AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 11:06   Link #41
larethian

I just picked up volume 1 of the manga. Seki-kun's ridiculous antics are really hilarious. Looking forward to (Hana-Kana) voiced version of Yokoi Rumi. I'm surprised that Seki-kun has a VA, since he has zero dialogue bubbles in the manga (v1 at least). This will be my comedy skit fix for winter. \o/
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:00   Link #42
larethian

Spoilers
Spoiler for ep1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:20   Link #43
Dop
Mmmm....

That was fun, and I do love the ED, as short as it is.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:27   Link #44
AntonKutovoi

Well, that was quite funny. Considering episodes are 7 minutes long, I guess I'll watch it.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 15:00   Link #45
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, that opening had my head bobbing the second I heard it haha

That teacher must be short sighted haha, and the facial reactions of the character will be a big part in this anime, you can just tell This actually seems like a really entertaining anime, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he does in the next episode
Old 2014-01-05, 15:04   Link #46
MCAL

This was pretty funny. Definitely enhanced by the BGM and Kana Hanazawa's excellent voice acting. Also the Opening and Ending are pretty good.

EDIT: Watched it again too. This is just hilarious. And I think I'm gonna replay the ending about 100 times.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-01-05 at 18:01.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 15:41   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay, that was pretty good - perfect material for a short. And there is a level of adorableness that comes out for me in Yokoi in the anime that didn't in the manga. Prolly effective va'ing and visuals? Who knows. But the ed was a summation of this element in Yokoi for me. Endearing!

A good start imo, let's see if it works over the next few eps - hope it will!
Old 2014-01-05, 16:55   Link #48
ookamigirl

Amimation looks rather basic and simple.
Characters don't look that special either.
The story is also simple, but entertaining.
If you are bored, I recommend this.
I'm skipping this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 17:50   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good start to what seems like an adorably low-key anime. Poor Yokoi, I just know she's going to get into all sorts of troubles because of her neighbor.

Where the hell did Seki get all these erasers from? That was crazy
Old 2014-01-05, 18:35   Link #50
ices
Working Hard

The first episode was hilarious. Great OP and ED And that Hana Kana voice acting
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 22:26   Link #51
jedinat

I thought it was horrible. Crappy animation. The manga is pretty funny but this just didn't have the right comedic timing/execution... She's talking out loud which bothers me (in the manga most of it is in her head) and scenes are dragged out annoyingly (a minute of exposition in the pause before she answers the teacher)...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 23:34   Link #52
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It looked reaaaaally cheap. Seki-kun's hair is either a fully singular flat colour or slight tint gradient, and you can even see the gradient split line in Yokoi's hair.

Quote:
She's talking out loud which bothers me (in the manga most of it is in her head)
This as well. I know it's a comedic series where we are to suspend our concepts of reality to an extent, but when you break the reality to harshly and expect some sort of humanistic and logical connection, it's awkward. Case in point, when Yokoi's making such loud exclamations from the back without the teacher noticing, or how the teacher failed to see Seki-kun's first run at the eraser dominoes on his table.

That said, I did enjoy the content. Had me laughing a couple times and it had a good bit of harmless charm to it. Being so short, I'll definitely be checking out more.
Old 2014-01-05, 23:43   Link #53
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

How wonderful!

Having skimmed through the manga recently, I'm really happy with how the adaptation is taking place. The choice of music is great so far- not too over the top, and enhancing the scenes. The ED will have me looking forward to the episodes every week, I am sure (kind of like how Recorder to Randosel's EDs did). There's something simple and joyous about it to me, though I'm not entirely sure what that is.

While exaggerated for effect, the manga/anime really captures well how I felt about the class clowns and muck-around students in school. They're both infurating for those who want to get on with school, and also endlessly fascinating. You kinda want to know what they'll do next, but also dread it.

A solid 7/10 for me. Looking forward to more.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 23:57   Link #54
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Half the fun of the show is HanaKana going crazy with all those squeals and yells (though her singing still leaves a lot to be desired). Hopefully this time I can actually finish a short anime.

But really, if Seki can make his own anime, why is he still in school?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 00:41   Link #55
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I liked the OP and the ED. The art is pretty cheap but I didn't notice that much. The comedy was OK but it's going to get annoying if every event ends with Yokoi getting yelled at.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 01:14   Link #56
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
or how the teacher failed to see Seki-kun's first run at the eraser dominoes on his table.
There's a particularly huge guy in front of Seki's desk, so it looks as if that guy blocks Seki from the teacher's view.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 01:29   Link #57
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
There's a particularly huge guy in front of Seki's desk, so it looks as if that guy blocks Seki from the teacher's view.
Logical, but have a look at the establishing shot where the teacher yells at Yokoi. You can see over half of Seki-kun's desk, which is now magically free of erasers.

Not trying to pinpoint massive amounts of details in a comedy series, but I'd expect a table full of erasers to be continuously drawn with the erasers on them. That, or explain to me where they went, y'know?
Old 2014-01-06, 01:32   Link #58
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Logical, but have a look at the establishing shot where the teacher yells at Yokoi. You can see over half of Seki-kun's desk, which is now magically free of erasers.

Not trying to pinpoint massive amounts of details in a comedy series, but I'd expect a table full of erasers to be continuously drawn with the erasers on them. That, or explain to me where they went, y'know?
He shoved them in the drawer under the top of the desk. That was what the anime showed at least. ^^
Old 2014-01-06, 01:38   Link #59
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
He shoved them in the drawer under the top of the desk. That was what the anime showed at least. ^^
No no, the first time. Just after he unexpectedly set off the dominoes then stopped them.
Old 2014-01-06, 06:54   Link #60
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Where the hell did Seki get all these erasers from? That was crazy
If you look closely you'll notice the first eraser he has is worn at the top, all the others are pristine. I wonder if he got a bulk discount from the store?

Tags
short comedy skit, slice-of-life