AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 17:20   Link #4281
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And again the 49ners still gave up 32 points and 2 consecutive 80 yard TD drives and would have been the Goats if Allhax Smith didn’t miraculously come through, are yall GEUXING insane? Giants D is playing the best in the playoffsTeams keep the Saints to under 40 and they throw a party I guessCut the cake and celebrate visually great football being over…Harbaugh Bowl and it’s 13-9 final score is gonna be soooo creamy…Enjoy
Considering almost every Offense has some miraculous drive near the end of the game (especially within the 2 minute drill) not all that surprising the Saints would do such a thing. Still doesn't change how they were held the rest of the game and how key that was to the victory. Better you have the Saints fight from behind than yourself and let them be the answer to the possible final lead change (if I even explained that right).

Key word "playoffs", they were not the same defense when the Saints played them. They were pretty bad.

When you've got an offense like the Saints, that is a pretty darn good accomplishment. I mean heck I rarely see the Saints even punt.

Your opinion, but I'd rather watch good ol rough n' tough football with good defense and hard earned drives or at least methodical ones instead of college football esque shootout crap. Why would I want to keep watching Brees pass to wide open recievers in zone coverage all game long. So visually appealing. The only physical impact I get from Saints games is watching Graham or Thomas do their thing. Most Saints games are boring and predictable. Sure the Pats are much the same way, but when I watch them I feel like I can see the process. When I watch the Saints I just get the impression that the defense is retarded. It just looks like recievers casually move about the field without any opposition, its like watching a game of practice with the D making constant mistakes.

Gee, Let me stand 10 feet behind this reciever in a zone, Brees won't ever be able to hit this guy on the pass. oh wait maybe we should try another zone D that should work in theory, but it probably won't because there is always 1 or 2 guys who will get beat on a cut (despite us having tons of space between the guy!!) or blow some coverage down the field and leave someone else open, ohhh stupid us.

Oh but what are we suppossed to do, we can't physically mess with recievers anymore because this is the pansy league now after all and we need more high scoring games with tons of offense for excitement.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 17:29   Link #4282
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

NO put up 30 against Chicago btw.

The Giants certainly have the hottest defense right now, that's for sure. They have the talent to be a top 5 defense, they just pack it in during the regular season (then bitch about being disrespected in the playoffs). Hell, didn't you say that yourself, Toki?

The Saints put up 32 points despite five turnovers (and was only down by 3 at halftime despite four off them) and had the lead on two different occasions in the 4th. That's usually enough to win a football game. You can't just blow that off, it doesn't matter that it happened at the end of the game. The fact remains that the 49ers beat the Saints on a shootout and last second heroics on Alex Smith's part and kudos to them on doing so.

Edit: And I can't believe I just defended the Saints.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 17:31   Link #4283
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The Giants certainly have the hottest defense right now, that's for sure. They have the talent to be a top 5 defense, they just pack it in during the regular season (then bitch about being disrespected in the playoffs). Hell, didn't you say that yourself, Toki?
Indeed I did. It seriously puzzles me. Its like every year they have some kind of wake up when they get around to the playoffs (or at some other random point in the year) and suddenly become this force to be reckoned with.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 17:33   Link #4284
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:

The Saints put up 32 points despite five turnovers (and was only down by 3 at halftime despite four off them) and had the lead on two different occasions in the 4th. That's usually enough to win a football game. You can't just blow that off, it doesn't matter that it happened at the end of the game. The fact remains that the 49ers beat the Saints on a shootout and last second heroics on Alex Smith's part and kudos to them on doing so.

Edit: And I can't believe I just defended the Saints.

You're just defending the truth..that's what I'm saying, we had 5 LESS POSSESSIONS, 5! How many more points could we have scored in 5 more possessions? It's like getting to the center of a Tootsie Pop,yall know how it go...That's why I give Smith the credit on that win more than the niners D...
Old 2012-01-18, 20:40   Link #4285
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You're just defending the truth..that's what I'm saying, we had 5 LESS POSSESSIONS, 5! How many more points could we have scored in 5 more possessions? It's like getting to the center of a Tootsie Pop,yall know how it go...That's why I give Smith the credit on that win more than the niners D...
Well the Packers had like 7 dropped passes. How many more points could the Packers have scored if those passes aren't dropped? So we could play that game all day long. The Giants defense was good against the Packers, but that wasn't the same Packers team we had seen the entire season. They looked like they hadn't practiced in a month.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 20:49   Link #4286
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I generally dislike excuses, I do think that the offensive coordinator's son dying like six days before the game and the funeral occurring Friday before the game had an effect on the Packers. I thought it would be a positive one, though (a team unity moment).

He (Joe Philbin) is the front-runner for the Miami job btw.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:31   Link #4287
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I generally dislike excuses, I do think that the offensive coordinator's son dying like six days before the game and the funeral occurring Friday before the game had an effect on the Packers. I thought it would be a positive one, though (a team unity moment).
Anyone who thinks otherwise -- has no soul. At that same time, remember the day after Brett Favre's dad. Of course, completely different circumstances.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 16:32   Link #4288
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Anyone who thinks otherwise -- has no soul. At that same time, remember the day after Brett Favre's dad. Of course, completely different circumstances.
Yeah, it's easier to tribute the game to your father who died after a long life, than your son who you would wish to outlive you. What a horrible situation.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:21   Link #4289
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
A couple of the television announcers said they thought the Packers locker room was unusually sombre in advance of a playoff game and attributed the atmosphere to the son's death.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 18:04   Link #4290
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
A couple of the television announcers said they thought the Packers locker room was unusually sombre in advance of a playoff game and attributed the atmosphere to the son's death.
Goes both ways. If the Packers won that game, there would be the angle of "oh the son's death rallied the team". Now that they've lost people are trying to use the excuse of "oh the son's death distracted the team". Really? We're going to use the coach's son's death as a scapegoat?

How about the Packers just sucked ass that day and there wasn't anything that was going to change that?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-19, 18:55   Link #4291
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How about the Packers just sucked ass that day and there wasn't anything that was going to change that?
Not taking anything from the Giants because they played great and won fair and square, but the players aren't robots and the coaches are like family to many of these players.

It was really bad timing.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:35   Link #4292
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Looking at the weather forecasts for The City over the weekend and it's really looking like Sunday's game at Candlestick will be damp, at a minimum, as it's pretty likely to rain Sunday.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 04:36   Link #4293
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Looking at the weather forecasts for The City over the weekend and it's really looking like Sunday's game at Candlestick will be damp, at a minimum, as it's pretty likely to rain Sunday.
That makes it's anyone's contest even more so. This might favor the 49ers if it rains. The bad weather could make the Giant's passing attack a little easier to defend. And I don't see them running the ball on us. It's probably going to come down to turnovers.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-21, 00:12   Link #4294
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

The last four teams all have something in common with where the Superbowl is going to be held.

49ers: Jim Harbaugh played for the Colts

Giants: Manning brothers

Ravens: Colts used to be in Baltimore

Patriots: Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry
Old 2012-01-21, 21:03   Link #4295
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

looks like Joe Pa is dead...

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-01-21 at 21:19.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 21:20   Link #4296
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

nah he still alive for now.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:14   Link #4297
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

good god...they can't decide whether if he's dead or alive
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 10:34   Link #4298
solomon

JoePa RIP

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...mpid=125219969
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:33   Link #4299
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
good god...they can't decide whether if he's dead or alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Yep, and it was bound to be soon regardless... as late stage lung cancer... hardly anyone would pull out of that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 12:30   Link #4300
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Sucks that his carrer had to end on such a bad note
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports