd snap and become Shinn. No to mention that he wouldn't have a major reason toi keep on fighting Britannia. And of course Suzaku would be hurt pretty bad by that as well so this would crush both male leads resulting in i have no idea what.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-06, 13:05   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
Now, will Nanaly be alive at the end of the series?
This IS a mecha show where a main character has a sister complex...

So its pretty obvious that Nanaly will "die" before the end... There's like zero chance that she won't... The circumstances all lead up to it... As well as the history.

Whether its a permanent death or not is another question. But still, the show will make Lulu go off into a tangent and Nanaly's "death" is the only way that'll happen.
Old 2006-12-06, 13:08   Link #29
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i guess by being someone that depends on lulu, nanaly has already risen her "death flag"
even tho i wont like to see it happen i think theres about 50-50 chance that it will...i do wish there was some other alternative but atm my mind is blocked >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-06, 13:32   Link #30
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't welcome it, as the poor girl has suffered enough, but I can see how it might be one thing to make Suzaku side with Zero. Assuming Britannia is the cause of her death...
Old 2006-12-06, 13:41   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Of course i don't want anything to happen to Nunally, but ever since the third episode.. i've been getting this feeling that something shall happen to her, it might be death.. or something to do with her weak state. Even so - it would push Lelouch over the edge.. but for that to happen, someone has to find out about Zero's identity. That could very well be how Schneizel shall make his appearance.

Remember, its just speculation. ^^;;
Old 2006-12-06, 15:59   Link #32
Sirmackerel

I was kinda hoping the Crimson Lotus would have a slick looking red and pink color scheme instead of this goofy red and orange color scheme... ah well.
Old 2006-12-06, 19:54   Link #33
sx3
0 Gundam

um this might be a very noobish question but ive only recently found out about Code geass, Will Zero get a knightmare suit himself? any speculations or anything? sorry lol me = new to this one
Old 2006-12-06, 21:19   Link #34
Sirmackerel

Zero's suit will most likely be that horned Glasgow in the scan a few posts up.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:15   Link #35
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Zero's suit will most likely be that horned Glasgow in the scan a few posts up.
Yep, the scan said so.

To make it clear, Kallen would be the only one with the Crimson Lotus MK-II.
I don't think that unit Lelouch will get with the horns and fangs is a Glascow, ブライ is the name in the image. BuRaI? Burai? People who actually have real Japanese language skills, feel free to correct me...

("Burai" could mean "無頼", which I believe translates to "Thug". Not a glorious name by any means... Then again, that might be intentional in differentiating them from the blue-blooded British Mechs.)

Anyway, all Burai's have fangs on its face, as shown in an earlier b/w image. Only the Commander-unit, piloted by Zero, has horns. The horn-less units are used by the other Black Knight members. From the B/W image descriptions, the horned unit does not have special powers compared to the hornless versions; in keeping with Chess, where the King isn't overtly powerful.
Old 2006-12-07, 04:21   Link #36
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

God, i hope Nanaly does not die she is not having it easy as it is. But like Deathkillz i think there is a 50-50 it could happen... assuming Britania is the cause(who else) it would serve as a reason for Suzaku to curse Britania to high heavens, then team up with Lulu(who would have gone on a bloody rage about this time) and then they could go postal on Britania together.

That aside, why didn't Lulu simply order Cornelia to go back to Britania and kill all the royal family and herself after it has been done ?
Old 2006-12-07, 06:57   Link #37
Sirmackerel

*imagines Lulu clutching Nunally's cellphone ala Shinn from GSD*

DO NOT WANT

Whoever kills Nunally is screwed, since then he'll have both Zero and Lancelot hunting him down.
Old 2006-12-08, 16:49   Link #38
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

SPOI-LERS!
Scans galore.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-08, 17:28   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm pretty sure everyone can admit that the first image posted is just 100% Epic - i'm loving it. & for some reason, looking at the second image had be wondering when Toudou shall take more of an active role in the show.
Old 2006-12-08, 17:44   Link #40
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Looks like the Crimson Lotus' maiden battle will be a two-ep story, possibly with ep10 ending on a cliffhanger as Lancelot enters the battlefield (preceded by CL-2 having wiped out all Britannian forces, causing Cornelia to call on Lloyd and co. for reinforcements) and ep11 ending on a statu quo, all forces draw back and reconsider the current situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone can admit that the first image posted is just 100% Epic - i'm loving it. & for some reason, looking at the second image had be wondering when Toudou shall take more of an active role in the show.
Well, the new OP certainly suggests so. I guess that he'll allow Lelouch to make use of the CL-2 in order to save his organization. A pact of sorts, I guess.

For my part I sort of prefer the third pic but that's just my tastes lighting up like a Christmas tree on steroids.

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers