AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 11:53   Link #41
Kristen
*Author

It almost seems like Nagisa is a foil. I mean, I'm sure she isn't, as I haven't played the game. But as of right now, it seems like Nagisa exists to portray life as it should go as someone with a very close family, a happy life, and small dreams/desires. Everyone else has something that's not perfect like Nagisa, such as delinquency, aggression, or simply just not being real.
I'm kind of excited to see her arc play out when it comes out.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:27   Link #42
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Nagisa is not "perfect" either - she doesn't seem to be very good with people, and then there are her health issues. We already know it was bad enough for her to actually skip a whole year, and i don't believe we have seen last of them.
Old 2007-12-13, 23:12   Link #43
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
Nah, I think I get what they're talking about. Although so far Nagisa's is only a personality issue caused by her weak self, she really has things to be happy about. The rest may have some issues they still need to work out, while all she needs to be is more social, if she suddenly hasn't already (No thanks to Tomoya, who is one of those people with issues.)
So it's not really an idea of "perfection," but an idea of "issues," where she doesn't have much beyond being weak and having to skip a year of school. Yeah, it sounds wrong, but I hope you get the idea.
Old 2007-12-20, 14:47   Link #44
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Its quite wierd but i really liked Nagisa at the start and to be fair she's been like pushed aside but everyone else they introduce like fuko etc.. but i fell thats why to me she will be a small part character as she will be pushed aside again when it comes to okazaki 's love.
Old 2007-12-24, 11:12   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Not sure if this is on-topic or off-topic, anyway, Happy Birthday to Nagisa-chan today. For her birthday is on Christmas Day, December 25th.
Old 2007-12-24, 12:33   Link #46
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Not sure if this is on-topic or off-topic, anyway, Happy Birthday to Nagisa-chan today. For her birthday is on Christmas Day, December 25th.
It's still December 24 (morning) over here so, Happy Birthday to Nagisa in advance.
Old 2007-12-24, 12:46   Link #47
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
otanjobi omedeto nagisa-chan (sorry if im wrong)
Old 2007-12-25, 11:18   Link #48
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to our beloved Nagisa-chan!
Old 2007-12-26, 07:06   Link #49
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
I personally think that Nagisa is a very refreshing character as she seems almost normal towards the rest of the cast and I think it's nice to have a neutral character like that. Although she hasn't been fleshed out much yet I'm looking forward to seeing her own arc.
Not to mention her and Tomoya are a cute couple ;]
Old 2007-12-26, 12:26   Link #50
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
It's still December 24 (morning) over here so, Happy Birthday to Nagisa in advance.
Actually, you're the one who's correct.

http://www.interchannel.jp/game/clannad/character.html

Here it says her birthday is on Christmas Eve.

Yet the dialogue in the game makes it sound like her birthday falls on Christmas Day. Probably an overlook by KEY over this confusion. I guess it depends on which day do you define as the "gift-giving" day. Some give presents on the 24th, while others on the 25th.

So I do apologize for the belated birthday.
Old 2008-01-23, 21:18   Link #51
X207
Gamyūsa

is there any reason why nagisa is such an understanding person? here she is with tomoya who likes to befreind various girls who may try/are trying to take tomoya for themselves. if this was anyother anime she'd already be quite jealous.
Old 2008-01-24, 02:05   Link #52
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
is there any reason why nagisa is such an understanding person? here she is with tomoya who likes to befreind various girls who may try/are trying to take tomoya for themselves. if this was anyother anime she'd already be quite jealous.
There's no reason to be kind and innocent, even if there are any, it would be genes and family upbringing lol

That's why we love Nagisa, she puts others before herself.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-01-24, 07:32   Link #53
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
There's no reason to be kind and innocent, even if there are any, it would be genes and family upbringing lol

That's why we love Nagisa, she puts others before herself.
ty, then it a good thing that she has those 2 as her parents.
Old 2008-01-26, 01:18   Link #54
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Well, I'm not really fond of Nagisa but this is my thought after watching 15 episodes of Clannad. She might have all the good attributes as an ideal girl, but she's soft, fragile and lacks understanding of the "real world". If you're too kind to others, they will only take advantage of it and will be all over your head before you even know. Harsh but true, which is why I could relate to Sunohara's outburst of anger. What C.A said is true; there's no reason to be kind but innocence is a person's nature and usually comes from one's family background, eg Nagisa. People like Nagisa can be hurt easily, that's where we need people like Okazaki to be in the picture. Okazaki is the reason Nagisa being who she is right now, strong. Mah, other than that.. I do like her character and portrayal of cuteness sometimes. Just my 2 cents.
Old 2008-01-26, 02:19   Link #55
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
People like Nagisa can be hurt easily, that's where we need people like Okazaki to be in the picture.
Isn't that why they complete each other? Tomoya seems disillusioned with life while Nagisa remains naive and fragile.
Old 2008-01-26, 02:24   Link #56
Khaos

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
And I really like her, because she is NOT jealous, which means, she trusts him, just because she feels she can.
Well, ok, he told her that lie about Sunohara, but that was so hilarious, that I can't imagine Nagisa really being mad or hurt about that, though she would be even more embaressed.
And Tomoya behaves towards Nagisa in a different way as he behaves towards the other girls, so I don't see any problem in him being friends with them.
Old 2008-01-26, 07:01   Link #57
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Isn't that why they complete each other? Tomoya seems disillusioned with life while Nagisa remains naive and fragile.
Exactly what I've stated before, which is why Clannad is so interesting to watch because everybody revolves around Okazaki (the interactions, etc). Well, that statement isn't entirely accurate so let me rephrase. Okazaki is always at the center of events no matter who the girl hence the various arcs. He's the ladies' man. Damn, why can't my previous school life be like that.

That being said, Okazaki x Nagisa could make a good couple but in truth I'd prefer to to see Okazaki x Kotomi rabu rabu.
*runs off with a shield to Kotomi thread*
Old 2008-01-26, 13:21   Link #58
avion48

Who here thinks Nagisa would look better with longer hair?
Old 2008-01-26, 15:08   Link #59
Inferied

Quote:
Originally Posted by avion48 View Post
I don't... She probably would look better, but it would ruin her appeal, she couldn't be as moe she is now...
Old 2008-01-26, 15:54   Link #60
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by avion48 View Post
Nagisa just wouldn't be Nagisa anymore, one of the first things Tomoya notes about Nagisa from the game is her short hair fluttering in the wind, IIRC.

The girl in the other world looks like a pretty close approximation to Nagisa with long hair, don't you think?